Imperial Guard creation thread

What in the name of the emperor's eternal left testicle is going on here?

Idle manpower? On MY supervision?!
Officers, whip the (wo)men in shape, the emperor needs our aid on the field
of battle!

I declare this an imperial guard creation thread
so grab your virtual dice and lets get rolling

1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables

First roll of the day: Regiment Classification d10

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Imperial Guard: A true regiment, drilled and competent in their service.

Finaly a dint of professional guardsmanship, none of that scum-levying penal mess
or incompetent local militia bands, real guardsmen, real grit

Recruitment Criteria d100

Rolled 100 (1d100)

Rolled 2 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

The emperor has blessed you with a wider choice of recruitment sources,

roll a 3d100 to determine the import paths of the emperor's servants

Rolled 35, 55, 76 = 166 (3d100)

A combination of Nobility, Lottery and Ganger material, sounds like the
nobleborn's rebelious sons, chosen to be drilled back onto the path of
upstanding imperial citizens trough glorious sacrafice on the field of battle!

Nature of Recruitment d10

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Standard conscription: Average or above-average citizens recruited from all levels of society.

It would seems so that the scum of the noble birth get their chance of redemption in this
glorious regiment trough lottery selection

Home World d100

Rolled 100 (1d100)

Multiple Nat-100's in this.. Nice.

Home World Lost: Ghosts do not fear death, but they seek life with a terrible fury.

Look at you go, rolling in 100's,
The regiment seems to avenge the destruction of their homeworld,
the nobility serving an exemplary duty on the front line

(homeworld dominant terrain roll optional, if you still wanna do it roll 2d100 for both)

Regiment Core Units (d100)

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Jungle: Masters of stealth and inured to disease.
Mechanized Infantry

The regiment announces itself with a dust storm and the roar of engines
as they advance to the front line, cramped in their transports, ready to
unleash imperial fury wherever the driver delivers them

Specialization (d10)

dice+1d10

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Rollan!

Ranged Combat

What's that in the distance?
Is it a bird? is it a plane? Is it the deadly accurate rifle fire from the lost noble sons?
stay and find out, then you can report the findings to whatever afterlife god you believe in

Loyalty Rating (d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Il take both

Unorthodox: Serve the Emperor in ways frowned upon by most in the Administratum.
Heretical: This regiment has abandoned the truth of the Emperor.

Some consider them an aboslute example of how NOT to act as a regiment
, while others consider them straight up heretics,
the lost noble sons follow their own rules of engagement, ignoring the petty squabbles of the Administratum

They have a home to avenge

Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 29 (1d100)

Rolled 12 (1d100)

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Specialized Lasgun Pattern

A notable relic from the late world of theirs is a special pattern of lasgun
that aids them with its unique power and design to fight the enemies of the emperor,
they revere the weapon and use it with respect to its fullest capacity to avenge their world

(il leave the specifics and design up to you all)

Regiment Creed (d100)

Rolled 34 (1d100)

Rolled 66 (1d100)

100 get!

For The Homeworld: This regiment's mission is to demonstrate the skill and steel of the homeworld to the rest of the Imperium.

enough said

Special guest: dubs
Best of the Best: The regiment believes itself to be elite and constantly strives to prove itself.

while avenging their world, they have to prove their mettle and prowess to honor the fallen

Regiment Friends (d100)

What about a Lasgun pattern that, since they rely on mechanized combat, uses a combat spread-shot pattern? After all, sounds like they'll only be fighting in their vehicles or when they get out, in close quarters. And if it's a small regiment it makes sense why this STC hasn't been found, despite how good it is.

dice+1d100

Rolled 78 (1d100)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Fuck, wrong field

Compact** Emperor help me I wish I could type correctly sometimes. Also guys, keep in mind our regiment is literally a bunch of Heretics.

Imperial Navy

Well, they have to live somewhere, even if its in space
occasional trips to barren worlds for vehicle training

Regiment Enemies (d100) Lets see who destroyed their world

Shotgun-esque design?

Rolled 86 (1d100)

Rolled 8 (1d100)

Yes indeed! Also rollan

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Minor Xenos Empire get!

Specific Chaos-aligned group

The great enemy, agents of chaos tore apart their world,
so now, the lost noble sons combat chaos wherever it is found

Their vehicles of war riding trough sand and jungle, ice or city, ready to deploy the men inside wherever needed
to take up positions and hammer the enemy with superior ranged firepower

and thats all she wrote, now comes the fun part
lore and details

brb im off for a smoke break

Summary

Classification: Imperial Guard
Recruitment Criteria: Nobility, Lottery, and Gangers
Nature of Recruitment: Standard Conscription
Home World: Lost
Regiment Core Units: Jungle, Mechanized Infantry
Specialization: Ranged Combat
Loyalty:Unorthodox, Heretical
Special Equipment: Specialized Lasgun Pattern
Creed: For the Homeworld, Best of the Best
Friends: Imperial Navy
Enemies: Chaos-aligned group

Do we stick with the name

"Lost noble sons" regiment?

Sounds like a winner to me, yeah. Near-Heretics who think they're the best of the best, fighting off True-Heretics to keep their system pure, while wielding las-shots or whatever you'd call them, and romping about in Chimera divisions and Tauroxes.

But in what style would they be dressed? Redcoats or some flashy golden suits?

The redcoats sort of idea has already been done by Steel Legion, so I say really flashy suits, representing their prideful ways, and lots of embellishments for rank. Also remember a lot of them are either from Gangs or Nobility.

Either way, I say they have lots of epaulettes and gold braid, even if it's attached to battered battle armor.

So classic guardsman look with polished glossy red and gold?

I like the sound of that

So what exactly makes these guys near-heretics? Is it just a specific inquisitor who thinks they are corrupted along with there home world or do they like tinkering with there equipment more then what the tech priests find acceptable?

Considering they currently have a lost home world and are all about being the best in honor of the fallen home, maybe we could have them be near heretics in that they ignore all inefficient doctrine, despite that it's mandate. They don't suffer commissars who can't use strategy, they ignore IG codecies and mechanicus blueprints, all in the name of being the best goddamn army out there. If it doesn't get tangible, effective results, they don't do it.

I really like this idea actually; especially with the special Lasguns, mechanized army approach, and 'unorthodox doctrine'

>New mechanicus adept transfers into the unit.
>"Now it is time to appease the machine spirits in your guns. Come, join with me in the rites of appeasement!"
>dead fucking silence.
>Adept looks over to the rest of his unit, who are just staring blankly at him.

So there regiment lacks tech priests then? Perhaps they lost the majority of them when there home world went up in flames so they had to "improvise".

so the mecanicum are a bit angery that they cant have ALL MACHINES and this pissed off an inquisitor? or maeby an inquisitor exterminatused the planet because of the chaos taint

I feel they might not lack ALL techpriests, but the ones they have left are either borderline tech-heretics, or very good at turning a blind eye to their unit's less doctrinal ideas.

So most of the regiments elder and experienced techpriests were on there home world when it was destroyed leaving only the novices left who's job at that time was to light the incense. When the regiment figured out that they had no idea what they were doing they took matters into there own hands with the novices now learning from the regiment.

So the question now is why hasn't command sent a request for more techpriests to restaff the regiment or should I say why hasn't the mechanicus sent more by this point?

How big is the regiment. If the homeworld is lost then that means that whatever of the regiment that was off world is all that is left? So was it s full sized regiment that had been deployed when news came in that their homeworld was destroyed?

I say we name the regimental las guns to the Splatter-las pattern cause using it in a small space against an enemy results in said enemies bits and limbs splattering against the wall.

Friends with the imperial navy makes sense since they can't rely on their homeworld for any extra support.

Well if they lost their homeworld I'd imagine anything from said lost world would be of immense value. Sure the uniforms maybe very clean and flashy, but perhaps a common practice is for soldiers sport something less flashy on their uniform that is a direct reminder from the homeworld. Like the captain has a bottle cap from his favorite homeworld beer pinned on his chest, granted it's probably been mounted on a silver circle to make it look ritzy, but it's still a black, cartoonish looking beer bottle cap.

Many of the chimeras may have regimental banners that on the front side identify the machine and on the back side are posters or flyers from the lost homeworld. Like a the command Chimera rolls into battle, it's standard hoisted high, the regimental symbol/flag clearly identifying it to the foes, but on the back of the standard, an old poster of some long dead homeworld rockstar is inspiring the men forward, reminding them of where they come from.

Basicaly very flashy and trinket-y with a lot of gold and guns with unorthodox methods of warfare

So as a mechanized infantry + jungle with a specialization of ranged combat what would a company's equipment loadout/Motorpool look like?

I'd Imagine a possible command vehicle for a mechanized infantry would be a Malcador Defender. The armor, size, multiple bolters and Demolisher makes it an ideal command center and spear tip for a mechanized army.

I figure most of the other vehicles would be Chimera's or Taurox's. So in what ways do this regiment modify or use them that differentiates this regiment from all the others. And how does a mechanized infantry regiment capitalize on ranged combat when all they have are IFVs?

Should we think up any custom designs for IFV's or mods for Chimeras to better give the regiment flavor?

bump

Do they give comissars shit?

I don't think they have commissars, just because they don't seem like the type to get behind Blam!ings.

I would guess it depends on where the commissars were recruited from.

I feel that in order for them to lose tech priest support for a long period of time the entire sector would needed to have been wiped so if the commissars were recruited from the same sector as the regiment I would imagine that they would keep executions to a minimum and use other measures for discipline. If the commissars were recruited out of the sector then I think they would go MIA very quickly.

>comissar wakes up
>goes outside his tent for inspection
>he is alone in the wild with only his tent and transport tracks leading off into the distance

>there's a single scrap of paper with a note
>"night raids are better at surprising people you idiot."