Paizo Games General (Pathfinder & Starfinder) /pgg/

Paizo Games General (Pathfinder & Starfinder) /pgg/ (formerl1y /pfg/)

Rare 3rd party Material Edition: What's the odd duck in the grand expanse of 3pp stuff you love. even if its not that effective.

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/dragonrider/
strawpoll.me/13090610
youtube.com/watch?v=L7p6fMw-5YE
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure
d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When was the last time your character died for a noble cause, /pgg/?

is that some Rebecca Guay?

Agate Companion.
One of my characters ended up with a killer sheep.

I've wanted to toy around with Slayer Lethalities for a while now, and there's a few good books that really expand the list of slayer options to actually have more breathing room.

It is. I adore Rebecca Guay. Her work just feels right

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/dragonrider/
I really love this class, even if it's really strong.

They can look like people with cat ears all the way to full on Khajiit. With thundercats in the middle

>Pud

>finally finished writing up my app for JttW for my yokai kitsune girl

>It's the longest one on there and I could probably do with providing a shorter version.

Fuck. I'm gonna go to sleep and think on this one.

Don't forget to vote: strawpoll.me/13090610

How do you tell when you've gone too far min-maxing?

when you gestalt a Kineticist and a full caster w/ 3pp allowed

and your Kineticist side ends up with more spells and SLAs and at-will stuff than the full caster side

please no more balzarlablorsosa artwork

The hell are you on about?

the past couple weeks there have been about a hundred or so threads where the OP image was from that same artist as the OP image of this thread, and almost every single one of those threads was total shit

BlazBaros, yeah.

He draws THICC and it attracts the THICC fags

I wanna return to the unhealthy attraction towards the slender and meek.

Why not take the patrician route and appreciate women of all shapes, sizes, and personalities? Variety is the spice of life anyhow

I'll fulfill those two parameters with this character, user.

Okay...

well i found this image in a filename thread of yore. I remembered the joke and made this thread with that joke in mind.

Some of Blaz's art is decent. i've even used it a few times for NPCs.

Where do you get your NPC art?

I feel like this is a JttW app which is out of my available timeslots, but I will wish you the best and root for you during the app period.

F>H>J>B

Though A's combo appeal is growing on me.

It's not a JttW app. I'm waiting for a game to come along that the character will fit in.

Today is the last day before apps are picked for ironfang invasion AP. who do you think is gonna get in?

youtube.com/watch?v=L7p6fMw-5YE
So what are your guys thoughts on meeting a race of giant transforming robots in the Vast?

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure

I want to love H tenderly!

Ah man, A and J would be awesome workout buddies E would be my gamer buddie C would totally be my boss and B would be my wife but otherwise I would love them all tenderly except for K cause she probably likes it hard and fast.

>tfw want to get in on the ERP action in the /pfg/ games
>tfw can write up a hell of a personality and backstory
>tfw can't describe character appearances at all aside from their arms and armor
Why must I suffer so?

Maybe (for starfinder) they are a digital being who's still insecure about having a physical presence or an Android awoken from a Renewal and still discovering the world. The whole ERP aspect could evolve naturally through play with your fellows if you form a connection with them. That said, knowing it's another dude you're doing it with even if it's just your characters interacting could be off putting I guess but who knows! The fun is in the journey!

That said, what are some key aspects both prospective players and gms are to be held to if that's the right way of putting it. What is expected of the GM wanting to run a game and what is the general consensus on what is expected of the PCs? perhaps having a quick doc with this could go a long way to smooth the process out.

>Look at apps for the first time
>DHB applied with Goblin Slayer: Wizard version

Huh.

Join the club, user. I'd recommend just PMing them anyway. You gotta practice or you'll never get better.

What's your Discord?

Are there any spells or abilities that affect the target's romantic partner or true love or whatever?

I just want someone who cares about me, whatever shape they may be

There've got to be easier ways to get ERP than designing a character for a campaign that might take months to get to anything sexy.

Literally just PM them, m8.
Also,
>implying it takes months to get anything sexy
You're too pure, user.

I know user and believe it or not I say this without being ironic. In that regards you just have to go out and find them and not give up

>TFW will never be a part of a lewd party

Man, I don't even know why it's such an appealing idea. It's completely unrealistic.

P
M
THEM

God damn, user. It isn't hard, but it could be if you sent PMs to your crushes.

What is a character with 5 charisma but a +11 Diplomacy score like?

whenever I talk to someone about things that aren't work related I feel like I am encroaching on their time, and I am always getting a sense that they aren't interesting in what I am saying. I don't want to bother anyone, but it is very lonely.

Might be terribly unattractive, might have no emotion, drive, of personality at all. They're very good at finding the right words to say though, probably because they're an Inquisitor who carefully picks his words to influence his opposite, or they're educated enough in debate that they can make ridiculous thoughts sound rational.

Whatever you want because charisma is a garbage stat that does nothing. If your diplomacy is good you can make people like you given enough time (a few minutes). Maybe you give bad first impressions though.

Functional Autism. You've learned to cope with your disability with a whole bunch of coaching or practice, as represented by the skill ranks, but you're a fucking cretin by default.

You won't know for certain unless you do talk to them, the trick is you have to expand your horizons and find different people to talk to. I guess if the people in your immediate circles make you feel like that you should look for others but never at the expense of yourself or allowing yourself to be used or abused.

When you're longer than Kawase you know it's too long.

So:

Point Blank Shot: +1 Atk/Dmg under 30ft.
Precise Shot: Removes -4 "shooting into Melee" penalty.
Deadly Aim: Scaling -Atk/+Dmg for ranged attacks.
Rapid Shot: -2 Atk, Extra Atk at highest BAB.
Imp.Point Blank Shot: Ignore most cover bonuses.
Multishot: Double Damage on first Atk Roll per turn.
Snapshot (line): Gain a threat range up to 10ft.
Point Blank Mastery: No longer incur Attacks of Opportunity with Ranged in Melee.

Am I missing any good Archery feats?

>Kawase applied to JttW
>expecting some 10 page monstrousity
>it's actually kind of tiny
Fuck you m8 you made me open up the lfg for no reason

>check new apps in ensoulment
>SEagle applied.
>not a Thicc chick
>instead a hunk of a man
>Literal Guardian Angel.

This is why i love this man.

Is this Thicc for men?

Clustered Shots

Sell me on the golden chalice game, /pgg/

Why app?

Clustered Shot: Pool all attacks against DR
Overwatch Style chain: niche but has its use

Because FUCK GNOLLS.

"Best sandbox ever, gnolls not welcomed"-random user that is totally not the DM

That's good enough for me; I'll check it out once I get something posted for Ensoulment (Which will hopefully be soon)

Well, duh. The gnolls would just shit in the sandbox...

... or was that cats.

Cute Kobolds! Also, if you apply, there's less chance of a roll20 random getting in.

Delightful. I'll see what I can make this weekend.

Because there will be a goblin who is a professional football who earned his living by being kicked around.

How do I pic related in Pathfinder?

Bushi Sworn Protector Warder with the Torchbearer feat.

If 1PP only, Slayer with the Torchbearer feat.

It isn't that strong, unlike other pet classes that just get souble action economy, you sacrifice yours. On top of that dragonrider doesn't get many more class features than 'good saves and big health' and 'has dargon'.

How do you get over that seemingly insurmountable peak that is the first three sentences of an application?

Legit just do it, don't overthink it.

How long do planetouched live now that their lifespans got nerfed? The still has old lifespans

Just start writing. Even if it's hot garbage, the important thing is to start and get the ideas going. Things which sort of conceptually work in your head might not work on paper, and then you revise, new ideas come to mind, and something proper begins to take shape. It's pretty rare to have it all laid out perfectly in your head beforehand.

Same as parent race, aka human lifespan in the general case.

Whatever the GM feels like because the age "nerf" is retarded. The way I've seen it commonly done: age at the rate of the parent race to adulthood, then use the old chart to determine middle-to-max age.

This feels a bit more realistic than some Tiefling shmuck who's 67 and starting his first adventure at level 1.

Huh, when did they change that? It used to make fiendish creatures or tieflings with animal features

That can work for some long lived races, but it only really works well if it's a race that can grow up in near complete isolation from shorter lived societies (eg. elves that rarely interact with humans and where children would never get that option). If I ever have a long lived character that grows up in or around human settlements I go with what does, just because it makes the whole thing much less alien. Their parent culture might consider them still a child, but humans will treat them like full blown adults (and they usually behave somewhere in the middle)

What kind of bullshit can I get up to with a +14 Reflex save at level 4?

> have a character that looks eerily similar to B
> said character was not for a lude game and was played seriously

shitseeker and starshitter general

when the fuck are you "people" going to learn

Is there anything I can do to make improvised weapons worthwhile, or am I a fool for even trying?

Look at it this way, user.

Sometimes you take a feat for a build, sometimes you take a feat for fun. The Rough n' Ready feat (the one that removes the -4 penalty to improvised weapons) is a feat for fun. You won't go the distance with it, but you'll certainly punctuate bar-room brawls with laughs and snorts.

>3.5e
>Only core GM says

>cannot get a Marshal
>cannot get skills in Knowledge: War
>cannot play any sort of officer, or someone trained in tactics
>cannot even roleplay it
>intimidate is not even a fighter skill
>fighters don't even get more than 2 skill points or something

>he says the only thing it does is a bunch of hack-and-slash adventurers going places and slamming evil

Why do people still play this

To be fair, you don't need to be in a lewd game to play a woman with a voluptuous, slightly chubby figure (motherly figure?) Personally, I quite despise how it's assumed you need to be some tough twat with tits to get anywhere in a non-lewd game with two X chromosomes.

There aren't gnolls in the setting

>random user that is totally not the DM
And you are?

I don't know why people insist on Core Only 3.5 when 5e exists. At least when you use stuff like Psionics/ToB/Incarnum/etc you're filling niches and stuff 5e can't fill and they're actually fun too.

>There aren't gnolls in the setting
exactly

...???

>intimidate is not even a fighter skill
>d20srd.org/srd/classes/fighter.htm
>The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).
Which is still vomit inducing, but they do in fact get Intimidate.

>The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).
Oh... My eyes were tired, my bad.

It's not like they had the skill points to spare.

>My eyes were tired, my bad.

No no, you need to say it like you're a Bioware writer, "My face is tired."

I still don't know why people play 3.5e. It honestly sounds like shit.

Especially the skill system. Fuck I never loved PF's bloated bullshit this much right now.

When does Bestiary VII come out?

Yes its very exhausting. And she was a mom and also a professional chef but turns to adventuring for various reasons, chiefly her god telling her to go forth abd spread love joy and the pleasures of good food to the world.

My players will be all over that and will want to play as one.

How do you handle a giant robot little girl idol? How does she hold the concert if she's as big as the stadium?

make the stadium bigger

Is the paizo website not loading for anyone else, and if not how can I fix it? It's stuck on loading the websites whenever I try to load it.

And I could make that stadium another giant robot...

Feels like a fetish or something. I could understand a giant transforming robot carry a person inside if need be, but let so many walk around inside of you?

I want to make a duelist for Ensoulment, but Swordlord and associated classes suck terribly. How can I make a character that's good with the dueling sword for that game?

>How can I make a character that's good with the dueling sword for that game?

Scarlet Throne Warlord or Scarlet Throne Warder.

What's the closest approximation of a skill for someone that's passioned by music and musical knowledge, but is not a performer? Something like "Knowledge: Music"?

Reduce Person

Good news; Starfinder wants to do even more skill condensing, similar to the shift from 3.5 to Pathfinder, and so far every class previewed has gotten more skill points to spend than expected.