Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/index.html#!/rosterCreator
spikeybits.com/2017/05/dark-imperium-8th-starter-sprue-pictures-revealed.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old Thread

What are we thinking for Guard?
Stormtrooper C Squads and Lascanon HWs?
Little to no tanks, big Conscript blob?

Are Primaris Marines shit? I'm debating on splitting Dark Imperium with a friend, but I keep hearing that the Primaris are cost too many points and are poopy, as they all have the same loadout(by squad).

FUCK ULTRAMAR!

It only gives you FLY until the end of the turn you used Warp Jump Generator. If it starts in close combat, can it use Warp Jump Generator?

>Just seeing how much Darklight you can pour into a 1k DE list
I love being blatantly strong again

Moment of silence for the Forgeworld/ White Dwarf units that are OOP or never had models that will die with this transition

RIP Kill Krusha
RIP Kustom Stompa
RIP Battle Fortress
RIP Gunner Squigs
RIP Squig Hounds
RIP Feral Orks in general
RIP looted wagon
RIP Mekboy Junka
RIP Blasta Bommer

Lots of conscripts.

I'm going off the interpretation that falling back only cares if you have FLY when you do it.

They're not great. They might be pretty awesome with their extra attacks if they actually had any melee weapons. They're jump troops are a confusing mess, using mini heavy bolters but also having an ability to possibly deal a mortal wound when they charge? Weird.

Hopefully, they'll be better once they have an actual book and other units/transports/options. Right now they're just kinda bland.

Someone from last night's tyranid thread posted some maths on the different weapon options for melee tyrants.

Somehow came out with monstrous rending claws being on top for .5 extra wounds a turn.

Some one needs to redo math with the correct attacks. You get 2 bonus attacks if you have 2 sets of scything talons. Trygons get 3.

If you have 2 sets of talons, and distribute your attacks between them, you get 1 prehensile pincer, 2 attacks with the first set, and 2 attacks with the second set. Each has their ability that gains you a bonus attack when attacking with "this weapon". It will trigger twice as you are using both weapons.

Now someone with better math skills than me rework the numbers, but with the 6 scything talon attacks now.

Not great right now. But they're super incomplete.

So I had just finished up a kill team of kitbashed Inquisitorial Arbites for Shadow War: Armageddon when I saw that 8th was coming out. I want to do an Imperium army in the theme. I could do Crusaders and Acolytes, maybe mix in some Deathwatch styled Primaris Marines... I'm not exactly sure what I should be building for though. Any ideas?

But falling back = you move away from close combat. Warp Jump Generator lets you move 4D6. Can you then use WJG to fall back?

Yes, warp jump just alters how you move.

Anyone got good pictures of the various primaris sprues?

Might buy if theres a good amount of stuff that isnt already stuck together.

what do you guys think of the the plaguebearers ive been working on?

Rules lawyers will contend that MOVE is different from FALLING BACK, I guarantee it.

Why is it that Castraferrum dreads don't have a damage table but Contemptors do?

They'd be wrong, as falling back specifies that you move.

Or you FALL BACK (which in their eyes is an entirely separate action from MOVE since FALL BACK is a move that restricts you from advancing).

Slightly unrelated but, what are the rules about falling back, move away from base 1" and can't shoot or advance next turn, is that it?

The starter box is confirmed for snapfit right?

Yes, you move away with a Fall Back move.

> All grey hunters get free chainswords

This could not have been intentional

Yes.

Warp jump doesn't care if you MOVE just that you move.

End more than 1" away and can't advance or charge. Can't shoot unless you FLY.

Apparently. Thats why i want a closer look to see how much work it would take to swap out some parts.

8th will have two metas I think. One will be where the Guard excels, cheap infantry. The other it does well but not great at, elite vehicles and heavy infantry (think Iron Hands). I think Mech heavy lists will suffer due to going up against armies with too many (now buffed) models for them to deal with or foes that field vehicles that are more resilient (and don't just blow up) and destructive then the Leman Russ.

So you can make a full move backward, so others can shoot at the assaulting unit?

yes

Correct. It's a response to melee being able to tie up multiple units in CC easily.

gross

YOU DARE TO STEAL THE ARMAMENTS OF THE EMPEROR'S BANANAS?!

Do Flickerjump and Conceal stack?

Hey lads.
Has there been any news on the Legion of the Damned for 8th?
If so, what'd they get?

>Two 30 man blobs of boyz running up the battlefields
Its all I ever wanted from Orks

Its a shame half of wargear is so retardedly priced.

that's what i like to hear

First link in OP

3+ invuln, deep strike and ignoring cover

yes, but remember that if you don't kill them then they'll get another move + 2d6 charge attempt and surely kill what wasn't killed the first time.

It's unfortunate that GW seems to want vehicles to be something that's supposed to be super powerful but brought in small numbers but made Russ' so mediocre in actually doing damage. Sponsons seem pretty much mandatory now instead of just being a nice bit of extra firepower.

R8 my just-for-lulz Tyranid list.

Also included is a unit of 20 Genestealers with Adrenal Glands. But the website doesn't have their points values correct. They come in at 260 points, for a grand army total of 1997 points.

Would this work ok?

Theres no extra benefit for having 3 talon sets as far as I can tell.

1 Pincer attack, base attacks, then extra attack granted by 2 sets or more of talons

Do grav tanks get anything for being formerly Fast Skimmers?

>Soul Grinder Warpclaw
>make 2 attacks instead of 1 for every attack
Does this actually mean Soul Grinders get double the attacks if they use this?

That's a lotta Carnifexes you got there buddy.

Hows the swarm doing in 8th?

What are some good ways to build it?

>Some one needs to redo math with the correct attacks. You get 2 bonus attacks if you have 2 sets of scything talons. Trygons get 3.
>If you have 2 sets of talons, and distribute your attacks between them, you get 1 prehensile pincer, 2 attacks with the first set, and 2 attacks with the second set. Each has their ability that gains you a bonus attack when attacking with "this weapon". It will trigger twice as you are using both weapons.
>Now someone with better math skills than me rework the numbers, but with the 6 scything talon attacks now.
That's not how it works.

40k starter sets are always snap fit

Which app is this?

Literally and unironiccly the strongest army in the game now.

Gaunts alone are absurd vehicle bullies now

As far as I'm aware they do.

>>>>webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/index.html#!/rosterCreator

It used to be in the thread header. Probably should remind people it exists.

I really like the thousand sons, thinking of getting something like 10+10 rubric marines, some scarab terminators and tzaangors.

What's good for heavy support/anti vehicle?

What did you use to make this? looks nice.

Termagants or Hormagants?

Land Raider. Plenty of AT and you can drop your termies into the enemies line instead of walking them there.

It's incomplete for most armies though.

Yea just saw the other post. They don't have Ad Mech, oh well.

Quad Las Chaos Predators are a good choice.

For now at least. I'm sure it'll be up and running after the game actually launches.

i only have the IG start collecting box, with a scion start collecting on the way

anything looking good for 8e, so i dont end up buying deadweight

>Kill Krusha

Wait a minute isn't that still in production?

>Checks FW webpage

Well now I don't feel guilty ordering that Chinaforge one

Conscripts.

New player here, I bought a bunch of CSM last year as my first army but never started working on them til now (8th is a big motivation for me to get started). Anything shockingly bad about this list I'm planning? I get the feeling I might be running a little low on infantry.

CSM Battalion 2k

+++ HQ +++

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor (Warlord)
>Combi-bolter, Chainfist

Sorcerer in Terminator Armor
>Warptime, Prescience, Combi-bolter, Force axe

+++ Elites +++

5 Chaos Terminators
>Combi-melta x5, Chainfist, Power fist x4

+++ Troops +++

5 Chaos Space Marines
>Plasma pistol, Power fist, Bolter x3, Missile Launcher

5 Chaos Space Marines

5 Chaos Space Marines

5 Chaos Space Marines

+++ Dedicated transports +++

Chaos Rhino
>Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher

Chaos Rhino
>Combi-bolter, Havoc launcher

+++ Heavy support +++

Chaos Predator
>Twin lascannon, Heavy bolter x2

Chaos Predator
>Twin lascannon, Heavy bolter x2

Chaos Land Raider
>Twin lascannon x2, Twin heavy bolter

Termagants of course. They are dirt cheap and shit out shots that wound vehicles on a 5.

Either aren't too bad, with re rolls of 1, they can take toxin sacs that allow them to do 2 damage on the roll of a 6

well managed to find em myself

spikeybits.com/2017/05/dark-imperium-8th-starter-sprue-pictures-revealed.html

Looks like too much work, even the shoulders are stuck on.
Guess ill wait for the separate boxes for my conversions, which is a shame cause they wont be discounted.

Looks good.

I made a list, with the way blasts work now I thought it would be fun to make an Ork Napoleonic list. I'm gonna get rectangle movement trays and everything

BRIGADE DETACHMENT +9 command points
HQ
3 individual Big Mek with Kustom Forcefield - 225

ELITES
3 units of 1 Nob with WAAGH banner - 225

TROOPS
6 units of 20 boyz with shootas, Bossnob with Big Choppa - 774

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 units of 3 kannons with 6 grot crew each - 108

FAST ATTACK
3 units of 1 deffkopta - 165

1.497 points

30 shots
15 hit
5 wound
a 4+ save drops that down to 2.5 wounds

Its not massive but theyre still able to knock a couple wounds off most tanks a turn

Thanks. Just double checking before I accidentally build anything retarded.

Toughness 7 vehicles, and it still takes almost 500 points worth of them to kill a rhino.

That's only in close combat and it gets prohibitively expensive on large swarms.

First 8th ed game (test) coming up Sunday.

My List:

Total: 1650

- Battalion Detachment -

-- HQ --

Typhus - 164 points

Nurgle Daemon Prince - 180 points
> Wings, 2x Talons

-- Troops ---

10x Poxwalkers - 60 points

7x Plague Marines - 193 points
> 2x Plasma gun, Power Fist
+ Rhino - 72

7x Plague Marines - 193 points
> 2x Plasma gun, Power Fist
+ Rhino - 72

7x Plague Marines - 201 points
> 2x Melta gun, Power Fist
+ Rhino - 72

-- FA --

5x Spawn - 165 points

Foetid Bloat-Drone - 158 points

His List

Total: 1645 / 1650

- Battalion Detachment -

-- HQ --

Lord Draigo - 240 points

Lib in Termi Armor - 142 points
> Storm Bolter, Nemesis Warding Stave

-- Elite --

Dreadnought - 153 points
> 2x Twinlinked Autocannon

-- Troops --

5x Terminators - 250 points
> Incinerator, Storm bolter, Nemesis Force Swords

-- Heavy Support --

Dreadknight - 180 points
> Teleporter, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Fist

Dreadknight - 180 points
> Teleporter, Nemesis Daemon Greathammer, Fist

I think Warbikers would fit the Napoleonic theme more than Koptas.

>3 units of 1 deffkopta - 165
Points are way off there user. That would be 249 points for 3. You have to pay for Kopta rokkits (switch them to big shootas since they are way overpriced) to drop them to 183 points.

Nob points are also wrong.

They're only wounding on 5s against anything less than T6. So really light vehicles.

I thought the same desu but the koptas can outflank/scout and will be a bit more reliable as a vehicle/character hunter

Fleshborers are S4.
So they wound everything up to toughness 7 on a 5 or better.

Fleshborers and Devourers are Strength 4

Since The Red Terror can eat anything now, I have successfully devoured both a Land Raider and a Chimera. Something bigger will hopefully be next.

Are Cypher's rules in Imperium 1?

>They're only wounding on 5s against anything less than T6
Nigger what?

They wound on 5's for anything not T8

they don't include them in the price of the model? fuck. I guess I'll wait for battlescribe or someshit, this is an irritating as fuck way to build lists

IDK if he's in Imperium 1 as well but he's in Chaos.

>tfw you bought pluck foam that is way too big

I'd be better off using the foam I plucked and making my own trays, which I'm going to do once I get a hot glue gun.

Chaos.

>Implying Cypher is Chaos

Oh GW-chan, never change...

Literally no model has the points of its equipment on it other than special characters.

I find it easier. Add up the base points of your units, then add up the cost of the equipped wargear. Way better than calculating the cost of a power fist separately for the champ and the regular CSM termies for example.

What. He sure as fuck can not eat anything now, I just checked the rule. You need to roll equal or higher than their wounds characteristic on a D6 (note: that's the characteristic, not the current remaining Wounds). He can't eat anything with more than 6 Wounds and if it even has 6 it's not worth wasting 4 scything talon attacks to have a 1/6th chance to do anything.

Yeah it's a fucking bizarre choice. Nob with Banner works out to 79 points.

I thought they were S3 for some reason. Either way they're still not realistically threatening most vehicles to the point that it's hardly even worth mentioning that they can.

Which is counter intuitive as fuck. Just make everything separated, retard GW

Theyre pretty much bolters in terms of damage, except theyre just over 3 times cheaper