Hour of Devastation spoilers

Can we continue to talk about how awful Samut is?

Nicky B is just Nicky B. Not much else to say.

>Bontu the Feelified

I gotta say, I really like the art on this one. The mummies swarming up from the bottom and the couple flying really sell it.

The first one was already shit, but this one is even worse.
Also Jesus Christ that fucking art. Stop giving Briclot work for fuck sake.

Same, that's pretty cool.

>another RG walker

Did we really need another?

We really didn't, let alone one who's both pretty garbage, and apparently designed top down in a way that was completely ineffective.

Would having Nico just for one turn in EDH be worth it for the +1?

>"NOTICE ME BOLAS-SENPAI! NOTICE ME!"

>7 mana
>opponent gets to pick which cards are exiled
>2-6 cards
Kind of, sort of, but the +2 is much better.

But she's black user!
Black!
Women of color, tee-hee!

He's 7 cmc! For the first time!

Yeah, this is just a fail all around. The +1 can't protect herself, the -2 does not do anywhere near enough, and the only times you'll ever ult her is when you've got Doubling Season on the battlefield, and they'll never reprint Doubling Season.

And that's before bringing the terrible art into consideration.

WAAH, BOLAS SENPAI, TELL ME I'M YOUR NUMBER ONE

Bontu in a Japanese school girl outfit when?

I wonder what % of MtG players worldwide are black girls.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were less than 1%.

>+2: Cast a free Renegade Map from your opponent's deck
>+1: Each opponent exiles zero cards from their empty hand
>-4: Nicol Bolas fails to kill that indestructible/hexproof creature
>-12: Win the game turn 11... maybe

>Playing Standard

I kinda want to play Samut in a Planeswalker commander deck though, I'll be honest. I don't care if it's bad.

>turn 11

What is Aetherworks Marvel for $500?

Great, so the Black-mana character looks like he's going to be the evil one. Great job Wizards. Hey, tell me again about how Black-mana doesn't automatically make people evil.

That said, I do like the flavor of the card. "Fuck this, you all die!" really fits Black.

But why?

The flavor of that card screams "extreme selfishness" more so than "evil", which is appropriate for Black. Black-aligned characters are just less inclined to care whether or not people die in their own selfish pursuits.

It's not so much that black mana is evil, so much as all mana is evil.
Which is to say, there's no good color. But black is selfishness and power seeking, which while not intrinsically evil in and of itself (ambition is a trait that leads individuals to greatness), does lead to many evil ends.

Rather than black being not-evil, however, they really stress that white is not-good. No color is good. All of them can and do bring destruction, depletion, and oppression within their domain.

Ooga McBooga nigga!

Naya Gideon tribal feat. Samut

Judging by the flavor text, it looks like Bontu is going to side with Bolas against everyone else. There's probably going to be some stupid god civil-war where slowly everyone turns on Bolas except Bontu. I could be wrong though.

It's fine that they show the negative aspects of White, but they pretty much never show any actual positive aspects to Black. I guess the Aetherborn, sorta, for being anti-nihilists, are the last thing I can think of. What do we have other than that? Toshiro and Sorin? Oh wait, Sorin's WB now.

>There's probably going to be some stupid god civil-war where slowly everyone turns on Bolas except Bontu.
AND THEN SAMUT COMES IN AND SHES ALL
WAAAAAYYAAAHHHHH KICKS NICOLE BOLUS IN THE HEAD for being RACIST!
heh finally WoTC catches up with the rest of the world.

Yahenni was actually the best written Kaladesh/Aether Revolt character, even with the being in Lesbians with Nissa thing.

See, the flavor text says that, but on the other hand the art is her getting swarmed by hundreds of zombies, which she and the other gods control.

I figure it might be Bolas getting what he needs out of the plane and deciding to wipe the place, ala his ult, and that art is Bontu's glorious final "WHY WON'T YOU NOTICE ME" as she dies.

>even with the being in Lesbians with Nissa thing
I fucking hate this gay world.

Oh god, the showdown with Bolas is probably going to be beyond underwhelming. They'll curbstomp Bolas and he'll run away like a bitch. Oh, I can see it now. It's just going to read
>Then the Gatewatch beat up Bolas and he ran away! They sure showed that meanie who's boss!"
And then he'll make an anti Gatewatch group to fight them. And then it'll be Jacetice League versus Injacetice League. Can't fucking wait.

>Can we continue to talk about how awful Magic has been for the last decade+?

Fixed

I mean, is it really lesbians when one of them is a functionally asexual magic rock vampire?

I'm fine with wizards bringing in more ethnic groups into magic, I just wish they would have a little more tact and creativity about it. Koth was an interesting character...dreadsylocks and ghost face killer are just kind of lame.

i guess not
i try to stay as far way from the story as I can I just see kangz bait and lesbos and really lose faith in wizards even further.
this kind of pushing isnt going to kill the game because at the end of the day it is still just a game but you think they would try to make the game for the fans, not for the squeakiest wheels.

>I figure it might be Bolas getting what he needs out of the plane and deciding to wipe the place, ala his ult, and that art is Bontu's glorious final "WHY WON'T YOU NOTICE ME" as she dies.
Looks like that indeed.

Scars and Innistrad 1.0 were fine.
Inn-Inn-Inn was one of the best draft formats they've ever done.

She got fingers. That's more than enough to lesbian' someone.
There is at least one lesbian couple per bloc now. It wouldn't be a problem if it was dropped with at least a bit of subtility.

Asexual isn't the same as not having a biological sex. Asexual by itself just means have little to no sex drive.

I mean, the term is taken from Asexual Reproduction, which also only barely fits what Aetherborn do. The point stands though.

asexual means that an organism is capable self-replicating...stop fucking up science and trying to change the definition of established concepts.

Her worst crime is definetly being a top-down design that fails at being evocative. Did anytone look at her original card, or this one for that matter, and think "oh yeah, that's clearly a speedster."

>It wouldn't be a problem if it was dropped with at least a bit of subtility.
it would still feel like they were pushing an agenda and I'm really not comfortable with it.
I mean what am I going to do about it? probably nothing. maybe just proxie cards if it gets any worse.

she's black. There is only one good black walker, and that is Teferi. She is Kaya-tier

Yes, asexual reproduction exists. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the organism doing it has no biological sex, as seen with heterogamy, where organisms can alternate between sexual and asexual reproduction.

Wait, something coined by the left mimics yet completely butchers science? It can't be.

>There is only one good black walker
why does there NEED to be any?
this whole character feels rushed I wouldn't be surprised if ti was tacked on way later

From Amonkesh people point of view, Hour of devastation would be like having Jesus second coming only to see Jesus throwing everyone indiscriminately into hell while looking at us with disgust and utter contempt.
And Bontu is going "But I did everything as you commanded? What fault did I commit?"
That is quite sad.

Prescriptivist, go and stay go. Your understanding of languages consists of nothing but misconceptions and it's cringey as fuck to have to read your ramblings.

How does this butcher science?

Because Teferi was fucking based and he'd be based no matter the skin color because him being a nigger was never important. Agenda pushing doesn't make good characters. Reminds me of the 90s era stuff where things needed to cover every fucking demographic possible so every show would have a token wheel-chair guy.

>Asexual by itself just means have little to no sex drive.
people who identify as "asexual" just means they dont want to fuck YOU in particular.
they are also fucking retarded as pointed out by the other anons
>ramblings
>literally shorter than your complaint about him rambling
wew

So I've been a bit behind, last I checked the Gatewatch were fucking up some sacred trials, and now mah boy Bolas is back.
Has he turned them into puddles yet?

>Samut the tested
Tested for what? HIV?

>fine
>the most hideous and blatant powercreep since the original Mirrodin, obsoleting half the entirety of MTG history

>people who identify as "asexual" just means they dont want to fuck YOU in particular.
So people who don't identify as "asexual" want to fuck everyone they speak to? Got it. That sounds reasonable.

You make it sound like most people don't like powercreep. People tend to like high power levels. You can see this partially with how they thrash all the lower power sets that follow.

this
but I have to say Teferi's aesthetics were really cool and part of the reason I think that is probably because im black.
>Got it
>*humphing intensifies*
calm your tits tumblrina, you and I both know people use that shit to get attention and as an excuse not to fuck someone they are dating.
and its never virgins who claim to be asexual mind you.

People don't want to fuck you, user, because you're retarded.

>People tend to like high power levels
Maybe some underate timmy idiot might like powercreep. Most people like balanced power levels where even commons are regularly usable. Not kike sets with "6 mana win the game" mythics and rares and the rest of the block is fucking trash.

Well, she is a nigger...

>be speedy
>really high cmc
They would have made her more of a speedster by just making her 3 mana than anything else they could've done

well thats pretty mean of you.

>calm your tits tumblrina, you and I both know people use that shit to get attention and as an excuse not to fuck someone they are dating.
So, because some people use it for attention, mean that it's not legitimate at all. By this logic, because some people fake illnesses or play up their illnesses for sympathy, illnesses actually don't exist.

>and its never virgins who claim to be asexual mind you.
Really? Have you spoken to ever asexual in existence to confirm this? Spoilers: You're dead wrong.

This is really starting to sound like you're salty for getting turned down or something.

Well, I'm curious. Say you have to design a speedster legendary. How would you do it exactly? Double strike and haste? Bounce to hand at the end step maybe?

no by that logic they made up a disease and claim they have it.
at worst they have a hormone imbalance. but more than likely they are just cucking you behind your back.
This kind of shit happens all the damn time.

>This kind of shit happens all the damn time to me.
FTFY. And if you're as unpleasant you are in real life as you are online, I can definitely see why nobody wants to fuck you.

Personally I would go with haste and first strike, then give them some kind of escalating effect based loosely on momentum. Either that or just go full Un-Set and give them non-keyworded Super Haste by basically making them a Pact.

Well, she was RGW? A 3/4 haste/first strike for 1RGW with "return target creature you control in your hand: the next creature spell you cast gain haste until the end of turn" could be fun to build around.

>Personally I would go with haste and first strike, then give them some kind of escalating effect based loosely on momentum.
Shit, I actually made a custom card like that, but it's 5 mana. In my defense, it's a power bonus that doubles every time it attacks.

>hurr durr you have no right to complain about bad things that happened to you because complaining about bad things happening to you proves they happened to you for a reason
the fuck outa here bitch

1RG
Haste
space for speed related things
2/2

There, you got a base for something that's not a terrible Akroma-like abomination where all you do is throw keywords on the damned card.

Oh god, this is glorious. I didn't say that at all. A better analogy is that I see bad things happen to you, then laugh because you seem to bring them on yourself.

user, it did happen to you for a reason. You're an unpleasent and stupid person.

Why did she have W in her cost anyway? It's even weirder now that her PW doesn't have W.

As for the ability, I don't think I'm totally sold on bouncing a creature you control.

There's nothing about green that says "speedster" though, that's just shit colorpie appropriation.

1WR
Vigilance, Haste
W/R, sacrifice an artifact: Samut deals damage equal to the sacrificed artifact's CMC to target creature or player.
2/2

?

>There's nothing about green that says "speedster" though, that's just shit colorpie appropriation.
...Flash?

And we've already seen that ability on Bosh. Which actually means the ability should probably cost a lot more, or at least tap.

There was meant to be a tap in the ability (to synergize with vigilance), I just forgot to include it in. What about a set damage value? 1W/R, sacrifice an artifact, T: bolt somebody?

>You're an unpleasent and stupid person.
t.roastie
shit leave that guy alone hes clearly seen some shit

>it looks like Bontu is going to side with Bolas against everyone else
I'd imagine all the gods are going to side with Bolas, considering he brainwashed them for specifically that purpose.

Tapping and saccing? I think you could possibly get away with 3 damage at 1R or something. Oh, and I forgot to ask before, but why are you giving her an artifact-Fling ability? Oh wait, it's probably something in the story I haven't read, isn't it?

I imagine they're going to start breaking free in the next set. I bet anything at least one of them will turn on Bolas.

I would say nice try, but really, you're just proving my point now.

1RG
Haste
2/2
Whenever deals combat damage, she gains that many 'Speedo' counters. Whenever takes combat damage, she loses that many 'Speedo' counters.
Gains +1/0 for each 'Speedo' counter on her

1RG
+1 Target creature gains +1/+1 until the beginning of your next turn. Until the beginning of your next turn, cannot be attacked by flying creatures.
0 Target creature gains haste until the end of your turn. When it deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
-x I'm terrible at thinking of ultis

It's real simple guys. The policy of creating shitty Mythic Rares has simply expanded to include Planeswalkers.

The ones included in the planeswalker decks are what kill me. Does anyone look at those thing as anything other than the planeswalkers too shitty to be in the actual set?

I don't read the story, but she's supposed to be an anarchist type, so I figured that using random objects as improvised throwing weapons was fitting to that concept and benefitting the "fast win at the cost of card disadvantage" speedy burn strategy. It isn't that costly when you compare it with Jaya Ballard. You could make it cost just W/R if you want to push it more.

I saw that as a way to save creatures you control, reuse them for their entry effect or recycle cheap creatures that would be useless in late game.

>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put that many velocity counters on it.
>Whenever ~ is dealt damage, remove that many velocity counters from it.
>~ gets +1/+0 for each velocity counter on it.
Not bad. I'll be sure to steal it for the next /ccg/.

But seriously, why does her creature card have W in it?

>Until the beginning of your next turn, cannot be attacked by flying creatures.
I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to use Green's not!Flying from Orchard Spirit?

And yeah, PW's are a nightmare to develop. Wizards at least has my sympathy there.

Eh, makes sense.

Still think they nailed it with Vraska personally, but that's just me.

Worse still, the Planeswalker decks are downgraded from the previous Planeswalker Duel Decks.

give it Super Haste

>And yeah, PW's are a nightmare to develop. Wizards at least has my sympathy there.
that's because planeswalker cards should never have been a thing. they don't deserve any sympathy for having trouble designing their cash grabs.

>But seriously, why does her creature card have W in it?
Because of EDH.

PWs should've had summoning sickness.

I don't want shit built for EDH, I want shit I can repurpose for EDH, don't pre-chew my food for me goddamit, I'm not a baby or geriatric with no teeth.

> WE WUZ GRAYN AN REID

>But seriously, why does her creature card have W in it?
EDH

>I don't even know what this means. Are you trying to use Green's not!Flying from Orchard Spirit?
I wanted some kind of evasion and hating flyers is part of green, it felt greener than only being able to be attacked by flyers (which makes more sense, outrunning everything else)