40k Global Campaign

warhammer-community.com/2017/06/02/let-your-soul-be-armoured-with-faith/
As detailed, GW is going to be running a new campaign with player-registered victories in July. And since as this is the first showing off of the Primaris marines, and is taking place in Rowboat's back yard, I propose we trash the place.

By working together to register as many wins for non-marine forces against marines as possible, we can push back against the Ward-tier fluff that has been consuming the Ultramarines lately. And by push back, I mean slaughter and burn.

Anyone who knows about how the old Eye of Terror campaign went, knows well that they are impossible to control once they get going. And concerted effort from outside can easily derail them, and create completely baffling endings.

Let's burn the place to the ground!

>Let's burn the place to the ground!

Can't fool me Horus

Fate of Konor is the new 2017 global campaign. After the events of Gathering Storm, the opening of the Cicatrix Maledictum, the Ultima Founding and the Indomitus Crusade, the Plague Wars have started in the Realm of Ultramar.

This is the description of Fate of Konor sent to retailers:
The worshippers of Chaos seek to smash a path through the Imperial battle line to Macragge, home world of the Ultramarines. Should they succeed, the greatest Imperial stronghold in the sector will be gravely threatened, and Guilliman’s forces will be cut off and surrounded.

To achieve this end, the forces of Chaos must conquer the powerful, well-located Konor System. The Konor System embodies the glorious dream of Ultramar. Crucially, it also guards one of the few stable warp transit routes to the Macragge System. If the Chaos advance is not halted, Konor will soon fall, and a path to the heartland of Ultramar will be laid bare.

WHAT IS THE FATE OF KONOR CAMPAIGN?

Through July, August and September all of our customers will fight to decide the fate of the Konor System to see if it falls into the hands of Chaos. All armies can get involved and the final results will be written into Warhammer 40,000 lore! Customers will fight for six planets over six weeks. Each planet will have a specific story, mission, weekly special rules and gaming theme, and will be affected by the results of the previous planet(s). Customers will be able to post results by logging ‘games won’ or newly painted datasheets in your store.

There are 3 stages to the campaign:
Promotion – between 17th June and the 1st July.
Army Muster – between 1st July and 27th July
Campaign – between 27th July and the 10th September

PROMOTION, MUSTER AND CAMPAIGN

From the launch of all of our new Warhammer 40,000 products we will be promoting the fact that we are running a Global Online Campaign from the 27th July.

Promotion: Talk to all of your customers about the upcoming campaign both in your store and on your storeFacebook page – get them excited.

Muster: This is the time for customers to choose which faction they will fight with and to build and paint their forces ready for the battles ahead. Additionally each week of the campaign will have a ‘theme’ with a selection of products that will count for double points during the campaign (see below) and the muster gives them an opportunity to buy, build and paint these units in advance!

Campaign: Customers can post results in your store by playing and winning games or by painting a new datasheet's worth of troops. They can post a win for Chaos, a win for the Imperium or in the case of all other forces remove a win from either the Imperium or Chaos!

WEEKLY THEMES

On each of the six planets some units feature more prominently than others.

Customers will get double points in the campaign for using a force that contains one or more of these units OR paints a datasheet that contains this unit type. We are going to let our customers know these themes right from the beginning:

Week 1: Space Marines and Start Collecting! sets

Week 2: Elites

Week 3: Tanks

Week 4: Psykers

Week 5: Fast Attack/Flyers

Week 6: Lords of War/Scenery

A STUNNING CAMPAIGN WEBSITE
We learnt a lot from our Season of War Online Campaign… The interactive website for The Fate of Konor is going to be amazing and will let your customers know the impact of their battles in your store and how the campaign is going globally. It will include downloads, countdowns, videos and much, much more…

CAMPAIGN PACK

We have put together a cool campaign pack to help you have a fantastic time in your store over the period of the campaign. It will include:

Astaramis Mission/Stratagem envelope: Astaramis is the first planet to be fought over in the campaign and has a Unique Mission and weekly special rules – open this envelope on the 27th July and use it for your gaming activities in week one.

Please note: each week's new Missions and weekly special rules will be emailed to you and will also be available on the campaign website.

Army Roster Sheets: This is a pad of 50 roster sheets. Give them to customers so they can write out an army list and record their Command Points etc. – feel free to
photocopy them if you need more!

Window Poster: Put this up in your store window to show customers that you are running Fate of Konor activities.

Campaign Map and Map Stickers: This massive campaign map will show off all the planets in the Konor System and will look great in your store. Use the campaign map stickers to show which force controls each planet at the end of each week of the campaign.

>only Imperium or Chaos can possibly win
Fuck this shit. I want surprise wins from a xenos faction.

>They can post a win for Chaos, a win for the Imperium or in the case of all other forces remove a win from either the Imperium or Chaos!
>or in the case of all other forces remove a win from Chaos!

time to humiliate chaosfags again!

When Orcs won the end times they just got an honorable mention while they went back to focusing on chaos and the empire didn't they?

>Crucially, it also guards one of the few stable warp transit routes to the Macragge System
Can't even keep fluff straight for two days. this is the map of the nearest planets to Macragge posted in the "Warzone: Ultramar" community update. Konor is clearly two jumps away, not one.

At least it's not 'Chaos got its ass handed to it but wins repeatedly anyways because muh chaos' that was Storm of Chaos

Regardless of the result it's not like they're going to destroy Ultramar. What's the point?

What happens if so many people roll xenos that both imperium and chaos end up with zero wins by the end?

I wonder if the Sons of Malice will be able to take wins away from Chaos. If so, I know what I'm spamming.

They play one more game of Imperium vs Chaos in-house and have the Imperium throw the game so that Chaos just barely wins

Chaos wins lol. Or more optimistically, they will at least use the xenos race that had the most wins as having a major presence in Ultramar and causing a stalemate/taking over the system.

Necrons and Tau working together annex Ultramar, and re-enact the Great Warding?

In the actual case, GW gets embarrassed and we hopefully slow the tide of primaris bollocks.

>Dark Eldar take over the Ultramar system
>To celebrate next DE unit are super wracks made out of Ultramarine geneseed

Fund it

noob here, what is this chapter approved book thing?

Nope. Konor is named after Guilliman's dad and he was a cool guy. It's an AdMech place and they're cool guys.
I won't let Chaos shitters have it.

Right. My Admech are going to be fighting for Chaos this time, screw the letter of the rules. Fuck you Guilliman, I want my fluff back.

Where does it say it's an Admech place? Can't see anything about that.

You're going to use your AdMech to trash AdMech worlds? Because you want your AdMech fluff intact?

It's fluff that dates back to Codex Ultramarines.
Given the red planet with blue LEDs on it I doubt they've changed it.

>Fate of Konor
Oh wow user was right.
Random new-world #194 is in crisis! this super important campaign will decide the fate of a whole .2% of ultramar! The horror!

Rolled 2 (1d2)

Seeing as it is a Mech planet apparently, I'm now a tad conflicted. On one hand, fucking Guilliman can sod off and stop taking all the toys that should be ours by right. Also the UM player at our store is a total prick and the DG player is based.

On the other hand, I don't want to beat up fellow tech-bros.

1. Imps
2. Chaos

>Random new-world

It's not new.

>this super important campaign will decide the fate of a whole .2% of ultramar! The horror!

Large scale campaigns are shitty though. They fuck the setting too much. Fighting over a system is perfect.

>stop taking all the toys that should be ours by right.

What's that? Everything? As I think if only the Mechanicus got things made by the Mechanicus, no one else would have machines.

It's like complaining about not having Exorcists or Land Raiders in your mechanicus army.

>they fuck the setting too much
UItramar has 500 worlds. Losing 60 of them would be significant but wouldn't completely fuck the setting.

That's just an arbitrary number.
Why is a system too little to have fun with?

There are probably more Ultramarine players than all the xenos races combined. Even if you want to troll the system you are outnumbered 500 to 1 and they have measures to make sure you can't fuck around anyway.

It's the Mechanicus. If there is a shiny thing, we want it and nobody else is allowed to have it. This is how things work here. ;)
Heresy mech and soon us too actually have better Land Raiders, with Torrent Fleshbane AP3 flamers and grav-weapons.

But I'm mad they took Galvanic Rifles and gimped them so as not to overshadow the fancy fancy nuMarines, and that all the work of Mars has resulted in no nice toys whatsoever for us. Killing Primaris Marines will be nicely cathartic if I can work out how to beat that dickhead UM player who spams psykers, GravCents and runs Gman every game.

>chaos get BTFO
>GW pulls a Storm of Chaos and makes it non-canon

GW is going to protect their precious chaos warriors and there's nothing you can do about it

>and that all the work of Mars has resulted in no nice toys whatsoever for us.

Orangers are not nice toys? Neutron Lasers are great.

Unlike AoS, there isn't a zillion order factions.

A'ight boyz listen up! We're the BIGGEST and MEANEST of them all and we're gunna KRUMP 'em humies nice and propa! Gather your biggest and greenest boyz and win this one for the Orks. We'll krump em all at once!
The system is ours! The galaxy's ours! The edition' s ours!
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Oh please.
GW didn't retcon SoC for Chaos' sake.
They did it to create a new setting where Chaos gets it shit pushed in by Storm Marines.

Actually, it seems to be based on the Land Raider Chassis.

The Emperor gave an order that only marines can use that Chassis. There is good reasons that the Mechanicus can't field it.

>all the work of Mars has resulted in no nice toys whatsoever for us.

I wouldn't be so sure. The AdMech is going to be getting new releases eventually.

>arbitrary number
Its above 5% so it would be statistically significant, yet not so large as to feel obscene
>Why is a system too little to have fun with
because it is completely insignificant in the scale of 40k. Tens of thousands of worlds make up the imperium and this one tiny fraction of a region of a segmentum is important. It would be nice to have a campaign with larger significance.
But At least the LGS will get busier for a bit :D

Yeah but from what we've seen so far Chaos is gonna have a rough time of it against everyone else unless everyone decides to play Death Guard again.

Grand Alliance: Xenos victory is the only acceptable outcome.

Not really. Going by 40K global history, it's a 60/40, chance between the Imperium and Chaos in favor of Kyos.

Chaos stomped hard in the EoT while the Imperium iked out a victory in Fall of Medusa.

>Its above 5%

So what? It's meaningless. It's massive bloat.

>because it is completely insignificant in the scale of 40k. Tens of thousands of worlds make up the imperium and this one tiny fraction of a region of a segmentum is important.

Some worlds are more important that others. Armageddon was probably the best global campaign and it was fought for a single world.

>It would be nice to have a campaign with larger significance.

No it wouldn't. Because it just fucks with any logical progression of the wider fluff based on which army is more popular or powerful in game at the time.

>marines are the most played army
>recieve double points week one just for showing up
>xenos have no stake in the campaign
>Guilliman goes toe-to-toe with Magnus and Mortarion
>Guilliman arrives to save the Blood Angels at the last moment
>Warzone Ultramar: "we would beat them several times over if they desired to return"

bleh

>Chaos stomped hard in the EoT

It had a minor victory.

>the Imperium iked out a victory in Fall of Medusa.

I think the Imperial victory was quite sizeable in FoM, I don't think Chaos even came second, since the campaign ended with Ygethemor getting cut up by an Eldar autarch.

Chaos also had some of the best rules in the game for EoT.
Now? Not so much.

>Large scale campaigns are shitty though
This, "low" scale stakes are best and help to make the setting feel big. When the fates of the galaxy depend on a single plane, your galaxy is fucking small, but when even a fight in some random world involve titans and years long military campaign, your galaxy is huge.

>It had a minor victory.

Due to BFG. The WD that came after said that Chaos players dominated in nearly every single front.

There is no BFG on more, sonny boy,

>inb4 chaos wins, but sanguinius shows up to save guilliman and a mysterious hivefleet kills all the chaos and leaves their armor in a distinct random pile on some moon
it's like pottery

BFG results came in later.
Chaos did win, but it was only ever a minor victory.

>There is no BFG on more, sonny boy,

There's no invincible daemon princes or daemon bombs either.

>
By working together to register as many wins for non-marine forces against marines as possible, we can push back against the Ward-tier fluff that has been consuming the Ultramarines lately. And by push back, I mean slaughter and burn

Erm, am I the only person who thinks that this would have the opposite effect? Surely this "campaign" is really just a means of doing market research with regards to game balance, and if GW think the marines are taking it hard, they will just start pumping out stronger models/rules changes for them?

Chapter approved is where all the other shit outside of rulebooks goes in. Originally it used to be a part of White Dwarf where GW would give rules for units people were asking to be statted. Expect plenty of obscure factions getting filled in.

>urely this "campaign" is really just a means of doing market research with regards to game balance

Nope, it's to build community bonds, and also to get you to buy things.

>one of the

It's saying it's one a few pathways not that it's one jump away. As the map highlights there's 5 routes in and out of Macragge.

>tfw you live five minutes from warhammer world
>tfw you can go a play massive battles to decide the fates of worlds on the beautiful tables
>tfw your army is currently eight unpainted tactical marines

Do you ever stand outside to see if you can catch a glimpse of Duncan?

You have to walk through the GW office car park to get to the entrance, I'd hate to be thrown out for lingering. But yes, every time I go I do take a moment to see who is coming out of the office.

Well, buying things certainly ties in with what I said: If someone's favourite faction turn out to be uncompetitive in the new edition, they'll be running to stores to buy the latest upgrade/release, which has been designed on market research, possibly gained from the campaign data.

However, I cannot refute your point with regards to community bonds - perhaps I am just being too cynical in that respect. This is the new GW after all... :D

>Let's burn the place to the ground!
Fuck off Chaosfag! This is the age of the Imperium resurgent, and we're not going to lose one more inch of ground to you tentacled shits!

>EoT
>When not only did Chaos have the best codex ever invented
>it also got the lost and the damn to make Imperial guard literally worthless.

Ultramarines aren't in any danger, that's why it's on Konor, so that if Chaos wins, they can just be repelled from Ultramar in a one paragraph fluff blurb.

You xenos just have to have everything don't you? Why can't you let chaos shine for a change? Poor, poor chaos has been so neglected for so long, and now you're mad that GW is finally giving chaos a chance in the fluff >:^(

From what I gather, the Conditions of victory in this campaign is If Imperials win, they push Chaos back closer to the rift, if Chaos Wins they get a way to push deeper into Imperium Primiris.

This. Grey Knights even started out in Chapter Approved as a single unit of Terminators.

Precisely. Konor is a major route into the Ultramar system. Thus the player campaign is there, so that if chaos wins, they can be routed at Ultramar later without risking the Ultramarines to pesky player input in a campaign.

They wouldn't really enjoy wiping out actual player factions, Tomb Kangs and Brets showed them that.

This will strike a nice balance between events actually impacting fluff and Eye of Terror tier stupidity.

I wouldnt mind if they did campaigns in a similar format after this
>campaign is x vs x (eldar v 'crons, tau v orks etc)
>every other faction can choose to help one or the other
Probably easier than writing potential victory scenarios for each race.

>Your boyz from Octavia krump those chaos boyz trying to muscle in on your fightin' grounds

>best codex ever invented
Why?

Why?

>Thousands of options upon options
>Most of them extremely cheap
>At the time, you could make wound allocation make your army impossible to kill
>Iron Warriors could have Basilisks and exchange Elite and Fast attack slots for Heavy Support slots

>and Eye of Terror tier stupidity.
I see the Imperial snowflakes are still mad that they lost. You can't win every time faggot.

Well you can still have more than two factions if the circumstances justify it, the point is you don't HAVE to.

Yeah, the Chaos books being fucking broken had nothing to do with that while the Space marine and Imperial Guard books were some of the oldest and worst.

Sounds like it was only goof for IW vindicator cheese.

>IW Heavy support cheese
>Cultist spam
>Slaanesh super Daemon Princes
>Unkillable Nurgle armies
>Wizardspam

Hell, even slightly worse things like World Eater Legions were still the best melee army in the game.

How are Custodes looking in 8th edition rules-wise? Do they rape as much as they do in 30k?

Exactly. I always thought one of the reasons they stopped campaigns was because they kept thinking they needed all the factions in and just couldnt keep coming up with reasons why they were there. Now if they do it this way they can come up with compelling reasons for 2 or 3 factions and just say 'oh and small forces of the other guys were there too but they didnt have a reason to be there beyond what you come up with yourself'

>t-they were OP I swear!
Nice excuses sore loser. The codexes were fine, you just lost. Accept it and move on like every none imperial has been forced to do ever since, because thanks to your autistic screeching the Imperium would never be allowed to lose an open fight to chaos ever again.

And yet you still cry. This is incredible.

You have 4 units.
No HQs.

G8 B8 M8 10/10

>Chaosfag defends the 3E codex
>Y-You're just crying

Jokes on you motherfucker, I'm a World Eater's player.

The 3E dex was so broken it was hilarious. Not a single fucking Army could survive a charge from my Khornate fuckers, and they were the weakest Legion in the book.

>Hell, even slightly worse things like World Eater Legions were still the best melee army in the game.
So basically... You are butthurt because Chaos was actually good at what it wad supossed to in the fluff?

You can't make this shit up.

>The codexes were fine

Marines had a pamphlet codex and Chaos Marines had the most custmoisable codex of all time.
Not even Chaos players will usually defend the 3.5e codex as balanced.

>why_konor.jpg

Shit man, you're right.
I guess it's okay that Eldar and Tau could effortlessly sweep armies off the table last edition because that's what they could do in the fluff.

No. I am "Butthurt" We were the best, with literally zero contest at all.

Compare World Eaters to Space Wolves at the time.

>Get all of their special rules via the Veteran skill list for like 5-10 points a pop
>Have literally none of the downsides.

>im a WE player
I don't believe you, post your army faggot. Are you seriously bitching because World Eaters were good at their only specific role? Sure thing imperiumcuck.

>someones actually defending chaos 3ed

>At only their specific role

LOLNO. Because the Legion rules said "Needs to use X mark" and if I recall you could also take Unmarked.

So why did I ever take Khorne Berserkers over CSM with bolters, Bolt Pistol and CCW as standard, with MoK, And still take my Two metlaguns, All wrapped up in a nice little Rhino with more offense than the Imperial one, with none of the downsides because the points cost was hilariously slow.

Follow that with a "Daemon Prince" who could hide in a unit.

And that's if I wanted to be nice to the guy and played a WE list and not just a Khorne themed army, then I'd just use Unmarked CSM and destroy everything because they could be specialized AND were fairly fucking cheap.

>waaah waaaah why can't a loyalist mostly generalist legion not trash the melee obsessed psycho-implanted traitors who literally worship the god of rip and tear in melee waaaah waaah
I'm butthurt because we weren't just better CSM: The post.

Focus, the subject at hand is the Eye Of Terror campaign, which you are STILL butthurt about because SM lost, despite it having been retconned for over 10 years due to your autistic screeching.

>having a fluffy customizable codex is bad and broken
So I guess you would call the 7e SM dex an OP mess right? Because fluffy and customizable are exactly what it is, you fucking faggot.

anonymous is legion!

epic bro, let's troll GW!!

Are you fucking deluded?

The point I am making is I could run a WE army, literally smash apart anything in CC and STILL run as a generalist Army that could handle anything.

Khorne Berzerkerd didn't even exist as a unit back then. Stop making shit up.

Post your army, assblasted furfag player.

>Khorne Berzerkers didn't even exist as a unit back then Stop making shit up

Nigga, Khorne Berzerkers are like one of the oldest plastic marine models

>I'm a butthurt furfag because I don't say the 3E book was fair and balanced

Top kek, GTFO of here Carnac.

They shall pay for Damnos.

>So I guess you would call the 7e SM dex an OP mess right?

Compared to a pamphlet codex? Absolutely.
I actually like customisable codexes, but they are almost impossible to balance.
Chaos had an extremely customisable codex, and so broke the game in a time where most everyone else had shitty pamphlet codexes.

Nigga in the 3.5e book Khorne Berzerkers not only existed, they stole the fucking Choppa rule and made any armor above 4+ 4+

Which was still shit because Basic marines were like a Swiss Army nuke. They could literally do everything.

>Nigga, Khorne Berzerkers are like one of the oldest plastic marine models
From fucking 4th edition. Confirmed for asshurt furfag.

>I'm a butthurt furfag because I don't say the 3E book was fair and balanced
Nice try furfag, you were literally bitching because a chaos specialist faction wasn't outclassed by an imperial generalist faction at it's own role. You're litetally butthurt that you weren't better at everything LMAO

POST YOUR SO-CALLED WORLD EATERS, YOU ASSHURT FURFAG.

Then you're completely retarded. GW will never nerf, much less remove options from SM or Eldar again, might as well give the same tools to other factions.

>GW will never nerf, much less remove options from SM or Eldar again

Did I say they would you dumb fuck?
No.
I'm saying that at the time of the Eye of Terror, Chaos had a super OP codex.
I'm not saying I'm against customisation.
I'm not saying Chaos should have no customisation.

At the time they did, and so they were OP in comparison to all the shitty pamphlet codexes.

Fuck you hereteks, I may have shitty rules in 8th, I may have lost out on a bunch of fluffy rules and options, but I still have faith in the omnissiah, and I will not let a bunch of fucking nimwit, shit eatin', rust spreadin', soul corruptin', daemon engine makin', scrap codein', daemonette fuckin', Nurgle licken', technology stealin', AI creatin', wazzocks touch my fucking shit.

This is a Forgeworld, and thus it is Admech, and thus, you need to keep your hands off it, you little shits.

Then they should've bumped the other codexes instead of nerfing Chaos.