youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
youtube.com/watch?v=G5mEd9JI43k
youtube.com/watch?v=KxZc4Bf33ek
youtube.com/watch?v=fnysOwEz9Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=4njQb0651bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=reOO1cMTkSg
youtube.com/watch?v=h_bZZcQdY_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The size and scope that sci-fi allows and the technology. more so when you get really fantastic about it. But I think more so than anything is that sci-fi directly inspires life and that people are actively pursuing the things we write in fiction.

Bumping with aesthetics inferior to most.

Its a shame Destiny's great visual design is stuck in an Activision Game.

A tentative attachment to reality.
Like, I enjoy fantasy, but there's way to much "it's magic, I don't have to explain shit" inherent to it.

I'd rather take bullshit techno babble that explains itself poorly than no explanation at all.

When the aliens aren't just humans with makeup on

2nded. Good Sci-Fi builds on a foundation of the really cool stuff going on now, links it's works to things that we can understand before soaring off into the distance.

That makes it very easy to suspend disbelief.

but user, how much reality?!

Alienness

youtube.com/watch?v=--2iPvrQnvI

Shit this song is pretty cool

I like it, when humanity and truly alien aliens are in some sort or fashion friends. Their different mindsets are a hinderance but thanks to technology the difference can be solved.

My tastes are kinda an oxymoron. I love a grand, massive scope where anything is possible, such as 40k, in the sense that there's room for "your dudes" in this giant sandbox. Or Star Wars. I've got no idea how big the galaxy far far away is, but there's freedom for my mind to wander the setting and create almost anything. Totally inhuman aliens and bizzarre, mind breaking ships.

On the other side of that coin, I like it grounded in reality. Magic and inexplainable fantasy elements, kinda like Dr. Who, are a turn off for me. I need to be able to comprehend the workings, and again, be able to play with it and explore the world and what it has to offer.

I guess I like it real, but unreal. I dunno.

GRINEER, TOOT-TOOT.

Basically this.

>post music
youtu.be/Gp-yr4vErIk
At 2.50 is my favorite part

Fite me kid, i dare u.

bump for more pics and music

They should be significantly different from humans on a fundamental level. If there are humans with our morality and biology, then there should be very few aliens that share our morality and biology.

Two great tastes that don't go well together. Except in space opera maybe.

Technology, style, philosophy, and overall mindset.

Morats from Infinity are great, as are the Turians from Mass Effect.

I like camraderie between humans and the truly alien in the face of those who are destructive and evil and don't care for life. I like when humans and aliens who were originally enemies come to terms and form long standing peace. I like scenarios where the normal and mundane of everyday life is now chock full of advanced tech and bizarreness. I also like cute alien girls. Either ones that are largely just humans with extra or missing parts or full on alien weirdos is fine. As long as they're cute. Human girls in alien or sci fi looking clothes are also pretty good.

>Humanity makes first contact with aliens
>They send us their sickest beats
>We send our best right back at them
>It begins

I hope this is how it goes down

Robots.
faceless, stomppy, marching in unison,
Robots.
youtube.com/watch?v=vG8GtxV8-aI&feature=youtu.be&t=1m18s
youtube.com/watch?v=LtP5lSQgll8

that or max dictatorship
youtube.com/watch?v=FsghquB9ad0
youtube.com/watch?v=-Iu0pvZP-dM

>What attracts you in a sci-fi faction?
The goal and the maxime of it. The bigger the goal is, the better. For example a organisation trying to escape the heat death of the universe. Or trying to understand the last secrests of the cosmos.
The maxime should be: Expand the possibility. Meaning that experimentation runs wide and all thoughts/concepts are attempted.

I'd like to think that no matter how alien aliens tend to be they all had come from the same rutting existence we all did so there is always a basis for understanding somewhere. I'd like to imagine that first contact will happen because the aliens are looking for a species to do trades with and are happy to know we're not one of those poncy assholes who are above material things like the rest of those guys out there.

Boundless super science and optimism. Biotechnology, nanomachines, artificial intelligence, transhumanism, post scarcity, applying old lessons to new problems, striking out for new frontiers, etc. I like utopias. Not that nothing is allowed to go wrong, but settings where scientific progress isn't essentially set up as the villainous foil to mother nature's wise and righteous hero.

I especially like science and nature in harmony, and human mastery over nature without it turning into a ruined hellscape and getting beaten over the head with "MUH HUBRIS" I loathe that shit.

"science"
without limits, or morals
youtube.com/watch?v=SuhI_jabtE8
youtube.com/watch?v=JkgSPSxBNUI

Really good music, user. Stopped what I was doing just to listen to it.

I always enjoyed how the admech of 40k went all the way into 'muh hubris', then kept going so far that it all worked out anyway.
Like how the nature on the forge world metalica was a distraction so they just killed all of it and paved the entire planet with metal.

>post music
youtube.com/watch?v=vFULVMSd5JY

As pretty as Avatar was to look at, the story was absolute dogshit. How did a massive, technically advanced armed force with planes and power armor lose in head to head combat to blue cat people with bows and bird mounts? Why the hell did they not just assassinate the crippled dude when they realized he was not only going native, but was the only real linchpin of the native resistance? You wouldn't even need to kill his supposedly super-tough alien body. Just kill his human body in the tube while he's defenseless.

When the movie first came out, I kept hearing talk about how the original script was supposed to outline the strengths and flaws of both sides, as well as driving home the fact that MC Cripple had never seen real nature before as humans had already fucked Earth to shit. The whole reason they need unobtainium is because it's the only thing keeping Earth from becoming completely unlivable and it was never supposed to be under the alien's tree, it was in the sacred floating rocks (which lo and behold was why they were sacred and floating). However, everything got changed at the last minute for whatever reason and instead we got what we did. Really missed out in my opinion.

Robots.
Giant. Fucking. Robots.

>What attracts you in a sci-fi faction?
chrome bits
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

>post music
sure
youtube.com/watch?v=G5mEd9JI43k
youtube.com/watch?v=KxZc4Bf33ek
youtube.com/watch?v=fnysOwEz9Vo

youtube.com/watch?v=4njQb0651bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=reOO1cMTkSg