warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6JK3fhYE1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nth for chaos being pretty good

Reposting from last thread.

>The more I look at it the more I think Tyranids are not as strong as people were initially saying. I think nids were just so used to being shit for so long that every single buff immediately jumped out at them and looked great, but they need them just to stay afloat, it doesn't look like it's actually pushing them to the top necessarily.

>Now this is just in terms of pure fighty value. They might turn out to be sick good at the objective game or something, but I don't think nids are going to be tabling other armies in 2-3 turns like the alarmists are crying about.

>If anything, it's Ork Boyz tabling you that you need to worry about. Carnifexes aren't really gonna do shit.

>mfw using imperial guard with one primaris lieutenant

youtube.com/watch?v=e6JK3fhYE1w

What army is /40kg/ planning for 8th?

Plasma devs seem worth it now if you babysit them with a character providing rerolls. A primaris or chapter ancient for that sweet "shoot or fight before you die" allowing double shots even if they melt themselves could be extra good. opinions?

>Liking anything new, even if its genuinely good.

>There's people posting in this general RIGHT FUCKING NOW without a pair of rose tinted glasses on.

Fucking disgusting.

First one to mention the Wu Tang Clan exploit is getting summarily executed

Can't decide between GSC or DE, but one of those. Maybe a salamander force if I want another force down the line.

nth for Khorne Daemonkin ready for kick asses

Working on 7.5. It looks like Tau will be fine this edition, only substituting Riptide Spam for Hammerhead Spam.

Incidentally, this is how vehicles in 8th shoot.

Slaanesh or the new DG i dont know but i have one thing pretty clear: I want a viable army

I started collecting Orks a few months ago, so I'll just keep going with that. All things point towards this being a good edition for me.

Sister, DE, Necrons, or Imp guard. Can't decide.

nth for the new Chadmarine models gave me cancer specially that grav-rhino, that thing is serious heresy and must be purged

Looks like they're in a trashcan, where they belong

>3 riptides
lmao

Slaanesh marines.

31 chaos marines
2 rhinos
2 obliterators
12 cultists
1 terminator sorcerer

...so what now?

>All Tau players with 8th edition

This is the best gift GW gave us

Custodes. I've played termie and walker heavy Iron Warriors for a few years now, but when BoP came out I picked up a few Custodes and I quite enjoyed painting them. After Talons came out I ended up with three Land Raiders, a couple of Contemptors and some more general Custodes.

I've always been a fan of elite units charging into battle. I've always tried to bring a LR with four termies and a lord despite it being pretty noncompetitive (until now?). Now I can't even fit a Lord in a Raider. The Custodes on the other hand can ride into combat in their gilded shagging wagons. I love the Contemptor model and the overall feel of a very small model count super elite army.

The rules have hurt them pretty badly thanks to losing Deep Strike. But I've decided I don't really care. I'll run my dudes as best I can and hope we get some good stuff from a Codex in the future.

an aerial is not a viewport

Do people not get armies because they like them?

>Orks
>Guard
>Expanding on my Tau
>Expanding on my Chaos

Really not sure what I'll want to work on first

we currently don't know all the custode rules because the guy who scanned the imperial codex 2 skipped the first page of the custode part

looking forward to playing my Raven Guard. they may have taken my chapter tactics for now but I will adapt. Strike, Fade, and Strike again!

memeposting aside, Shrike finally got the chapter master tag and seems to be worth actually fielding because of the ability to reroll charges with JP units nearby. This makes the chances of getting into melee with those units on arrival go from 27% to about 53% so just over 50/50 for first turn charges. Feelsgoodman

How do Inquisitorial detachments work? Do you just do Vanguard? Also how do Death Cults and Officio Assassinorum work? Do they count towards the Vanguard detachment?

You know, I may give tau a shot. Always liked them, but scared off by the stigma around them. They still seem decent, but with melee armies being faster it should be an interesting challenge. Also, I have a massive fetish for railguns, and they seem actually good this edition.

Blood Angels

I think the feeling right now is that all the toxic Tau player are dropping Tau, so it should be safe.

Tau.
I'm making molds of the fire warrior guns and giving them to IG to act as human auxiliaries.

Pretty much the same shit I was doing in 7th for my Guard. The biggest difference would be Bullgryn with Slab and Power Mauls. Also the inclusion of Mortar HWS.

I probably will get more Scions too and now that I've built Celestine and some Sisters of Silence I'll probably start running them mixed with some Inquisition.

I'm thinking abour starting an Edgelords army, but first I need to know how fear and terror work though

What's a good number of gaunts?

>What army is /40kg/ planning for 8th?
Dust off my necromunda stuff and field everything together as a swarm guard.

Funny, I was just mathing out HH vers riptides

riptide+IA 316 pts
BS 4+, Heavy 3 S7 AP-3 D1, Overcharge Heavy D6 S8 AP-3 Dd3

2 Hammerheads with ion cannon 344 pts
BS3+, Heavy 3 S7 AP-2 D2, Overcharge Heavy D3 S8 AP-2 D3, Heavy D6 against 10 or more models

Against T4,

I got my Orks and am starting up some Ultramarines.

user who plays this game because they like it?

True, but an user who claims to have the book told me that page does not mention DS (Someone wouldn't lie on the internet, would they?). I'm not really sure what they could add to replace it.

I find it kind of odd that we don't have it desu. With 'From Golden Light They Come' we only rolled a single die for scattering and even our Dread could DS.

With a bit of creative modelling, it will be.

>Dust off my necromunda stuff
what necromunda stuff do you have user?

Damn, I really need to rework everything.
I run trukk heavy, so aside from adjusting to the new points, I also have to consider stocking up on boys again, since now it make sense to field more than the bare 10.
Might also move away from power klaws to save some points here and there.
And if I understand the BW correctly, I can field lootas and flash gitz in it and they can move and shoot without the -1?

And there is no fix to hit on 6, right? If an ork gets -2 on his to hit roll, he can't hit the target at all?

>Moving a shooting a heavy weapon incurs a -1 to hit penalty
>EVEN VEHICLES AND TERMINATORS

Great. So not only have vehicles and terminators gotten more expensive, and slower. Now they can't even move and shoot effectively.

GG GW thanks for yet another terminator nerf.

I'll continue expanding my orks, they've been my main army since I started playing 15 years ago.
I'm also eyeballing an IG tank company, even though Leman Russes are of questionable value now, just because I like tanks and I won't have to paint too many models to field it.

Splitting the Dark Imperium box with a friend, taking the Primaris Marines and playing Ultramarines.

Any suggestions on how to turn a bubblechucka into something else?

I started dark eldar when the gangs box came out, and i fucking love painting the models, so them.

Everyone complained that half of their shit was dying turn 1 from shooting so they made everything durable. They made cover worse because it was total cancer in 7th. So to add to everything being more durable they also made things harder to hit. I love it. It will not be games of tabling on turn 3, it will be wars of attrition where all your units are doing something every turn.

It's much better than "if the vehicle moves at X speed it can only fire Y number of guns." The new rules are generally less restrictive.

Expanding on my orks with a bigmek on bike first.
Still got some flash gitz to finish and a bunch of other orks to repaint.

Yeah -1 to hit with your auto-hitting heavy flamer and your assault cannon which has 2 more shots now is such a nerf.

It's not like Terminators also got perfect reliable deep strike and double the shots on their stormbolters and double the wounds now either.

Could someone rate my DA list?

Really excited I can fire heavy weapons after moving and that I don't have to worry about feeling the heat unless I really want to.

Kinda bummed that Gets Hot is insta-kill now. Also bummed at how elite Ravenwing got.

But hey, DA Techmarines can take Conversion Beamers for now! And apothecaries can heal anyone.

>implying people play this shit game because they like it
There are two camps of people in 40k:
>those who enjoy painting, modeling, making fluffy and interesting armies, and the occasional friendly game with like minded people
>those who WANT TO FUCKING WIN I'M A PRO TOURNEY PLAYER OF THIS IRRELEVANT MINIATURE WAR GAME BRO

Yea, im still holding out hope. Although, what i really want is their HH rules in 8th. I may start homebrew coverting them over once i get the index and a good few games in

Of course they do. The thing is some people like their army for looks, the other because it's winning.

Gonna preorder Dark Imperium and make an Allied Detachment for my IG from the Primaris Marines and prolly glue the DG models and sell em on since I'm not a fan of Chaos play style and love Imperium armies.

Black templars or mortifactors as long as i can dettol the unthinined paint off my old ultramarines from my younger hobbyist days!

Even though im going to be inticed into spending more of my money on new edition rellease mimatures.

Sticking to Renegades/Guard, I've got Raging Heroes Sisters coming at some point so there will be that. Until Forgworld books hit I'm looking at this for a guard list.

Battalion
Tank Commander (Battle Cannon, 3x HBolter)[213]
Tank Commander (Battle Cannon, 3x HBolter)[213]

Commissar (Bolt Pistol) [31]
Infantry Squad (Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher)[65]

Heavy Weapon Squad (3x Lascannon) [72]
Heavy Weapon Squad (3x Lascannon) [72]

Valkyrie (Lascannon, Hellstrike Missiles) [170]
Valkyrie (Lascannon, Hellstrike Missiles) [170]

Vet Squad (3xPlasma Gun, Plasma Pistol, Shotguns)[86]
Vet Squad (3xPlasma Gun, Plasma Pistol, Shotguns)[86]

Fortification Network
Imperial Bastion (4x HBolter)[192]

Total 1500

Heavy weapon squads go inside the Bastion, I could even fit in one more group of them and still shoot everything. It will feel good to have a reason to finish my Valkyries, I hated the fact that as flyers they needed to be kept in reserve.

Mix of Scions and Custodes
Going to add SoB to the mix if they get a plastic release (which they may get in the form of a boxed game i predict)

I have 15,000 points of Eldar. So them.
I also have about 1500 in Nids so maybe play some games with them for fun.

And 500 in sisters but I can't afford more metal bullshit

this one
pls r8

I'd love to see the HH stuff in 40k. If any army should still have their stuff from the Great Crusade it would be the Custodes. Although I'm not so sure I'm up to the task of paint those gorgeous Dreadnoughts.

Couple questions about flyers in 8th edition:
>Do they still start in reserve and fly onto the board, or do you just deploy them normally?
>Can you fire in any direction as long as you can draw LoS from the gun?
>Do they get a cover save from being in a terrain feature?

I am an Emperor's Children player, but for the 8th I'm going to put them on a shelf for a while and go mono-Slaaneshi Daemons

>I have 15,000 points of Eldar. So them.
but why not add to that eldar with harlequins and deldar!

sorry I don't know anything about Dark Angels :p

>double the wounds now either.
which doesn't matter given how many weapons do multiple damage a shot.

I mean, at this point you could rate it as an SM list.

GSC until i have a decent sized army then start up DG so i can have a little variety when I play.

Oh shit does GW not sell the official Big Mek with KFF model anymore?
How do you guys make yours?

I hope someone near me decides to sell some in not to awfully painted/built, always wanted a Mobile Infantry themed army and lets face it, Crisis suits do the job so much better than any Marine that it's just sad.

Bonus for being able to use Kroot, Vespid and all those railgun units.

>have to use normalfag book to try and get a deal

the only thing that sticks out to me right now are the conversion beamers (i used to take them with the inquisition) - They are worthless because you are rarely move than 72" from a visable target, unless you are on an absolutely huge table

>There are currently 28,975 listings for "Tau" on Ebay
>Ebay has recorded a total of 7,026 sold listings for "Tau" all time

For the last one, i think you need to be obscured by the terrain unless youre infantry

Disregard anything you remember from 7th edition.
Read the 8th edition rules

Spoonfeeding answer:
they deploy normally unless otherwise stated in the fliers datasheet
the datasheet will tell you if they have special movement restrictions
only if they are 50% obscured.

Do people actually even like or play Death Guard? Why would GW choose them as their bad guy faction for the starter?

Screws/bolts

Tau sensor spines

Techmarine/servitor limbs

or borrow a KFF from a wazbom or gorkanaught kit

They are like every other vehicle now, just very fast with a minimum move. Some have special rules that limit their turning that's about it. Check the data sheet for the flyer in question.

So in general

-Nothing is forced to start in reserves. Even a drop pod can start deployed on the table.
-Line of sight is not from the gun but any part of the hull for any gun

Haven't been following the spoilers too much, how's CSM looking this edition? I know that we lost the chapter tactics we just got back and marks do the same as in AoS

Must be hard to be the coolest kid in class.

They're not that bad honestly. Metallic are pretty easy, and the detail is very easy to highlight on them. Pic related is mine. Not my best work, but wasn't hard at all.
>outed as filthy phoneposter

Either building up my Ad Mech army, or starting up a Dark Eldar/Ynnari army. Not sure on which, but its gonna happen. I have the money, I just have to decide when and what I get.

>Line of sight is not from the gun but any part of the hull for any gun
Shit, that changes everything

>8th isn't even out for two more weeks

forgot pic

Shit, that model is fucking gross

That's awesome

And about the question itself, no idea. If they did it is because nurgle miniatures are selling pretty well, or people tend to like it, idk

I wuld have gome for Word Bearers, personally.

>and marks do
nothing

Get Rekt, Fishfaces

Are stormtroopers still elites

>Shit, that model is fucking gross
It's just missing a classy fedora.

But what are they all buying? I know some armies have people very excited, but it's far to early to guess what (if anything) is the bullshit OP faction.

>Rubric Marines and Tzaangors
>Plague Marines and Poxwalkers
>Noise Marines and ???

What kind cult units would you like to see Noise marines get?

WAAC fags love them, they had a sudden surge of popularity due to their legion rules being the best.

Word Bears should have have been the yang to the Ultramarines' yin. Everything about them just fits.
Fuck Black Legion.

we hive tyrants now

What's the best loadout for them by the way?
Talons and lashwhip/bonesword?

By that logic, a Monolith will never be able to shoot anything because it does not have a viewport.

The rules as stated say "if unsure, stoop down behind the shooting model." What does stooping mean? How many inches away do you have to be behind the tank to determine if it can see? What happens if the vehicle is so big that getting behind it conceals vision to the other model?

All this could have been solved with "measure LOS from the weapon being fired for units that do not have the Infantry Keyword" or something simple like that. But no...