/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Should we start having thread themes edition?

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/WIP
youtube.com/watch?v=zfB6rMGWQe4
youtube.com/watch?v=wd63P7mYXzo
youtube.com/watch?v=Iky6UlioAkc
issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer_expansion_-_special_characters
kickstarter.com/projects/1516875985/tms-vampire-covenant-army
youtu.be/HmBreg_E1VM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not specifying (Battles) in the title

here comes the aosposting

Not GW. Pic related.

Yeah, I'd love it too.

Its such a simple thing. "That was one universe but there are others, here's an option to show models woth original names, here's unplaytested rules for the new AoS minis that Gav and Matt wrote while stoned, please buy our models again."

We're Warhammer Fantasy, they're Warhammer Age of Smeg, there's no confusion. They post her because their game is shit and the only joy they have is baiting us.

Forgot pic.

This page has more info.
1d4chan.org/wiki/WIP

Correction: the lore is shit, the models are highly subjective.

The game apparently is okay now. Warmahordes tier.

>current GW
>Warmahordes tier

no

Who here old school 80's fantasy?

youtube.com/watch?v=zfB6rMGWQe4

Warmahordes is pretty bad.
Very netlist tryhard, poor balance.

Like AoS now.

I don't know what's worse, that GW is taking cues from Warmahordes or that people actually net-list for AoS.

>static values to hit/wound
>literally doesnt matter what tier troop you're fighting you always hit/wound on the same number

dumb system. fantasy might have been a bit complicated but it was complex with purpose.

Yeah that really annoyed me with 40K 8th edition.

It doesn't hurt that game as much though since melee isn't the central focus.

For a compromise they're using 6+ to hit if enemy's WS is double yours, 5+ to hit if enemy's WS is greater than yours, 4+ to hit if WS is equal, 3+ to hit if your WS is greater than enemy's and 2+ to hit if your WS is twice that of the enemy's. I think this system is a good compromise.

Help me decide guys.

Slimes, Insects, or Niggers.

:thinking:

Slimes

Niggers.

Where's the floating pyramids?

That's tomb kings.

Does anyone know the type of helmet on Empire state troops? I remember people complained about Morion helmets in the trailers, but what is the name for the original thing?
As well shall we post Warhammer armour designs?

All the helmets in your image are sallets. 1, 3 and 4 are a type usually known as 'celata', an Italian variant.

Who the fuck is Sethep the Merciless? I believe I saw him mentioned on 1d4chan, and i know he's in the fan army book of special characters. I don't remember him in any of the VC armybooks, though, and I also can't recall him being in Night's Dark Masters.

I will never stop being mad

The designs in that image are salades.

I'm personally not that fussed on what design people want, we know Estilia use morions so it makes sense that the design would find its way to the Empire and the kits have them on. As long as it looks somewhat realistic or is based off an established design.

Thank you my good sir.

Or yeah, sometimes known as sallets.

Chin up lad. Cubicle 7 are apparently keen to make an elf book of some kind for wfrp 4e. There may be hope yet.

BI were keen to make it as well. At least we have Defenders of the Forest.

I thought sallets had that characteristic long protrusion at the back. Those in user's image look like bascinets(without a visor).

Fuck the elf book. Lustria adventure when.

how the hell does the empire have power over primitive tribes south of lustria?

WE WUZ KAISERS AND SHEET

Kind of. The Italian style of sallet is the earliest kind and evolved out of the bascinet (and would later evolve into the barbute). But bascinets usually have an aventail, so they don't spread out at the bottom.
The long tail on the back is characteristic of German sallets in particular.

Cubicle 7 have also expressed interest in a Lustria book, so there's that.

Presumably via the Sudenburg colony.

It's early background. I think the 'Emperor' referred to is a Slann Emperor.
Consider the wording: "Although many tribes are hostile to the Slann, some are vassals of the Emperor and are required to pay him tribute".

Jesus Christ, Raimi.

>I think the 'Emperor' referred to is a Slann Emperor.
Correct.

For fuck's sake, you're here too?

What?

There is a mention of a Slann Empire, so that's probably correct.

Pygmies confuse me in a lot of ways, though. They don't look particularly interesting - were they supposed to be funny? Who would want to make use of them?

What did he mean by this?

Now that's literally what you see when you look out a London window.

>Lustria campaign
>it aint me starts playing

I was actually thinking something more like:

youtube.com/watch?v=wd63P7mYXzo

Pegasus, or Hippogryph/Griffon?

youtube.com/watch?v=Iky6UlioAkc
I prefer this one.

Why would the Bretonnians want to crusade into the Chaos Wastes? The Badlands crusade at least has some historical precedent - that's how the Border Princes were initially formed - but even then Bretonnia doesn't usually have much interest in throwing troops outside of their borders for almost no reason.

I always liked that in every handbook they at least explained why things were than way.

you could agree with them or not, but they gave you all those small insights to their reasoning process. It was a little like having designer notes

Anyone else have a deep hatred of assembling and ranking up glade guard?
Fuck me those guys are obnoxious to build, painting them is a chore as well sometimes

Surly you're only doing ranks of 2?

John Blanche is one of the few people who can make a pegasus look badass.

So I've met with a bit of frustration in the last couple games I played with my Skaven. My opponent the last two games has been Ogres, which I can't blame him for since they're his new army and he wants to use them.

First of two games my Lightning canon does nothing one turn(rolled spectacularly low on the bounce) and then blows up the next. Gutter Runners can't hit a goddamn thing to save their lives in 20 shots, multi-shotting with slings and poisoned attacks. Cast Crack's Call 2 times during the game. Didn't matter how far away the nearest anything was, was off by 4".

Second game, played just last night, Hell-Pit Abomination gets into a unit really quick, and I'm able to charge it, and flank that unit hard. Giant rats die, Rat Ogres hold their own for 2 combats. Hell-Pit regens a total of 2 out of 8 wounds. Doesn't even turn into Rat Swarms when it dies. Try to cast Skitterleap on a Warlock Engineer with a Death Globe so I have a chance at killing his Mournfang? Nah, just going to get it dispelled EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I don't get a single spell off the entire game except Cloud of Corruption. Single enemy unit nearby? Sweet! Only fail to wound effect them on a 1! Rolled a 1. Effected the caster unit, effected a nearby friendly unit, effected the guy with the Death Globe, effected the Warp Lightning Cannon. Great. Killed so much of my own shit with that spell, and not a thing of his. Super. Better though, I miscast and roll a 4, so fuck the unit the Grey Seer is in especially.

I can't blame a thing but poor dice results, but it's so incredibly frustrating when it keeps happening.

Grunners are not that useful against ogres, they'll net 2-3 wounds per phase, minus any saves, so that means that they won't rack up much against big, multiwound infantry with decent armor

Painting them not so much. The cloacks are obnoxious, I'd concede that.

>ranks of 2
>with glorious forest shooting + volley fire

Yeah but glade guard aren't exactly great in 8th, most people just run 3 sections of 10 in 2X5 formation.

>core-filler shooting unit, armor piercing that can be poisonous, multiple shot or straight up -3 armor.

They're not great, they're killers. They are to Welves what cannons are to any other faction: a "fuck you" to any big model.

Plus if you run them in a big unit of 30 (5 ranks of six, for a total of 24 poisonous shots per round), you'll also happen to fuck up any chaff, chariot or mediocre infantry that happens to charge you. They're ws4, ASF, and since you're going to have them in the poisonous wood (which you get for free), the enemy has to test dangerous terrain to charge you, eats a stand and shoot, then gets a tons of poisonous attacks which reroll all 1 to wound.

I cannot stress how AWESOME they are. They're a bunker that still wins it points back, that can clear both chaff and expensive units, can hold its own in close combat and it's CORE.

From here.

issuu.com/m4cr1ii3n/docs/warhammer_expansion_-_special_characters

Would you approve of lone Lizardmen sent by the Slann to dwell among humans?

Early Warhammer was supposed to stick to an over the top portrayal of the real world with Elves and Dwarfs standing in for certain groups.

Then Chaos was added and they abandoned everything but Chaos VS core factions.

Bretonnia crusades constantly.

They fucking invaded Lustria looking for dragons to slay.

Reminder that TMS Miniatures, the guys who replaced the Tomb Kings and Bretonnia ranges, have the Kickstarter for their Vampire Counts replacement going right now.

kickstarter.com/projects/1516875985/tms-vampire-covenant-army

Wood Elves are next. Then they are considering Ogres.

Get in on it now, only 5 days left before the price shoots up.

I'm not a paid shill, I'm a shill hoping for more stretch goals like a male Lahmian and an Isabella proxy.

Since they are inspired by T9A lore, and since T9A had a Rome which has already been produced as part of the Tomb Kings army, the Vampire Counts skeletons are Greek rather than Romainian.

If nothing else, back it just for $40 Blood Knights.

The bats are really nice.

Damn, $2.50 per post? Where can I sign up?

Link in the first post.

As far as TMS ability to deliver, half of the Tomb Kings minis already were sent out. Due to a casting issue they had to take a few months to resolve the other half were delayed. Apparently they are putting what they learned from it into use in the Bret range so it doesn't happen again, and the Brets are being cast while the last handful are being sculpted now.

Last shill post from me, Lord Tremendous does a Skype interview with the TMS team.
He spends part of it bitching about Elves though.

youtu.be/HmBreg_E1VM

Have you played with wood elves?

That might work in theory but in reality they will shoot once or twice and then be dead.

30 glade guard with hagbane arrows are expensive as fuck, your enemy can buy a lot of stuff for that and one dwellers will kill it like anything else.

But the pygmies seem loosely like African tribes...but they're in Lustria, i.e. South America.

That was the Southlands, but that's a good point.

Any WFRP 2E GMs around that can offer advice running the game? I am reading through the core book at the moment, and I'm wondering what your accumulated wisdom might call for in running a game with the Drakwald module and beyond.

The pygmies do also share some traits with South American headhunter tribes.

i just play two hagbane blocks of 16
2x8
wizard bunker EG in free poison woods, warhawk riders and wild riders doing their thing
also waywatchers and treeman
I've tried taking wardancers in my last 3 games but I always won before they got into fights

I've been playing them for quite a while.

Dwellers is like saying "dies to removal". Everything dies to dwellers. And not everyone has access to life.

Meanwhile, msu are extremely vulnerable to small shooting. 3 dead on a 10 glade guard unit?
If you field them in a 3x10 unit, that's 10% less shots and a panic test more.
If you field them in a big 1x30 unit, that's 1 shot less, and no panic test.

A big unit will also utilize your wood in an optimal manner (as it will all gain cover), will be MUCH MORE resistant to small fire and chaff.

And let's not forget that by fielding multiple units you lose time at deployement, and since you're a shooting army you want to actually go first.

If you want to field 3 small units be my guest, you'll get fucked over by ambusher and scouts, or even a single unit of average infantry.

That's just weird that's what that is. Half the point is that humans and lizardmen are supposed to have very little interaction with each other, and the lizardmen are supposed to assume (not totally incorrectly) that they are the ones fufilling the Old Ones' plans and the least tainted by Chaos, with everyone else screwing things up.

Why would a Lizardmen go to the Old World? Not information, since the Lizardmen care little for politics, and the only information they've really wanted from humans are geographical and biological in nature, stuff that can be easily obtained from humans travelling to Lustria. Diplomacy? Possible, but very unlikely - they really only make use of human forces against a common foe that is at Lustria. There'd be no point in keeping up relations with a nation months of travel away for that purpose.

where do you buy warhammer spell cards? did they ever get included in army books or were they always sold separately?

aos is not warhammer fantasy son never bring that shit here

It's possible that after the Storm of Chaos Franz might call on everyone to crusade into the Wastes to put an end to Chaos while they're weak. Attrition and corruption would unfortunately fuck them over, unless Karl managed to somehow convince Grimgor to join them or if Grimgor himself continued his fucking-up-Chaos-gits spree.

Inscrutable prophecies man. They saw on a tablet a lizard hanging out with a dude with a massive beard that had a bird for a hat, some outrageously fancy Empire dude washes ashore still clinging on to his fancy hat with tremendous feathers, and the lizards decide to fulfill the Old Ones Plan.

They were sold separate like themed dice are now.

Unless you're talking about I think 4e, where the starter set had more cards than minis.

>Franz
>calling a Bretonnian crusade

So why not just force that Empire dude to hang out with them in Lustria? Why follow him home?

Were there ever harlequin elves in Fantasy, or have shadowdancers always been the closest thing?

I doubt it because the Storm of Chaos took a huge toll on the Empire as well, every province on the way to Middenheim was decimated and half the garrison of Altdorf had to be called up to help Todbringer. The Empire is in no condition for a large expedition.

Anyone in the UK may be interested to know that Witchfinder General is on the Horror Channel at 10:50 tonight, essential viewing for Fantasy fans.

They were sold in different packs. I think the Empire pack had the 8 core lore's of magic.

>putting aside differences to take down chaos somehow impossible

True, but western Middenland and every province and "allied" land were unscathed. The Empire's most important provinces were safe as were the Dwarfs and Elves. The toll was serious, but in the end they took a lot less of a beating than Archaon and his doomy armies did. They got utterly annihilated at Middenheim and were already getting fucked up on the way there. Now that the Orcs aren't buddies with them anymore it's quite possible that Chaos is significantly weaker than the Empire & company at this point. Franz might go "Hey French fucks, these guys threaten our mutual existence but we just proved they're completely killable, join us and let's fuck them up".

too bad we never got anything further, th-thanks gamesworkshop

Hey only if it's female if you know what I mean

>40k is AoS now

epic. simply epic. Ruining 1 game wasn't enough for them.

40kg is no longer safe. wfg is the only safe haven from the GW menace

what is dead may never die

They don't really talk about the Pygmies anymore, for reasons that I think are probably to do with the early depictions of them. I think it was in one of the old Town Criers that I read the most 'recent' reference to them, and that they basically described them as being Halflings with a perma-tan.

>Lustria campaign
>It Ain't Me playing in the background
C-can I join?

>So why not just force that Empire dude to hang out with them in Lustria? Why follow him home?
Not that user, but the Skink Priests are notorious for having trouble agreeing on the meaning of many signs and portents, and even the Slann argue about it on occasion. In all likelihood some of them thought he should stay in Lustria, while others thought they should follow him, and probably another group thought they needed to sacrifice him to Sotek.

Thanks Jaden.

by the way things look 40k's already stepping up to the chopping block, I figured geedub would at least wait another year or so. I think we need a refugee camp thread for the 40k and fb players escaping GW's relentless crap.

9th age seems like AoS-lite. is it actually good?

use 1.0, It's 8.5e
Everything after is its own thing