Bones 3 Kickstarter

FUCK YES
UNBOXING!

Wow. This may be the first unboxing I am genuinely excited about. Usually they are stupid mtg ones.

We get it, you bought a bunch of cardboard squares!

They're rectangles

I don't care of they're trapezoids. My sentiment still stands.

They aren't even dragon dildos.

Hahaha fuck you

I'ma fuckit

this is weird packaging. mini looks sick tho

>product is named Bones
>No Skeletal Dragon Dildo

I'm disappointed

Wait, never mind what I just said.

So many complicated tentacles!

Wayne Reynolds Giants!

The mythos box, none assembled yet

And the Basic box of a billion pieces, including weapon sprues in that weird heavy plastic the howitzer is made of.

Such a bitch to assemble

Man I love bones minis. Theyre so cheap. When are these going up for sale on their webstore? I didnt back the KS because I have too many already, but there are some of these i would love to own.

They usually cycle in the new models right after the KS release, picking the highest demand ones. So in the next quarter?

Dude which mini is this? That is pretty cool.

Undead skell head with a hammer

Why does reaper still use Kickstarter? I thought they made enough money on their previous kickstarters to finance their operation?

Kickstarter is a service for company's to get enough money to "kickstart" their company, not use it to fund every venture they can think of.

Kickstarter used to be for people trying to break into a business and get investments.

Now it's just a preorder tool used by lots of companies. It sure beats getting a loan from a bank.

It is what it is. Just look at CMON. They abuse the fuck out of it, but their fans are used to ordering most of their stuff from them on KS

It's an undead model? Lame. I thought it was a buffed barbarian with a huge hammer.

The hammer is cool at least. What's the name of the mini so i can look up its metal counterpart.

I'd complain too, but then there would be no kickstarters that actually deliver.

Can you take pictures of the graveyard set and the dragon rider?

All of these look really cool, but I am most excited for the new sculpts.

Jesus, is that Wilbur Wately's twin or something?

Guess it is what it is.

Cant say I'm mad at them.

Now they look pretty nice.

How do you prep Bones stuff for painting?
I have a couple, and htey claim to be ready to paint immediately, but this is clearly not the case form my attempts.
Also, is there an easy way to strip them without melting the plastic (or harming the already soft detail)?

Honestly, I prefer them doing that because when you "preorder" in a KS you usually get lots of free stuff with your shit. The only bad thing is you must wait months to get your shit, but that's no real problem to me.

OP finished his fine beer and fell asleep.

If you can be bothered to do some more group shots in focus this time of each of the sets, I'd like to see them.

Do you have actual plans for this stuff, or was it just "holy shit that's a stupid quantity of plastic for that money"?

That's a prolapse waiting to happen

Nice.
I feel like a fool for not getting in on bones 3.

Although to be honest, i've got all of 1 model from bones 1 painted.

Prepping for painting is just gently soaking and scrubbing them with warm soapy water. A soft or old toothbrush will do the trick

Aren't Bones minis trash-quality?

I find the larger sculpts to be pretty darn good, Normal 28mm heroic tends to be a bit overly soft for my taste. They're perfectly fine for mook villains/ monsters, but I tend to use a more detailed metal/resin mini for PCs.

They also have the benefit of being cheap as dirt, little kid friendly, and good beginner minis for painters. Although the new line of Nolzur's and Deep Cuts minis from wizkids, is a better quality mini for close to the same price point. The wizkids minis aren't as little kid friendly IMO.

They are a cheaper soft plastic, but they are dirt cheap and sold individually. I like a lot of reaper sculpts but hate working with metal. These plastic ones are easy to repose and convert, so it's a win for me

Do the Vicky Gun, do the Vicky Gun!

Is that grey stuff harder plastic? What's the deal there?

Thanks haven't received mine yet but I'm super happy to learn that they're on the way.

They are weapon packs that are done in hard plastic. Great for conversions.