/Comfy Friday TA/ - Massacre edition

Sup guys TA Fag here

Hope you're all having happy holidays!

General TA thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ccn.com/billionaire-bitcoin-investors-winklevoss-twins-dare-jpmorgan-ceo-short-btc/
archive.is/VeXlm
archive.is/F30v2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i-is everyone dead?

I think Jamie took them up on their offer
ccn.com/billionaire-bitcoin-investors-winklevoss-twins-dare-jpmorgan-ceo-short-btc/

sup dude
btc entry point?

I got my 10.8k buys filled, but it's not looking good in my opinion

Liquidated everything at 18.8k three days ago. Got buy orders at 8.2k.

Am I being too optimistic? Will I get JUSTed for buying in too soon?

depends mate, I wouldn't go all in I would stagger some buys around 10k and then have some deep doom buys under 10k as well. You're already in profit so just set a place where you tell yourself you'll buy back in and watch the fireworks

ta fag,
also i've observing the markets, btc, ltc, eth, and it seems like trend trading works.
when my guppy on tradingview turns green, it continues to rise, and when it turns red, continues to drop.

is this shit normal?

Guppy is a combination of "slow" and "fast" EMA's, so when it's red they act as resistance, green they act as support

When it's grey it means a big move is coming

yeah yeah they act like resistance/support lines,
the thing is, seems like trend trading work, just using that indicator...
shit's normal or weird?

that's kind of the point of using an indicator

why use something that doesn't work?

As usual in a hard crash everybody who bought the 38 and 50 fib got raped, the 61 held and that pin bar looks solid. Huge volume spike. But they love to take out obvious pinbars. There's also a real cunt of a trendline that has to break.
Big divergence on M30 5/34 Oscillator.
Too early to say.

hows NEO looking?

also btc when do you think we are ganna hit the bottom

yeah i guess that makes sense, i'm still a noob in this TA shit

I sold at 12k, I'm trying not to FOMO

why would you sell at 12k?
We're going lower
I don't need to time the bottom, I just need to grab the beginning of the uptrend

I've been in since 5k, but point is, you think we'll get back to that point Again?

WHERE'S THE SUPPORT?! (for BTC)

WHERE'S THE SUPPORT?!

Don't listen to this retard. All of his calls are for day traders. They don't last for more than 24 hours. If you hodl for more than a day his calls are worthless.

archive.is/VeXlm

>not much to say other than moon. EMA/MA cross = mega bull

2 days later

>I don't recall saying anything about positive about Ark. If anything I remember saying it would dump.

archive.is/F30v2

strong support around 11k, i'm thinking that we will retest it sooner rather than later

>archive.is/F30v2

>It's going to drop

>Drops 200 then gains 2k

>See it dropped

So you think buy orders at 11.5k is likely to fill?

archive.is/F30v2

>it's going up

>goes up 5% then dumps 20% in a day

>see it went up

gfy
It's funny because if you HODL'd like the dude wants to you would be in profit

>i-is everyone dead?

I lost $214.80 in bitcoin
Gained 73.39 in litecoin

So I'm down $141 on a $6740 investment.
Now I'm all cash, so going to wait to buy low.

What do you think about IOTA ? Got my buy orders at 1.5, it's a bargain at that price

And it seems pretty vulnerable to crashes too.

Can you give an update on Stellar Lumens XLM?

>All of his calls are for day traders. They don't last for more than 24 hours.
So what??
It's literally better to do 2 trades a day for 3% gain for a week than a 50% gain over 3 months you dummy

it dropped almost 60% from my tweet LOL
go cry somewhere else

>Comfy Friday
Soma is finally on sale for $5.99!
I was going to wait until $5, but good enough.

The problem with Veeky Forums is 90% of the board is clinically retarded and expects to pick the exact bounce point on a one hour chart for one of the most insane markets in history.
Anyway, by now only blind faith cultists believe it inevitably has to bounce and break ATH, protip it doesn't have to do jack shit, no market cares about your memes.

Tell me what price to buy in then.
Litecoin preferably.

BCH ta?

What should we do with ALTS? There are few setting up so fucking nicely, yet BTC is so unpredictable. Do we Tether or what the fuck do we do with them right now.

It's not my thread, I don't make that kinds of calls, ask OP.
But from my perspective, which is to trade and be the first rat off the ship, you've missed the short term trade at 200. If it breaks 255 with volume it's a trade, but who knows how far.
Everything now is a hard grind up against resistance, more than likely it's about to tank back down pretty soon.

Charlie is a chink scammer and litecoin's TRUE value is somewhere between 0 and 4

I will do TA for all the coins in a second just drinking my coffee before I get to work

So far
BTC
BCH
LTC
NEO

OMG and XMR pls

Can you do Komodo please?

TA for REQ?

thoughts? not mine

My TA guy said bounce back at 14k he's mostly never wrong where are you putting a bounceback at??

all the things I hate
>RSI
>MACD
>elliot waves

we dropped to 10800 so he was incorrect as most plebs are

NEO
buy on a breakout (unlikely)
buy in the zones with stoplosses

VEN and POE?

BTC
looking at this downtrend, either we hit the bottom or we're going a lot deeper, I personally think we're going a lot deeper

FUN & STRAT if you wanna
If btc is gonna drop like a rock I guess its irrelevant except maybe identifying potential buy zones

i'm waiting for sub 10k as I already got filled at 11k and 10800

I think around 8k is where it will bottom out

BCH looking like it might blast off, got some .17 fills about 5 btc worth

do LTC now my dude, genuinely curious

Not much to say... It'll definitely dump soon
Charlie lee is a scammer

Just curious TAfag, what's your background? Education, experience?

How long did it take for you to understand these meme lines because they tell me fucking nothing.

XMR and XLM please

I'm glad BTC is going down in want that shit dead

WAVES?!

What do you think now that BTC has jumped off 13k for the last 2 hours? Do you need a 4hr candle of this to be bullish again?

Stellar XLM please

TRX
XRP

please

Went to school on the east coast, worked in finance for a couple years as junior trader/analyst left after seeing little movement upwards and hours were insane for the pay they were giving me

We don't use TA for client ideas, TA is only good for entries not for future price prediction IMO. It's useful for identifying a trend and that's about it. Most of our trades are done based on mathematical models.

ok fine

bearish still i'll be convinced if we cross 14300

ok fine

ARK (also apologize)

So I'm holding some different alt coins I bought a while back, I'm down in terms of BTC value and up in USD. I'm thinking I should sell all these coins back into BTC to lose as little as possible.

Stupid idea? These are just my mess around coins, I'm holding a lot of ETH.

in my opinion we hit an obvious bottom

already did bro, on gdax

Cool, thanks. You seem to know your shit so I like these comfy threads.

It has always recovered before
up until the time it doesn't

What are the horizontal blue/yellow bars?

VPVR
I'm not doubting it's going to recover
Yup, I meant on bitmex though
Thanks! I like doing these threads and yeah I can help some people learn a bit!

What's wrong with RSI and MACD?

If we’re going lower, should I buy some tether, and at what point?

Why do you guys ask for TA on a coin that has gone 300%? What is there to say? Definitely not a buy LOL probably going to bounce off the trendline

TA Fag, let's talk about psychology and rules that you should have as a trader.

How do you prepare for trading, do you have a ritual?
How do you keep your emotions in check, when things don't go as planned?
How do you stay motivated, other than making money?
What did you struggle the most with as a beginner?
How do you recover after taking a hit?
What is your stop-loss on a trade?
How do you control your emotions, after a big day?
What would you advise the most to beginner?
Why do most people fail? Did you ever fail, how did you deal with it?

TRX?

Always love reading your threads, thx TA guy.

What do you think about REQ? Hard to resist picking some up at this price.

Is the crash over, is the bubble over, what the fuck is going on?

IT WAS A NO SURVIVORS CRASH WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Significant divergence on BTC

thoughts on bitcoin now after the first downtrend was broken?

I'm scared are we recovered yet?

let the return to normal fase begin, bulltrap is forming, make the right decision

Also,

How long do you think this cryptocurrency bullish market will exist?

Do you think there will ever be such an incredible opportunistic market ever again?

When do you think it will start being tougher and tougher? With no more moon missions, where shit goes up 10x per month. Recent example ADA, XVG, TRX.. soon probably VEN, STRAT, ICX, etc..

Do we have less than a year, more? How will wall street and other institutions ruin the game?

Wow great questions

>How do you prepare for trading, do you have a ritual?
I usually wake up, shower like a fucking normie and drink some coffee. First thing I do is open the bitcoin charts and say hi to my friends in discord.

>How do you keep your emotions in check, when things don't go as planned?
Keeping my emotions in check is actually easier than you think it might be. On every trade I have a hypothesis; If price reaches X point I'll be correct and close my position and if prices goes below X price (my stop loss) I'll close my position at a loss and move on. I guess the most important thing for me is acting as close to a robot as possible, take my set up even when I'm scared, always be open to being wrong. When I'm 100% convinced in my trade I may use a slightly bigger position size but I rarely stray from my 3-5% of account size maximum for entries.

>How do you stay motivated, other than making money?
I have a love for trading and I've recently found a newfound love in teaching people who are willing to learn! (srs) It also does help that being good at trading is a very lucrative skill.

>What did you struggle the most with as a beginner?
Keeping emtions in check (see above) and not over trading. It's very easy to get into the mentality of needing to "win it all back" especially when trading margin. Eventually, you realize that your previous trade does not determine your career as a trader. For the poker players it is very easy to "tilt" and begin revenge trading and just blow up your account.

I would also say that greed is a killer. Whenever I look at a position that is super profitable and think "fuck me this is a lot of money" it's usually time to close about 25-50% of the position.

>NO SURVIVORS

Plenty of survivors m8 - We all held

Iron hands

...no it isnt
(week 1) 100x1.03=103
(week 2) 103x1.03=106.09
(week 3) 106.09x1.03=109.27
(4) x1.03=112.55
(5) x1.03=115.93
(6) x1.03=119.4
(7) =122.99
(8) =126.68
(9) =130.48
(10) =134
(11) =138
(12) =142

OR
100x1.5 12 weeks later
=$150

The last questions I have is, given crypto market.. do we trade or do we hold?

I know this might be retarded if you are a daytrader, but swing trading on high volume cryptos such as we saw with ADA, TRX, XVG.. will almost definately always work out.

Do you advise to either diversify on these things and hold, given the cirumstances and hype/news coming out = more volume, etc..

Would you rather all in on one coin and hold?

Would you rather all in on a very juicy setup that will gain you at least 25%+ and re-buy the dip? Then move onto something other that is setting up?

What is your exit point? What kind of % do you usually take out. I know that can differ given the price action etc.. but are you satisfied with 20%+ a trade?

Crypto seems crazy and 20% is nothing.. but it does add up ofc.

two 3% trades a day over 1week of work
(1+0.03)^14

100$->151$

one 50% trade over 3months work
(1+0.5)^1
100$->150$

>How do you recover after taking a hit?
You move on. Realistically all you need to do is have good risk management along with a 55% win percentage and you could become filthy rich in a couple of years of consistent trading.

>What is your stop-loss on a trade?
Under critical support zones and psychologically significant zones. Bonus if just under both!

>How do you control your emotions, after a big day?
Find an outlet that allows you to take your mind off trading, that's NOT self-destructive. I personally love the gym so after a trading session, I go to the gym and usually hang out with friends or something. I use to drink a ton but I don't really anymore.

>What would you advise the most to beginner?
Identify a trading style that reflects your personality and perfect it. Copy those who post live trades in the way they set up their trades but do not follow people's twitter calls. Look into risk models and develop your own or you will lose money.

For example, if you like quick, action-based trades look into scalping. If you're like me and like range/swing/trend trading look into trend identification, algorithm identification, and fibonacci retracement levels.

>Why do most people fail? Did you ever fail, how did you deal with it?
I blew up an FX account when I was in my freshman year in college and had to work for about 8 months just to pay off the debt! Most people quit after blowing up their account and never try again. Realistically the first couple of years trading will not be extremely profitable, but you should be learning the entire time. Read as much as you can and copy those who are better than you. My best advice for those whole fail trading is to never use money you cannot afford to lose (like I did). Try to stay out of debt in the first place and you won't have much to worry about.

We're not quite out of the woods yet...

It's hard to time the top in bubbles such as this one 2008 and 2000. Best thing to do is ride the trend for a long as possible.

>the trend is your friend... until it isn't so don't be the house

>Do you think there will ever be such an incredible opportunistic market ever again?
I've never seen anything like this personally, although I didn't trade the 2000 bubble since I was too young. It's hard to say, all speculation and greed at this point.

>When do you think it will start being tougher and tougher? With no more moon missions, where shit goes up 10x per month. Recent example ADA, XVG, TRX.. soon probably VEN, STRAT, ICX, etc..

Once hedge funds introduce HFT in an unregulated market I think it will extremely hard for retail traders to profit. Day traders will be slaughtered.

Do we have less than a year, more? How will wall street and other institutions ruin the game?
See above posts.

Don't know shit about TA but I still appreciate these threads and your twitter for the handicap calls.

Your guppy is turning for the first time since 8000 and you're very bullish? hmmm

So your saying we should tether up if we havent yet?

im saying we are forming a bulltrap, this is the pop of the bubble.

>The last questions I have is, given crypto market.. do we trade or do we hold?
>I know this might be retarded if you are a daytrader, but swing trading on high volume cryptos such as we saw with ADA, TRX, XVG.. will almost definately always work out.
>Do you advise to either diversify on these things and hold, given the cirumstances and hype/news coming out = more volume, etc..
>Would you rather all in on one coin and hold?
>Would you rather all in on a very juicy setup that will gain you at least 25%+ and re-buy the dip? Then move onto something other that is setting up?
>What is your exit point? What kind of % do you usually take out. I know that can differ given the price action etc.. but are you satisfied with 20%+ a tra

I only hold bitcoin and monero. I don't trade many shitcoins. Never all in.

I want to learn your style of TA

Where should I begin?

Books?

Murphy's TA book
Also Algorithmic and HFT byu Cartea is good too for those math based traders

What would you personally say the most informative indicators are that every day trader should learn to use?

TA fag what should I set my buy orders to?

What the fuck should I buy right now?

Looking between FUN, STRAT, ICX, SC, ELF, every shitcoin seems like it's about to moon.

yes, no? definitely?

Are you asking for me personally or in general?

I'll assume personally

I like SuperGuppy and correctly set up Fibonacci Retracement levels. I also use a trend based trading system that you can probably find if you look hard enough.

Bitcoin kill zones are cool too

What will your thinking be if we burst out of the bullflag? Bullish or bearish?