/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - When Rhinos Fly Edition

Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d6)

Creative Advice Sub-Edition

Summary: /hhg/ actually had a good day, Custards (and everyone else) finally got the flying brick they wanted for Christmas years ago, and anons civilly discussed plot and rules.

Previous Bread: >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZllnptrzKOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

word bearers a shit

Fuck worstbearers.
sincerely,
-Warmaster's own

The Thousand Sons did nothing wrong
Magnus did everything wrong, holy shit what a colossal fuck up

magnus did literally nothing wrong

Magnus did several things wrong

Valdor should've stopped Russ

Canis Vertex did nothing wrong

Anons, is there a relatively downplayed bit of your faction that you'd like to see more?
Like, sure DG are resilient but they were also known for carrying mean big blades.
Say what you will but 8E gave chainswords a reason to exist over "I was too poor to afford big boy power weapons". Imagine 20 Tacticals with rad grenades: Deathguard with rad knives.

Speaking of the man who did everything wrong, when's The Crimson King out again?

What do you guys think of these as stand ins for Custodes? Would you still play against them?

I like them better than the actual custard models so that cool. Any new info on the 3 Sicaran variants they are making?

Personally, yes, there's absolutely no confusion about what they're supposed to represent, but you might have trouble in a GW or at any official event.

The Caladius annihilator turret looks so good Fuck

Holy cow, is that an extremely lucky case or FW finally learn to quality control?

All the fresh runs of their new kits look that good. It's when the sculpt is extremely old or the kit has had quite a few runs that you start getting problems.

>FW finally learn to quality control?

I'm pretty sure the guys signing those quality control slips are actually just trained monkeys.

They look a lot more true to the older illustrations, so I'd prefer playing against them myself.

They look tiny, but sure, no problem. Not that the official models are all that expensive.

Space magic. Good for more than just making bikes go faster and mustaches grow longer.

Starting work on the Hetaeron Squad and it's going to take forever.

I feel terrible. I was going to buy Crimson King to share with everyone, but then an unexpected bill came up. It's going to be a week before I can get some more money to buy it. So unless someone else shares (and frankly I'd rather I spent the money than anyone else) it'll be a week before I can buy it and share it with everyone. Very sorry everyone.

Yeah I only want them because they look more like pic related

>Khan has Chogorian features
>Curze has Nostroman features
>Vulkan has Nocturnian features
How did the Emperor explain away this "coincidence"? They all match up with their planet. "Super accelerated Primarch evolution" or something?

Oh damn it's finally out?
No worries man, just knowing that you wanted to share it with everyone is pretty awesome.
My google-fu is failing me right now, but the chances of someone uploading it increases every day it's out

Primarch infants adapt to their environment, moron. Why the fuck do you think Mortarion survived.

Isn't it a little boring to paint 100 bananamen, Custodanon? The colour scheme is so basic and there's not much variation.

Don't worry about it senpai. If you are so tight for money I'm sure someone else will come along eventually.

>Why the fuck do you think Mortarion survived.
Because mortals could survive on Barbarus and Mortarion is a demigod?

DNA dictates not how you will be, but rather how you will react to your environment. Like sunspots, you develop traits when you are exposed to triggers.
Like Khan...turning mongol...in the mongol planet...
And then there's the chaos gods fucking things up just as planned. So it's both.
And what is Curze's genetic trait, anyway? He's just a scary superhobo. He'd fit in Cthonia just the same.

His perfect precognition and constant fear of the future letting him manipulate fear better than anyone-in a galaxy where most things dont feel fear

His trait is clairvoyance. He can see the future in his dreams, but more often than not it usually ends up with him seeing people's deaths or the horrible future that 30k becomes.

Not really. It only gets tedious with little details like spear trim and metal dotting.

I find it really cathartic

Curze's precognition nightmares were faaaaar from perfect, and Sanguinius had prophetic dreams too. In fact he sees both his and the Emperor's death, chaos and tyranids, not to mention the guilt of his sons falling for the red thirst and fighting literal daemons, and braving the ruinstorm TWICE without going crazy.

Aaand on top of that being raised in radfuckistan, Baal, king of mutants and atomic sands.
Nothing was radioactive on Nostromo and it actually had mineral wealth.

How did the SoH use these two different eye symbols? The elongated one is the legion symbol, but what was the circular one?

The Serpent's eye that was the Lodge/Warmasters personal icon.

Are we really going to compare the Chadmarch to the shool shooter? Come on, that's not fair to either of them.

Eh, each planet had their own issues. Nostromo had mineral wealth and had actual cities, yes, but it was also Gotham City: 2edgy4me Edition. Society barely functioned under the sheer amount of violence and cruelty people visited on one another on an hourly basis. I mean, hell, Sevetar grew up living with a flock of flesh-eating crows that he'd feed with the corpses of people he killed. Curze only survived childhood by virtue of being the most dangerous creature on the planet. Riches don't mean much when your neighbor, wife, and the local pastor will gut you like a pig and hang you from the rafters for shits and giggles.

>raised by tribal people with goodness in their hearts to be virtuous and basically the golden hawkman we all have heart-boners for
>raised in a city of comic-book tier over-the-top vice where his choices were kill or rent out his boihole

Jaghatai doesn't actually look very Mongolian except in how he wears his hair. He looks like a Hollywood rendition of a Mongol - basically a tanned Westerner, a Turk at most.

The Raptor's Eye. Before being named Warrmaster, Cthonia and himself were associated to sneks despite being mother and brother to wolves respectively.
Before being First Among Equals, the Favoured Son was:
The Eye of Terra

>why do mortals adapt to Barbarus are they some sort of advanced mortal evolution or something

>He is -- may Scan user forgive me for uttering this word -- a mustachoed Albanian

B-but anons described Baal as Mad Max, with barely functioning societies and even more mutants. Are you saying Sanguinius never wore rags and bandoliers? I always liked to imagine his golden hair behind bullet-loaded straps and sand googles :'(

>liked to imagine his golden hair behind bullet-loaded straps and sand googles
And he would have looked FUCKING BEAUTIFUL with it too!

The Emperor was always right.

>Imagine if, despite being refined by Imperial education, he always kept a spark of rad dweller within
I AM THE WINGS OF JUSTICE
CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH
SING, BROTHER AMIT!
SING, AZKAELLON!
SING, BROTHERS! SING! SIIINNG!!
youtube.com/watch?v=ZllnptrzKOQ

I have the Dramatis personae of Crimson King:

Primarchs -
Magnus

Lorgar

Thousand Sons -
Ahzek Ahriman
Amon
Hathor Maat
Sobek
Menkaura
Sanakht
Tolbek
Ignis

Space Wolves -
Bodvar Bjarki, rune priest of tra

Svafnir Rackwulf, woe-maker of tra

Olgyr Widdowsyn, shield bearer

Gierlothnir Helblind, shield bearer

Harr Balegyr, Beserker

Imperial Personae
Malcador

Yasu Nagesena

Dio Promus, Knight Errant, former Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines

Antaka Cyvaan, former Raven Guard Librarian

Umwelt Uexkull, cybertheurgist, taghmata omnissia

Credence Araxe, Mechanicum Magos, master of Ursarax

Zygman Videns, Mechanicum Magos, statistical prognosticator

Vindicatix, Vorax battle automata

Cesaria Laventure, warden of kamiti sona

Lady Veleda, Cartomancer

Jambik Sosrulo, Migou and son of Lady Veleda

Lemuel Gaumon, former remembrancer

Camille Shivani, former remembrancer

Chaiya Parvati, Survivor of Prospero

> Migou
Yeti or another Cthulhu reference? IIRC A Thousand Sons was pretty thick of Lovecraft callouts.

Mcneil did write a Lovecraft story. And he loves ramming in references so he can go 'did you see that? look what I did!' constantly.

I'm wondering if it's snowman, xeno, or a mutant.

> And it has a MOTHER

I always figured the migou on Terra were a Yeti reference, rather than a Lovecraft one. There's quite a strong Tibetan flavour to what we've seen of 30K-era Terra, particularly around the Imperial Palace (for obvious reasons).

>Dio Promus, Knight Errant, former Chief Librarian of the Ultramarines
>Antaka Cyvaan, former Raven Guard Librarian
>Umwelt Uexkull, cybertheurgist, taghmata omnissia
>Credence Araxe, Mechanicum Magos, master of Ursarax
>Zygman Videns, Mechanicum Magos, statistical prognosticator
>Vindicatix, Vorax battle automata

>>Vindicatix, Vorax battle automata
SKREEEEEEEE in binaric

> Ultramarines Librarian
I bet he has Warp Speed.

And also, isn't Parvati an Indian Goddess?

Aren't the Migou in 30k some sort of Terran culture from the Himalayas? I remember reading about Migou gene-stock ogres from that one short story about the lone Custard breaking into the Imperial Palace.

I'm not sure if much is really known about them. I got the impression that they were some sort of genetically engineered labourer class or something, broadly similar to ogryns.

Waifu of Shiva, mother of Ganesha, sister of Vishnu.
Stereotypical powers of fertility, love, yadda yadda, but also stength.

Well, I thought all TS have either Egyptian or Middle Eastern names, so thought it's little strange.

> And for one second I read his name as Chihaya.

>some spacedogs
wolves going to get called out on their hypocrisy
they're going to get wrecked so bad

I do welcome the variety...but then I remember Prospero isn't a planet. It's only the city of Tizca (which actually sounds southamerican Incan/Nazca) amidst desert and some forest.
Eh, it's good enough.

How do you guys feel about using Javelins to represent Pallas? I really dislike the Custodes vehicles, but the Javelin is pure sex and I'd like a couple in my force.
Converted, obviously, to be piloted by custodes and with replaced weapons.

>Bodvar Bjarki
>Svafnir Rackwulf
>Olgyr Widdowsyn
>Gierlothnir Helblind
Good Emperor, those names...

they all getting pwned anyway

That's more a list of parody Space Wolf names, although I admit I couldn't really do any better. I try to avoid naming things, aside from my Reductor flagship the Outside Context Problem.

>one of the wolves is literally called bark
McNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIL

I'm sure there's fan fiction out there already but it would be interesting to see how the Culture would respond to the Warhammer universe.

Arc Mechanicus no.404 Non Inventum

How many Companies / Chapters / Battle Groups a Legion usually have?

> I want to name my 20th whatever Valeria Victrix

Just finished the Crimson King. Spoilers yo

The Thousand Sons go to prospero where they link up with Magnus' scattered fleet. Amon tasks them to go out and gather all the Magnus shards. They do so and once all his shards are reunited but the one in Arvida, declares for Horus.

A shard of Magnus is bound into Lemuel after Magnus is sharded, and after it is released from him by Malcador's agents, he changes his name to Promeus, one of the founders of the Inquisition. So we know now that Lemuel and Sindermann are two of the first four Inquisitors, and the two male ones.

Thank you kindly for marking the spoilers
You have a hard copy or a soft copy?
If the latter, pls pls pls upload

I thought Arvida became Janus. He reverted into Remuel Arvida or something?

Janus and Promeus were made the same way. Both were created by fusing with Shards of Magnus. I now suspect all of the Grey Knight Founders and first Inquisitors will have Magnus Shards in them.

Wait, it's confusing.
So somehow Magnus shard is separated from Arvida. I get that. So did it re-bound to another guy named Promeus? Or Janus w/o Magnus is Promeus?

Magnus was split into many shards. It opens with the shard on Terra in that primarch House Corax visited in Deliverance Lost. That shard would fuse with Janus. Another shard fused with Promeus. Most of the others fused together to make Daemon-Magnus, who is basically a transcendent C'Tan, but as a Primarch..

Ah, my bad. I was confusing Re'v'uel Arvida and 'L'emuel Gaumon. So 2 different guys then. Then can there be other shards that traitor TS didn't find? Is it that they 'believe' they found all the shards or literally found all of them except 2?

spoilers my man, pls no

varies greatly across the legions.

Death Guard had 7 massive companies while Pollux is captain of the 405th IF company.

>Death Guard had 7 massive companies
dude like Nurgle lmao

Sir, why do you keep your bodyguards 7x7 steps behind you?

Do you think Mortarion's autisim flared up when people reminded him he wasn't the seventh Primarch of the seventh Legion?

Because 7 is prime, like me.
>DG aren't the 7th legion
GW wants a word with you.

Well, he got to be 7+7th Primarch of the 7+7th Legion, so twice as much 7s!

Dunno, seems crude but try it out. Most likely problem is that Custodes crew are too big

Koch is pronounced 'Coke'

And once again my firearm autism has prevented me from enjoying another tiny tidbit of a movie I actually like.

>I got the impression that they were some sort of genetically engineered labourer class
This is confirmed in The Outcast Dead as well.

Koch as in heckler & koch?

because it isn't.

are Scyllax spam with 4 attacks on charge and 6s generating extra attacks not a thing to be scared of?

>tfw people actually think they look better than the ones we have from GW
>tfw it's always because of the stupid fucking robes

Also the GW ones are very broad. Less so than Terminators, but we were expecting something slimmer, more elegant.

What said. I wanted the sculpt to be less clunky and more predatory. The current models are gorilla-armed torsoless freaks.

>Jambik Sosrulo, Migou and son of Lady Veleda

Actually more interested in this than anything else if they mention how ogryns came about/are made.

Also:

Already can tell this will be the most in depth personality of the book.

I actually don't care about the robes it more the helmets being less busy and kabuki versions looking less stocky like said

Well, I wasted my one perfectly good day off. Hour and ten minute trip to the Games Workshop to try out 8e and found that they'd dedicated one table to the starter set (reasonable), another two to Sigmar games (What?!) and the one remaining one to displaying the newbie demo games that wasn't touched all day. Decided fuck this and got the early train home, and now it's stuck thanks to a signalling problem and I've got an hour and a half in a hot standing room box to look forward too. Sodding hell. I need to find a better LGS.
/blog, sorry for venting.

They'd probably get Special Circumstance'd out of existence pretty damn quickly, those guys don't fuck around. Still, I would pay money to see Gurgeh vs. Pertuarbo on those gaming tables the IVth used. That would be a match for the ages. Hell, Azad sounds like 40k but undergoing continuous rule revisions throughout the game, they even brought in extra boards for Death From the Skies in later rounds :)

Maybe that should be the name of my third HQ.

Archmagos Xander Treides, commander of the Galleass of War Outside Context Problem and designer of the Filiketos-class gunship.

Magos Reductor Canaris, who leads the troops and fights the naval battles.
Secutarii Axiarch Morat Gurgeh, commander of the void troops and liason with:

House Malinax contingent:

Seneschal Nestor, Knight Atrapos
Scion Arbalester Priam, Knight Castigator
Scion Uhlan Ichabod, Knight Acheron
Scion Martial Selket, variable Questoris chassis

That's a decent contingent, and most of the names are more-or-less appropriate.

Hero of the fucking story right here. Beep boop, bitch.

Falsehood. It's a German thing, the "ch" is pronounced like the Spanish J or the last bit of "cough". Heckler & Kough Kough.

Fair enough then, I actually prefer the stockiness myself, makes them look solid.

>It's a German thing, the "ch" is pronounced like the Spanish J or the last bit of "cough". Heckler & Kough Kough.
user, please stop. The German "ch" is pronounced like the English "sh" or "k", and the Spanish "J" is pronounced like the English "H"

According to H&K it's pronounced "Coke" like the soda, this is because the actual pronunciation is very close to "Cock" like what OP generally sucks.

What's the point of Templar Brethren? They cost as much as termies, on paper are shittier compared to them, and cost more to get into melee.

In two weeks or so.

It better be worth that 2 year delay