/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Author Hijack Edition

Prior Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Alright kids, time for an update on Traveller.

Currently we have 48 slots for the final completed companion PDF to be filled in, to be fair I'm going to take everything, narrow it down to 150 characters and from there we're gonna have a vote to see who gets in. Character Collecting will be done June 20th at the stroke of midnight. From there I'll be working on the 2.0 which will include a Otate moral system and a few other additions. Everything not put in will be stored for future use. As will anything submitted from after that point. I'm also taking any suggestions so feel free to drop me a line.

God speed anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaPzN2gD3PQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And the Companion page.

Put me in the cyoa you dumb muzzie

Don't you talk to my wife that way you dirty heathen.

Hey, check it out. I finally chose the pics to use. To clarify, you can grab three of these bad boys, though it'll be a blind pick until I write stuff for them maybe tomorrow.

>moral
Like alignment?

Leaking Dragoness Spare Parts.

I like how you have a colorized version of that Fallout 4 picture

How big of a change will 2.0 be?

Blinds: Leaking, The Law, Spare Parts

>love making traveler builds
>turning them into the picture template is a pain in the ass

life is suffering

How many characters have you collected so far?

>That skeleton
WHAT'S IN HER PANTS
THOSE AREN'T BONES

>NEET Wish Fulfillment
>Contemplating Peacefulness
>Feline Affection

Anyone remember this one?

I found myself inspirated to make a CYOA, however I have some troubles regarding the point distribution. How do you handle them in your CYOAs? What are the mechanics you found yourselves defaulting to?

The fact that you'll continue to save builds even after the Allies Extended pdf is done is gonna to keep me coming back and re-reading your CYOA and thinking up new builds forever. Thank you for making Travelers Tale and all the work you put into it.

Should I feel bad abkut being completely uninterested in traveller's tale?

>A valentine to die for
>Very serious debate
>Littlest Girl

KISS. Keep it Simple Simon....or Stupid, whichever you prefer.

Ask yourself "Do I need points in this cyoa?" "Will it make the cyoa better or more indepth?"

Whatever you decide on points make sure that there are a few options to spend left over points on, if you're doing more then 1pt / option/tier. Nothing more annoying then having left over points and nothing to spend them on.

I liked the few I saw that were 1pt per tier with usually 3 tiers of powers/stuff. Also GiftedAnon did a good job with point spreads in his Gifted and Super Soldier (remake & original) cyoas. You can look at Tokhaar's dark elf slave one for a really bad and confusing way to do points.

Also you have to decide between universal points and points for various sections. More point types = more work for the player and can detract from the cyoa but can be necessary depending on how you've got various sections set up. e.g. points for items vs powers. etc..

Actually forgot to add the last bit to the page I posted yesterday
One type of points for equipment/powers, one for personality/skills, probably.

Actually, never mind, I copypasted the bit in the wrong place. I'll fix it when I remake the 2nd page

Somewhat obvious advice incoming, but still needs to be restated. The system needs to match the...mood of your CYOA more than anything. High-point, high-math systems are fine (assuming you've the #crunch chops to pull it off), but only if you're setting out to make a mathy system. Extremely loose, low-# systems can be just as impactful and can give just as much inspiration for character building, but only if you've designed the system to do just that.

While my expertise is more in P&Ps than CYOAs, I think a lot of the same advice holds true. Hero system is great for creating a certain flavour of campaign--and building characters for it is great if you've got a calculator and some spreadsheets. FAE has basically no math, but can produce just as realized characters. Apocalypse World has an entirely different relationship between #s and players. You'll see very different campaigns coming out of each.

What sort of CYOA are you planning? And how do you want people to approach building a character for it?

Baby dragoness, Pancaray, and... well, there's no obvious way to get a choice with big breasts in it, so I'll go with Contemplating Peacefulness.

>not using the 'murica pic
Nigger.

Good fucking luck man, looking forward to your work.

This cyoa is mandatory.

Remember it? Well, it does seem a little familiar

blind picks: Feline Affection
VERY angry plant (gotta pick my suggestion)
and The Law

>Spare parts
>Littlest girl
>Contemplating peacefulness

>RichNEET Dragon

>Money
>Cornucopia
>The Princess
>Really Bitchin' Fitness Course
>Katana Collection
>Magic Artifact
>Smug Anime Faces
>Magical Leyline

>Strength 3
>Immortality 2
>Element 0; Cold
>Form 1
>Scales 3
>Extra Tail

>Manse
>Saber
>Butler
>Maid

>Public Unrest level 1
Manse negates this. Suck it.

>Lethargy
>Smug AI
>Miserable Families
>The Prince
>Otherking
>Wytch
>The Wizard
>Lancelot
>Josiah Jofag

I see no way I could possible lose out on this setup. Hell, I'll even let jofag crash at the pad. Their description doesn't say they're coming for the mask.

¿∀pS

You brilliant bastard.

What's the appeal of waifu options in cyoas? Why is there never an option to bring your gf along instead?

>3DPD

Leave.
2D>3DPD
You should know this by now.

Weak b8, back to normiebook

Why would you bring your gf with you? Why can't you accept escapism?

Why do you bring your gf to a setting where she doesn't exist and you're not isekai'd?

If you loved your girlfriend so much why do the cyoa? If your girlfriend was so good why isn't she your waifu instead of your grilfriend, you hack.

We need a sexual identification cyoa

>What's the appeal of waifu options in cyoas?
>Why is there never an option to bring your gf along instead?
>If your girlfriend was good why isn't she your waifu instead of your girlfriend, you hack.

Wizened Hag
Pseudodragon

The Spirit
The Winds

Detector
Breath Weapon (Lightning)
Sturdy
Telepathic

Sage

The Great Storm

It might be cool to help the old woman, as well as gain a great deal of knowledge for myself. She'll probably need a bit of protecting as well, which I can handle well enough. Of course, when the storm hits, who better to restore people's faith and hope than a lucky bronze sky dragon?

I always take my significant other with me when the option is there in a CYOA.

If not I sometimes have her play it with me so we can pick a waifu together.

i usually put that option there, the problem is that almost nobody here can take advantage of it

>Why would you bring your gf with you? Why can't you accept escapism?

I know this is bait, but people with girlfriends or whatever it is they want to link sexual organs with still enjoy escapism too

Is the base number of Boons 0?

Do what I do, just give the person you want with you an entire build of their own, or even make it for them yourself, and then assume things work out so you meet up.

>all those fucking gw2 icons
dropped; this is way, WAY too distracting for me

Eschew everything else, take mobile house and nighttime shades and I have the perfect excuse to stay over at any woman's place for the night.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONES
I JUST realized something.
SDA can't be BioWare or whateverthefuck...
He's Bethesda!
BetheSDA!
HOW did I not see that??
Played like a fiddle...

Quick! Pick 10 cyoas that you want turned into a video game and by what developers.

I want any SDA cyoa, but made by Illusion

Dark God - Triumph Studios, written by Rhianna Pratchett, like Overlord was.
Star Dust, including Soldier of the Stars - Hideo Kojima
Time of Troubles - Paradox
Child of Metal - Double Fine
Kung Fu Cult - what used to be Bioware
Dominant - AliceSoft
Quiet - also Hideo Kojima
Supersoldier - Warren Spector
Necromancer - Obsidian
Solar Inheritance - Amplitude Studios

Just off the top of my head I'd want Hero Academy by Atlus

Obsidian doing Vampire King.

It'd be buggy and overly ambitious but then so are a lot of the games that I like.

This is a /r9k/ colony, you're not allowed to have any real human contact here, let alone a girlfriend.

I'll give you 5.

Royal Revival by Spike Chunsoft
Star Dust by From Software
Pokemon Personified by Platinum Games
Traveller by Bethesda
Broquest by Wayforward or Zerolabs

>Traveller by Bethesda

Done

>cyoa gives you superpowers
>doesn't fix your obesity

SHINEEEEEEE, BAKAYARO!!

>CYOA gives you super speed
>You're too retarded to stand and place, then vibrate yourself at a fast rate to shed off your fat.

>cyoa makes you perfectly immortal
>eternally stuck as a fatty

>he doesn't want to have super powers despite his weight
>he doesn't want to make the world grateful to a morbidly obese man
>he doesn't want to see people struggle with reconciling their contempt and admiration
>he doesn't want to become a hentai doujin main character

Urban Unease and The Village

>Highly Serious Debate
>Littlest Girl
>Spare Parts
I am contractually obligated to pick the fetish options.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaPzN2gD3PQ

>be obese
>refuse superpowers because you're obese
>some guy calls you and your family elephants
>can't catch him to punch him
>boy you sure wish you had those superpowers now

War of the Zodiac Brides - Atlus
>Hero Academy by Atlus
mah nigga

Honestly, people would love him. Fat guys don't get a lot of hate if they have a good personality, especially if they're funny. Wouldn't help him with the girls much, sure, but they wouldn't hate him.

>what is shapeshifting
Become the little girl.

But you're still ugly on the inside.

Obesity isn't on the inside.

it kind of is, at least in the majority of cases it's because of bad personal habits and general weakness of character

Why are you tripfagging?

because he's a faggot

blind:

Spare parts, Baby dragoness, and...

I kinda want neet but then feline hmmm. oh then peacefulness.....

Ugh. Lets go with peacefulness. And I hope spare parts isnt about being a loli.

Never Ever.

Good.

Also never ever urban fantasy from quiet user

Wait another month. It'll happen whether you like it or not.

Italics will force it on /cyoag/ like rape.

Why do the Pokemon have to be personified?

>reeeeeee new content reeeeeeee

because waifus apparently

Because cucking is always personal

>cucking
Just because you annoyingly repeat something doesn't make it a meme or true.

No, but it does mean he's autistic enough to argue it for 500 posts and crash the thread with no survivors. Sometimes you just gotta let it go.

Just because you consistently deny something doesn't mean it's false.

>Argue it for 500 posts and crash the thread with no survivors
Italics never done that though.

user it doesn't work like that.

He doesn't even need to post, his very existence does that.