/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Mending the Dragon edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except Reman

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vvLDLusWXBI
youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Before_the_Ages_of_Man
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Hammerfell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vivec is a homo faggot

Old news

So, what are Jills and where are they mentioned?

Wonder who will be the new emperor.

Someone that the Thalmor wont like and then start a war over it.

Due to low fertility thalmor aint gonna replenish their numbers in next century for another large scale war. Unless they can get new alies/divide&control men just need to fuck like crazy and maintain friendly relation with each other.

Close, he's the Sex Death of Language.

Argonians to rule us all when?

I would take banana over scalytits any day.

Ayy, glad you took my advice and made the thread on saturday.

And?

By the time of Skyrim it's been 30 years since the great war and Tullius prepares for a second when the civil war is over. Outbreeding them has definitely been the plan from the start.

You guys think next game the new war will be happening in the background or we will skip over it?

Where were you when zenimax rented shrek from dreamworks?

Which ending to the skyrim civil war is canon? Imperial victory?

I assume Imperial. But I bet you warp of the west tier will happen again

It's hard to rule over anything from here

Female dragons, servants of Akatosh who mend the timeline after dragon-breaks. Mentioned in pre-release Skyrim promotional material, the Nu-Mantia Intercept, Nu-Hatta of the Sphinxmoth Inquiry Tree and the 500 Companions.

I'll check that, thanks

THREADLY REMINDER that this is the OFFICIAL theme song of Pelinal

youtube.com/watch?v=vvLDLusWXBI

I want to fuck a Jill.

?

So do the Nibenese basically look like magic Sicilians?

Jesus I threw that image together a couple years ago. Didn't think anyone saved it.

Oh cool, she made a tree fort.

Has anyone else played Legends?

It doesn't add anything of value to the lore, but the artwork is phenomenal and the game play isn't bad either.

What does he do during "Crusade" times?

Elf killing

y-yeah...
tree fort...

>Has anyone else played Legends?
A bit. I'm around level 20 or something, and I've finished the main story.

I find the art to be kind of hit or miss, with an emphasis on miss.
Most of the time it doesn't really have much of an identity, it's just "generic fantasy art #895", to the point where some particularly bad cards don't even look like TES at all. The Orc cards are particularly inconsistent.
A lot of the armours are very ESO-esque, with is also not a style I'm particularly fond of. It feels like a lot of it is a pretty paint-by-number approach.

But overall it's okay, it's just not my preferred style. Some of the good ones are really nice, like a lot of the player portraits.

And speaking of art, you just reminded me of that time they were caught for just painting over a movie still.

Mediterraneans in general I'd say. Nibenese give off a heavy Greek vibe.
There are other influences as well though.

There is a literal dragon break as part of the main quest, so I would not be surprised.

On another note, which TES game do you think has the best dialogue? Morrowind has a lot of good written material, but most of what NPCs will say are stock answers. Oblivion has NPCs talking to each other and occasionally saying interesting things, but the dialogue is often random ("What's new with you?" "Be seeing you.") Most Skyrim NPCs only have a few stock phrases to say to the player character, not even random rumors like in Oblivion, but they will sometimes have interesting conversations with a few other NPCs, depending on the NPC in question. The quality of voice acting (where it exists) for all the games is pretty debatable.

What are some (in your opinion) well designed locations in TES games? (doesn't just have to be settlements, can be dungeons or whole regions aswell)

I nominate Gnisis. It's a perfect example of a Dunmer village built around a temple compound. It's got a small outdoors market and cave dwellings for the paupers. It's not as iconic as Seyda Neen, Vivec, Balmora or Ald'Ruhn but I'd definitely say it is THE perfect example of a Dunmer village.

why not just conscript wood elf and khajiit slaves

there's only so many khajiit and bosmer willing to die for them, altmer are still the bulk of the fighting force

most likely the main quest will involve the beginning of the second great war

And things that look like elves to him

I'd assume it's going to be a Nord victory to get the Empire on the ropes and then the next game will be about a light in the darkness or some shit idk

I'd say Oblivion, just because Skyrim's voiced dialogue irritated me more often than the repeating mudcrab conversations ever did. The bad accents, the problem of overused voices getting even worse despite having more voice actors, the two kids that sound like someone just put them in a booth alone with a script for a couple hours...

>300 year old vampire can't pronounce alchemy

Skyrim with RDO installed.

I hope they just timeskip and have the Dominion destroyed or under new management. Say the dragonborn came in with a bunch of dragons and settled things before flying off to Oblivion or something. The Thalmor weren't compelling enough villains that I want to see them again, especially as main antagonists.

They're going to skip it because TESVI will be out in like 6 years or so and nobody will give a single flying shit about the Thalmor then.

The thalmor would be great villians if they were presented as anything other than ebil elf nazis.
Their lore is okay but there's got to be a way to have them be exciting without alienating the normie audience.

weekly reminder that hircine is the BEST prince and you are a fucking faggot if you disagree

instead of le ebil nazis just make them more like american liberal 'social justice warriors'

normies would find it funny, and some would end up siding with them

>thalmor
>using daedric alphabet

is there an aedric one?

Did they really ride guar?

I always got a worker animal vibe from them, like a cow.

But user, we already have Stendarr Justice Warriors.
Threadly reminder that any sort all problems in society can be blamed on the deadra and the daedriarchy.

Vivec is a tranny

hold up the moons are screwed up

aaaaa

youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

One of the few role-play-y things I did in skyrim was murder these fucks every time I came across them.
>t. Dunmer

I always do the same. I like to roleplay my dunmer character
I had to break from it the first time I actually interacted with a Thalmor patrol
>Do you worship Talos?
>No "no" option
>They attack me no matter what I say

What do Jills look like? Just like male dragons?

>one page on the UESP claims these are dwemer runes
>another claims they are Aylied runes

Which is it? I'd find it interesting if the Dwemer script was actually common among Aylieds, even if they had their own language. It'd imply that in that region of Tamriel it could be considered a lingua franca.

Both Ayleid and Dwemer have connections with the original Ehlhofey of Tamriel:
>Wild Elves, also known as the Heartland High Elves, preserved the Dawn Era magics and language of the Ehlnofey.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Before_the_Ages_of_Man
>Perhaps, then, the "brilliant students" of the titanic Ehlnofey mentioned in the Anuad are the Dwarves, and that their giant masters gave them this sobriquet.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Hammerfell

Elven runes are very similar, those runes are gonna look like whatever you want them to look like.
But since those were writen by Aurorans, who have a connection with the ayleid through Meridia, I don't see why they would be dwemer.

Thalmor interactions seem like they were written under the assumption the player would only ever be a pro-Talos Nord.

>no daedra option for Dunmer/Orcs
>no Hist option for Argonians
>no drugs option for Khajit
>no "are you fucking kidding me" option for Altmer

I really wish there were more times in the games where it actually acknowledged what race you were.

Suran's great. The town is basically a thin strip that goes uphill. And it has a fucking strip club.

>replace one unimaginative boogeyman with another
Fuck you Todd, just make the Thalmor interesting instead of SJW nazis.

Guars are basically cows. They graze, they're used for milk, meat, hides and as pack animals. The only animals that Dunmer use for transport are giant bugs. You might be able to use multiple guar to pull a carriage though.

>daedriarchy
kek

Dragons with feathers.
Fun fact: I've seen some people, in response to female dragons being jills, call male dragons jacks.

>Bretons even after decades are boring, still generic European only with a few celtic symbols slapped on
>even the Nords and Imperials are more boring in their presentation than they were implied in earlier lore

Why are humans so boring? Our only hope are the Redguards.

Hey wiz, how's lore. And Nanosteam?

>Our only hope are the Redguards
Yeah, right.

I am angry about the vampire cards
had to redo that quest/mission thing because of those fuckers, along with all their other undead cousins

Do the leaders have the Substance Abuse trait?

>Atmorans kill all the Elves in Atmora
>Atmora eventually freezes over, essentially killing everyone

>Yokudans kill all the Elves in Yokuda
>Yokuda is utterly destroyed and everyone there dies

Is it just me or is there a pattern of men chimping out, killing all the Mer on the continent and then having said continent be destroyed/turned to shit

>Tsaesci eat all the Men in Akavir
>Akavir is fine
Based.

The Underking had servants and opposed necromancers, right? I doubt any of his followers continued on after his death, but if they did, what would they be like?

I find the Underking interesting as an essentially undead being that opposed Mannimarco, and am curious about how that works or reflects on his followers.

>Akavir is fine
Is akavir not just like warhammer with more beast races?

I imagine they would either reorganize themselves into a Talosian cult or some kind of Numidiumism sect.

Which race do you consider it the hardest to roleplay as each games champion?

>roleplaying in ES vidya

>reflects on his followers

theyre probably all dead

its very likely that a lot of the info on akavir in the game is metafiction, or in other words bullshit even in the games universe.

I'm going to play a damn kung fu fist-fighting restoration doctor and you won't stop me.

>I w-will imagine this orange I'm eating is an apple, they are both fruits and juicy
You do you user but you are wrong and go fuck yourself. STOP ENJOYING YOURSELF!

There's absolutely nothing you can do to stop me.

I never noticed before how ashlander camps have a dug in Silt Strider.

Also odd how ashlanders don't actually live in the ashlands. Grazelanders would be more accurate.

>playing TES games the way Toddler wants you to

Does the hand on the forehead warpaint mean anything for dunmer

That's a symbol used by the Tribunal Temple, probably an appropriation of an even older Dunmer (or Chimer) symbol. Perhaps pious warriors (whatever their faith may be) use it.

Yo are there any pdfs that convert elder scrolls creatures n shit to 5.ed dnd?

But why would you want to do that user?

Playing through my first elder scrolls game atm, have a few questions. First, what is Sithis? Is he actually real or is he just something the dark brotherhood thought up?
Secondly, is it revealed why most of winterhold got swallowed up in-game? I don't really feel like going through the College of Winterhold quests as I have no magic schools leveled.

>Sithis
Sithis is believed to be the nothingness that contrasted Anu and Padomay's creation. For something to exist, there needed to be nothing. Sithis is nowhere, he doesn't exist inside the creation paradigm, he is everything that is left out. Sithis doesn't act, doesn't do anything, complete stillness.

Dark Brotherhood on the other hand, are faggots who serve Mephala without knowing. They were formed out of the unethical, greedy and sadist members of Morrowind's Morag Tong. Mephala, being the douchebag she is, probably wanted to fuck with Morag Tong who worshipped her in accordance to ancient Chimer religion. Alas, such are Daedra, they fuck with you for shits and giggles.

>Winterhold
Nothing is known yet and quests don't mean anything, nor are they interesting. Thieves Guild is far superior to College quests.

>First ES
>Skyrim
Kek

>game encourages you to create a character
>not coming up with even basic explanations for why a character is as they are in terms of skills and stats

Cuz i like the universe and i think if theres decent roleplaying + stories it makes for excellent adventures

Yeah that's all fine but why DnD.5thE? Just play literally ANYTHING else.

There's the UESRPG. You don't need D&D.

Arena: unsure

Daggerfall: unsure

Morrowind: Argonian - all the dunmer will look down on you even more, it makes little sense for you to assist any dunmer organization and even less sense for the nevarrine not to fuck off and let the dunmer suffer.

Oblivion: unsure

Skyrim: Altmer, since TLD is in direct confrontation with the Thalmor, it would be unlikely that an Altmer would recognise his destiny, and even less so since they probably wouldn't believe in dragonborn nord nonsense.

Why would i play something thats WIP and not playtested (to my knowledge) instead of something i have a hardcover edition of

Because TES is only generic fantasy on the surface

I can insert TES lore very easily within the dnd rules

Because it's made for TES and it's magic system and it's weaponry, whereas D&D is intended for D&D magic and races and classes.

Yeah just homebrew over D&D on the fly with a massively different universe, world, lore, physics, magic, technology and knowledge to your base, what could go wrong
Your game will be homebrew either way, just trying to stop you struggling like a cunt in your first sessions when your making up stats on the fly

>tfw altmer have been your favorite race since Morrowind and now all the Skyrim kiddies have made it impossible to talk about them because you'll open a rabbit-hole of idiocy

it amazes me how so many Stormfags don't get that the Altmer are meant to be Nazis, so they keep posting pics of Thalmor as that dumb happy merchant pic