Kingdom death: monster

I want to talk about KD:M some more but i never made an OP for a "general"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNLc8dHv0Ac
mega.nz/#!8uBgnSSb!LdC-1mJLu7Kp00k9oZKIpjsfIDNinEuOpBprKbnprs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How badly did you fuck up your first playthrough?

I see this game mentioned pretty often. What is it? How do I buy it? The KD website doesn't seem to to offer a place to actually buy the game, just individual models and special editions.

KD:M's essentially Monster Hunter in a horrible hellscape, combined with some light civilization-building elements. The actual core game is made in limited runs -- hence the constant Kickstarter campaigns. If you want to play it, either shell out for a copy someone's reselling or get Tabletop Simulator and download the KD:M mod.

wipe by prologue lion

>wipe by prologue lion
Twice?

Not even once.

Within a week and a half I will be ready to start my first playthrough, though. I'm somewhere between excited and nervous. But it's the first time, after all.

Somebody told me the female faces actually look okay when painted decently. Can somebody post proof?

you succumbed to TTS or did you ebay or find a friend to play it with?
previous thread had a horrible painted mini (art style lul) but the face looked great and it resembled the concept art

I printed out the entire contents of this zip file somewhere on the internet and then bought as many original miniatures from ebay as possible, and as a token of support to Poots in general, I bought as many expansions from the web store as I could afford.

I've been doing this for at least a year.

Soon. So very soon.

what the shit.

why not just kick start satan and play in 4 months?

>when you buy nearly 170 dollars worth of goods during Poots magical memorial day sale
>when you have yet to get a confirmation email or shipping notice a week later

Guys... I'm getting worried here. Does it really take Poots a week to pack up 3 small litho boxes and a larger pinup pack? I just want to paint some more ;-;

paint your backlog

Can someone post more cute KDM art? I have a mighty need after seeing the genki matchmaker.

That and I too wish to talk about kingdom death

My poorfag-o-meter is over 9000 and I never have large amounts of disposable income in one big chunk.

Slowly and steadily, one step at a time I have been able to gather all the essential pieces for playing.

Call this misdirected devotion if you wish. I'm in no position to argue that.

Poots is doing all this stuff with a small team from a tiny office. And he has probably a thousand plus orders.

KD has a fairly long turn around time from putting stuff into the cart to when it gets shipped. Especially during sales. Do as says and paint your backlog. If you don't have a backlog, you are either lying or some kind of mystical wizard.

i always go for this.

also
is it possible to get a poster of this?
or is it a tiny image?
i really want a big ass intimacy poster.

oh he definitely has a backlog.

hell, even if i go through my huuuuge backlog i actually have a secret backlog which i never intend to actually do which is a dwarf and undead army from the first kings of war game, still in the shipping boxes. there is 0 interest in my country for it.

and after all that i would probably paint my x-wing mini's

as for now. i will probably start painting my 40k backlog because of the new edition. BUT I CANT START FOR SOME REASON.
I want to get better way better at painting so i can make KD:M my masterpiece. but i dont know which tutorial i should go with and blending is daunting.

Anyone have this game in Vancouver looking for more players?

Make sure you have the right among of card types, most card scans won't mention how much if each card you need

if we doing this.

anyone in the netherlands ?

I found a detailed part/card amount list from boardgamegeek or somewhere. I have to accept the possibility of tiny amount of error, but I'm quite meticulous and research-y when it comes to matters such as these.

Though I try to optimize a little bit, too. It bugs me that I printed out way too many survivor status cards when fI didn't know yet that one would do just fine. First world problems and all that.

>Kingdom Death art
>The woman doesn't have huge tits

Yes. Don't worry. They are extremely inefficient but ultimately deliver.

will poots fix nemesis encounters so you dont have to send out 4 chubs to die?

not even talking about the butcher since he actually has a shitty thing happen if you lose the fight

Did someone order from Legion Forge recaster? How are their recasts?

Is there monster rape in this game?

>is there [fetish] in this game?

thank you Yoda-poster for saving me the effort!

Getting up to the pheonix for the first time, how puckered should my asshole be?

L1 Phoenix isn't that bad. It's about on par with L2 Lion / Antelope; if you can kill those a L1 Phoenix is doable. It does, of course, have things that will fuck you up if you don't know about them, and you don't currently know about them and therefore will get fucked up by them, but otherwise it's a reasonable and winnable fight.

Have a painted phoenix.

Neat but i already had that paint in another folder somewhere.

what should i be on the lookout for exaclty? or is this a part of hte FUN?

I want to be crushed by her thighs while I please her with my tongue.

ABJOBS SON!!! honestly I think the female apotheosis model is my favorite of the non-game/non-pinup variety. Barring a few standouts

A goodly choice for being the true form of the Children of the Stars, ascended at the end of hte campaign!

Yes, he has stated multiple times that he intends on fixing the issue of sending four mooks to wiff a nemesis. However he hasn't said that he's going to nerf Run Away, since that can be used to suffer even fewer losses against a nemesis.

Use Rawhide Headband and Catseye Circlet, and you should be fine.

Literally zero instances of rape in the game.

So there's two spear-axes, one grand-sword, and one dagger-fist and tooth.

Are there any other... "combo" weapons in the game? I'd think the Whistling Mace would be a whip on top of a hammer, but no...

TEchnically everything would be with the lantern armor set bonus, yeah?

there's also the melee bow in the sunstalkers too right?

Also, hey could keep tabs on the syore page. Core reprint and 1.5 update packs are slated for end of August/mid-September, so extra copies might go up for Halloween or Black Friday.

Went with Survival of the Fittest, didn't know Face Painting existed.

Which K:D figure/s is/are gonna have the Yasuda-style look to it? Any pics of said prototypes?

The What style?

>playing kingdom death on tabletop simulator yesterday with some folks
>one person who should not have been allowed to name characters was allowed to name characters
>among other inappropriate names, he named one character Trump
>we then made it our mission to get Trump killed
>and we failed, every time
>plague? rolls right off him
>sacrifice him to the armored strangers? pfft they broke an innovation
>we threw him in a triathlon event with three other survivors who outclassed him in every stat
>the event was basically each survivor rolls a d10 and adds their stat, highest result wins the contest, three contests
>if one person loses all three contests they get kicked out of the settlement
>and of course, inevitably, Trump won 2 of the 3 contests, taking 2nd on the last one
>including the debate contest
>of course Trump, with zero understanding, would out debate our all-star team with 4 to 5 understanding each
>in surviving all of these trials and tribulations Trump accumulated a large number of stat bonuses and benefits, and we ended up unfortunately needing to bring him onto the team
>we brought him into the King's Man fight
>in this fight, Trump did at least half the damage; his dice continued to be on fire
>he ate two -- TWO -- severe head injuries and natural 10'd both of them
>but then his story came to a close, as he landed the final blow on the King's Man and Trump succumbed to the King's Curse
>and now Trump's body is slowly turning into that of a King's Man
>he is becoming the very thing he killed

...meme responsibly, gentlemen
meme responsibly

I thought you had to spend your settlement action point whatevers (the name fucking escapes me right now) to craft gear. So, like, only making 3-4 new pieces of gear a year TOPS.

Forever-Safe Town had a hard life...

The Yasuda-esque style .

As in, based off the style of the artist for Digimon: Cyber Sleuth, Durarara, Yozakura Quartet and Danmachi.

>XD
tts was a mistake

It's incredibly difficult to translate the intricacies of a particular anime style into this small of scale in 3d.

The nose would be an very fine bump at miniature scale; the rest would be face proportions/angles.

If anything, the eye area would be kinda blank and unsculpted and take to just being painted on.

Would be an adventure to attempt, which other figures were revealed with similar looks to ?

who/what is your favorite nemesis?

Mines the Manhunter. I love his gear and the whole grim and gritty cowboy look he go going on

Fuck off you are not wanted here.

KDM is sentient, I swear.

Ouch....

Depends on the group. Lion Knight for the times I game with theatre majors, and Slenderman at all other times.

>this fetish game should only appeal to MY fetishes
Get fucked

i just hope he makes them slightly easier. i know that sounds nooby but i just dont see how you can prepare on time currently.

besides that of course the rewards and defeats should be higher. or he could just do the latter and force you to kill of your 4 most experienced survivors in order to try and not get fucked.

Thats a bow that can be used in melee, but doesn't have a second weapon type I don't believe.

There's been some speculation that Cats Eye might be getting a change to make it easier to obtain. Other than that, just have to wait and see.

that seems lame.

just give us more items that manipulate the deck. just look at magic's cantrips for ideas.

Why are you actively trying to deter people who are interested in buying the game when it goes to retail? Like why are you being the kind of elitist prick that gate keeps for no reason?

Personally, I would like if its effect was moved over to part of the Rawhide set, with Cats Eye instead getting an effect that boosts the lion set or katar effects.

The Cats Eye effect is pretty much mandatory for a successful campaign, which makes White Lions pretty much mandatory for a successful campaign, unless EVERY Node 1 monster gets a replacement (Gorm gets one, but its not as good.) Moving it to the Rawhide set reinforces the Rawhide set as a support armor set, as well as making the effect availible in all campaigns and craftable with basic resources.

Because as long as offer doesn't go up demand shouldn't go up either. We are full, releases have not enough units for everyone, scalpers and recasters are killing this game because its popularity is growing but Poots is doing nothing in response. So fuck off.

I still don't get it, does this game actually exist or is it all up in the air and the lewd minis are the only physical feature of it?

The game exists, and a new production run is currently underway.
The lewd miniatures are essentially a side line that helps fund other things.

The first production run sold out much quicker than Poots imagined (not surprising given that it's a $400 box).
The 2nd run is probably going to be a fair bit larger, meaning that the stock should last longer.

Expansions are the same, new runs are being done, they're not all out of stock yet, but most are gone at present.

I always thought the dragon should have green innards, since it's a living, breathing nuclear reactor.

Dung Beetle knights are just cool enemies to me. They're fucking wretched and disgusting while having a sort of nobility.

Its been out for over a year. Its just out of production. The latest kickstarter was to fund a better production line to KEEP the game in print.

So get mad at Poots for not meeting demand with supply. Not someone asking an innocuous question because you didn't get your titty mini.

I'm sorry about . user. He's just a bit of a cunt. KDM isn't an exclusive club, and I, for one, am happy that more people are enjoying it.

Fuck off, there isn't enough food for everyone in the tribe, so we don't accept more foreigners for now.

Lion got Ground Fighting in the first real hunt and killed us all.

Holy fuck you are an idiot. You want Poots to fail just cause you don't have your copy yet? You are going to crash the fucking plane just because you aren't allowed to fly it.

Hell you aren't even a real fan if you don't even own it yet. Fuck off dude. At least this other dude is interested in discussion, the thing this thread is literally here to do.

>nothing in response
>literally had a second kickstarter to fund additional production in response

i really want an intimacy poster as well.

Poots already gets 100% benefits because he produces so little he sells everything he releases in less than 48 hours. You can't fullfil a 20.000 people demand with runs of 500 units.

500/20000 = 2.5% of fans served. He's pretty much ignoring his fanbase.

Unlike FFG and WotC, Poots doesn't own his own means of production and has a limited staff. He can probably contract another production run between waves of newer monsters but he can't do much else at this point.

so what sold you guys on KDM?

youtube.com/watch?v=FNLc8dHv0Ac

for me it was the intro way back when it first started, from there everything just clicked, the cool models, the board game, RPG, miniature skirmish play style, the lore and the fact your going out to murder eldritch creatures to steal there skin and organs to craft weapons and armor as well as literally building a civilization of the bones of these monsters.

The original kickstarter video, coupled with the images shown on the page.
Haven't regretted it, it's a great game.

Beautiful models at a fantastic price(during the first kickstarter) that came with an interesting game.

Didn't know that wiped parties don't lose equipment. Went after Screaming Antelope with fist and tooth only.

Fucking nobody?

The setting and AI deck.

A certain black guy LPing it with three buddies on TTS

Immeadietely got a copy (of TTS) and played it with my roommate regularly ever since

Yeah, it's called makeup.

yeah,I love the production values woolies got going. I loved that he played Bach - Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major to introduce the Flowerknight, very fitting.

I have to catch up. I stopped before Butcher because I haven't fought him yet by then and didn't want to spoil the assrape.

>Does it really take Poots a week to pack up 3 small litho boxes and a larger pinup pack?
Yes.

Somehow we managed to fail all the way forward to the Watcher. I credit getting lucky enough to pull the Death Mask off the mask salesman early enough that we sold a starter Cloth for it and cunning use of Saviors to fuck nemesis encounters. We made a LOT of mistakes, though, both to our advantage (Dodging reactions that made the monster attack us) and against (Only dashing/surging on the Survivor's turn rather than dash-canceling attacks and surging between flows)

> Dung Beetle Knight
> Wretched and disgusting

You watch your goddamn mouth.

make me

I kek'd and drew a random disorder

I laughed so hard I rolled a brain trauma and died.

This is why you should Accept the Darkness, kids.

Where can I look up the rules? I'm thinking of buying, but I'm not sure how the fuck the game actually plays.

I'm not gonna be your Darkness junkie, bro!

>Where can I look up the rules?
MegaAnon hasn't been seen in some time

> how the fuck the game actually plays.

Here's your overview, top-level "how does it play" on down:

It's a campaign-style game that's not meant to be finished in a single sitting. One cycle of all the game's phases is called a "Lantern Year" and one campaign runs for 20-25 lantern years if you're successful and take on the end boss (30 when 1.5 comes out). Much shorter if you die horribly before then, of course. Depending on where you are in the game and the choices you make a single Lantern Year can take from about 45 minutes to about 2 hours.

Each Lantern Year has three phases -- Settlement, Hunt, and Showdown. Most of the meat of the game is in the Showdown, while most of the rest is in the settlement, so I'll tackle Hunt first.

In the Hunt phase, your designated party of (up to) four Survivors is tracking down their quarry. Basically, you'll move along a straight line, encountering (semi)random events that can help, hinder, reward, or murder you along the way, often involving one or more decisions or die roles to determine what happens.

The Settlement Phase is where you build your Settlement. Using the resources you acquire from killing monsters, you unlock new technologies, build improvements for your settlement, and craft gear that is where most of your fighting ability comes from.

But enough about that, you want to know how you fight monsters! The base of the system is fairly simple: the monster will take a turn, where it draws a card from its deck and you follow the instructions and roll dice where needed to determine what it does, then the survivors take a turn where each survivor (in whatever order the players wants) takes their turn, consisting of a move and an action (usually an attack against the monster). It's all on a grid where survivors are 1x1 with no facing and monsters are 2x2 or larger and have facing.

To attack a monster you both need to roll to hit (for which you get a number of rolls, and thus potential hits, based primarily on your weapon). Then for each hit you draw a Hit Location card from the monster's deck. Most hit locations will have the monster react in some manner depending on whether you wound it or not, potentially with a special effect if you roll a critical (natural 10 in most cases) on your roll to wound. So axeing the giant killer lion in the face, flank, or groin will do different things. You can roll to wound each location you drew in whatever order you please (again, for the most part. Rule 0 is that the cards will override the normal flow of things, like almost any game this complex). However, every monster's Hit Location deck contains at least one Trap card. If you draw that, it will cancel your whole attack, do unpleasant things to you, and then reshuffle the Hit Location deck. If you wound, you move the top card of the monster's AI deck face down to the Wound Stack, which is not the same as its AI discard. When the monster is out of AI cards, it reshuffles its discard, but not its wounds, they are gone for good. Run it out of cards and deal the finishing blow and the monster is down.

This probably sounds fairly bare bones, where you're mostly going to be walking up to the baddie and smacking it, then having it smack you, but the presence of battlefield terrain, your ever-expanding arsenal of gear (some of which will grant alternate actions) Action Points called Survival and an increasing number of ways to spend them, and of course the monster's moderately unpredictable reactions and freaky abilities, means that it can get tactically complex in a hurry.

General Takeaway? It's got elements of a lot of games in one. The Showdown is tactical grid combat like a sort of Fire Emblem scenario, while the Settlement is about resource managment and the Hunt is a sadistic nightmare adventure game. In between, a lot of the subsystems are sort of minigames. When you equip gear, you'll do a sort of mix-and-match puzzle to align it all to unlock special powers. Meanwhile, some of the activities you can do during the settlement, whether good things you do on purpose or bad things that happen to you, go onto hunt like "Make your choice and then roll to find out where it leads you" scenarios.

People have said it's the board game love child of Monster Hunter and Civilization or the like, and I can see where they get it. In terms of how playing feels, though, rather than the raw mechanics, I'd go with the Board Game Love Child of King's Quest and Dwarf Fortress: Deep, complex, and random, but not entirely (or actually) arbitrary, where your decisions can have long-reaching and impactful ramifications down the line.

Sorry I couldn't provide a rulebook PDF, but hopefully I answered a few questions.

mega.nz/#!8uBgnSSb!LdC-1mJLu7Kp00k9oZKIpjsfIDNinEuOpBprKbnprs0

If you've got Tabletop Simulator, all the rules shit is available through the Steam Workshop setups.