If everyone hates coinbase, why do you use it?

there are other exchanges...

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrocoin.com/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> BTC and ETH deposits and withdrawals are temporarily unavailable as we complete a required upgrade. Full functionality should be restored within one hour.

Gemini wouldn't let me sign up, they said I needed to link a bank account to use their service yet there was no way to add my banking info onto their website, they seem to cater only to big monster mega banks.

did you miss the part where they give you clear instructions to send a wire to them to add your bank? dipshit

i'm just saying why still support a company many here openly disdain?

it literally took me less then 3 minutes to sign up, it couldn't have been easier honestly...

dont shill the chad exchange here
let the stupid normies stick to coinbase

I use gemini for 90% of what I own.

pros:
- low fees
- no weird token bullshit like tether
- other than scheduled maintenance it's almost never temporarily disabled. last time was dip from $7k to $5k and they bought more server space to handle it in the future instead of the coinbase bullshit response that it just happens.
- doesn't randomly add new coins
- CBOE futures partnership

cons:
- not available everywhere
- interface is nice looking but has very little info to trade on, need apps or other websites to make sense of market
- only has btc and eth

- i believe you can add smaller bank accounts by routing number.

Only reason I still have coinbase is LTC, and desu as much as I like litecoin it's not worth dealing with coinbase constant bullshit.

Will Gemini ever add LTC? this is literally what's stopping me from using it

Don't they ask for social security number?

every exchange does

im new to this, and it just doesnt feel right giving a bitcoin site my bank routing number, social security AND photo ID. like jesus fucking christ, if someone compromised their site, everyone would be ROYALLY fucked.

your info is already available on the darkweb thanks to equifax so don't worry about it.

any financial institution even in a relatively unregulated market is going to need that to protect you and verify your identity.

>- only has btc and eth

If I want to trade altcoins beyond Gemini, what should I do?

Gemini is regulated in the US. Owned by the Chad Winklevoss twins. As legit as you can possibly get in crypto.

not be a brainlet

What's with all the Gemini shilling lately?

>Founded in 2011, literally the oldest exchange still in business
>Only exchange to be awarded an official Bitlicense by the DFS
>Only exchange available to Americans that brokers Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash for USD
>#1 App in the Apple App Store
>Only exchange that insures your funds under FDIC, up to 250,000$

I should have expected this response.

corecucks are blaming coinbase and calling them judas effectively because they decided to list the BCH market, and corecucks don't like competition. so all the bcore shills are shitting all over coinbase now and telling people to go to gemini.

they've never mentioned it so my guess is no.
still worth it for btc/eth holdings. the last thing you want during a crash is to be tied to a sinking ship because your exchange is preventing buying or selling.

>your info is already available on the darkweb thanks to equifax so don't worry about it.
How so? I never touched equifax

I see.

I actually already linked my bank to coinbase, but I'm thinking about ditching it because I can't get past the ID verification. It just doesn't work on Desktop. Tried Firefox and Chrome. I'm not about to use my shitty insecure phone to download their app either, so Gemini it is.

send your coins to another exchange to trade for shitcoins if you want.

i'm just simply asking a question: if people hate coinbase (and they seem to be getting A LOT of hate) then WHY use their service. no ones a slave to coinbase/gdax. there are other services to use besides gemini - but you don't here everyday folk talking about any other service. it feels like coinbase has a monopoly on the market which they dont.

if you think there was some sort of collusion between coinbase and whoever, why use their service to panic sell, there are other exchanges.

>
equifax had pretty much everyone's info. they are data mining company. one way or another if you're a US citizen they had your info.

If I buy BTC on Gemini, can I immediately send them to Poloniex/Bittrex for example, or do I have to wait the buyout period first to receive the coins before sending?

it's corecucks on jihad because coinbase had the audacity to list BCH

>you still can't cash out during a dip

coinbase is not reliable. they had so many down periods where they prevent buying or selling or both during ciritical moments. I think the hate is justified.

Gemini isn't the only option although I use it for security. Bitstamp is also handy because it has ltc and ripple. If you're just playing with a couple hundred dollars who cares what exchange you're on but if you have a lot of money in this then being unable to buy/sell in a dip is pretty damaging.

it's a real exchange, so you deposit money and then buy, sell, transfer anything you want.

they do pre-credit $500 ACH deposits though, so you can still trade immediately with that $500, but you can't withdraw that until the ACH clears.

BTC lets you trade on your transacted money before they have possession of it. If you want to send it elsewhere you'd need to wait until they actually have it which i think is 4 days typically.

Need to use credit card. Fuck waiting 4-7 days and also most banks in my country won't allow wire transfers to crypto exchanges

Cex.io is good exchage

I signed up for Gemini 3 days ago and im still waiting to be verified is this normal?

they let you trade with the money instantly though. you just wouldn't be able to withdraw from the account until the money arrives. i fail to see the downside. plus you aren't stuck paying 4% or whatever the fuck it costs to buy with credit cards.

look me two weeks earlier this year, took a buddy of mine a few days a week or two ago, I would estimate probably a week plus or minus some currently.

ah that's cool, but my bank might still cancel the transaction. how would that work out?

spectrocoin.com/en/

Fuck coinbase.

I would use Gemini, but they won't let me because I'm not burger.

your USD is FDIC insured. If they lose literally all of your crypto, there is no getting that back

>holding your crypto on an exchange and not any kind of wallet
If someone loses crypto by holding it on an exchange they deserve it.

there isn't any fast money in holding though. out of the 13.15ish BTC (all in ETH and alts) I have, 13 is secure in my possession and 0.15 of that is on exchanges riding the waves. you gotta take a little bit of risk to make fast money user.

Not available in my country

if you're scared of the risk you shouldn't be trading, because you won't make any money trying to play it safe

K R A K EN

Can't use it if you're Canadian. There's SpeedMTG.com for Canadians if you don't mind testing the beta (max 0.1 btc deposits). The reason for Canadians to use coinbase was that it was the comcast of exchanges.

what kind of options euros have if they want to cash out?

Also speedmtg.com, it says it doesn't reject people based on country.