sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

shapeways.com/product/YAFX9KQ2R/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you guys have an archive of old editions anywhere?

plastic sisters in february

Is there a place for cute girls in the 41st millennium?

>new lore!
>space marines win
>guillimann wins
>guillimann wins again!
>space marines win again!
>chaos lose
>chaos lose everything they gained in the gathering storm (and more)
>imperium no longer on the verge of collapse
>did I mention space marines beat everything in their path once again?

Someone has to give birth to future IG.

Do monstrous creatures need to be fully in cover and be 50% obscured to get the ruins bonus or just 50% obscured?

So, now that blast templates aren't a thing anymore and thus proper spacing is irrelevant, are movement trays an option for horde armies?

FFG certainly thought so.

Str lost a lot of value this edition with the new wound system

Odd number str is useless

How is it useless again?

You can't possibly be suprised by this. GW is creatively bankrupt since halfway 5th edition when it comes to writing actually decent lore.

Movement trays were always an option, except before you had to optimize spacing on the tray. Now you don't have to.

>In fighting for their father, both primarchs were made fathers themselves, though not of princes or strong daughters; through the application of arcane science, they were the sires of two of the Space Marine Legions, mankind’s greatest warriors. The Space Marines were lords of the galaxy, designed to reunite the human race and shepherd it to a glorious future. Instead, they had failed and turned upon one another, and their war had nearly destroyed the Imperium.

Explain what strong daughters mean to me. Princes and strong daughters? Does this mean something?

So what's up with Possessed now? They're basically expensive Berzerkers with D3 attacks, no BftBG and power axes. They lost fleet and don't reroll to wound anymore.

What are they supossed to do at this point?

Relinking because I'm looking for feedback.

Not if it is 1 higher than the target. I.e. S5 v T4 or S7 v S6.
Sure, S6 v T4 would be the same as S5 v T4 but then there would be differences vs. T3 that may not have been wanted.

Lower strength became a lot more usefull than it used to be.

But if you were a WAACfag you probably didn't have anything below Str 6, so yes then you only lost value.

Well, less useful, because even number breakpoints are way, way more important now since having twice the s of the opponents t is how you get a 2+ to wound, this means that only even numbered s values unlock a new t they can 2+, whereas odd numbered s values only do anything at all when fighting something with exactly 1 less t

I guess if you're being a dumbass and trying to compare the Imperium to a feudal or tribal society, the point of 'strong daughters' is to have intelligent and beautiful girls who make good marriage material and can thus supply you with good alliances and manipulate their husbands into working for you.

It isn't, it just works differently. You're less rewarded for having high STR, but also less punished for having low STR.

Well, they can move 7" a turn. That's a whole 1" more than normal marines, or 5" less than raptors & warp talons.

But yeah, they really need D3+1 attacks at the very least.

You don't need a daughter to be strong to marry her off. Wouldn't "healthy daughters" be a better replacement in writing that text?

Odd str will help you wound things of that specific toughness value.

Five is still better than four.

Any opinions on the list I'm planning off of fire sales in my area? Is it viable?

VANGUARD DETACHMENT

HQ
Commander Shadowsun [167]

Elite
Riptide w/ ATS and Drone Controller [317]

Fast Attack
Marker Drones x4 [56]

TOTAL = 1491

Hey guys is castrol super clean still considered the best way to strip plastic models?

It's a turn of phrase the author has probably heard before somewhere. I know I have.

>cute

I guess we have very different definitions.

Well 'strong daughters' could mean like emotionally strong. They may be the weak gender, but when all the men get killed you'll want someone to hold off the hordes of doom while children are evavuated and reinforcements arrive.

That haircut is disgusting.

I see what you did there.

Were Cataphractiis thoroughly ass raped this edition?

They can't even get bikes any more.

If I'm reading things right, there's no penalty to shooting flyers now if you're ground bound?

-1 to hit

-1 to hit.

>female pinup on armour
>tats of girls
>short hair

Imma take a wild guess and say that the artist might have wanted to let others know this character might be a lesbian.

naw you gotta use nail polish remover....get it from your local dollar store and let em sit in it all night. you should be good to go

Do you think it won't be stomped, at least?

Secutarii Hoplites and Peltasts in which Armoury book? I see no mention in either book.

Ah, Ok.

Not that bad

she's just one of the boys

I was looking through a list of Space Marine chapters and noticed there are almost none that are justice themed or with Justice in their names? Why are they shying away from this badass theme?

Should I do Imperial or Crimson Fists?

By which I mean should I take Captain "Wrecking Ball" Lysander or Pedro "I'm from Rynn's World and I say kill em all" Kantor?

>Cataphractiis on bikes
What the fuck were you smoking to think that would survive an edition change?

That's because FW only made rules for all the space marine and chaos space marine models they make.

To them, every other army is nothing but NPC's that don't matter.

Which are the most common daemon engines in a world eaters warband?

the armor is probably hand-me-down, so I wouldn't pay it muchattention

So with these new single attack of moves (like Nork's headbutt or raider's prow), does it mean one of your attacks can be it and the rest are other weapons or must you give up all your attacks for this one 'smash' attack like before?

I feel like the way it's written, it's the former and it's only the old way that's making me suspect the latter.

>termie on bike
They could do this in 7e?

There's an agri-world called Lolita in the Imperium

Are you sure that isn't for metal models?

New way is Diesel. Cheap to get, perfect.

I personally use Simple Green. I have a small container of it that I use to strip miniatures squads at a time. Leave it for a day then use a toothbrush, it works great.

Same thing you were smoking to not notice an obvious joke. But seriously Cataphractiis look like they got anally raped I see basically no advantage over bulldogs now.

read above.

I don't see why not. Definitely seen more pop up lately.

shapeways.com/product/YAFX9KQ2R/

Easy, Crimson Fists have the superior paint scheme by a few miles.
Imperial Fists might have cool fluff and all, but it's just impossible to take them serious when they walk around yellow like a banana.

The same thing that people who thought they would keep their scout sergants in terminator armour with sniper rifle and power fist would still be legal ?

Both

She's a Necromunda guardsman and a former Escher ganger. She's pretty tame, considering.

>tfw your planet is called Warzone Epsilon

>Sleef
why is this so fucking funny to me.

Are Deathwatch ruined this edition?

>Been waiting forever to start a SM force
>Just waiting on new Scout models since the old ones suck
>Now there's an entire new line of Marines that are going to eventually replace the old ones
>Even less of a reason to start

>Look at Eldar then
>Aspects are all ancient sculpts in need of an update

GW can we fix up these damn infantry models before shitting out more giant centerpieces?

>not a Pleasure World
trash

>XD-777

Haven't you heard? All armies are completely ruined in 8th.

>all these people who got played by GW and started these gimmick armies with 4 units moaning about whether or not their armies are still legit

>dont use scum as meat shield for charasters and drop defence
Whats wrong with you?

If you use waybackmachine to check the first iteration of the GW website ever put up, they have a picture of a fire dragon next to their banner.

They still sell that same sculpt.

pls respond

Another from that regiment.

No, you just have to play to their strengths and stop expecting them to be Marines+1

7E deathwatch had all the cool toys but taking too much of them was dangerous, so you just took plenty of boys and let their special ammo and formation rerolls do the talking. Now taking top end equipment is a little more effective due to multiple rules changes so you can splurge on toys in Deathwatch and have them as an ultra elite force.

That said they are probably not great as your main force. Maybe have two squads allied to your main force. Dropping a load of combi weapon veterans or heavy weapon deathwatch terminators wherever you want, whenever you want, is like dropping a nuke on your enemy.

whatever you want it to be, pinhead

Ew

As far as I can tell you can use any combination of your melee weapons up to your attack number unless stated otherwise.

Would love a clarification though

I mea like in the fluff

Yes

You can't grow cute farm girls on pleasure world

>'or' question
>yes

It has begun.

You choose a weapon. So one of his 4 attacks can be the head, the other three must be the knife.

Can A and B both be true?

>flip through new rulebook and imperial codex at flgs
> no mention of iron hands
>all other 8 original loyalist chapters get a section
>fucking wack ass imperial fists even get extra love for their stupid successor chapters

Why does GW hate iron hands?

>Aeldari
HAH

I know what you meant. The fluff doesn't mention that the majority of WE warbands prefer this or that daemon engine. If in doubt just use Khorne themed units.

>If a model has more than one melee weapon, and can make several close combat attacks, it can split it's attacks between these weapons however you wish.

Fairly cut and dry. That headbutt attack says he can only make one headbutt attack, not one attack total.

Guess you should have bought more models, then GW would give a shit about your faction.

...is that a tick?

What the hell are "Eldar"? Are they a new sub faction of Aeldari?

It's explained already, right there under Choose Melee Weapon.

If you didn't read the new rules at all you might have missed it.

Red ethanol + Ultrasonic cleaner = Mind blown.
Removes absolutely everything, primer and all

Sororitas

AELDARI????

>cute

No special characters means no special treatment.

You're basically NPC's unless you have a named special character.

Did GW discontinue those movements trays just before writing two sets of rules which are ideally suited to them?

Tell that to SoB players.

They said something about it in one of the preview articles forever back but couldn't find it in the book, thanks.

Civilian life

Apparently the Dark Imperium models are not snapfit.