mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/streamofannihilation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So 5e, tell me about your alchemists

French triton woman with a mechanical octopus in a bag of holding. Have the potions flavored as underwater plants that lose effectiveness quickly once exposed to the air.

Thoughts on spell points?

Their potions are too strong for you.

I have them as part of a master-craftsman background.

Nature and Arcana proficiency + 1 tool of their choice.

Crafting time is reduced by 1/4 as per UA downtime rules and they need 10GP less materials to make something (It's a small profit DMs should be able to cope with. There's no point to a trade if it doesn't bring profits.).

I think sorcerers should use spell points by default

Which is better- hexblade or vengance paladin?

Better at what?

My OotA players rolled the sent back in time on the Maze Engine.

They just murdered all the drow at the starting prison and are planning on hitting up all the best treasure and murdering everyone who slighted them before finishing Vizerans ritual about a year ahead of schedule

I agree.

How about Warlocks? I've seen a lot of people say that they should use it.

nah i think they just need an extra spell slot to counteract the fact that nobody runs as many short rests as the game suggests.

Mine's a Witcher basically, drinks potions to buff self

I think I agree with this, too. Spell Points are weirder for Warlocks anyway since they're supposed to auto-cast up to 5th level by default.

I don't know, play in general I suppose? So which is more effective in combat, fun to play, etc

Hexblade, most consistent burst if given proper rests. Pally offers more defenses though, easily shored up by a fighter dip for locks though.

Even with an extra slot, which I tried in our game. The Warlock seems to lag behind but our DM generally only runs 2 encounters before a long rest, and they tend to be harsher one to "balance" it. So its expected for the Wizard, or Druid to burn half the spells in a single fight. My Warlock was only able to keep up due to Spell-points. Granted this might be a case specific condition but its my two pence.

That's your DM fucking them more than anything, for a warlock to break even there they'd need 5 spell slots or something.

Is it better to play straight hexblade (with maybe first in fighter for heavy armour) or to multiclass into another cha caster like bard or sorcerer after lvl 5 for more smite slots?

1 fighter dip gets huge bang for your buck and stress the importance of proper rests and you'll be gravy. They are super fun though. 20d8 damage that refreshes every short rest is ridiculous.

Yeah I would definitely go 1 fighter, probably v human and start with gwm or some other feat. Is it worth going past lvl 5 in warlock though? Multiclassing into bard or sorcerer after I pick up extra attack would provide a lot more spell slots for smiting.

>1 fighter dip
>not 2 fighter dip
user, please.

I think it's worth getting more invocations and the higher + pact weapon buffs.

>dipping
>not multiclassing 4 levels minimum

Is Mystic too good?
Seems extremely overloaded to me.

Extra attack is worth rushing over surge
Lifedrinker is too good to ignore plus mystic arcanum

>Extra attack is worth rushing over surge
no one said you had to take them back to back, take 1 level of fighter, get your extra attack, then take another level of fighter.

2 Fighter dip is not worth it, action surge is overrated imo and it delays extra attack by 2 levels
Yeah warlock is probably better, I will do that then

Are there any UAs / decent homerules expanding melee attack options / stances / hit locations or should I simply not bother with this if I'm feeling severely limited with 5e in this regard and move on to another system?

Does he offer a short rest between the two encounters?

Because seriously, otherwise classes that rely on short rests are getting fucked either way.

Also, 2 encounters per day is a pretty hard way to travel through a dungeon.

If you pick the broken shit, yes. There are enough options to make a non-broken character.

You can add in some of the DMG additional/variant combat options and brew up some more options based on BM maneuvers and there's some Kobold Press thing called I think Beyond Damage Dice but I haven't read it.

So far I do get a short rest between fights, but we really don't do dungeons. Also a lot of non-combat encounters, which almost always leaves the martials who ignored their utility bored.

He has been leading this game for about 3 months. I am trying to weasel my way into do a couple oneshots between major story beats, because I wanna show them a different style of play. If it wasn't impossible to get a group together in this area I would have moved on.

>Not getting extra attack first

For what purpose?

right? he's acting like getting action surge and extra attack are mutually exclusive.

It's ''pick 5 subclasses at once the class''.

Yeah, i suppose it will be worthwhile to take a second level at some point, problem is it is unlikely the character will be played beyond 10th or 15th lvl, as that is when my groups campaigns seem to end

well, seeing as how you can get extra attack and action surge by level 6, i think you'll be okay.

Anyone else watching day 2 of Stream of Annihilation?

or level 7, whatever it is.

How long until it starts?

But is it worth delaying extra warlock spell slots, eldritch invocations, and pact features? I would probably not take it until after i got the lifedrinker invocation at lvl 13

Started about 5 minutes ago

Yes.

Started a few minutes ago. They're just doing a Day 1 recap right now, should be another announcement soon before the first game of the day.

Waiting for the High Rollers part to start, not really interested in the one before that.

I'm making a custom Necklace of Prayer Beads. Spells are Compelled duel, Cure wounds (2nd level) / Lesser restoration, Blinding smite, Planar ally. Since I want to make compelled duel actually usable, I'll add this blurb:
>You can choose to forgo concentration on spells cast from the beads, but the spell save DC becomes 13. If you do so after casting the target immediately makes another saving throw.

Does this break anything with compelled duel or blinding smite?

NEW BOOK ANNOUNCED TODAY
XANATHAR'S GUIDE TO EVERYTHING

How do you treat player character that go to religious place and donate gold. It just 1 or 2 but they are falling behind in the long run.

i wouldn't worry about it. They are making an investment.

Put a beggar in the streets or similar instances. If they help the npc, reward them with a potion or something of value. A one-use trinket, perhaps gold. Beggar could be an angel in disguise, shit like that.

What is it actually about tho?

Everything, of course.

I think you mean "NEW BOOK TEASED YESTERDAY". Ain't shit announced today yet.

Everything.

ugh, i knew that would be the reply

Some things.

Thanks. Yeah, I guess trying homebrewing is the way to go for now.

god dammit

>dnd.wizards.com/streamofannihilation

Is this any good? I watched 10 seconds of it and started cringing immediately, and closed it. Is it worth fighting through the initial cringe response and getting immersed?

They're speaking about Xanathar's right now

Everything

Xanathar's is just published UA

Has you waited 5 minutes you would have gotten you the real answer because they're explaining on stream right now. It's UA subclasses and variant rules.

November release for Xanathar's Guide to Everything. ~200 pages. Features the various UA stuff: subclasses, downtime, traps, etc.

Revised?

I'm only tuning in for when Mercer and the CR crew show up. Keeping it muted in a separate tab until then

So from now on we can say it's about everything UA. Or just quote UA titles.

Yes. It doesn't included everything, only the UA that was well received, while other UA is getting scrapped and/or going under further revision.

Oh cool, any word on which subclasses? Hopefully it includes hexblade and revised ranger

The new book.

3 archetypes for each (except wizard) is a strange choice too. hopefully they've improved them significantly, and hopefully it includes the revised ranger. i'm not sure how they're going to do, for example, 3 monk archetypes, since drunken fist was so bad.

the dm tools sounds fun but i really wish they'd do some weapons.

Source?

they really liked Volo's Guide to Monsters them

Limited-edition cover is by the same artist who worked on Volo's guide. Awesome.

That cover is awesome

Which UA were well-received?

I'd like to get an idea of what's going to be present

Stream of Annihilation, dnd channel on twitch

I assume it's almost all the ones from UA because each class is getting three except the wizard. The hexblade seems to be very popular so I imagine it'll be in there.

They specifically mentioned multiple class archetypes for each class (except only 1 for wizard), downtime, traps, and some other stuff. It's 200 pages of material so expect quite a bit of it.

They said there would be three new options for each existing class. I doubt we'll be getting Mystic or Artificer, though. It's possible, but they already said that they wanted to play test those classes more with DM's Guild.

I'm really liking the standard cover, but I'm probably going to grab the limited edition.

The Stream of Annihilation. You'd have to go into the archived videos to where they announced it. They haven't put out an official press release/article yet. Probably holding off until the stream ends so they can just dump a big article for everything.

Not Sharpshooter.

Thanks.

Wow, that's really exciting, can't wait!

>TFW Loremaster is so strong it's a waste of print to give wizard other options

Anyone has a link for a free download of the critter compendium? Or at least can tell me if it is worth the 15$

I guess that confirms the new Druid circles then. I'm glad because my druid is Circle of Twilight

This seems terrible. Does the Tiefling have nudes though?

Jesus, is this all just a long intro? Do they play this before every video of them playing?

yep you just know it's going to be loremaster, and going to be busted shit no reasonable DM would ever allow, thus causing all retarded DMs to not allow the entire book.

It's not going to be Loremaster. Most likely War Wizard.

>It's not going to be Loremaster
i really hope it's not, but I don't trust people to make good decisions.

Hey they might finally fix Wot4E?

Kensei, tranquility, and drunken master.

Do you think its going to be unedited subclasses? They might just do loremaster and tone it down a bit

Beautiful cover art. More than makes up for the cover for Tomb of Annihilation.

lol

Replace tranquility with 4ele fix, but they probably won't.

For fuck sake, fix it WotC! I'm tired of listening to players whine when they realize it's hit garbage and can't be fucking bothered to get the third party pdf fixing it.

>They might just do loremaster and tone it down a bit
not fucking likely. The fact they thought it was okay for even an UA release shows they can't be trusted.