Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Topic question:
What Starfinder class are you the most excited about? Why?

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm hype for Soldier to see how well can Paizo rework Fighter. Maybe they'll even do a half-decent job.

I'm curious about the Solarion, but Mystics are always my go to class.

I'm most excited about the Soldier. We have needed an actually decent 1pp martial for a long, long time - Vigilante was a step in the right direction, but a lot of GMs that don't have ready-made access to the SRD during a game (such as about 95% of people who play around a tabletop rather than online) wouldn't allow it because it's nowhere close to core.

But a core class that's not only good, but actually looks fun? Sign me right the fuck up. It looks like it'll be a blast.

From what a redditor who played SF on Paizocon said, it seems like Solarian is the not!Soulknife, getting a lightsaber as a class feature in addition to some weeaboo magic powers.

I'm curious if the Solarion will let me be a monk because even in space, I must punch things. That and I want to become Space Akuma or Gouken

Beyond that, Mystic and Soldier most definetly

>Having a light-hearted, Fantasy-based post-apocalyptic game with late 1800's/early 1900's tech, magic, and monstergirls and boys of all variety wherein the players are all childhood friends exploring the world outside as a rite of passage

I'm gonna run it and it's gonna be fun

Even if it doesn't let you do it directly, I give it at absolute most a month before there's conversions up for basically every core class aside from the ones that are completely subsumed (Such as fighter being totally outclassed by soldier, and Soldier and Operative splitting everything the ranger can do).

Martial artists in sci fi universes are pretty common, even if they also use guns.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be some kind of one for one deal. I mean the Soulknife from DSP let you do this by just having your soulblade be an aura around your body and literally turned you into Ryu/Ken because you could Hadouken with it. I would expect the Solarion to do similar at least and that's enough for me.

Me, I'm personally hoping for animal companions to stick around in one form or another. I love my pet classes and while a robotic drone is cool, it's just not the same as being able to RP your giant lizard getting cold in the middle of the night so he finds a way to snuggle up to you.

I am totally okay with that as well. I'm fond of soulknives. If only they were just a little bit better....

Well, you know how core classes go; they're going to get so many options over time that even if they start bad, they'll eventually be worthwhile.

There's also the Esoteric magus, the bladebound spiritualist, etc.

Paizo does know their target audiences well enough.

In case anyone missed what happened with Dragon game one last thread

Nobody gives a shit, fampai.

I'm not familiar with those classes because I have no interest in the base PF game or the classes in it. There are some cool idea but my primary draw is Starfinder
Indeed, the mechanic being the default pet user seems obvious but I wouldn't put it past the idea of having some archtype that lets you have a pet of some sort. I don't know about you but I totally want a cyborg animal bro.

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY

ANIME
WAS
A
MISTAKE

They're not!soulknives who have been adapted to not!soulfists through archetypes.

That sounds like a great idea

All shit.

>Esoteric Magus
>anything but pure trash

Very fitting for this thread. :^)

>PtD dead
>Can't make JttW
Phooey.

It's the concept that matters, not the effectiveness.

Though not needing overt components makes them fucking deadly if you spec them as an assassin.

I want a robust cybernetics system.

I want to play a MEC Trooper

Esoterric Magus isn't the !NotSoulknife it's the unarmed magus.

Mind Blade Magus is the !NotSoulknife because they weren't even trying to be subtle with it.

Well, we've seen a bit about themes. What about a Beast Tamer theme? That way it'd be available to any class that wants an animal companion, since all themes can apply to all characters.

Hell, I'll write that theme myself when Starfinder comes out.

Wrong, the !NotSoulknife is the Phantom Blade spiritualist

Wait, themes actually give you a bonus?

Both are not soulknives though honestly I wouldn't call the Phantom Blade one in all honest since "your blade is really some outsider thing" seems far outside the Soulknife's jurisdiction conceptually speaking.

Yes. Something at first, sixth, twelfth, and eighteenth levels, by the look of it.

don't forget the stat boost.

Nice.

Perhaps but the name seems to limiting. It needs a name for someone who's always out in the wilds with thier cyber bro animal. Sojourner?

MEC Trooper girl is best girl

>mfw absurdly busty Soldier starts asking the Mechanic to give her a few tune-ups

Absolute best taste

>spacefarer theme
I'd imagine literally fucking everyone is a spacefarer in Starfinder.

Hmm. That does have some appeal, but it doesn't imply anything about the animal which is unfortunately going to have to be the majority of the theme; mechanically, an extra critter on the board is just too big to give any other benefits, so wilderness treks are going to have to be out. Besides, I'm fairly sure we have it confirmed that Operatives ransacked the "wilderness" parts of the ranger for themselves, so if you really wanted to play a Space!Ranger, Operative already has that covered.

It may be better if we focus solely on the companion for the name because of that.

>Female mystic as the teams doctor and healer.
>Regularly get's pressed between the giant muscular fighters who treat her as their precious little sister

>Mfw busty transhuman muclegirls is EXACTLY my kink

I suspect "Spacefarer" would be a survivalist theme, rather than just "I'm in a ship all the time".

Agreed.

My thinking on the matter is that you and your animal bro have some kind of special procedure that does a one soul in two bodies kind of deal so it doesn't matter if your animal bro is fully mechanical or biological or somewhere in between but this link gives you two some kind of special ability of some sort.

Not necessarily. There is a difference between being a spacer and a spacefarer in most fiction. One is someone who makes a living in space, the other travels through it a lot.

Will you be there with me to welcome the coming of this radiant dawn?

All the people I've gathered up for it seem to think so too!

Now to just work on the lore...

she's just a working stiff

Most certainly, buddy

She makes ME working stiff!

I know I will. An idea I had for an EP character I could easily port to Starfinder. Basically an MMA champion turned business woman so an Iconic Fighter or maybe Solarion give or take.

We actually have it confirmed that Animal Companions in Pathfinder are, specifically, creatures you've formed an empathic bond with and have a mental connection to - this is both RAW and RAI, so there's precedent in the world.

With the Mystic literally getting telepathic collectives to share with their buddies, It is far from farfetched to assume some guy would have something similar to his pet/

I see. With that said, maybe we can call it something like Soul Bonded. For whatever reason you've formed a telepathic bond with a specific creature and elevated it's intelligence beyond what it's species is capable of or gave it sentience if it was a robot turning it into a living construct

>pic related

Sort of like the thing you're connected to using your brain's processing power as well? A neat idea, definitely. I don't necessarily think elevating its mind is a requirement - you can have very smart dogs, or any other domesticated animal, for instance - but this is something to work on either way.

posting the last image to make this a complete dump

>her face when she tries to be seen as more than a little sister, and stops caring which one sees her as Something more as long as one of them finally does!!!

But what if both of them see her as something more?

Thank you for your generosity, user.

If->then

There's more than one hole for a reason, user.

Hopefully she's been keeping up with their workouts.

That said, the idea came from a picture I could never find again where Leona is pressed against Ralf and Clark's huge muscles.

>Team Mystic gets with the Soldier meat-in-armor
>Motherly Mechanic gets with the Brain-in-a-jar

An interesting thing hit me

The other day people talked about what protag actually wanted for the party makeup, someone suggested 3 heroes, 1 antihero, and two 'goofy'. Now i wouldn't use the word goofy, but I would say those would be more wildcard and weird, less traditional archetypes

Combine this with a need for a set of unique ideals and a unique goal, where does that leave us.

And looking over the apps...

There's a lot that could fit the HERO slots, which was arguably what brought about Protag's post.

Alexander, Derrin and many more

but what about anti-hero? Honestly I didn't look deeply, but that maybe fits a small section of the apps, only really clearly anti-heroes to me are Ryoko, Jericho, and C3

As for weird, its similarly underexplored, Rinta is the most obvious example I'd throw in there as a wildcard.

in short

SELL HERO

BUY ANTI-HERO AND WEIRDOS

>As for weird, its similarly underexplored, Rinta is the most obvious example I'd throw in there as a wildcard.
What about Eleanor? The impression I got is that she's a weirdo liar, not quite a hero.

Sounds like it could be fun.
Too bad I don't write for Veeky Forums anymore.

I guess we have the future makings of SF Apps

she fits into weird i'd say

Dibs.

Never change, you glorious bastard.

>mfw she'd be the party tank
>mfw that would've been my spot
>mfw I can't play with her

>tank

FUCK OFF NORMALFAGS

Two tank minimum in sci-fi settings, user.

Because one has to take the bullet and go down in the middle of the show for the medic to heal and the other to rescue, and finally to make a courageous last stand.

Can the Kasatha get ripped? I was trying to look them up and the idea of a !Gouken Kasatha is really appealing to me for some reason like he travels the universe to perfect his Solarion powers and become one with the universe and to find and defeat his brother who's !Akuma

Then again, if Orc is available I would do it with them as well or otherwise just stick to human
Probably would make them female as well

Kasatha are +2 Dex +2 Wisdom, they can get ripped but you'd have to invest in it.

I don't know anything about Discord drama, but looking just at the LFG, I think C3 is a very likely pick between having a unique app, covering character space even better than the favorite Ceraphine, and having big open availability.

I'd like to see 2/2/2 personally but more than any concerns Broodie might have with quality, I think Ryoko mostly suffers from availability. Jericho might fulfill an anti-hero personality but philosophically, I think he'd see a lot of overlap with traditional hero types.

We have confirmation that all races currently available in Pathfinder are still around in Starfinder, they've just been displaced from Golarion to the super space station.

Orcs are go.

Elves confirmed to be exquisite sharpshooters.

>Orcs are go.

Awesome sauce.

Time to hit up the drawfriends for a new Starfinder character.

And her name will be Debbie Debonair, and she will be mine

That could be fun....

I don't see how Jericho qualifies as an anti-hero.
He values family and loyalty and he wants to protect the people. He doesn't consider himself heroic and wants to join the Ensoulment project so he can learn what it means to be a hero. Just looking at his backstory, nothing makes him seem villainous. He's just a guy trying to figure himself out. The only reasons I can see for people calling him an antihero are that he has intimidating-looking armor and a dark past filled with secrets.

Nigga I shared these pictures with you

I called dibs first!

And the fetishes are here again. Great. Just fucking fantastic.

Don't stop

Being fair here, I think Starfinder really revitalized the rules talk in these threads. Yeah, people are still horny, but we're actually planning characters and discussing mechanics in between looking at tits.

>and she will be mine

Not until she finds a good man with the strength to pick her up and carry her around.

Exactly, although I'm curious how available body modifications are because it would be kind of dumb to say your fuck huge fighter has some strength augmentations in their background if you can't get them as part of character creation.

I know for my own idea I just want my character to have half finished synthetic skin that looks like it was freshly made and not tailored to a particular skin tone or color with the company logos still on it but I don't want any mechanical advantages from it other than the cool picture I have in my head.

>it would be kind of dumb to say your fuck huge fighter has some strength augmentations in their background if you can't get them as part of character creation

That's why they're on the adventure, to pay off the loan.

you shared # 1 with me

I found the rest on my own. Step up your game Senpai.

Yeah but legitimately i want to see if i can make a MEC Trooper in Starfinder. Power suits and cyber limbs are great.

But they're even greater when combined.

The idea of using cyber limb surgery to get a better interface with your MEC suit to allow fine motor control and better versatility tickles my pickle.

>Yeah but legitimately i want to see if i can make a MEC Trooper in Starfinder.

Power Armor and Cybernetics are totally going to be a thing, the latter is already a thing you can buy in Pathfinder and the former's an artifact-grade item.

Well, i know we have actual mechs confirmed. Power armor, yes. Mini mechs, yes (think like Terminator Armor from warhammer 40k). We also have cybernetics confirmed.

As long as you have those three, the rest is primarily fluff.

Mechs, you say?

Why is he holding a can of Chinese Coke?

Worth noting; they said that power armor and mini mechs are core, with "gundams" to come later.

He's gonna do a line off that robots cute rear chassis.

star finder eh?
cool, maybe i can play a scifi RPG that doesnt want to shove feminism down my throat

>Paizo
>not shoving feminism down your throat
Boy, you're up for a huge disappointment.

>maybe i can play a scifi RPG that doesnt want to shove feminism down my throat

Sorry, that's still Starfinder.

That's a great joke, it works on multiple levels.

Tfw one of my players hasn't been online in over two weeks, no explanation. That means missed two sessions, not just autistic blog posting

At what point would you guys give the boot?