Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1536: War Crimes Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Doing crimes
Night in the Woods Depression Jump when?

Is turning an enemy into a small, harmless animal and wiping their memories a war crime?

human rights violation, but not a war crime.

I think that's more a violation of their human rights rather than a war crime.

This is true. It's only a war crime if there are international treaties and regulations against it, and no one has ever thought to make a treaty on the use of transfiguration in war.

>War Crimes Edition
It should never be considered a crime to annihilate your foes.

So only do that to people who deserve worse?

>And then his foes annihilated him
Have fun

It's murder with an unconventional weapon.

>not being prepared for everything
>not setting your entire population and military in a parallel world and attacking with virtually no risk of retaliation through one-sided portals
>not teleporting antimatter bombs into their population centers
It's like you don't even want your people to prosper.

WHICH THREAD DO I GO TO?

Just wait for the threads to commit war crimes against one another, leaving no survivors. Then a new thread will arise from the ashes of the uncivil war.

What the fuck is up with the roll table for Wyrd powers in LoT DLC 5? How are you even supposed to roll on that thing, exactly? Why does it start at 11? Why not just let people choose?

Rolled 12 (1d816)

Threadly jump roll.

It's Advanced Wars.

I loved that game when I was younger, I lost in it many times. Infantry for the win.

Which is better for bullshit magic nonsense: Overlord (Series) or Forgotten Realms?

Reading through them makes the magic sound similar, but FR looks easier? I'm not very familiar with either setting.

Hero BBS is better than both.

This thread was posted nearly a minute earlier. Anyone who says it's not the real thread is just a shitposter.

But what if they are both fake? It was all a lie, just like the cake.

I've already got Hero BBS magic. I went with meldaic magery off of

It is basicly impossible for someone who doesn't start out at lvl 100 in Overlord to reach that point but it is realistic for any PC (jumper) to reach epic level in a D&D jump with effort and adventure.

Also while Overlord has epic level stuff it pretty much tops out there while D&D just keeps going until the DM fiats you out of the campaign for being too overpowered.

Basically this With the caveat that Overlord (Series) is much easier to cast, due to working on a manapool system instead of having spellslots.

Have you committed war crimes, /jc/?

yes. too many

There is a thought, you think we would get too strong and the DM of the D&D world would kick us out and make us lose the chain?

You can just use Conjoined Conjures/I Cheat/Overcharge Perks to fix that problem though.

It look like this thread was posted first by 1 min 10 sec, so lets use this one.

Does going after the main villain after the protagonist has already beaten him just to make sure he doesn't come back count?

No, unless you consider your benefactor to be an asshole you don't have to worry about that. Also one of the common ways for that to happen is to have divinity forced upon the OP character which could be a good thing as long as it isn't in FR where divinity ends your chain.

You could get away with that though as long as you achieve Divine Rank in somewhere like Ravenloft though.

There is no DM unless you wank one in which case it is probably your benefactor, would your benefactor do that?

Overlord is limited to what might reasonably have been put into an MMO, while DnD allows you to do shit that can only be handled by a DM. Overlord is more powerful, but DnD is more versatile.

So, what Jumps are you guys ready for right now? Any good properties being worked on? What about more obscure properties?

Actually, you could do it in FR as long as you don't go above Divinity zero until after you leave. Remember that gods only need worship in FR because Ao says so and there is no Ao to say so after you leave FR.

Pathfinder when?

Solars is supposedly coming soon. I'm hyped to start a Solar chain when it does.

Man, whenever the fact that Overlord's magic system came straight from an MMO, it makes me wonder what the hell gaming looked like in that universe that it was somehow reasonable to make Yggdrasil the way it was.

I can't wait for Ebberon, mostly because it is relatively sparse in the high level magic department and I don't feel very good about going to a more liberal with the magic D&D setting at this point in my chain.

I'm already foaming at the mouth with anger at the thought.

I'm waiting on SB jumps

Jump # 132 Greek Myth
Background: Hero
Perks:
*From Zero to Hero (0)
*Strength of Heracles (300, Discount)
*Demigod - Apollo (500)
*True Labor (100, Discount)
*Quest of the Gods (200, Discount)
Equipment
Companions
*Jumper’s Argonauts X 4 (400)
Drawbacks:
*Fucking Heracles (+ 200)
*Ten Labors (+ 300)

The path of a hero is an arduous one and often one without glory. Each time I take a jump I wonder if there is some underlying meaning to it, some lesson that I should learn. Well if there was one here it was not to get to full of myself.

So sometimes we make things harder for ourselves, other times people make them harder for us. That latter part pretty much sums up the jump.

So Doom-chan believes in no power greater than herself. So she often went stomping on the toes of the Greek gods with her titanium plated boots. Well the gods, never known as the forgiving sort would try and curse her only for it to fail. So they would curse one of us or remember I owed them 10 favors and give me something completely ridiculous.

To be fair I think some of the gods began to actually pitty me with Dooms little war vs the Gods. I was always polite and respectful to them and any time they would do something to us Doom would get pissed off in a vicious cycle.

(to be continued)

It was a VR MMO and probably more like a fantasy life sim than an MMO; they didn't care about balance they just invented a cool world, a way for players to get the cool stuff, and let them run with it.

To make matters even worse anything I did, Heracles would outdo and often do something that completely negated the effort I had done. If I tried to help people, he would do something that would completely wipe out my efforts and help them a lot more.

Anyways my Labors were insane… my last one they asked me to steal Mjolnir from Thor of Norse Mythology.

This one involved time travel. I went to Thor and explained my plight and brought him back with me. Needless to say he wasn’t happy with the Greek gods and expressed it like you would expect a Viking God to.

The Greek gods were forced to acknowledge I had kept up my end of the bargain even as they ran for their lives. Heracles wound up fighting Thor off and earning his respect with them becoming drinking buddies and securing a friendship between the Norse and Greek pantheons.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kidding, are they making anything interesting at the moment?

Which ones?

Overlord can get much more conceptual and easier to cast and spam. Forgotten Realms (D&D) is better for long-term projects and has no cap limit on what you can do given sufficient resources. Also, prep-time usually works better for D&D.

Hero BBS is not a magic of system. What you get by going in there is a collection of systems + your starting one.

Being a Hero BBS mage is basically get the I Cheat (Justice League Dark) perk for free.

>Overlord is limited to what might reasonably have been put into an MMO
Uh, considerng that is a MMO that involved area spells for battles having thousands of players and insta-kill necromancy and mass paralysis for that same battles that could it end it in an instant, that statement is a bit off.

>Overlord is more powerful, but DnD is more versatile.
I think the example epic tier spells are similar, but Overlord's is more spammeable without prep-time. Then again, to develop your own magic in Overlord you either need to be a local or use out-jump stuff, while everyone in D&D can do it. With no limit on what spells you can create, while Overlord's seems to cap at some point.

Also, Overlord's does not lack versatility. Momonga, in his 'limited' 700 spells could create epic tier equipment from nothing, food, create entire castles, change the terrain, summon entire armies, having speed boosts, translating stuff, divination of all kinds, anti-divination, mind control, memory alteration, mind reading, etc.

According to the novels, the worlds were MASSIVE. Like, at minimum they should be each small to medium country sized, to the point that a group of 40 players and their mercenaries could walk through a 'small' zone of it for an hour or two without crossing paths with no body. And there was 9 of such worlds.

And also big enough for having lots of massive dungeons that would still not be discovered for years.

It's really not that much of a problem if you're even slightly intelligent about your spell selection.
Even if you're not there's tons of ways around that, starting with simply playing a spontaneous caster or a psion (which work of spell points/essentially mana).

...Why would Thor even exist there?

tell me of sailor moon waifus

From what I've been following they're getting a new Touhou jump.

Looking forward to Vampire Counts, Tyranids, Fables, and Generic Kaiju. The fact that someone actually picked up my suggestion for a Generic Kaiju jump makes me really happy.

There are none. They are all terrible people or sluts.

Well, dirge jumps are pretty much all SB-exclusove unless someone begs him to post them here. But your mileage may vary on those [ especially if you're a shitposter.

Looking forward to WoW. Thank you OAA.

well I need to start back on Antaeus but this user is lazy.

Not the same user, but I think there was a Horus Heresy in the work. A shame that it was by SJ-Chan, since it won't be posted here.
Someone mentioned something about an American Gods jump... I would love that.

But it still can't have spells that tell the future, or control someone's dreams, or force them to only speak the truth. They're both versatile and strong, but DnD will have effects that Overlord just can't replicate, while Overlord is on a generally higher power level for combat.

>Solars is supposedly coming soon.
I did not know anyone was working on that one. Which jumpmaker is it?

Wukong, the guy who made Dragon-Blooded.

Wukong.

I don't think we'd ever need anyone to beg SB for jumps, that's pretty sad. It'd also be pretty stupid to call him back now that there is an user replacing his jumps. Just let SB keep their jumpmaker and we can keep ours.

Technically Overlord magic can replicate any effect that you've seen, as long as you get Dark Wisdom.

Not to mention that locals also get magic - which wouldn't be limited to MMO logic - and you can be a local with Level 100 power.
So all those effects can it fact appear (and the Rogue class skill strongly implies that they do exist).

Really, the jump document outright states that it's basically D&D magic with the serial numbers filed off and switched to a mana-based system.

> spells that tell the future
There was a whole school dedicated to divination. We don't really know how some of the spells in the game would translate for a level 100 specialized into that. Nigredo was dedicated to purely scrying, and she seemed to have an unlimited range while doing that.

>or control someone's dreams
Probably. Although seeing that Mind-flyers are a thing and there are other Lovecraftian references, I wouldn't be surprised if you can get some Night-Gaunt stuff that does that.

>or force them to only speak the truth
Mind control is a thing, as I said. There is memory editing and a low-tier charm person spell, and mind-control defense items are a thing for New Worlders.

What we know of the true extent of Overlord's magic is very limited, since Momonga is the only high-level caster that has his abilities showcased, and he seems to know every spell that the rest of the New World has. Also, you need to remember that the novel is written by a guy after his D&D group was disbanded and is heavily inspired by it (to the point that most spells are direct references and the other are inspired too in some way or another), with the added 'game' element of a mana bar.

Annette is making that Ar noSurge jump. I want to gently step on a sadistic Ion.

>Horus Heresy jump
Holy shit, that would be awesome.

>+0 drawback to go to alternate-Heresy settings
>Dornian, Imperial, Hektor

>But it still can't have spells that tell the future
This would be possible for. Since the Devs implement the storylines, they could make spells that tell you what they the plan to come is.

There's nothing stopping an user here from making his own Horus Heresy jump.

>Technically Overlord magic can replicate any effect that you've seen, as long as you get Dark Wisdom.
Just to clarify, that Dark Wisdom in the document is not what the canon Momonga had. It was not a cap-breaker 'per se'.

You needed to do a 'sacrifice' to get more spell slots, and you filled them by killing other spell-casters and taking their spells.

The thing that the jump offers has literally nothing to do with that.

Bringing what is offered in the jump as something 'canon' is not going to be very productive.

A man can dream, user. A man can dream...

>Going into Uploads to look at the Jack Chick Jump.
>Sees Generic Cartoon Toon World Jump.
>Reads.
>Never saw it before on thread.

Who's is this? Or did I just miss an announcement a while back and am blind?

What if an user decided to claim a SB-only jump, slapped a 'by user' there and started twerking with it?

I know it would be dickish to the original author,
but the confrontations between the communities are childish enough that I wouldn't care that much.

There's also nothing stopping me from using SB's replacement jumps and flaunting it in your face.

Not only combat.

There are really good utility spells. including memory manipulation and time stopping

Basically, choosing player+Level 100 Gives you Free reign to make a bullshit build as long asit is reasonable and "somewhat" balanced. Realm of heroes goes balls to the wall barely-nerfed exploit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Yeah, it was posted a few threads ago. I didn't pay attention to the reception it got, and I've barely looked at it myself.

Well there was nothing that said that other mythologies couldn't exist and I needed something different for one of my 10 labors.

Well, someone should claim it before some crossposter like BLADE decides to stand up for "SB racism" by encouraging people who aren't even part of this community to post their jumps here.

It's been posted a couple of times. Can't remember if the jump maker said it was ready to upload yet.

The Jumps I'm waiting for are the Tau,Tyranid, Imperial Guard, Space Marine, Black Crusade, and Princess gauntlet

It was posted a couple threads ago, I'm pretty certain.

It was posted you fucking idiot. If you're going to shitpost, at least try to pretend like you know what you're talking about.

Well guess I'm blind then. Nevermind.

I wasn't trying to shitpost, but I understand.

It was posted a few thread backs. I don't know if the concerns about some perks were answered. But it also was posted here and given an '5/10 it's ok' like 50-100 threads ago, but for some reason the author disappeared and didn't uploaded it to the thread.

Sadly I have only read the first three novels. Sorry, user.

Except it's the world as the greeks thought it was, and norse mythology also being there makes no sense. But sure, I guess.

It's been posted off and on a few times over the past few days. The jumpmaker hasn't said it's ready to put up, though, and a bunch of anons had issues with balancing, so it's technically still WIP.

Someone is uploading whatever pdf gets posted to the thread regardless of status and it's kind of annoying.

I don't think anyone would really care. People would still use it if they liked it. Wasn't there a guy who wanted to do Uzumaki as a jump like ten threads back or something? Now that SB has their Uzumaki jump he could make one for here.

Ok?

Cain, Only War, Black Crusade, Death Watch, Imperial Guard, and Space Marines.
Also Orks and SWTOR but those are distant dreams.

The point is, fuck you.

Maybe? I think. I guess we will know in a week or two.

>Forgetting the Horse Heresy

Since the question that started this was from a jumper perspective (which is better for bullshit) that's what i'm focusing on.

It doesn't really matter what's "canon" when we're talking about what powers a jumper gets, where the jump doc clearly has precedence.

Well I was just trying to make the story interesting I hope I at least did that. I probably did bend the parameters of the jump a bit but hopefully it made it more interesting.

Or dark wisdom from overlord.

What jumps take a special interest in constellations?

Are your sensibilities offended just because you can't stand the thought of /jc/ making its own jumps and leaving SB to its own business? SJ-Chan and Dirge aren't going to post their jumps here, and SB is pretty satisfied with how things have worked out.

Paper Mario and Exalted: Sidereals?

Dont forget it was massively funded via cash shop. If it is a bit unfair you could push your stats up with cash items that are basically cheats.

Sburb, arguably.