What is the strongest TCG monster card?

What is the strongest TCG monster card?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/80fbdQBwbO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw i've seen a 6000/5000 card destroyed by man eater bug

It's not just infinite power.
It's 2xInfinite power.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) when a "Don Thousand/Monster B" you control is destroyed, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects, also it cannot attack. Your opponent cannot target other monsters for an attack. During your opponent's End Phase, if they did not declare an attack this turn, they lose the Duel.

would be irrelevant to mtg creatures, since attacks don't bounce back in it.
also: "target player sacrifices a creature"

This is worse than Emrakul because it gives them a full turn to do something to it.

Niggah please.

>I heard you talking shit like I wouldn't find out.

Whatever is in the newest set if we are talking about yugioh, the opposite for mtg

Has there ever been a more unbalanced card game then Yugioh

>Trying to find a broken Pokémon card
>...
>Nothing comes up to the level of ridiculousness in MtG and YGO
Is Pokémon the most balanced TCG there is, considering the current standard formats?

Yes, yes, very good.

HOWEVER

hi

Pokemon is far from balanced.

It also has fucking silly power creep.

>Pokemon is far from balanced.
Explain.

>It also has fucking silly power creep.
Power creep means nothing when everything in the format is equally as powerful. Besides, old cards aren't supposed to be playable anyways; that's why even the expanded format considers BW-on, and things have been pretty much stable since. Mega evolutions have drawbacks (evo card that either uses your pokemon tool or gives a turn away; also they have the same limitations as all Pokemon EX), Pokemon BREAK take up an evolution, and Pokemon GX are basically EX cards that either require evolving or not and instead of having several powerful attacks they have one broken attack, of which only one can be used once per game.

Yes, there is power creep when compared to older editions of the same game. But when compared to the current format it's pretty much balanced. Besides, no card is as ridiculous as some cards in MtG/YGO; no single card can win you a game by itself.

This or pic rel

Garbodor makes your argument invalid.

>no single card can win you a game by itself
So are you telling me that by slapping a Garbodor into any deck is suddenly going to net me all prizes and win the game? Because if that's what you're meaning, then you're wrong.

Garbodor is great to be used TOGETHER WITH other lock cards. That's the deal with Pokémon: cards are there to combine with others to create a whole strategy. For example we could argue that Shaymin-EX is broken on the grounds that slapping it into any deck will make it better; however, it by itself doesn't win you games. If you have a shitty deck no Shaymin is going to save you.

Let's take a more radical example: Decidueye-GX. Its ability is excellent: 20 damage every turn. Having all 4 Decidueye-GX will net you 80 damage without even attacking. But your deck isn't broken; if you somehow don't get to play Forest of Giant Plants, a faster opponent will kill your Rowlets/Dartrixs. That's where the rest of the deck comes in play: you need a whole strategy to outspeed and gain time while you build the Decidueyes.

Ah, to finish my Decidueye example: even if you somehow get to play all 4 Decidueyes, this doesn't mean you will somehow win. Someone with a Garbodor is going to shut you down, for example, and if your Decidueyes get to be KO'd you will give your opponent two prizes.

>6000/5000 card
Such shit exists?

>eight mana

>implying casting.

this one's close

I've always loved Avacyn. (Akroma is a close 2nd).

Kaalia decks with those two are silly.

All this magic and no one's posting the best protection card?

Man, I miss Alara.

Got a better question.
How does Attack/Defense translate to Power/Toughness?

5000 in ygo is extremely high for base stats, 3000 is (used to be at least) on the high end expectations.

Where in MTG 10/10 is considered a high "base" but creatures can reach ridiculous proportions with other forces in an average game.

I have this card.

Coolest flavor text.

YGO is tainted with the japanese hardon for ridiculously huge numbers.

Is exile equal to banish?
What's the Ygo equivalent of saccing, equip to monster (relinquished)?
What's the MTG equivalent of Field cards?

Pretty much every deck has access to a 5K monster now.

Would ygo be better with everything divided by 10/100?

That's essentially double strike though

Well, let's consider the following; what is the lowest attack/defense for a card in both formats that isn't zero? In MtG, it's 1. In YGO, it's 100/50/25. So, divide everything in YGO by 100/50/25 to get what it looks like in MtG.

Then you are a lucky man/woman/amorphous blob.

Field cards for MtG I guess would either be global enchantments or Planes from Planescape.
Exile is "remove that shit from the game" except there are some cards that can interact with that.
MtG doesn't have a straight port of relinquished to my knowledge, but it has lots of saccing stuff, and probably the closest thing I can think of of the top of my head would be Scavenge.

Ygo has 0/0 creatures

>tfw you T1 a Griselbrand in a 60 card kitchen table game with a bunch of friends

Goddamn, Blac is such a fun color to run when people are too stupid to run counters and removal. And Orzhov is even better to tax the Timmies for their big monsters.

Read his post again carefully.

> In MtG, it's 1.
HAHAHA
There's tonnes of walls.
Shapeshifters are 0/0 sometimes, but who knows.

>Try again.

>In MtG, it's 1
-1, actually

The general rule of thumb I use is 400:1 with 8000:20 Life as the basic proportion. is effectively a 12/12 with "this creature gains +X/0 where X is equal to the number of other dragons you control"

Is this the strongest ygo monster?

Nah, this is

>>You spin me round like a record

Not even close. Also madolches are the faggiest archetype in yugioh.

You know, I was trying to find another card that can even match with the general power level of YGO but I can't. The very fact that YGO doesn't have a resource system makes it so all cards are inherently broken as shit.

The closest I could get is something like Ragh Nar Roog from Gwent that would essentially just be everything does the minimal amount of damage possible until a field clear spell is played for 0 cost. But in a world where all games would probably end turn 0, Pact of Negation is also equally as strong as the theoretical strongest card of all time.

In a complete vacuum, lacking outside influence, pic related literally can't lose.

>Dragon Master Knight
>Clearly the card depicts the Knight not the dragon he's a master of.
>Dragon type not Warrrior type

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What now, punk?

I love the effect of it. Basically just lets you show it off despite the 100% zero chance of winning with a rainbow deck.

Tried to think of a joke about airbenders or a literal forum avatar/display picture, but I came up dry.

>play
>it copies Wicked's ATK and DEF
>game breaks

Not the strongest, but super fucking satisfying when overflowing tables.

>this card's ATK and DEF become equal to that monster's original ATK and DEF
>original ATK and DEF
Pretty sure that means his stats wouldn't change.

-1 for power, 0 for toughness.
Thanks time spiral

The original attack of Wicked is ?/?. So Copycat acquires ?/? attack.

>0 for toughness

I think ? value, whatever it is, is considered the original ATK of the card, because ?=/=0

I forgot that was a thing

?/? is treated as 0/0. It's actually pretty silly that they bother with the question marks in the first place.

>this cannot be normal summoned or set except by tributing 3 monsters
>just like three regular ass monsters to summon this black orb of ultimate godliness

I don't get it. Are you implying it's good or bad?

Look at your monster
Now back to me
Now look at your monster
And back to me
Your monster is now a turtle

Anything is possible when your monster doesn't have a "cannot be tributed" effect.

Madolche should have won worlds.

My vote.

Rule wise is a fodder card, but art wise best card ever, ca-caw motherfuckers

Game is called future card buddyfight (from bushiroad, makers of cardfight vanguard)

How dead is Buddyfight? I've only ever known one (1) person who played it.

Raidraptor Ultimate Falcon
> 3500 atk
> Unaffected by other card effects

Number 86 Rhongomyniad
> Unaffected by other card effects
> Your opponent can't summon cards
> Destroy all cards your opponent controls

Exodia
> You win

How soon before every boss monster gets errata'd to say that they can't be tributed?

It's this. Emrakul is so powerful that many of the top tier decks in every format revolve around it. Emrakul has distorted all of MtG with her inescapable mass.

Fucking wrecked.

I think ?/? is an indicator of a dynamic attack power.

It's dead in my area (London) as far as I know apart from me and 3 friends. When it came out it was a lot of fun but then bushiroad got a Hardon for dragons and gave the dragon factions all the power creep.

4 dragon world's and all the other world's (apart from maybe katakana/ninja world) has a dragon subfaction

As for strongest buddyfight card it has to be this fucker... Highest level of a monster allowed on the field is 3 and players start with 10 health... (the small number in between the 2 big numbers is how much damage this Asshole deals to a player

Is this the ugliest tcg?

I'd personally give that to Duel Master

Art is hit and miss, some cool stuff and... Some interesting art to say the least ( I dare you to look up the buddyfight card you da man!)

In terms of what is the strongest, this is. It's completely unviable, illegal in most play, but it's the strongest.

youtu.be/80fbdQBwbO4
>"You can't!"
>"I just did!"

Emrakul, the Aeons Torn doesn't see play in modern, isn't legal in standard, and is banned in EDH. It's only played in Legacy. Griselbrand however sees moderate success in both Modern and Legacy

I wish Mtg was animated

>jacetice league tv shit
kill it with fire

True. Origins was a mistake. Lorwyn 5 had better characterization and chemistry

Post-mending MTG was a mistake

I would unironically watch an mtg show that was super cheesy like He-man even if all the characters were nuwalkers, just imagine every week you'd have bolas playing the part of skeletor while gideon hulks out and throws bitches.

It's only treated as 0/0 for combat purposes. You can't search out a ?/? with a card that let's you tutor say "A creature with 1500 or less attack"

>Implying even the weatherlight saga would be as good as Yu-gi-oh or Pokemon
>implying the lore was ever good

It gets better support from having dragon type. Warrior type mostly gives support to weak warriors

Brother's War and Ice Age are kino. Mirari was a alright and Akroma was weird.

>emrakul doenst see play in modern

Do you even play the format?

Is Copycat+Amulet of Ambition the new Maha Vailo+Mage Power?

Oh so the same effect as Gideon of the trial's emblem?

Fuck off, real fags play harpies

Sup kids.

Yes. I do. If you want to shitpost about it take it to the general. I'm still trying to figure out Yu-gi-oh vanilla stats compare to Mtg.

>dies to maneater bug
Kek

Yes, but a creature. Unless we're now talking about cards that can become creatures or monsters. In which case, through sheer amount in play, both casual or competitive, would be Mishra's Factory.

>victory dragon
>>you win twice

Dude thats fucking awesome.