>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator
mediafire.com/?r6lbis0amxx62ub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Mortarion's dick

How do we get you to die.
Doesn't have to be painful, you just need to stop posting.

Reminder that Veteran Guard based armies are still possible and still good.

Which power weapon is best on Death Company?

Do we want more str for easier wounding or more AP to kill the dudes we wound?

Sixth for CAWL IS A HERETEK

r8 my bug list

Do you really have the time to worry about Cawl doing Heretek shit that's HELPING YOUR SIDE when there's Tyranids eating one half of the galaxy and Chaos consuming the other?

S6 is less of a break point now because it still wounds marines on 3s.

Wasn't much response in the last thread but in the dawn of 7th Edition the Imperial Guard are forced to hold the line against 4155 points of Death Guard in a Tactical Escalation match that was super close. Did you anons play any games too? And would anyone be interested in a batrep?

Deciding between GK and BA for 8th.

Speed and melee is awesome but GKs doing D3 wounds on the average soldier is cool too.

>a list actually using Warriors
About GODDAMN time

>1950 points
For what purpose, are you just trying to figure out what to spend the last 50 points on?

what are you making that in? also looks fun to fight

Magnus the Red
move forward
Smite deals 6 mortal wounds
warp speed to move forward again
in assault range
assault knight
remove knight's 18 remaining wounds
dead knight
I watched this happen today, it was as brutal as Magnus killing two knights with a single Gaze the week after he was released

Mauls. The weapons are pretty well balanced against each other, and they just fucking look better. Hit up your local Deathwatch player and see what you can get.

Don't bother; I know where it is and it only has Nids and, like, half of Chaos Marines in it right now.

UPDATED CHAOS MARINE SCULPTS WHEN

AND I MEAN CHAOS UNDIVIDED, NOT MONOGOD THEMED

40 points for a barebone unit of Termagants being pooped out of the Tervigon incase the enemy doesnt shoot and my Termagants or wipes them out completely.

Swords because of the Sang. Priest's +1S buff. Without that it's pretty even.

Does GW staff get upset if you bring mostly FW models?

Ah, good call.

Squeeze 10 more points of upgrades in there then, if that's the case.

Stop posting this list, it doesn't even have a swarmlord
People corrected you and you still haven't updated it

Hello Veeky Forums how is Daemons state right now? Khorne and Nurgle viable?

It's probably going to be a while. They've done Tzeentch and Nurgle, no one can wait for Slaanesh, and eventually they'll have to do Khorne just to round it out. Probably won't have Undivided until after then.

Mine is cool with it, but I buy a shitload of stuff there so he knows better than to run me off. As long as you aren't advertising them over store stuff there should be no issue.

>it doesn't even have a swarmlord
>implying

>take primaris
>paint black and gold
>???

worse than mine

xth for traitors were right
emps doesn't care about the primarchs
get fucked loyalists

No. Although there are some stories of ones who do. Seems like the vast minority if thats the case.

WAAC FAGGOTS GET OUT OF MY ARMY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'd be fine if we got Slaanesh marines because he's my favorite Chaos god. I just wanted some regular undivided that way I could actually some chaos space marines that are dedicated to whichever god I wanted and not have them look like old outdated models.

>Does GW staff get upset if you bring mostly FW models?
Even if you bring 100% FW it's against the rules for them to object. You can contact GW and have them reprimanded if they cause a fuss.

I think you can probably make a viable mixed list but none of the mono-god lists seem any good,

Not him but you can't even build a fucking flyrant right, son, you have no place judging other nid lists.

Yeah they ultimately still suffer from no single god having enough tools to handle all concerns.

Are Flame Weapons/Burnza Boyz effective anti-air because they auto-hit/ignore the -1 to-hit-flyers penalty or am I being memed?

Wouldn't you have to play your Black Legion using Loyalist rules then? If you're that much of a cuck then why are you even playing BL?

>You can contact GW and have them reprimanded if they cause a fuss.
Not true, my local gw banned FW since someone got salty after a SM player brought leviathan dreads to every game and the manager banned them. I called up gw in my country and they said the manager had the right to do so if they wanted to. Now I go to a different gw slightly further out since in my country lgs almost don't exist and if they do they rarely run gw games in store

>are S4 guns effective against vehicles?
no

>genestealer blobs with no swarmlord or toxin sacs
>warriors with no prime or heavy bio
>venomthropes instead of zoanthropes
>exocrine without biovores
>prime without adrenal glands
It's like you're trying your hardest to make a sub-par list. And don't tell me "Sorry I'm not going to tournaments" when you post it asking for ratings

> Posts a list for critique
> Gets angry when other people critique it

????????

They ignore the -1 but they're not actually that good? They're S4 so they're wounding on 5s, rarely with any AP, and no multi damage.

Assuming you can get them in range of a flyer, yes. The problem is that you have an 8" gun and a typical flyer is moving anywhere from maybe 40-90 inches in a turn.

8" range and 5" move = only if your opponent is brain damaged

That's not my list faggot, I'm just calling you stupid for thinking Swarmlord is necessary

b-but what if I play nids...

So what strategy seems to be the best for Dark Eldar now? Wyches or Kabalites in a raider?

No. They can't either; they're legal models. Get their name and contact GW. There is loads of bullshit greentext stories out there, so look out. They can only do anything if they think your FW are 3rd party recasts.

We've known ever since ADB wrote it so. Have a (You) since you're so desperate for them.

>not taking two pairs of talons on a flyrant
If someone posts their list for critique I'll give options to make it better

R8 please.

>spending 41 points for talons when monstrous rending claws are free, take only a single weapon slot, and are statistically equal or better against most targets

Warriors in Venoms, Wyches in raiders

see They can ban it, I'll provide country and even exact store if needed so you can check

what program

Primaris are too fat for drop pods!

Warriors in venoms? What about blasterborn? Are they any good?

It's necessary if you want the fastest assault in the game or want your stealers to survive getting to the enemy with their 5+ save

Venerable dreadnoughts hit on 2s
Ironclads are toughness 8
I can take individual apothecaries and models
Imperial Space Marine is an individual character

I think they are - pricey but they can put the hurt on a manster.

Can Hellblasters the Drop Pods?

What country was it? That shit likely wouldn't fly in UK or USA. What was the grounds for banning it? Why did he ban Forge World and not Leviathan Dreads?

>unironically mixing primarines and manlets
disgusting

Spending 300 points for a movement gimmick instead of just getting another 300 points of stealers and hormagaunts and presenting overwhelming multiple threats? Come on now.

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

How are they better? On a regular tyrant it's understandable because you want to keep them cheap with the addition to a bioweapon

>be emperor
>be betrayed by favorite son
>watch him turn to darkness, have to battle him to the death
>get mortally wounded
>be put in golden throne
>be stuck, alive but not living, dying but not dead, for 10,000 years
>watch all you worked for become a rotting carcass that would execute you for trying to reform it
>watch trillions of men die for nothing
>watch your sons either die or be turned into horrible monsters by your hated enemies
>be kept alive by human sacrafices each day
>be forced to see everything, every horror, across the entire galaxy
>have to fight off daemons and keep the astronomican powered all with your mind every instant of every second
>watch all your allies, soldiers and friends die
>be in tune with warp, experience all the suffering and prayers of the trillions of trillions for whom you are their only hope, their god, even though you don't want to be one
>watch your skin rot away, you're flesh fall off, you're nerves grow dead, and be unable to do anything about it despite your powers
>be wittness to all of this for 10,000 years, and be unable to do much, just stir in your own thoughts

>people get upset that you aren't loving and kind when you talk

The fact that the emperor isn't just saying "kill me" every second is a testament to his strength and willpower, he's suffered more than anyone else in history and yet he's still able to be semi-coherent.

The Pod is for the taticool.

Finally got a test game in today against Dark Angels playing Admech. The lists were 750 and really just thrown together last minute, but it was quite a bit of fun none the less. First thing I learned is that CC will actually fuck you up. The "haha how is melee even real" meme is pretty much bullshit, as falling back basically means you're fucked when the enemy charges again, overwatch or not. Shooting is definitely stronger than CC, but not in an overpowering way. As far as Admech specific things go, it's pretty much what everyone has been saying. Vanguard are pretty great, Rangers are only good for sniping characters, but are damn good at it. Robots are also fantastic, shooty or punchy. Dunecrawlers are fucking amazing, especially for the price. They also double as a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX because of how strong they are, which can be used to great advantage. Haven't played with Cawl, but the regular Dominus is a great HQ for all the reasons you would expect. Overall I'm very happy with this edition so far, I think more people will jump on the 8th bandwagon once they play a game. Also quick note, power levels are really good for new players, and decently balanced from what I can tell.

You can use old chaos marine heads and shoulders with the primaris body, arms and legs right?
But won't the chestpiece look "Mark X" and not "Mark whatever" like chaos use? What's the easiest mark to convert it to?

For the size difference you can use the excuse of course that warp mutations made them bigger, maybe greenstuff a bit of flesh seeping out between the joints in the armor here and there to show the mutations.

That can't be right. Tau don't have drop pods.

Tati"COOL"

Same AP, re-rolling Wounds is huge on Strength 6 while re-rolling 1's on 2+ WS isn't a very big benefit, better against 2+ armour (unless they have 5++ or better) due to -6 on Rends, and so forth.

Unless you're using the 2 sets of talons = +2 attacks potential exploit, which I am avoiding because I know it's going to get FAQ'd, the re-roll Wounds and cheaper points makes them worth it.

Also it's super easy to convert scything talons to just like like huge, scarier rending claws.

They arent terrible againt T7 or less ones.

Lets take an average flamer with d6 hits
3.5 hits
1.16 wound
.38 fail to save
.38 damage
So 3 flamers will do about one wound. HFlamers are only slightly better because ap -1.

Lets take a guardsman with a las cannon
.3333 hit
.2222 wound
.18 fail to save
.65 damage

Lets take a guardsman with an autocannon
.6666 hit
.3333 wound
.1666 fail to save
.3333 Damage

They are meh at it and the range makes them even worse.

It's not just a one time movement gimmick, swarmlord is an absolute monster that takes wounds on tyrant guard, gets two psyker powers a turn, has a good invuln when it needs it, longer synapse range and has Shadow in the Warp that subtracts -1 to enemy psyker rolls. The Hive Commander ability is all game and is SO incredibly beneficial.

Any advice on Imperial Guard? I'm wondering which type of Sentinel would be better to take now, as well as if a Missile Launcher along with a Hunter-Killer is a decent option.

I'm also looking for any sorts of close combat options aside from Ogyrn. Apart from trying to kit out a company commander and have him duke it out with a powerfist, there doesn't seem to be much

All those other things you described are true of any Hive Tyrant though. For Swarmlord you're paying more for just the Hive Commander ability and some buffed stats, but lose flexibility on choosing weapons or taking wings.

I don't know, I just hate special characters and avoid using them where possible. Maybe I'll just convert a counts-as Swarmlord with 4 sets of talons.

Power-Lifter. Replace Ogryn with Power-Lifter Sentinels.

You probably want to drop some dudes from that tac squad for a rhino so you can hide the DC behind it. The increased fragility of this edition means they will last maybe one round each, unless you are trying to deep strike in and charge the turn they drop (and not get double overwatched).

rough riders are an option, but if you're looking for close combat allies are probably a better one

How are we planning on playing 8th online boys? Vassal? TTS? I haven't played online since 6th, can't wait to try out 8th!

Where do you get Dreadnought Missile Launcher bits from?

I'm liking the look of Missile Launchers now that frag don't need to worry about their small template getting one to zero hits and crack are better now that their AP applies regardless of what they shoot.

Dreadnoughts.

is there an archive for Black Library audiobooks? It'd be nice to paint my minis while listening to stories about my minis

Does the Venerable Dreadnought box just not come with one?

fuck yeah, missiles are actually good now, as are grenades!

can't WAIT to throw frags into piles of shitter troops and get 4+ kills per throw

And unlike Lorgar, once Bobby G found out that he was made by an unloving god he didn't give up, cry in the corner, and mope about how to get revenge.
Besides know that he knows he's really a demigod, he might actually live up to all the memes and go after the only living demigoddess in 40k for companionship.

The men of the Anglican 3rd with all of their warmachines and infantry had deployed to the ruins of the city outskirts evidence of the Dark Gods corruption evident in the warriors they found and with the growl of the zombies the Death Guard attacked.

I'm not sure if Power-lifter Sentinels will end up still having rules, unless you mean to use the Ogryn rules and have the Sentinels in place of them. Still, I'd certainly love the idea of sticking some melee weapons to a Sentinel.

I kind of like the idea of Rough riders, but I can't find any models I like. I was considering doing a conversion with Chariots from the Fantasy range, but that seemed messy with sizes and unit numbers

Yeah, with what I have so far I could probably use the versatility and range. I also like the idea of having the Hunter-Killer missile as a rather cheap way to double its firepower for one turn.

I'd also planning on putting in some vets with shotguns and flamers along with HWTs with heavy bolters for some horde clearing

audiobookbay has pretty much all of them

Nope, I mean Power-Lifters.

Forge World is releasing rules for their units, including old units. However, I'll concede that the Power-Lifter was always a support and utility vehicle, and never intended for serious melee, so is probably not going to be a balanced vehicle so much as interactive terrain decoration.

It's still a great looking goddamn Sentinel variant.

Pre heresy :^)

It's in Sydney Australia
Apparently lots of people got sick of facing 3 leviathan dreads and he just banned it outright

Ah, I wasn't sure if they'd be releasing rules for the stuff they didn't sell anymore.

Maybe I could run one as a Pentinent Engine instead

You're not getting 4+ kills a throw. You roll d6, and then roll to hit that many times. You'll be lucky to even hit 2+ models

Thoughts on the following?

Battalion - Total of 6 CP
>Haemonculus - Venom w/Double Cannon
>5x Warriors - Venom w/Double Cannon
>10x Wyches - Agoniser, Raider w/Dark Lance
>10x Wracks - 2x Liquifier Guns, Raider w/Dark Lance
>5x Trueborn - 3x Blasters,Venom w/Double Cannon
>Ravager w/3x Dark Lances

>Shadowseer
>5x Harlequins - 5x Harlequin's Caress, Starweaver

>Farseer Skyrunner
>6x Windriders - 6x Shruiken Cannons
>3x Vypers - 3x Missile Launchers

Should i just want till tomorrow anons? I know everybody is hyped for 8th and i don't want to take up the thread.

Final Release for tonight, I need to look at something else for a while. Hopefully I can get it all done by release day but it's a hell of a lot of work.

V4 release sometime tomorrow with IG either partially done or finished.

(Vulkan and Sternguard fixed for salamander bro)

mediafire.com/?r6lbis0amxx62ub

Bug reports can go to /u/WindstormSCR on reddit. yes, yes I know, but it's better than a throwaway email I'll forget to fucking check.

Happy listmaking