Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1537: Invite Only Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1496/12/1496123229306.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So which bread we use?

Perks to improve recovery from training?

The one that's numbered correctly.

Do you throw bitchin' house parties, Jumpers?
How crazy do they get?

Regeneration perks, maybe? Any of them, I'd wager.

Basically the DC magic system doesn't have a MP cap? You can always train to increase your MP pool or channel outside power into a spell.

Is the MP you can put into a spell based on skill level and skill can always improve?

Is the ability to always improve your skill at magic also a part of the DC Magic System, or the Greatest Magician of the Age Perk?

Fire Emblem Heroes has cheap stamina potions you can take for that.

Thanks

Trying to not be too broken so avoiding straight up regen perks

On the structures, well they are just mental constructs that translate to soulstuff. At some level mind and soul get close enough that the 'passengers' can manifest in the Bleach Inner World. And since it is inside of my mind i can alter it easily with some psichyc perks and meditation.

Even nonsensical forms. For example, the entire Inner world is inside a 40K styled over-armored fortress in the middle of a wasteland. Beach Huts have backdoors to a mountain cabins. TV's play memories, current events, and such both mine and from minions with a link; Radios can play music; Books have technical info; and while unnecesary, cafeterias can just make food appear.

Having people in your head is weird.

Why would you make a thread when one already exists, friend?

I beg to disagree.

Also Gil could shoot weapons that werent even his. And i dont remember him ever shooting an arrow. His own personal Noble Phantasm was Ea. A drill-/sword/ thing that shoot disintegrating beams.

And EMIYA used /swords/. His affinity is Swords, his Origin is swords. His Noble Phantasm was a reality marble Unilimited Blade Works that made Unlimited Swords. What's his class? Archer!

I am at least using ranged weapons!

Why cant I be the Charles Babbage of heavy ordinance?

Autism,mainly.

Because not only was the other one not numbered correctly, but OP was a shitposter who didn't delete his minute-late when he had several minutes to do so.

But that thread predates yours, so there was no reason to make another while that was still on the board and well below bump limit.

Nope. This thread is the correct thread, in that it follows in sequence from the previous thread, where as the other thread is merely a failed attempt at replacing the previous; so it could not have been the new thread, since it is old.

such autism much wow

That's not how that works.

That's not how any of this works.

Nope. Sorry, them's the breaks, the other thread is not, and will never be, the real thread. The last thread is linked in the OP of this one, this one is the next in sequence; that one was made a minute late and abandoned for a number of hours until the thread it attempted to replace fell off the thread.

Any perk to keep me from losing my gains or prevent rust from lack of training?

I think SAO had one

Infinite Stratos has one under the Christmas Cake origin, IIRC.

That's really not how this works, but whatever. Congratulations on winning, your prize is autism.

Didn't we have a guy like this in full force when they were trying to force their invalid jumps off the drive?

With the JUMPER drawback, would also adding COMPANION as a second bad-future person be okay? Because I'm pretty sure she'd be more dangerous, as the social and crafting also mindrape person to my omnitactical battle hydra.

And I wanna write up fighting both, because I'm a masochist. also because both would be from timelines where the other died and drove them mad, because SYMBOLISM or some bullshit like that

If you like, I don't see too much of an issue. It won't make the issues they dealt with any better or allow them to rely on each other for support on dealing with the bad things and you will need to deal with both separately, rather then saving one and getting them to help against the other.

I don't know if it's because I'm autistic or what, but that feeling you get after minmaxing a build when you add everything up and it balances out and you end up with 0cp is so satisfying.

I don't get that feeling, but I do get irrationally mad when I end up with 50CP left over.

Ever gotten really lost, /jc/?

Hard Mode: not due to a Drawback.

Can someone help me remember where a perk comes from? The perk let your body accommodate powers that would normally be mutually exclusive and would damage you if you possessed them both under normal circumstances. I believe the perk was from a relatively recent jump, if that helps.

I don't know, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Opposite Magic from Anima.

Try Duel Monsters: Shadow Realm. Should be one of the priest perks?

No, though that is a nice perk all the same. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

That's the one I was thinking of. Dedication Through Light and Darkness. Thanks, user.

Somehow, I wandered to one of those Netherworlds in Disgaea in the DLC, beat everyone up/killed them, and then fixed the thing. The Senate made me an Overlord for some reason after that??

All because I got lost once and then saw a big castle and beat everyone up in it because I sensed really strong people in it and I constantly seek worthy foes

Can someone post the latest version of Arrowverse?

So apparently, Wild Card just... Disappeared, at some point?

He died.

oh no

Right after Elona did. Was a bad day.

Is it kosher to trade using something like MtA mastery using Deal with the Devil for someone else's mastery so that I'm technically going outside the rules by having higher Arcana overall?

The perk says it extends to your skills, your body and your beauty are protected. Is there anything that's going to protect your spiritual/magical might from entropy? (Is it reasonable to assume that this perk might cover that? Personally it feels like at least a small stretch).

If it doesn't, there's a perk in the drop in line for Seven Deadly Sins that covers magic entropy

I think Rock of Ages from Generic Xianxia might? If not that, then Beast Beyond Nature from Greek Myth?

Buttfuck AM in the dead of night is as good as any to post this semi-jumpable WIP.

>semi-jumpable
That seems really... optimistic, senpai.

I am well aware it isn't a complete product (Hence the, y'know, "semi" part), and it's more or less proof that I am working on it at this moment.

I am far, far from satisfied with this and I do not intend to leave it unfinished.

>MANYFIST CLAIMS JOHNNY BRAVO JUMP
You heard it here first, folks!

2017-05-30 archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1496/12/1496123229306.pdf

woah mama

So I recently marathoned Gravity Falls and since we have a jump I gotta ask

What did you do in GF? What were your builds?

Does taking Speedster cost 200, or gives 200? Also, do we get points from the mandatory drawback?

Is it good?

In the Arrowverse jump, New Kid On The Block has a weird finishing sentence, I think there's a middle segment missing.
>Should you choose to betray this friendship, which should only be expected as there's no honor amongst thieves.

I enjoyed it quite a lot, but it is ofc a cartoon in the end. But you can tell the creator had fun with it.

so yeah I recommend it

> I am at least using ranged weapons!
That's kind of my my point. That's just screaming Archer class.

EMIYA was a magus who used swords and could replicate Noble Phatasms. What did he do with them primarily as an Archer class servant? He shot them or threw them at people.

Gilgamesh had a giant armory of Noble Phantasms. (which IIRC were all his - his legend was that in his time he owned all the cool stuff, and that's the reason he has that Collector rank) What, as an Archer class, does he do with 99.999% of them? He shoots them at people.

You are primarily a magus with a bunch of guns you are turning into Noble Phantasms. What are you doing with them? You are shooting them at people. QED, you are an Archer, albeit one in deep denial.

I paid Stanley a large amount of money to rent a room in the Mystery Shack, allowing me to be present for a lot of the family shenanigans.
Because a big enough stack of bills will convince Stan to let you do a lot of things, and a big enough stack of bills on top of that will convince him not to ask questions about where you got the first stack of bills. So I literally bought my way into the plot.

During the first half of the summer I spent a lot of time studying things and collecting samples and schematics, in particular from that UFO and the portal device, but also just the flora and fauna. My cover story was that I was a researcher/tourist who liked studying outdoorsy areas and local folklore. Which wasn't totally untrue?

When Ford showed up, things got kindof hairy, because it turned out I had a lot of journal entries about me? And he actually recognized me. Which was hilarious!
I think it threw everyone off when Ford was all like, "You!", and I was just like, "HI FORD!"
Then I took Stan's side in the argument that I shouldn't have had any knowledge of, listing off the reasons why Ford was a terrible brother, and then I had to leave the Shack for awhile because Stan no longer had technical authority to allow me to stay. He was conflicted about it anyway, it was less complicated if I left.

But I showed back up during Weirdmageddon and helped make the Shack more comfortable for the refugees.
It's amazing what Warehouse amenities can do to brighten up a place.

Anyone planning on making a jump for Age of Guilliman or is everyone sticking with classic 40k?

Technically the Imperium of Man can extend you enough for the Gathering Storm to pass.

And also, is everything out yet? We still need more codex and novels I think before we can make a jump out of it without needing to update it each two or three months.

> Konata: "Mr Pines! I'm new to Gravity Falls and I just wanted to say I love your shack! I'm a traveling botanist, and I'd be honored if you'd let me rent a room while I do my research!"
> Stan: "This ain't a bed 'n' breakfast, lady."
> Konata: "Yeah, I thought you might say that. So that's why I thought to bring over some of my PAPERS to show you my esteem!"
> Konata hands Stan a large wad of bills.
> Konata: "I'm VERY rich."
> Stan: "Like I said, welcome to the Mystery Shack! Your home away from home! Let me show you to your room."

And that's about how that conversation went.

That room sucked, by the way. I don't think it'd EVER been dusted.

I'm now imagining a whole episode dedicated around Dipper believe that you are hiding something and are not just an "ordinary" person. This leads to several hijinks with it ending that Dipper has no proof and drops the case until Ford shows up.

Also, I like to believe that you were just constantly watching the events take place while eating ice cream.

yeah I can see that working. Given yor usual modus operandi no big plot diverences overall I take it?

You would think that ten years of Weirdmageddon would be fun, at least until someone had the brilliant idea of bringing the party to other dimensions.

But when people are high on time punch and tortured mortal souls, they trend to forget that their multiverse was filled with powerful deities who don't exactly like having others messing with their personal planes.

Aside from Teigu from Akame ga Kill, Devices from Nanoha, and CADs from Irregular at Magic HIgh School, what are some useful devices that you can typically only use one of.

Stopped Weirdmageddon,healed a lot of those forgetful cultists,helped Ford with his research,Got some good scans of some stuff like the size crystals And the mind Switching carpet. kind of played great gazoo,helped Mabel mature as a person, by creating a permanent psychic link between her and her brother, helped Dipper lighten up, by creating a permanent psychic link between him and his sister.

Totally happened!

Yeah, I mean. Everything gets fixed at the end anyway, why change it? That's always my motto.
Don't fix what ain't broke.

But since I'd scanned the journals into the Pixelator -- and they were cheap to recreate due to being basically nothing but normal books with different kinds of ink -- that meant that I was able to replace them when they got destroyed in Weirdmageddon.
Which lead to a weird moment where Dipper realized the books didn't have any way to help him anymore, and he was gonna man up and fix things himself. With Mable.
Sometimes, even main characters surprise you.

Also, I took the Giffany drawback, so that whole thing with Soos? Didn't happen. I had to play stealth matchmaker to get him to "accidentally" meet whatshername. Not that the plot would have changed much either way, but they're just so happy together, you know?

We locked Giffany in a special box I had to make to keep her sealed.
Boy, was that ever an adventure!
> Dipper: "So, now that that's over with... where did you learn to make that seal?"
> Konata: "Uhhhhhhhhh... internet."
> Dipper: "Internet?"
> Konata: "Internet."

Got any crazy hair /jc/?

that depends on your definition of hair,is a Adamantine plated drill hair? Failing that I do have a monkey tail beard, which most people consider crazy hair.

No. That's just stupid. As stupid as your neon orange dick.

Sometimes a non drop-in origin in anime land leaves me with green hair, but that's pretty much it.

What is he trying to compensate for, /jc/?

My lack of sanity as a result of being raised by Pennywise,we've already gone over this several times.

And everything else.

Best vamps to become?

dead apostle

Umm which of these fate jumps is the real one?

They all are, It's cool they are more than 10 years apart in the timeline of that universe.

I know its weird but honestly other than the groinsaw I dont see what is so bad.

Really? Well that is awesome thank you bancho.

oh, it gets bad but I used to be A lot worse. I'm trying

you are welcome, I'm happy to help

Vampire the Masquerade's vampires can get ridiculous with age (easy for a Jumper), experience (ditto), and a sufficiently low generation (which you can get through draining vampires of such generation dry, though it's risky without perks to ensure you're not going to have your "victim" take over your body).

The highest powered vampires in the setting are explicitly compared to "plot devices". They can get so good at mastering their vampiric powers that the specifics of what they can do is at the discretion of the GM/Storyteller.

It's a pretty risky Jump, though, so it's better for an already high-powered Jumper.

If you want something for early Chain, Twilight vampires are pretty good. They have super strength and speed, extreme resilience, and none of the typical weaknesses outside of a vulnerability to fire (which isn't really an issue when you can just extinguish it at super speed). And they get a random psychic power as a bonus.

Not new, but my jumper is a madness inducing mass of undifferentiated tissue and bone that eats people. Just a big black guy with dino feet is not that bad.

Would you smooch that hair?

>Not new, but my jumper is a madness inducing mass of undifferentiated tissue and bone that eats people. Just a big black guy with dino feet is not that bad.

they're not even dinosaur feet, they are weird boots. if you look Closely you can see His actual feet in the glass boots

I'm usually okay with any ruling that isn't a full stop, mostly arbitrary hardcap on capabilities that can't be circumvented even with out of jump perks. Those in particular are bullshit and invalid, because jumpmakers don't get to make rulings on what happens when out of jump perks get involved with their own unless asked.

Actually I think the plane fate one is no longer valid anymore. I think stay night took its place, Im not sure why it is still there.

The basic Fate jump covers more than just Stay Night, and is in the process of being split up in multiple jump (it'll be removed whenever Val finishes with that).

For now, it can still be used for the 1st and 3rd Grail Wars, as well as Apocrypha, Strange Fake, and Prototype.

No I'm pretty sure val said that one was still good up until all the fates had a jump, it's kinda like a general.

Arligth yes.

However.

I am not a mere "Archer"

I am the GUN WIZARD.

Also the build works better with caster i mean i knda need the EX mana if i want to apply Knigth of Onor/owner to so many weapons and the workshop with Item Creation to make magic cannons...

Plus i could also make Magic Mechas and tuen them into Gundam NP's.
Can EMIYA do that? Can he make a Noble Gundam?

NO! Only the DAKKA MAGE, THE GUN WIZARD, THE ORDINANCE SORCERER.

So yeah. Caster was for economy reasons more than thematic,

From SB huh?

what is a good jump to go to if you wanted to do ritual magic with spell circles and shit? Basically FMA alchemy without Truth, but magic instead. And preferably able to do things other than just transmutation.

GURPS Monster Hunters

It gives you access to Ritual Path Magic, which is comparable to Mage magic, but both a bit more flexible and a bit less vague.

It can do matter restructuring easily enough, though... it takes "ritual" seriously, so it's not intended to be a case of "just slap a fancy circle on that shit, magic loves circles".

no hablo

Sword and Sorcery seems like it'd be good for that?

hero BBS,world of cultivation and high school DXD have whatever God damn magic systems you want.

How should a jumper deal with Taylor in worm?
Therapy perks and lots of love.

I've waifued less attractive women with shittier personalities. Might as well if you're going to be attached to her for 10 years.

So fate question since we seem to be on the topic this morning, if I go to fate kaleid and become grail candidate and get wish magic as well as nameless phantasm cards, go to other fates and get other magic stuff by being a mage servant, and add some other creation things could I make NPs?

Im kinda really hard into the enchanting thing but NPs seem to be something different than most other magic weapons somehow and I would like to be able to hand out megaweapons.

Thanks!
Yeah, Hero BBS seems like it would probably be the best fit. Thanks!

You can make Noble Phantasms with Item Creation Ex, or the First True Magic with a ton of time and effort studying.

Grail Candidate and Wish Magic probably wouldn't help you with making them, because basic Magecraft simply can't make them. You could do Mystic Codes though.

They're not really magic, so much as calcified legends or something, which is why they're weird and usually not really created from scratch.

Slap her out of her bullshit and self-destruction.