Is there a better feeling than being the party wizard and going through a freshly looted spellbook?

Is there a better feeling than being the party wizard and going through a freshly looted spellbook?

Showing up to the first session, finding out everybody's playing wizards and there's zero overlap in spell selection, and having the GM say he thinks having to pay to add spells to your spellbook is silly.

Being in a party without a wizard in it

Being the party bard and going through a freshly looted princess.

>tfw I had an antagonist steal the Wizard's spellbook
>He never made a back-up copy

I felt pretty bad about it honestly but sometimes you need to jab a knife into the big weak spots.

>That one fucker who only casts Wall of Stone in increasingly imaginative ways.

>Casting Wall of Stone below you to reach new heights/dodge attacks.
>Casting Wall of Stone on the wall behind you and jumping on it as it expands to ride it forward.
>Casting Wall of Stone beneath the dragon's neck to smash it against the ceiling and break it.
>Buying a stone greatshield so you can point it at someone and cast Wall of Stone for a one time use cannon blast.

Being the party weapon master and going through the freshly looted magical items and monster gubbins

Being the party paladin and going through a glorious last stand.
>Go! I'll slow them down! GO!

Is that from WoW?

Beiny the party rogue and going through a freshly looted box of gems, appraising each and finding them pristinely cut and immensely valuable.

Being the party GM and going through some A+ roleplaying in which no player is left out it overwhelmed

>When you find two wizard spellbooks when off exploring by yourself
>When you're a bard and keep them for yourself and never give them to the Wizard
>When the wizard has to RP that he has no idea

In my current pathfinder game the GM isn't letting our wizard get the 2 spells known on level up so he is always super hype whenever we kill a caster or find a scroll.

>You were gone for awhile... did you uhhhh... did you find anything out there?

That's why we have no bards policy

there is a special spot in hell just for you.

>I'm going to not give our wizard spellbooks that could contain spells that could significantly benefit our party because of ??? reasons

literally why

Nope. Nothing. Lets continue on buddy, Dragons to slay etc.

This.

The wizard is a bit rude desu.

there are people in this world who cannot experience joy unless it came at the expense of others.

We have many names for these kinds people, assholes, douches, jerks, to name but a few.

They are almost universally hated by all.

And you stand among them, I'd advise taking stock of your life and your choices, but that would require retrospection, which one like you cannot, or will not do. but just know that no one really likes you.

I'm trying to find some ideas for the boring old fire magic. Nothing incredibly imaginative but so far I've got, among things that aren't "burn shit down", mostly thing related to inner fire, will and soul.
> Combat tricks: vapour/heat/smoke screen Solar Flare
> Healing by rekindling the life force or something, but also thermoregulation (can also be used to make people sick)
> For the same reason: fire base buffs
> For the same reason: berserk and hot-blooded things
> Forge related things: either to literally help in the forge or battle repair (basically pic related)
> Animate objects: breathe life into objects, and part of the process to create golems
Like I said, nothing really innovative. Any ideas?

Explosive Runes

>being mad
>implying he cares

Not him, but how would retrospection help in this case?
>bbbut I didn't know what come over me at the time
That's an excuse people use use to try and dodge the responsibility

>tfw find a spellbook filled with mainly evil necromancy based spells on my neutral wizard.
>watch the good clerics smile fade as the DM again tempts my character with a path to the dark

I finally found someone who is too much of a shit for even Veeky Forums.

Yeah I had a GM do that once. He wanted finding a spellbook to be special, so no free spells. The campaign fell apart when I got 7th level and still had only one third level spell (a utility spell). I was like "fine I'm out" and the rest of the group was fed up too.
He was good at rping a scene with NPCs but a shit DM overall. To this day he thinks he's amazing and we were just whining.

Being the party rogue and going through a freshly looted anything.

>Not him, but how would retrospection help in this case?

His character is the kind of person who wouldn't just give the spellbooks to the wizard

Sometimes these games aren't just about getting big damage numbers and killing everything you nerds

I'd be furious if I was the Wizard player, and if I was GM, I'd probably make the book fall out of the Bard's pack or whatever at some point. But it is great how triggered this is getting people.

That's right, sometimes they are about being a douche in a safe environment

>I'd probably make the book fall out of the Bard's pack or whatever at some point
You sound like a railroading nonce m8. I would not play in your game.

Not even the bardposter.

Accidents never happen in artificial situations and crime is often solved due to accidents. They should be able to confront each other directly

>it just falls out of your pocket
>no you don't get a reflex save to avoid it

>all these triggered wizard tears

IRL people are never as douchey as their characters. It's just a license to be a dick.

Wizard spellbooks are pretty damn big and heavy. They're not paperback airport novels. And he has two of them. Just how much other gear does he carry?how big is his pack? Unless this guy has a rucksack like a body bag, they're going to be hard to conceal over a period of days or weeks.

I guess stuff they used in A:TLA? Fire under one's feet with jet-engine ferocity to achieve almost hoverblades or Iron Man style flight. Bullshit lightning as concentrated Fire if you're already going to go for metaphorical fire.

I'm a wizard and that's hilarious, I can totally see 2 of my party members doing that