Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tournament players debate tier of each army edition part 1.

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/31/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-necrons/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

*teleports into first*

2k points allows up to 3 detachments and I assume that's the point level most people play.

Alright anons, what is the best and the worst change change for your army?

As far as TSons are concerned

>Rubrics are not trash anymore
>Rule of Fuck Psykers

haha, this ain't 7th edition... you ain't shit no moar nigga

Post your vague prediction of tiers

I predict top tier being tyranids and orks.

>Space Marine bikers have Turbo-boost
>Ork Warbikers do not.

what the fuck.

Also

>painboys must take a Power Klaw or Killsaw

The model doesn't even have either.

It's like they saw the ancient Mad Doc model and based the loadout off that. While the newer plastic model only has doc's tools and the 'urty syringe modeled.

Dreads in pods were the coolest shit, sad to see them gone.

Can Primaris even compete?

Do marines still need to take a dangerous terrain test when they exit a Stormraven?

Do dreadnoughts if they don't have magna-grapple?

Page 22 of the PDF 214 of the book, bottom left corner has the restrictions on detachments.

But they aren't gone, they are in the new FW book.

>that fucking cherub

Tier one:
>Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Orkz, Ynnari, maybe Guard

Tier 2:
>Space Marines, Space Wolves, Necron, maybe other Space Marine variants, Blood Angels could make a comeback(the Baal Predator is sexy for clearing hordes)

Tier 2.5
>CSM and some Daemons, Admech, Sisters

Tier Pee-pee-poo-poo
>Tau, Greyknights, Tzeentch Daemons

I'm working on my Skitarii right now.

How is AdMech looking? The 50's Robots any good?

AdMech in 2.5? Why so, user?

top tier:
Orks, Nids, AM (this is the hoard edition)

Mid tier:
Muhrines, Eldari, Druchari, Skitari, Blood Angels

Low tier:
Tau, Ghey Knights, Daemons, CSM

>no Eldar

Harlequins are Tier 1.
Craftworld is Tier 2.

Tau:
Riptide: while it did deserve a nerf, was nerfed into oblivion
Xv25 stealthsuits, no points increase but got +1W/T/S

>Tzeentch Daemons
>Bad
Really? I mean horrors seemed pretty meh but Flamers and Burning Chariots w/ Exalted Flamers seemed damn fine.

>Tier 1
>ORKZ

You zoggin' loonatik, we'z not got any invuln-orrible saves!

I'm just judging this based on what I hear everyone else say.

Where do you thin Wolves fit?

Eldar is a meme, so I just listed Ynnari.

>Where do you thin Wolves fit?
mid tier... their CC will be a boon

>Orks and Nids at the top

We Bizarro Edition now boooooyz

Invulns mean much less in 8e than in 7e. Here they're just a cap your save can't be reduced past, instead of often the only save you'll ever get due to black and white AP.

am I reading this right? are tempestor primes now a hq choice?

>I'm just judging this based on what I hear everyone else say
I'm beginning to see why anons don't rate Veeky Forums as a source of tactical knowhow.

its been a long time coming and everyone I know is happy to see it... We all look forward to facing the green tide

It's close combat horde edition.

They are. Tempestus Guard is top tier now because the Taurox is stupid good.

I'm predicting that the first impression placements are due to mentally overcorrecting for buffs and nerfs, and that everyone's actually going to be in a fairly narrow band, power-wise. If Tau is bottom and Ork is top (which is hilarious), then the 8e power gap is substantially smaller than in 7e.

Kastelans are looking to be the centrepoint of the whole army. Admech has some of the worst mobility of any army so having fuck you amounts of firepower with melee power when they eventually reach you is just perfect IMO.

>Guard
From worst to less worse
>vendetta is kill
>veterans now elite
>no more combined squads
>demolisher sucks ass
>wyvern has no more ignore cover
>templates got nerfed

However

>manticore is best boy again
>never been so good since 5th
>wyvern still good despite above
>HWT cheap af
>melee weapons cheap af
>punisher and executioner still good
>vehicles still beefy
>people memeing with conscripts are giving me some hearty keks

Why the hell did you put GK on the lowest tier ?!

It's great though, just strange after so long.

See We're deep in the echo chamber here.

>memeing with conscripts

It's memeing until you see 50 of them backed by a Commissar FRFSRF.

And since Skitarii are troops for AdMech, do we really need to use Katapron sevitors?

Vendetta is in the FW index you fucking buffoon, I've seen this shitpost 10 times to day and each time it's wrong.

Vendetta is FW now

Nah, that one I strongly believe myself. Grey Knights cost a ton of points and their psyker abilities got cucked. Better to just play vanilla marines.

neat, also are armour options gone? it would seem guard officers can no longer get carapace and inquisitors can n longer have power armour

were do you get harlequin t1? we got much more expensive while everyone else i cheaper

Why do they have to cast 1 wound smites? Why are their Termies 1 ld worse than ALL other termies? Why did base Termies become more expensive? Why does 50% of the army have to be in Deepstrike? Why is Psycannon only 4 shots still?

So many questions.

>Vindicare Assassin is 90 points
Why is this legal?

Helbrutes are shit
Chaos Dreadnoughts are awesome

Fuck you FW!

Feels like horde armies are gonna succeed due to templates disappearing with no volume of fire replacement.

A demolisher cannon hitting your troops is vastly different in 7th compared to 8th.

Sad.

Because he returned...

Armor options are gone, they are gonna have to rely on not being targeted by virtue of being characters now.

Play a game or two with 8E rules and you'll see. They may be more expensive but they punch above their weight hard.

8" or better moves army wide, army wide 4+ invuls, Flip Belts + Rising Crescendo make tarpitting an non issue. Shadowseer is broken.

I was talking more about the guys claiming that they would destroy knights in a single turn with them

There's still a few pseudo-templates running around, like the Seismic Assault C'tan power. There's also a few effects with bonuses versus large units, like the bombs from a Sunshark.

Its a joke that doesn't make sense user; GK were his codex.

Also factually inaccurate, but who am I to stand against a meme?

Run 2 Baal Predators with Twin Autocannons and Heavy Bolters in 1000 point lists, maybe 3 in any game bigger than that. They will tear hordes to shreds.

Yeah and fucking nobody has ever allowed FW at tournaments

Tau
Best: Retreating from melee? i guess, we didnt get much good
Bad: Everything worthwhile besides stealth suits nerfed into the dirt

Five and a half hour Q&A with the Frontline Gaming playtesters:
twitch tv/videos/149230276

Very worth watching if you want opinions from experienced 8th ed. players.

Top Armies in their opinion:
Orks, Nids, Harlies, Dark Eldar, Marines, Scions(lol Taurox Prime)

Worst Armies in their opinion:
Craftworld Eldar (Not Ynnari), Daemons, Inqusition (i.e. henchmen only. Not Ordos), Legion of the Damned(This counts as an army?)

Scions do seem to be a very good unit for Guard now.

I remembered the Baal Predator with flamethrowers in the turret instead of gatlings

Was that an upgrade or I totally mest up?

Baal predators do seem good but that's just one faction with access. Sad that old anti infantry tanks are now just meh

The age of the Punisher gatling cannon has arrived.

Rev up that Heavy 20 baby.

Just think about it.

>GW allowed Guilliman to return
>therefore Matt is willing to destroy any army other than Ultrasmurfs
>Guilliman calls Primaris "Cawl's blasphemous horde"
>Primaris are already complete garbage, save maybe the Hellblasters and the Jump pack guys, in some situations

He is back to his usual shenanigans.

It's a different upgrade.

You remember correct, you can either equip it with a flamethrower or the twin gatling.

Are you a functional retard? Is english not your first language? FW was never allowed at tournaments except for rare particular cases -》vendettas are FW -》vendettas aren't allowed at tournaments.
Is it too hard to process for you, brainlet?

>Guilliman calls Primaris "Cawl's blasphemous horde"
Source? Guilliman himself commissioned their creation.

Thousand Sons squad psykers got shafted on Smites as well.

Good:
-Crisis Suits can now take and fire three weapons, with free Target Lock due to rule change.
-Railguns deal mortal wounds and are appropriately terrifying
-Krootox Riders and Hounds are their own units now. Hounds are actually decent melee rushers.
-Sunshark bombs annihilate hordes
-Tidewall is a transport now, and bounces do mortal wounds
-Easily available AP boosting with ATS
-Drones detach as separate units, meaning they never cause morale issues for the unit that bought them. Shield Drones actually useful now.
-ML changes are a sidegrade, but I find them more interesting now.

You can put them in a detachment with other IMPERIUM models,can't you? Or does a single detachment have to be the same faction within the Imperium.

It's from Gathering Storm I think. He did also say that he sees them as a means to an end.

Almost all tourneys I've been to allowed FW. Granted I'm neither the user you're replying to, nor do I have a particular large sample size, but I still thought it wouod add to the discussion.

Would you stop lying.

In order to get CP, they must all be the same faction. However, if you don't want CP, you can do whatever the fuck you want.

At least that's what my store manager said.

You can but fuck Blood Angels and mixed army detatchments

>be scion of THE psychic legion
>serve THE psychic god
>be sorcerer on cusp of exalting
>still be worse psyker than a random liby

Falling to Chaos was a mistake.

What do you guys think?

Why is everyone building around 2k? Is this the new meta?

He isn't back, dummy. He was there for a little bit, working with Black Library, then he left.

Reavers lost their s6 HoW
I know it's a minor complaint compared to everything our faction gained but reavers were my favorite unit for that exact reason. Though I guess in compensation they make more reliable gun platforms now.

Is this a meme or just one guy shitposting and constantly posting 2k Tyranid lists

thx for posting but that link goes nowere

Statistically, conscripts plus command squads plus a commissar in equal point value to an expensive knight variant,
do about 1/4 of it wounds at 24 inches and 1/2 its wounds at 12 inches.
The Knight kills about 12 of them in return. Very bad trade for the knight.

Non-infantry had costs increased across the board, so lists that were much lower now find themselves in the 2k range. If you want to being a similar number of models, 2k is where it's at. It's also one of the recommended point levels in the CRB, if anyone cares about that.

2k is predicted to be the standard.
Nids are the only army that the army builder has complete.

>twitch DOT tv/videos/149230276
You have to put in the dot yourself. Twitch links get caught by Veeky Forums's spam filter.

I'm kinda sad they discontinued those before I could grab one. Do any of the recasters sell them?

>The 50's Robots any good?
Seems fine.

As for other shit
>Cult and Skits rolled into one
>no Doctrina Imperatives, but army-wide Canticles
>strength of a Canticle's buff no longer dependent on how many units you have on the field with the rule
>you can either choose a Canticle or roll for it; you can't choose the same one twice but can get it twice via rolls
>Cawl can now repair vehicles like a Dominus; has some other neat rules too
>Cawl is locked to the Mars Forgeworld by his keyword
>Enginseer as an HQ
>Plasma gets two modes: "weaker than last time but won't kill your dudes" and "I'm all but guaranteed to kill models on both sides whenever I shoot"
>Haywire nerfed hard; must wound a Vehicles just like everything else but does increased damage to Vehicles on a successful wound (D3/6 damage)
>Phosphor now removes any and all cover bonuses entirely just by attacking a unit with a weapon with the rule
>ravestick Electro-Priests are damn good since they fucking shit out (mortal) wounds in melee now and easily unlock their 3++
>shooty Priests are okay I guess; 6's to hit (in melee or shooting) cause 3 hits instead of 1 but only at S5 AP0
>Kastellans can now explode
>Servitors as an Elites choice
>Skitarii as a whole lost FnP 6+ and now have a 6++
>Skitarii Rangers are meh since they lost Relentless and don't have Assault weapons like Vanguard
>Galvanic Rifles are now AP0 and only AP-1 on a roll of a 6+
>Vanguard are damn good still
>Both Ranger and Vanguard Alphas are down to W1 (but still A2)
>Transuranic Arquebus got a price cut and seems a whole lot better rules-wise too
>Taser Goads cause 3 hits instead of 1 on 6's to hit in melee
>Omnispexes flat out negate cover now
>Infiltrators got their debuff aura nerfed hard but also got a points decrease
>Flechette Blasters not S3, but lost Shred (still 5 shots)
>Sicarian Ruststalkers got a points decrease but now Transonic weapons are just not!Rending on 6+ (Chordclaws deal D3 not!Rends on a 6+)

cont.

Works for me, user.

Did you add the dot?

Ah, I see.

Thanks then!

You'll never fit all those conscripts in 12" of the knight with 6"movenent and the knight doing 12", that's why it's a meme, it's a completely unrealistic and hypothetical situation unless the knight guy is a retard obviously

w-we're not even a real army
>kicking and stomping
It hurts brother, it hurts

The rule-book recommends up to 2000 points for games on 6x4 boards. So it's likely to be the new meta.

>official playtesters admit that the armies aren't equal
Intredasting. Do they at least claim that there isn't much difference between the tiers, or that they only matter for super-competitive play?

you do realise that getting that many conscripts in range without getting shot to bits and getting charged is rather rough

Did they say anything about the Primaris?

Much less difference than 7th ed. at least.

thx a bunch

>Enginseer as an HQ
I thought so as well but he is actually an elite...

>ynnari
OK, I missed the latest fluff silliness. Am I right in assuming this is Space Elves plus Spiky Space Elves? I haven't noticed a totally new faction appearing modelwise.

which rock have you been living under? its standard 40k, most major tournaments for the last 2+ years have allowed it.

How exactly does a Knight stay 12 inches away from over 150 models on a 4x6 board?
It certainly isn't by killing them, because it literally can't do it fast enough.