The new Dark Imperium novel spoilers

alright fa/tg/uys I have spoilers for you about the new novel.

- The book starts roughly 100 years after the Heresy

- with the death of a Primarch. Guilliman vs Fulgrim, finally written down to enjoy.

- Thiel became Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines after the Heresy!

- There are now Tetrarchs again in 40k.

- The Sisters of Silence see Guilliman as living saint

- they are glad he is back and they worship him.

- When Guilliman spoke with the Emperor during the gathering storm he was shocked how his "father" really sees him - not as a son, but a tool. So yeah, this builds up on the MoM story line. (I actually skipped quite to the end of the novel for this one).

- The Emperor's humanity is all but gone in 40k.

- It seems like Rowboote isn't really a fan of the Primaris Marines - he calls them even "Cawl's blasphemous hordes". (do I smell heresy)

- He only sees them as a tool (atleast for now).

- It's also implied that he actually is a psyker and tries not to use his potential because of Magnus' censorship.

- He still thinks in practica and theoretica :)

Oh yeah, he makes out with Yvraine

Wow Yvraine is a pro slut. How can she take Rowboat manliness?

>cuteboy banged yvraine

Possibility to take a legal Eldar/Imperium CAD when?

>- It's also implied that he actually is a psyker and tries not to use his potential because of Magnus' censorship.

How the FUCK is that a spoiler, you fucking retarded cunt?

Everyone already knows all Primarchs are psykers. Hell, they all have FUCKING WARP STORMS BUILT INTO THEIR BODY!

Literally already a thread. You copied the OP and everything.

- When Guilliman spoke with the Emperor during the gathering storm he was shocked how his "father" really sees him - not as a son, but a tool. So yeah, this builds up on the MoM story line. (I actually skipped quite to the end of the novel for this one).

- The Emperor's humanity is all but gone in 40k.

They did it, BL fucking shits killed /our king/. Praise our King one last time, for I am afraid we will not see him again in a positive light, and they will probably make him the badguy in the end.

more spoilers:

Ok, the last part was just me messing with you guys.

Maybe...

the Eldar do tell him about the history of the universe and the war in heaven and chaos tho

- Fulgrim uses the warp tainted scar from Kor Phaeron's athame (Horus Heresy: Know no Fear) to wound his brother.

Thiel's final fate is unknown (Guilliman can't find any records of him in 40k).

- Guilliman is Imperial Regent in 40k - the voice of the Emperor himself.

- The plan for the Primaris was indeed made before Guillis death, Cawl was oathbounded and used the millenia to craft these Legions.

- Cawl originally created tens of thousands of Primaris Marines over the course of 10k years. Tho I must say we already knew so that gay user doesn't get a stroke.

- Half of them were originally formed into chapters.

- Half of them were originally formed into chapters.

- The other were gathered into big armies, each from one primarch's gene line. They wear the colours of the original legions, badges are crossed with grey chevrons.

This is the actual quotev

There, agreement with the Codex Astartes ended.

Guilliman deployed his new weapons in every way imaginable. The Primaris Space Marines sometimes fought as the Legions of old had, in huge formations of one type, but they also fought in mixed groups of every size, from strike teams of five up to double Chapter strength. They knew the strengths of their gene-cousins, and their preferences. Brotherhood crossed the lines of primarch and gene-seed. Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own.

The Emperor has been a giant cunt for years now. Hell in the original HH lore he struck me as a twat.

>There, agreement with the Codex Astartes ended.
>Guilliman deployed his new weapons in every way imaginable. The Primaris Space Marines sometimes fought as the Legions of old had, in huge formations of one type, but they also fought in mixed groups of every size, from strike teams of five up to double Chapter strength. They knew the strengths of their gene-cousins, and their preferences. Brotherhood crossed the lines of primarch and gene-seed. Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own.
So that means I can paint Primaris Ultramarines without them being members of the Ultramarine chapter? Sweet.

>being this autistic

>defending this crap writing

only in warhammer

Greyshields are given new assignments at the end of the crusade. The legion organization Guilliman was using was temporary. Of course temporary here means over a century so sure why the fuck not.

What are their assignments like at the end of the novel?

- During the time of the Indomitus Crusade, more and more of these died, or got assigned to different chapters. This is a big problem for the Primaris Marines because they started to like their brethren - it doesn't matters from which gene seed they are for them.

- 100 years after the Gathering Storm, only 20.000 Unnumbered Sons remained.

- When Guilliman was reborn, he didn't really understand what happened in the last 10k years, so he kind of re-iterated the remembrancers.

- Initially, Cawl gave him machine-moderated engrammatic updates (sounds painful? yep it is).

- Belisarius Cawl is quite detached from the wider galaxy - he lived for the quest of creating the Primaris Marines. He also has his own sub faction within the Mechanicus, and not everyone there likes him for what he does (tech heresy?^^). (Yes, tech heresy you austrian woman)

- The history records of 40k are really really really bad (I think this will finally end the Black Library vs Codex canon discussion :P). Actually, they are worse than during the Unification Wars!

- Most of the history of old earth and the Crusade that got pieced together by the 30k remembrancers is lost in 40k.

- While it was impossible to suppress the knowledge of the warp, the Inquisition tried. Guilliman doesn't really like that they killed innocents just for keeping the secret of Daemons.

- The Inquisition even opposed Guilliman on his quest for knowledge. (so I guess this answers the threads from a few days ago, they are that stupid)

Shipped off to form new chapters or given to old ones, same as the rest were at the start of the crusade. They're not all that happy about it though, theres a chapter with Felix going back to his greyshield company one last time after being inducted fully as an Ultramarine. The entire thing stinks of the warrior lodge divided loyalty problem in a lot of ways.

Any word on how they are being integrated into the codex astartes? Does Guilliman rewrite it?

There was nothing in the novel about it, just that Guilliman planned to write a codex imperialis eventually so that when he dies the Imperium wont fuck up as bad as it did over the past 10k years.

Thanks m8.

I'm, OP and yes in fact here is a quote:

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

This is from the perspective of a Primaris Marine who has been made the eleventh captain of the Ultramarines, by the way.

Does Rowboat weigh in on new threats such as the Tyranids or Necrons? Also what happened to those pre heresy marines in Gathering storm?

>Mary Sue
>gets fucking destroyed in the second chapter of the book

>“Swift as a striking viper, Fulgrim attacked, all four blades driving down at his brother primarch so quickly that they did not seem to pass through the intervening air. Guilliman caught them on the edge of the Gladius Incandor. Its field generator smoked at the effort of halting them. The resulting eruption of energy threw both primarchs backwards.
Fulgrim attacked again. Guilliman cried out as one blade found its way past his parries and left a smoking groove in the ceramite around his left arm. He would not win this fight.
‘Thiel, Andros,’ voxed Guilliman. ‘Now.’
There was a sound like a sigh that turned into a rumbling groan. The Heliopolis boomed with conflicting resonances, and the Phoenix Gate exploded inwards, showering the room with gobbets of molten bronze. The Ultramarines of the First and Second companies came charging in, bolters firing at the daemon primarch battling their lord.”

>“At last! Your true colours,’ said Fulgrim. ‘For all your talk of honour, you will not face me alone!"

>After he became a daemon, Mortarion apparently spent a thousand years single-mindedly tracking down the soul of the alien creature that adopted him on Barbarous and then crammed it in a jar to torture forever. Compensating for the failure of his original rebellion and for the fact that the Emperor had to intervene to kill that creature in the first place. It's such a Mortarion thing to do.

>Also what happened to those pre heresy marines in Gathering storm?
They all died on Cadia.

Well It's better than I've expected

Lets hope that GW wont make PappaG go full retard just to make HH 2.0

>“Fulgrim!’ he bellowed. ‘Face me!’
A whip-fast motion flickered to his side. Fulgrim sped through the melee, coming from the left. Guilliman barely had time to raise his sword before Fulgrim crashed into him, snarling incoherently, knocking him backwards.
>‘You hurt me, you corpse-master’s lapdog.’ The last vestiges of Fulgrim’s humanity melted from his face as it transformed into a mask of pure hatred. >‘No one hurts me. No one beats me!’
He wrapped his tail around his brother primarch, constricting him with such force that his armour plate began to crack. Casting aside one sword, Fulgrim reached down and grasped Guilliman’s head.
>‘You wanted to face me, so face me!’ he said, wrenching free Guilliman’s helmet, exposing his naked flesh to the air.”

>“The stink of his corrupted brother made Guilliman gag. His head swam as the daemon primarch’s scent invaded his nose and throat, unmoderated by his battlehelm’s systems.
‘>Pathetic!’ cried Fulgrim. He uncurled, flinging Guilliman aside. His wounded arm was already healing, crackling warp energies working in tandem with his primarch’s physiology to make him whole again. He conjured swords from poisoned mists to fill his empty hands and flew at the Master of Macragge.
Guilliman staggered upright, gasping. Every breath poured more of Fulgrim’s lethal perfume into his lungs, a poison so potent that it taxed his superhuman body. He parried, and parried again, but he could land no counterstrike and was forced back up the stairs.
>A blow flung his arm wide. He never saw the blade that cut him coming.
A cold kiss across his throat, followed by searing agony. Arterial blood sprayed from his ruined neck. He clamped his hand to the wound, but it gaped beneath armoured fingers, and the blood would not stop.

Girlyman BTFO

If anyone causes HH 2.0 it'll be Cawl forcing his way to the position of Fabricator General

I mean going full retard like BigE did

This fluff is trash because 10 year olds don't care about the fluff.

Now shutup and buy more models.

>>“The stink of his corrupted brother made Guilliman gag. His head swam as the daemon primarch’s scent invaded his nose and throat
did fulgrim just throat raped bobby?

OP here with even more spicy spoilers:

- The Inquisition even opposed Guilliman on his quest for knowledge.
(so answering that thread from like a week back, they are that stupid)

- The Chronostrife - a war withing the Ordo Chronos. It's about the Imperial dating system. Not even the calendar of the Great Crusade had survived 10.000 years ...
- During the Great Crusade and the Heresy, there was a standard time dating system.
- A true chronicle of the galaxy is almost impossible now. Guilliman calculates the current year anywhere between early M41 and M42. This is pretty much the in universe reason why we have no timeline anymore, and why we are "still in 999.M41, or aren't we?".

The Custodes are assholes or at least Tribune is.

He's fine to Guilliman, but he's being a dick to all the regular humans around him.

Somebody, please punch this asshole.

Basically, the Custodians have sat behind their walls and let the galaxy burn for 10000 years when they could have been helping, Guilliman knows it, they know it, but instead of acting like they're, you know, sorry, they're instead apparently doubling down and giving nothing but gall at how everyone else has fucked up.

Seriously, fuck this guy, fuck the guys next to him, and fuck them all if this is as indicative of their general attitude as Guilliman suggests it is.

Fuck, this book really is establishing how Guilliman doesnt stand a chance. Combine this with the build up and bants we've seen in GS2/3 and its pretty clear who's gonna win when Guilliman has to fight Fulgrim again.

>the bit where the nurglites arrive on Iax
I forgot how fucking jolly nurgle demons could be

Nice. I'd like to make my own Primaris Ultramarine company. I always liked the Ultramarine fluff and color scheme but I never wanted to play a company with a named captain (not my dudes enough for me). I wonder what company markings will be like for Primaris companies.

Man, this book sounds like some Dark Eldar tier shit writing.

Guilliman has formed his own organisation of open-minded people and is trying to put together an accurate history of the Imperium in his spare time, much to the dismay of the Inquisition.

A Priest calls him out on how this is hypocritical after he closed the Library of Ptotelmy.

cue and he goes Bam Bam with the psychic lightning bolt.

I kid, I kid, he actually tells him that this was a symbolic act, but his thoughts reveal why he actually did it: he doesn't want anyone finding out about Imperium Secundus. Bad, Robbie,
bad.

speaking of my main man Bellisarius Cawl:
He is like Mechanicus Tony Stark, complete with psychic AI construct thing that Bobby G calls Cawl Inferior

He straight-up asks Guilliman to let him put the gene-stock of the traitor legions to use in making new Primaris marines. The big guy takes this about as well as you'd expect.

Bobby G suspects that he is doing it anyways

We also learn that he's now researching the Pylons to try and replicate the technology and produce stable corridors across the Great Rift.

And he apparently keeps asking Guilliman to make him the Fabricator-General.

He's also responsible for basically every technological advance the Imperium has made in the last century.

Its actually pretty good. Especially the bits with the nurgle demons. Its like an extremely disgusting three stooges bit except you stop laughing when the paragraphs describing what they do to the humans start.

Cawl for Fabricator General. Make the Imperium Great Again.

Is this a flashback to Fulgrim putting Roboute is stasis or did GW really already kill off Guilliman?

But then he can't travel around the galaxy and reeeee in binary

Is the, they are honestly setting up Big G to be the next Emps so no way they are killing him yet

>(tech heresy?^^)
I smell the taint of Atia in this. That man can't stop writing like a transitioning teenage girl.

What's this about their markings? Any more explanation of this? I'm painting up tanks at the moment, want to make sure what I've got fits

It we must toil so that the Imperium is great again, also I guess GW does lurk on Veeky Forums

The Emperor of Mankind was an asshole, and his inability to connect with other people because of his SHAMAN SPIRIT AUTISM doomed humanity.

Schism of Mars 2: Electropreist Boogaloo when?

>Guilliman calculates the current year anywhere between early M41 and M42.

>The Imperium of Man doesn't even know what millennium it's in.

>risking the life of the Imperium's most valuable genius in combat
Why is this allowed?

>implying eldar have anything to laugh about when their own history is made of pretty tales and rhymes over facts and witnesses

> big E is a dick, 40k sucks
> Guilliman realizes how is really in the eyes of this progenitor
> Primaris marines are seen as abominations

Are they paving the way for a truly Lawful Evil Imperium with Primaris and for a secession of Ultramar as a Noblebright Empire with true marines?

This part made me chuckle. A group of the Ultramar...boyscouts I guess? They're called Juventia, are led into a rebellion by their troop leader who fell to chaos, and Calgar showed up to deal with it personally since they have a nuke and are holed up in a museum to commemorate the shitstorm of the Thandian Pass.
>It disappoints me that our countrymen should put on such a poor showing,' said Calgar, ' No matter their age and whether they are opposed to us or not. When this is over call the local Juventia troop masters to the capital'
>'They will all be screened thoroughly, my lord,' said Ney
>'For betrayel, yes', said Calgar. 'But I want them all re-educated or replaced. This uprising is shamefully executed. The Juventia syllabus needs revision. More drill, less history. The Juventia are the last line of defence for Macragge, and the first place we go for our recruits. How could they stop an ork with this debacle?'

I really fucking hope so. Imperium Civil War nao plox

So it's confirmed that the Primari are eventually going to phase out the Marines since they can be made faster, more efficiently and with the end result being a superior product...

5'10"s on suicide watch.

Also confirmed that Cawl is making some of them from shit like Luna wolf geneseed and emperor's children geneseed. This shit is gonna get fucked up quickly

IRON WARRIORS PRIMARIS MARINES WHEN

Praise him, Brother. Seriously I don't unterstand why such chaossluts like bowden must destroy him as a figure. I mean, yes he is certainly not good, but he at least have to be neutral. If the emperor hasn't a good goal, if his vision wasn't a paradise, if he wasn't a man desperatly wanting to save mankind, than the whole tragedy of his vision getting corrupetd trough hatred and fantatism, is gone.

But he was an asshole with good intentions, who wished nothing but good for humans. He tried to save everyone the best way he could, despite his autism and lack of understanding for other humans. He tried and failed. He's a tragic and a heroic figure, the Bigger Than Life dude you can't understand because you're not noble and good enough yourself, an example of heroism and leadership. Hell, the entire HH era was about Bigger Than Life dudes fighting for the fate of the galaxy, doing the impossible and fighting the power. The suff of legends.
Instead they just make him into a selfish tyrant looking for power. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make him the Big Bad in the future (when all the races unite against him). And it all comes from authors who have this idiotic hateboner for parental figures.

pls respond

Who were you addressing?

>A true chronicle of the galaxy is almost impossible now. Guilliman calculates the current year anywhere between early M41 and M42. This is pretty much the in universe reason why we have no timeline anymore, and why we are "still in 999.M41, or aren't we?".

Bonkers explanation to still keep the 40k copyright

Except they do nothing of the sort in the book. Guilliman realizes his father had noble goals but he fucked up and fucked up hard, and he doesnt want to fuck up like he did. It also doesnt help that, as you said, the guy is an asshole to even his last surviving loyal son.

When the Lion finally wakes up shit is going to go down

Soon, my bitter brother. Soon.

I wonder if it will be called Warhammer: Age of Guilliman in a few years time.

This.

Oh yes, a second primarch either Lionel or Russ will make things more complicated. by now Guilliman can manage everything alone without being discussed

>Lion
>Not Dorn

its much more easier to see lionfag going chaos due to his bipolarity getting worse

id be glad if dorn returns, but hes dead.

It needs to be done. Hell, even Khan and Corax should eventually make a return. But I'm surprised that even a century after Guillimans revival that no one else has arrived, not even Vulkan.

OK here with more spicy spoilers, for the /ourguy/ Big E lovers some quotes you guys will like:

" 'He is not a god', Guilliman said aloud. He could not countenance the thought. A being that cold and callous was not worthy of worship."

"Guilliman thought back again to his meeting with his father. He did not like to revisit the memory; it was as if the memory forced itself upon him rather than he actively sought to recall it. The thing in the cradle of the ancient machines, fed by loathesome technology. And then the golden light, and then the pain...

Guilliman's lips pressed thin. The display had been a form of control. The pain had been a form of control. He was tired of being used. "

"While the Emperor had walked abroad, He had cloaked his manipulations in love. He had let His primarchs call Him father; He had let them call themselves His sons. He had rarely spoken those words Himself, Guilliman now realised, and when He had He had done so without sincerity. Buffeted by the the full might of the Emperor's will unclothed in flesh, a cloak had been ripped from Guilliman's eyes. "

"The Emperor had allowed them to love Him, and to believe He loved them in return. He had not. His primarchs were weapons, that was all."

Inb4 assblasting

We already saw those.

Guilliman is a pussy, we need Ferrus Manus.

I genuinely hate how they've turned the emperor into a complete and utter asshole. I'm not saying he needs tho be the second coming of Jesus, but come one, the guy has sacrificed himself for 10000 years to guide humanity as best he can.

Yes I'm mad.

God damn it why must they fuck up every good piece of lore regarding the Emperor?

I disagree. In a direct comparison between the two, Guilliman comes out ahead.

Vulkan, Ferrus, Sanguinus or Dorn wouldn't be so bad, and would probably see that there is more to be gained from showing a united front. Of course, there is the issue that only Vulkan has a solid chance of coming back out of these four and Russ or The Lion will probably be brought back first to fuck things up.

Rightfully assblasted

old lore a shit ADB emprah best emprah

kek

Fuck off chaos fag

He also slaughtered the thunder warriors without hesitation when they stopped being useful to him. Big E is a ruthless pragmatist, the type that can only be created after living as long as he has. The only guy he gave a damn about was Malcador.

We really need another friend figure for the Emperor.

I find the portrayal of the Emperor as a manipulative Dr Manhattan figure far more interesting than he was before.
>I'm going to let Horus cripple me and doom the human race because I can't bring myself to hurt him even though he already killed billions of mortals and two of my sons

>Combine this with the build up and bants we've seen in GS2/3 and its pretty clear who's gonna win when Guilliman has to fight Fulgrim again.

Guilliman.

>The only guy he gave a damn about was Malcador

And his Custodes

GUILLIMAN IS WEAK!

Don't worry, those are just doombot!

The Emperor doesn't have fucking autism. All the Emperor's 'mistakes' vis a vis the primarchs are due to these hack writers GW employs nowadays not having the IQs necessary to write about superhuman intellects well. Bowden, MacNeil et al aren't Frank Harbert.

I still dont fully understand the relationship between Empy and Malcador. Who the actual fuck is Malcador? We havent seen how he hooked up with the Emperor.

>Also confirmed that Cawl is making some of them from shit like Luna wolf geneseed and emperor's children geneseed.

No, not confirmed.
Guilliman just doesn't entirely trust Cawl not to do it.

I do agree, he comes across as a dick because he is above the average person on all levels.

He wouldn't be a loving personality after being around for the time he had, fighting all the battles and wars and witnessing what humanity would become without his guidance.

He obviously becomes more of a logical thinker, although this trait then plays against him as he fails to see the betrayal and corruption of the primarchs.

However he does fail to strike down Horus immediately, which suggests he does have some emotional connection to them.

That doesn't even make sense unless they retcon the Horus vs Emprah fight. If Horus was just a tool then the Emperor would have just ended him at the first chance he got. I know Horus was his favorite but a favorite hammer is still just a hammer.

They played WoW together. Emperor was raid's MT, Malcador was ST. Got together when raid leader asked everyone for drinks irl.

This is very interesting, it really feels like they're building up to another imperial civil war plot, but this time without chaos being central, rather a civil war entirely based in ideology and the way forward.

Unless they go full retard and have emps side fall.

Would we all be happy to hear if the silver knight that gazed upon slaanesh in the Chaos Daemons codex turned out to be Kaldor Draigo, and that he becomes a Slaaneshi Chaos Lord in the new edition?

But if big E treated all primarchs like tools, why did he hesitate to destroy Horus at all?

ferrus is dead and he would react the same, after all ho knows what the fabricators of mars are doing with his arms and head?

I feel that big E is becoming Malal

Well gulli is captain america and cawl is stark, Same colour and same maner of thinking but in the grim darkness of the far futur.
If you think it, 40k is a marvel story in dc univers with a lovecract esthetic.

How the fuck is the Imperium going to stand against Chaos if a civil war happens.

>AI
o boi

>But if big E treated all primarchs like tools, why did he hesitate to destroy Horus at all?
He won't. Laurie Goulding explicitly said that the showdown on the Vengeful Spirit will look different from the old lore.