Previously on /EDH/: NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
What's you next big objective with your playgroup?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sakiko-maximum-stomp/
strawpoll.com/5wb138g
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/585619-rakdos-the-defiler-death-at-any-cost
wizards.com/dci/judge/main.asp?x=articles/jc20010802a
youtube.com/watch?v=owQtmwiwLpQ&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Establishing a powerlevel seems top priority. I've constantly had to go back and forth between super casual and super competitive decks just to try and match the rest of the people at my shop.

16 players tournament 4/table any suggestions for the shortest way to proceed?

>>What's you next big objective with your playgroup?

there's a player who's been pushing past the group power level of 75% by building annoying shit like UR storm and soon prosh, so i took all my retired monoblack cards and put together a skittles deck that will hopefully show him the error of his ways using turn 4 lethals

Building everybody a deck they would enjoy and establishing regular meetings time. Last month there were only ~5 regular players and a bunch of Duelers, numbers has nearly tripled this month

For me, it's acquiring the currency, 'cause there is already such a large pool of cards to trade from in our area, but I'm a poorfag

>What's you next big objective with your playgroup?
getting a regular 4th player or getting one of the people to actually build decks with his retardedly big collection

So how powerful is she? How can I make a good multiplayer deck with her?

>So how powerful is she?

pretty good for a typical casual meta, she brings you lots of value for 4 mana

>How can I make a good multiplayer deck with her?

grind value from marchesa and other mardu goodstuffy stuff, use your vast plethora of amazing mardu removal to deal with threats, pillowfort it up a bit, etc

note that i don't own a marchesa deck but that's what i'd do

she herself isnt powerful but the monarch mechanic makes games really fun. your deck will revolve much more around the 99 than the commander

7/10 commander would play with

Monarchy makes games a little more interesting but not that much.
I built her a control route given the whole Mardu removal suite.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-04-17-OSa-queen-marchesa/
Sunforger is my baby. I hope this helps you figure out how you want to play the deck.

Her ability leads me to believe she'd be pretty decent at playing board politics, but her colors are typically connected with a faster style of play. I'd imagine you could have some fun with her, perhaps with a creature token-based deck.

She can also command a pillowfort, to make the crown count

thanks! I really liked this deck

Why does Han Solo hate the droids so much?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sakiko-maximum-stomp/

Ramp hard, stomp harder.

Loving the idea

>What's you next big objective with your playgroup?

To find a new group, bunch of irritating faggots last night

Any tips on building a land farming deck? I cant decide if I want to use Jarrad, or Gitgud for the commander. Does Jarrads land sac ability allow me to put him in the graveyard when he dies, and keep bringing him back for two lands with no commander tax? Also any tips for the manabase or how much land I should run? I plan on using gitgud and jarrad as the primary land killers with titania on the field, then bringing them back with life of the loam or similar cards. Im not very good at making commanders decks yet.

Story time?

>Does Jarrads land sac ability allow me to put him in the graveyard when he dies, and keep bringing him back for two lands with no commander tax?
Correct. Commander tax is only if you cast him from the command zone.

Thank you, so another question. Gitrog is on the field. If I sac the two lands to get Jarrad back, do i have to sac a third to satisfy gitguds tax? Is the ruling for gitgud that i need to sac one for him, or just that one of my lands needs to be sacced in a turn?

I've got decks with varying powerlevels, from cutthroat Alesha down to "I'll have what you're having" Sakashima, with a bit of healthy tribal Zombies and Dragons in the middle.

Sorry I don't want the thread to devolve into shitposting so I'll refrain from telling it

You'd need to sac an additional land because Gitrog needs one specifically for him.

A shame. My playgroup is alright (partly because I'm empowered to inadvertently decide who is in it), but to find another one entirely would be quite hard if need be. And by that I mean finding another LGS. The only other one we've got is full of toxic 12-year olds

Fair enough.

Jarad's sac ability is seperate from gitrog even if done at the beginning of upkeep, gitrog always needs a land to sac or you must sac him

Did 4 color commanders break the game in two?
yes they did

It's not 4c commanders but partners

So... let's try this one in for size:
strawpoll.com/5wb138g

What's your favorite color, /edh/?

It's going to be Black-Green, isn't it?

Not really. There are still better 2 and three color ones. The only really good 4-color commander is Breya and that's only because she's a win condition if you have infinite mana to burn along with having decent utility. Yidris and Atraxa are pretty good, but nothing OP. Gay Kings are just group fug and mostly get used for their colors. Saskia is average and Xenagod tends to work better than her for aggro.

Partner isn't really anything amazing and is only good because of the color options and the quality of some of the partners, like Thrasios, Kydele, or Vial Smasher.

If you guys want I'll post but I'll end up being called a crybaby

>playing gitrog against sliver superfriends/combo and phage
>phage ramps hard and gets everflowong chalice kicked for 4 on turn 3 and boasts having torpor orb in hand
>cast naturalize on his chalice at EoT
>sliver queen is doing nothing but fetching for his lands no real tutors
>cast gitrog and get hit with damnation by salty phage player who casts her only for her to eat a swords from sliver queen
>sliver queen casts his commander along with some walkers he drew, can't remember specifics except Teferi
>got good enough ramp to cast gitrog again
>phage casts again and sliver queen uses spot cyclonic rift on torpor orb in response and responds with imp mischief and redirects it to gitrog
>cast gitrog from hand and sliver queen starts throwing out every planeswalker and proliferates thanks to inexorable tide + mana echoes
>phage player tells me I need to stop him and pull off my combo so to "help" me he uses inquisition to discard my life from the loam then plays bojuka choosing me assuming it will make my GY all lands to help me
>get blamed by both of them for not having ways to stop phage or not being able to draw off gitrog except 1 time and my graveyard got exiled afterwards to prevent any interaction

2 round elimination. If you're talking about decks, Teferi combo stax is the fastest there is.

Hey guys I was looking to build a Rakdos EDH deck and was wondering some fun and cheeky black/red cards to shit disturb
I want to play it and have fun but still be able to do shit without it being the same cards every rakdos deck runs

>uses inquisition to discard my life from the loam then plays bojuka choosing me assuming it will make my GY all lands to help me

Blithering Idiot 1B
Creature - Your Buddy
Each players maximum IQ is reduced by 90.
2/1

that sounds like a typical edh game where nothing of noteworthy happened. i'm not even going to call you a crybaby because i genuinely don't know what you could be upset about. they weren't even that stupid, here's some shit that has happened in my group

the turn switcharoo
>attack the player who has the highest life total according to his dice with scourge of the throne, he had them upside down, don't get an extra combat, group refuses to let me rollback literally 5 seconds because on the account of the obfuscated game state
>immediately after, it's my 2nd main phase and another player says "ok you arent doing anything" and starts playing his combo and wins

threat assessment: the original sin
>be a 9 life UB player with 3 hand cards and no nonlands in a table with a 104 life UG player with a big board and tons of cards, the other 2 players group up against me and kill me because i had the audacity to wipe the board, then they start wondering how to kill the 104 life UG player
>ask them why they killed me and the answer was "we couldn't kill the UG player anyway", UG player wins next turn with an infinite combo that i could have stopped easily if i had just lived

threat assessment 2: revenge of the retards
>be a mana screwed BW lifetax player with 3 hand cards
>use one of my 3 hand cards to kill a mono-green player's 2 mana doublers
>he destroys my only white mana sources as "revenge", bringing my mana count from 6 to 4
>meanwhile other players all have more hand cards, more lands, more nonlands

there really aren't that many rakdos cards to even browse through, but the most EDH useful ones are

havoc festival
cauldron dance
kaervek the merciless
sire of insanity
master of cruelties

What do you mean by disturb?
If you're talking board control, you've got many creatures that kill off other creatures, majority of them are ETB. Besides the Merciless Slum Marauders, you've got Nekretaal, Shriekmaw, Flametongue Kavu, Outrage Shaman, Inferno Giant, Shadowborn Demon, Gilt-Leaf Winnower, Dark Hatchling, Avatar of Whoa, Painbringer, Flameblast Dragon, the list goes on.

If you're talking hand control, you're a little more stifled. You can run as many Specters as you can fit, and there's a few cards that empty hands, but unless you're playing 1v1 you're not going to get good value out of it.

Either way you go, running Sire of Insanity is recommended. You'd be doing Satan's work.

literally fuck sire of insanity HURR DURR WHO NEEDS TO PLAY MAGIC TODAY? NOT US LOL

bouncing it in response to the trigger is a funny way to get rid of it but it still just fucks the whole game up

i'd also like to add that the group has a no infinite combo rule but then this one guy built a storm deck that uses every rock in the world and paradox engine and argues that it's not an infinite combo when he plays his entire deck out, meaning it's ok in his eyes

>you're not a crybaby but I am

Thanks for making me feel better at least I'm not playing with you

>bbut muh perfectly sculpted hand
Fuck off, blue. Real men topdeck

mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh/multiplayer-commander-decklists/585619-rakdos-the-defiler-death-at-any-cost
The list by some other guy I'm building atm. Is fun, but no such thing as "good Rakdos cards other decks aren't playing"

i mean, it's pretty hard to put a solid definition on a non-infinite synergy that results in winning the game. it's kind of like game loss prevention + ad nauseam to draw your deck isn't an infinite combo we all know it's some ol' bullshit

in every one of those stories, i just said "ok" when they made an idiotic decision and just left the table after i lost

i'm only a crybaby here because i can't be fucked to start shit while the game is in progress

also fuck you

>we couldn't kill the UG player anyway
>every fukking time

>real tards topdeck
ftfy

I'm not much for the bad stories of EDH because they're too common. Sometimes you get the player who plays Warp World just because, what can you do other than either get him to play competent or avoid him?

Personally, I'm still playing so I can witness amazing plays. I'm not talking rare combos, I'm talking MacGuyver shit like killing a player by flickering his Phage via Oblivion Ring, or using Vault of the Archangel and Heartless Hidetsugu on a player with infinite life to go infinite life.

Good thing you get to be a tard with us, but with oh so little chances winning a fair fight. Also
>muh counterspells

Found the Johnny.

>nooooo! 6 of the 10 combo pieces I needed! I almost had it!

Just because Sire can be played wrong doesn't mean it isn't a good card. Put it into a deck that topdecks board-controlling creatures (see: Mardu) and you'll wreck house.

You. I like you.

don't bully the johnnies user. remember who the real bad guys are: the spikes

>playing mizzix
>never develop a boardstate with more than three 2/2's
>no on even attacks me until turn 9
>have 5 experience at that point
>capsize in hand
>table complains izzet is op

In my meta, if they untap with mizzix still alive, the game is over

That's true, though in my experience with EDH the Johnnys and the Spikes tend to be the same people.

We /bug/.

Alright then... Post your best /bug/ commanders for me and I'll work on a deck that represents the thread, for shits and giggles.

>Play EVERY deck!

>attack the player who has the highest life total according to his dice with scourge of the throne, he had them upside down, don't get an extra combat, group refuses to let me rollback literally 5 seconds because on the account of the obfuscated game state
So he cheated and your opponents bullied you? I hope they aren't your friends because they're faggots.

Or should I just go with the Partners meme and work out the best combination?

>second-dumbest three-color dragon tribal
>big dumb Voltron hunting

YOU DECIDE

I hope his commander card is as artifacted as this image

it wasn't really cheating on his part. it was a long game and everyone was getting impatient, so i just quickly misread the his life total and said "i'll attack x, and now with my extra combat -" and the combo player interrupts me and says there won't be an extra combat. then i argued a little bit but didn't care enough to argue properly, so i started thinking what to do on my main 2 and the guy says "ok you can't do anything" and just skips my turn.

at the time i didn't really start shit because i saw it mostly as my own fuck up, it was mostly the way he acted throughout the thing that triggered me

the guy isn't really a dick though, we trade around and talk a lot and i do consider him a friend, he just doesn't really think about other people when he gets invested into the game

also don't call my group faggots you fuck, they might be assholes but they're my group damnit

BUG partners are
Reyhan+Thrasios
Reyhan+Kydele
Ikra Shidiqi+Thrasios
Ikra Shidiqi+Kydele
Silas Renn+Reyhan
Silas Renn+Ikra Shidiqi
Silas Renn+Thrasios
Silas Renn+Kydele

For the best I'd say Silas+Thrasios. Most fun, Silas+Kydele.

Tasigur. Lazy fucks who think they're geniuses and get beaten by someone bigger and better.

If you misread his life total then that's not as bad then, I thought he was completely misrepresenting it.

I've got no patience for people that try to misrepresent things. Someone I play with occasionally does crap like this and trys to put his equipment, auras, and sometimes lands directly underneath other cards. He's a fucking sociopath that thinks he can turn it into a shell game and trick people into bad combat when they don't know a creature is equipped or miscount his mana because he stacked two basics directly on top of each other.

>shivan meteor comes off suspend
>furnace of rath in play
>flash in dictate of the twin gods
>shivan meteor hits my stuffy doll for 52
>stuffy doll deals 208 to kambal player
>he unironically complains that stuffy doll is OP
L M A O

>playing BW
>can't remove Doll
Hope you told him to git gud.

I had one player I don't often play with designate his life total with a bunch of shitty blue d4's from last event and I couldn't tell for the life of me which side they are standing. When asked straight, he would point at them and basically refused to announce the total. I hit him with Master of Cruelties and made him draw 2 with Sign in Blood as a result

Misrepresentation of boardstate is cheating.

I don't get people like this. Do they think hiding public knowledge makes them tactical geniuses? Should just cover up their cards and lie about their hand size while they're at it.

>Thread Question
What's you next big objective with your playgroup?
To find one

nothing relevant but you reminded me of a story
>Amonkhet draft with my friend
>me and him go back about 10 years, best friends in high school, use to play kitchen table mtg every single day
>we end up paired against each other in round 3, both 1-1, winner gets prizes loser doesnt
>attack into him unfavorably, making it obvious I have a combat trick
>he looks apprehensive and makes a remark like "man I know you've got something"
>reveal 3 swamps in my hand "I got nothing bro"
>he nervously moves his creatures forward and declares his blockers
>shout "HA!" and slam down an in oketra's name I was hiding behind a swamp
>he never asked how many cards in were in my hand, I just voluntarily revealed three of the four cards
>we both laugh until we fucking choke
>go on to win the match and he gives me shit the entire car ride home

I would never do that shit to a stranger though, that's just rude

>finals with a friend
>trick him instead of splitting

Which Commander will make me more hated: Atraxa or a Sliver?

That's colluding, and can get you in big trouble at REL events.

Hated as in hate to play with you or hated as in target on your back? Hate to play with, Atraxa, target of aggression, Slivers.

I hate Atraxa much more than slivers

No it's not.
"Players are allowed to share prizes they have won or will receive in the current tournament as they wish and may
agree as such before or during their match, as long as any such sharing does not occur in exchange for any game
or match result or the dropping of a player from the tournament."
If you say "Let's play the game and split the prize" it's fine. It's only a problem if you say "If you concede I'll split the prize with you."

No, it is not. Intentional draws are VERY often used in tournaments. I think it shouldn't be allowed but it is and it's the major reason that "pros" exist. They form large teams and have designated friends (bitches) that scoop to them or intentionally draw with them in order to boost up the top players in their group.

The last fact was what I was implying.
wizards.com/dci/judge/main.asp?x=articles/jc20010802a

There's a difference between an intentional draw and conceding.

he was home on leave time from military and just wanted to play some magic. no interest in ID. and playing under pressure is more fun.

You know what would solve all those issues and make collusion real clear cut? Getting rid of intentional draws. If you're there to play the game then play the game.

I totally agree.

what's the most expensive card you own and why

It's all about keeping normal players down so that the game can have some recognizeable "faces".

NM Unlimited Volcanic Island, because my dad passed down his collection.

NM Revised Tundra, because a friend was moving away and gave it to me.

It isn't feasible to get rid of intentional draws. How are you going to force people to play to win?

As in "hate to play with you"

Both stir up the Timmy in me.

Pre-reprint Damnation (which tanked to 1/3 of the cost), from one of my first ever booster packs, because poorfag

i bought a workshop for an edh deck

Mox Opal, because I play Affinity in Modern.

I play slivers and people always target me and end up getting fucked up by someone else at the table running stax or combo.

You can't any more than you can force a football team to play to win if they want first draft pick. But you shouldn't make it convenient for them to game the system. Likewise, if you do it as often as people intentionally draw you will get a bad reputation because playing to lose for an advantage is a way greater sin than drawing for an advantage.

>But you shouldn't make it convenient for them to game the system.
Why not? Making them play it out just wastes everyone's time.
>Likewise, if you do it as often as people intentionally draw you will get a bad reputation
Considering how many people ID, I doubt that.

What deck should I play tonight?
I recently built a zedruu deck and a brion stoutarm deck so I could play a less competitive and fun deck.
Last time I played zedruu but my plan for zedruu was to play politics with her. I told everyone that they can make bids to see who gets what permanent because I thought that sounded fun. However when I was explaining my goal I used one player as an example I said "so let's say I have an enchantment you really want , I'll say something like player B has the most oppressive board, the most life, or the biggest creature if someone can change that I'll give you this permanent ." player B mistook that as that I was going after him and decided to go super aggro against me at all times even if it wasn't the best option for him. For example early on I had 2 creatures out and he had 3 creatures out, the other 2 players in the game had no creatures and were tapped out. He still decided to attack me even though he would lost 2 creatures and i wouldn't lose any but I would still take a him from the third one. Later he sorin markoved me to 10 even though I was at 20 life and we had another player at 100. So I had to start targeting him with all of my hate and the other 2 ganged up on him because they wanted my good stuff.
I ended up coming in second but I didn't get to play him how 3/4 of us wanted me to .
I haven't played brion yet but I felt i didn't get to really play zedruu. So which one should I use tonight?

>oh and what is a good commander precon to get for my friends birthday who wants to get into commander bit has no cards or experience? hopefully not one that's not above $45

>what is a good commander precon
The prof actually just made a video on this

youtube.com/watch?v=owQtmwiwLpQ&t=0s