>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Marine vehicles are too expensive

Post Imperuim I pdf, anons.

First for the Omnissiah

So what are people saying about the new detachments? Do you think tournaments will force the vanilla battalion/brigade detachments?

I'm trying to think of why I shouldn't just take a Spearhead Detachment so I can spam heavy support, why take a CSM squad when I can make them all Havocs instead?

Honestly, vehicles are not the issues. Hordes are. You have weapons that are strong against MCUs and tanks, but there is no weapon that specializes at killing hordes. Even high quantity not AP weapons are just as good at chewing through 3+ saves.

4th for fingers crossed.

Who here is using Leman Russes and transports for their Guard army?

With how cheaper Scions, Bullgryn, infantry, heavy weapons squads, Basilisks and Manticores are I don't really want to use my Chimeras and Russes.

rate

Is a Crusader knight worth taking in an Admech list for crowd control Veeky Forums?

Twin assault cannon razorbacks are the way to go for fighting hordes imo

Wounds gaunts on 2s, no armor save, 12 shots a turn. Granted that's still 100 points to kill like 40 points of gaunts a turn but that's the best we can do.

Do you think Felinid will join the tau?

Whirlwhinds that do 2D6 shots with Str 6 and don't need line of sight for just 115 points seems pretty effective against hordes though.
Terminators with storm bolters can also help, teleport next to a big unit and unload 40 storm bolter shots in rapid fire range.

fuck they really screwed a lot of the anti-infantry weapons, stuff that had AP5 now has nothing.

sonic blasters ignore cover but not shitty armor, so the nids/orks/conscripts might as well be in cover.

Oh boy 2d6 shots

So that's 7 shots which still have to roll to hit

Razorback for 100 is a gauranteed 12 shots

Combine that with Guard having a 15 point Psyker that can give them +1 armor it's 50 4+ saves to chew through.

What's so scary about 5" moving melee hordes?

That's still only eight dead. Which is like forty points worth of gaunts. With the same weapon, you are likely to kill more or less the sam amount of tacs.

They can run too, and it's that anti-horde weapons are not very good. A lot are D6 plus having to hit. Some might be 2-4D6 but if they are they are low strength. Like the other user said, Assault Cannon seems pretty solid now on Razorbacks. 12 shots hitting on a 3+ and wounding Nid and Guard hordes on a 2+ is pretty worth it.

I would buy in a heartbeat senpai. Pursuit of ever stronger engineering is the same reason I like Chaos Dwarfs in Fantasy.

So is my best start for Thousand Sons just a Sorceror kit and 2 boxes of Rubrics?

8th ed is dead on arrival 40k is over

>Welcome to "GW's rules writers got lazy!"
In this episode we look at Tank Vs Tank weapons:
Hammerhead Rail Gun:
Heavy 1 S10 AP-4 Dd6 plus D3 mortal wounds on a 6 to hit. A weapon that averages 3-4 wounds without factoring BS, but has the unique potential to score a devestating killshot. Awesome!

Onager Neutron Lazer:
Heavy D3, S10 AP-4 Dd6 and can never roll below 3 damage. The highest average D.P.T: 8 damage per turn before factoring BS. Awesome!

Leman Russ Vanquisher Cannon:
Heavy 1 S8 AP-3 Dd6 with a reroll

...Wait what?

Yes, the old melta rule made sense for the vanquisher cannon, as it essentially was designed to guarantee a penetration when you hit. But because the rules were copy-pasted from the melta rules without any critical thinking, the gun now runs with a pitiful average damage, a pitiful 50% chance to wound the very vehicles it was designed to kill, and the only consolation prize is a reroll-take-highest to damage which actually only puts it on par with the neutron laser...but only one shot, not D3.

>This has been "GW's writers got lazy!" Because thinking about how a unit should work...is hard work!

You can still kite melee units all day.

SOB seem like one of the few factions that can deal with hordes well.

The ability to have 8 heavy flamers and 2 combi flamers pop out of a rhino helps.

With the same weapon you're likely to kill like 3 tacs?

It wounds them on a 3+ and gives them a 4+ armor save. It wounds gaunts on a 2+ with no armor save.

Does the Razorback also shoot at units up to 72'' away ?

Played a 4155 point game of Tactical Escalation yesterday against Death Guard anons what are you up to? And finally ready for a batrep? Got my images all resized at last and be prepared for stupid blob fights and a battle of attrition against Nurgle and the Traitors.

Yeah see how well that goes for you while they spend only a tiny fraction of their army chasing yours all the way into the corner.

Why are Harlequins top tier?

Hey. Im new at the game, I just brougt the Dark Imperium box and im planning to use the Primaris, what else should I add to deal with my friend's Necrons? He has the Necrons Start collecting stuff plus a Monolith.

I'm torn on what I should start on for 8th: Kroot, Khorne Daemons, or Guard

Thoughts?

One thing I noticed in Dark Imperium was that there was no mention of existing Marines being upgraded to Primaris.
I think this must have been a late addition to the fluff as they foresaw the butthurt coming in existing characters couldn't keep up with the Prime boys.

Yes please and thank you.

The SOB exorcist isn't too bad there. d6 shots, Str 8, AP -4, d3 per hit.

Not the most reliable damage but it's got a lot of potential and carves through tank armour well. Especially backed up by BS 4.

Nine hits, six wounds, three dead. That's 39 points of tacs, compared to 40 points of gaunts, discounting any gear you may have.
As above, it's not that those weapons are extra effective against hordes. They are just good weapons overall.

The vanquisher is literally beaten by the battle cannon as an anti-tank gun and costs more points.

why?

they did kinda dumb it down/sigmar it, but at the same time they fixed a lot of retarded bullshit. now assault units can actually assault from their transports, now vehicles don't get popped by a lucky lascannon, and for the love of god now plasma pistols are only 7 points, can be used in CC, and won't kill you unless you use their neat supercharge ability.

My Bullgryns will be seeing a lot more play, now that they have their 2+ save and power mauls that can get through armour saves.
I'll be putting sponsons on all my Russes too.

Woking on a bunch of Vanguard. Go ahead.

>nobody responded

time for take 2

*ahem*

HAHAHAHA NOW I CAN SPAM ALL [CHEESE UNIT] LITERALLY WHY EVEN TAKE VANILLA DETACHMENTS, I WILL WIN EVERY GAME WITH MY [SPAM DETACHMENT] PROVE ME WRONG. YOU CAN'T.

>t. Buttmad 40k hater
Keep playing warmachine/infinity/whatthefuck ever son

My Bullgryn too. Don't forget to pick up an Astropath or 2 for 1+ Bullgryn armor. That really puts them on par with the Brute Shield against -3 weapons. Plus ignoring cover bonuses on units with the Astropaths ability will help Russes kill shit.

>willingly playing against cheese
Why do this? just ostracise them

Any mistakes on this Thousand Sons list?

It's mainly things I find cool.

Khorne cultist guard with also Khornate Kroot alies?

Now that LRs aren't so good for their price they were practically must haves, I'll be looking into recreating the drop troop army I had during 5th edition. As soon as the FW index is released, Vultures for days.

The warband of the Death Guard laughing with joy especially their winged Daemonic leader unleashed their zombie hordes and though the Imperials had time to dig in the Death Guard gained to upper hand and struck first.

I'm using leman russes for my marine army, they're cheaper than predators.

Another thing to consider is that AP gets more effective the higher armor is, as opposed to lower AP being useless before.

To wit, reducing 2+ by one will double your ability to harm enemy, reducing 3+ will increase your ability to harm them by 50%, while going from 6+ to nothing merely nets you around 20% more victims.

So any weapon with AP value is better against higher armor targets than it's against lower armor ones.

I mean, I'm planning on doing them all at some point, I just need to decide on what I want to do first

Admech loses Canticles if every model in the list doesn't have the rule in a battle forged army.

Cause command points will matter more than you think, having an odd number sucks.

40k art direction won't allow for cute catgirls, so I'd rather keep them as a fantasy.

The Daemon prince flew into cover and used his powers of the warp to increase his own strength and resistance to weaponry as the hordes of Chaos advance. The throaty roar of bikers was soon followed by the stuttering fire of heavy bolters as they fired on the marching Guardsmen missiles flying from Havocs into a Wyvern stunning it so their zombie hordes would make it to the enemy.

It says "Detachment" not "Army", so you can just get yourself one of the Lord of War FoCs tacked on or pay a CP for a Vindicare or something.

I wonder if Ultramar Auxilliaries have the same design as Severan Dominate guard. The design would be so good as the new generic guardsman.

Hmm, what's your thought on Warpflamer vs Soulreaper. I think that flamer costs three points more, they have same damage and strength, Soulreaper is -3 Heavy 4(2.66 hits on BS3+) while flamer is Assault D6(3.5 average) auto-hits.

go with guard, they added some nice neat stuff for them.

Are the new rules on the community, store or BL page?

Hey /40kg/,

I have some ork questions:
Whats the best starting point for an Ork army? I was thinking 2 squads of 20 boys.

Are Killa Kans still worth taking or have the new vehicle rules made them too flimsy?

I heard bikers are trash now but how about Stormboys, Burnaboys and Kommandos?

Heavy Warpflamer is actually Heavy D6.

Are helbrutes less shit/ worth it now? I've been dying to run a walker heavy list with maulerfiends and helbrutes and it seems possible at the very least

No Ironhands referenced with the Primaris Marines? Couldn't see them in the art work and was pretty sure Whitescars, Salamanders and Raven Guard was?

The start collecting boxes are a good deal.

Vehicles are generally a lot tougher in the new edition

Stormboyz and Kommandos can charge the opponent turn 1 if you can roll a 9 on 2D6 with reroll.

The vanquisher is now worse at anti-tank than the standard russ, isn't it?

Against a T 8 Sv 3+ target...

Vanquisher: one shot, 50% hit, 50% to wound, 83% past saves, 4.5 average damage roll, 0.94 average wounds.

Battle cannon: D6 shots, 50% hit, 50% to wound, 67% past saves, 2 average damage roll, 1.17 average wounds.

Anyway, I need to decide which army I'm going to work on getting painted. Which of these looks best in 8th.

Orks: fuckload of models already painted, but not enough of them basic infantry. I love converting vehicles and have a couple of kits to work on. Got some damaged and unbuilt deffkoptas I can fit into bomb carriers, some infantry that I can make into kommandos and I'm not sure what else is good this edition... stormboyz? Bikes? Kustom Mega Kannons?

Admech. Got twenty basic infantry, ten sicarians, tech priest dom, three ironstriders, robots and Cawl all my painting desk at the moment. All except Cawl are ready to be used and have basic block colour and metallics done, just need highlighting and detail work. If I go with these, probably going to grab the SC box for enough more infantry to split the current squads into smaller ones which, with the dunecrawler and another TPD will qualify for a brigade detachment. Also got a couple of the wargames exclusive titty-tech priests which still need assembling.

Genestealer Cult. Not got much for them, just the deathwatch overkill dudes, plus a bunch more purestrains, couple of broodlords and a rockcrusher. Would probably get some neophyte hybrids to round them out, but feel maybe I should wait and see if they get a SC box because they are expensive as fuck.

> vehicles don't get popped by a lucky lascannon

Do you have any idea how armored combat works IRL?

Other side of the board. And side note there wasn't an unpainted thing on the table which was awesome

The start collecting box for the orks is shit since you don't get enough boys in it

Imperial Guard if you don't see a lot of other Imperial players. Khorneflakes if you do.

If you go Kroot then it's only a matter of time before you go Tau...

Heavy warpflamer doesn't seem to be worth it with just one more Str. You'll never get in range with those slow terminators, regular warpflamers also have -2 AP and can be fired after Advancing, and the Soulreaper cannon fires 4 shots already.

Warpflamer is 15pts and does well as flamers do.

Soulreaper cannon is good for ranged and costs 20 points.

I wanna have both cuz it makes the unit balanced IMO

Get Boyz, would HIGHLY recommend finding a lot of them on ebay or other trading site, then get a couple boxs of burnas/lootas and boyz, you can use the loota weapons on the boyz bodies as they are the exact same.

a Get Started box is also a great idea

Kans are much better than they have been in a long time so they arent too bad of a buy

I have no idea why Bikes are being said that they are bad now, they should actually be better unless the points are insanely more

You forgot one minor thing: Many of the vehicles with 3+ saves the Leman Russ Targets have 5+ invuln saves. Knights and Onagers in particular come to mind. So the extra AP of the vanquisher becomes null and void. Hell, if your fighting Kastelans, you could make the case that a Battle Cannon's AP-2 is better because he's using the armor save and can't reflect the shots back at you. (Although does it say if you can choose which save takes priority? Or do you get to choose?

There are Primaris Marines of Ferrus's lineage.

>I play a game with miniature plastic army men that I paint and then use a ruler to have imaginary battles with on a miniature crafted world for the realism

youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

Did I make any mistakes? My LGS is starting a new league on Wednesday so I want to be ready.

I've been working on a design for Ultramar Auxilia, posted my idea for it before I believe. Severan Dominate models would make it a good bit easier, though I'd still have to model the shoulderpads to look like segmentata.

Nvm, looked it up. The opponent can choose which save he makes.

I actually got a bunch of Ork stuff for cheap from someone getting out of the game back in December.
I've got:
40 Slugga Boys
20 Shootas
10+ Burnas
5+ Rokkits (Tank bustas I guess)
15 Storm Boys
10 Kommandos
10 Nobs
A Warboss
2 Big Meks
2 Meks
3 Kans
2 Battle Wagons
1 Trukk
6 Bikers (2 nobs I think)
Ghazzy + 2 Mega Armoured Nobs.

I'll be in an escalation league and I'm not bringing unpainted models.
The escalation is approximately 750 points to 1300 to 1850. I have no idea what would work with what I've got. I've just painted up a bunch of boys with sluggas.

I notice I'm missing Dreads, Flash Gits, and Lootas. Should I grab some?

Why do you think they were left out of the paint schemes? Too similar to Raven Guard?

Mega download link for the dark imperium novel when?

The men of the Anglican 3rd had faced worst and although some of their number were already facing the effects of Nurgles gifts they would not be cowed. Guardsmen advanced to protect their armor from the Daemon prince's charge if necessary with their own bodys and heavy artillery repositioned themselves to face the new threats. Battle cannon shells,plasma cannons and even the dreaded Volcano cannon opening fire on the Traitor lines and combined with a salvo of lasguns the dreaded plague bikers were obliterated with only their lord surviving and all around the table Marines and their zombies fell.

Reposting for posterity, r8

I'd go with one squad of thirty and one of ten rather than two of twenty. Two squads of twenty lose the bonus attacks after two casualties, but the thirty boy block can soak up ten before it has issues. It also gives a Ld buff to nearby units. Basically, always go either minimum or maximum size with ork boys and minimum with everything else.

Some grots to fill out your troop slots and hold objectives can help.

Killa kans actually got quite a bit tougher against most things. They are also one of the few units with decent BS and decent weapons in the ork list.

Bikers aren't great, but I wouldn't call them trash. They are still a functional assault unit.

Stormboyz look pretty good. A five-boy squad is cheap as hell and can cause some damage or grab objectives pretty good. Kommandos are similar, although you need to take burnas and keep them minimum sized to make them worth the points.

Burnaboys are dubious. Really fucking delicate, but able to do decent damage and get around stuff with hit penalties. Absolutely need to be put in a transport vehicle. Either a battlewagon or a trukk will work; I'd go with trukk purely because you don't want to sink too many points into a unit which might struggle to use it's weapons.

Do you have any idea how insane Warhammer 40k is and how asinine it would be to apply muh realism to this game? If you want realism, play historicals.

Best way to use Bullgryn this edition?

I'm thinking Power Maul, Slab shield and maybe 4 in a Chimera. With how many D3/D6 Damage weapons out there I feel like giving them the transport might be nice. Maybe have another transport with Scions/Vets with a Platoon Commander and an Astropath for a +1 armor save.

Or would it be cheaper to just walk them up the field but have more of them.

This depends mostly on who you ask but I would grab the Gitz or Lootas then Dreads

The Gitz are definitely more reliable and have cooler models but the amount of high str wounds that Lootas can put out is intense

Halberds or swords on GK?

You get to choose.

Speaking of everybody's favorite boops, what's looking like the best way to run them? Heavy phosphor all around for a 110pt gunboat that delets marines like bubbles, or fists?

Also, thoughts on protocols? They seem really damn good this time around, as a 2+/4++ or double shooting/punching every turn. What's looking like the best option?

They weren't.

So is the best loadout for a 10-man Rubric squad a soulreaper cannon, 2 flamers and the rest bolters?

you could probably get away with just hiding them behind tanks, saving them as countercharge units

I'm a little bummed my three can't pack themselves into my solitary taurox anymore, though. With its short ranged guns it definitely wants some kind of protection.

Why are you reposting such a bad list

Don't keep posting something that you're only fielding because you're forced to due to the models that you have

>not taking all flamers to get the best overwatch bait ever
Pretty disgusting desu

IRL is irrelevant.

It doesn't make sense in the settle, Its not fucking fluffy at all, a single lascannon could get lucky and destroy a vehicle

The Plague god's warriors reformed from the barrage of Imperial fire and continued their march. The Plague Biker Lord laughing as he moved forward to reap the souls of the Imperial dogs as Typhus cursed the teleporters for making him land so far from the battle. And with the spread of Nurgles unholy gifts and the fire of the advancing traitor Marines the Lord jumped into combat crushing poor conscripts and using his unholy weapon to reap death while the Daemon Prince waited to strike.

I prefer a mix myself. Some swords, some halberds, at least one daemonhammer. Falchions also don't look as bad as they used to now that they're free.

Dreads don't look great in the new rules, although the models are great.

Lootas are kind of an odd option. They are reasonably good against rhinos and have enough range that you can actually avoid a lot of incoming fire, but they also work in a battlewagon, which makes them survivable and allows their guns to be fired on the move. Unfortunately, they are quite expensive for what they offer. Flash gits are similar, but lack the range and have overall better firepower. In order to get value out of your battlewagons, you probably need to put one or both of these units in them. Both kits are nice, although the FG one is newer and cooler. Personally, I'd take 5 of each.

What do you mean it can't pack in there anymore? It still has 10 spots and 3 Ogryn/Bullgryn only take up 9. You even have room to add a Commissar to help with Battleshock and some melee weapons to help beatstick with them.