Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

What will be your first Starfinder character? Do you have any Starfinder campaign plans in mind?

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3
strawpoll.com/rg6z66x
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure
paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/browse?path=&tab=paizo
strawpoll.com/ar5yrf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A good and caring necrocybermantic daddy on a quest for okay legs and brouzouf

A qt elf girl trying to overcome the Gap-caused paranoia and reintegrate into the normal society despite her mind messing with her.

No, because for literally anything Starfinder tries to offer, I'm already aware of a superior system that isn't reliant on 3.PF.

Space Hellknight.
PUUUUUUURGING WIIIIITH MY KIIIIIIIIIN

Posting because it already got leaked anyways. I know some of you were watching for this. Try to keep it in the roll20 thread, not this thread.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5126499/round-2-dot-dot-dot-3

5th level Obozaya has 45 SP and 41 HP. That's a total of 86 Meat Points needed to down her.
Let's take a look at her weapons:
First, the flamethrower, as it's the thematically funniest one for this calculation. It deals 1d6+4 damage per hit, that's average 7.5 damage, meaning she needs 12 hits on average to down herself. Her accuracy on the flamethrower is +7 vs EAC, meaning she needs a 17 to hit her own EAC, which is a 20% chance. That means she would need an average 60 attacks with her flamethrower to down her clone. That is assuming not using full-attacks to preserve accuracy. So, she needs entire 6 minutes of flamethrower fire to kill herself.
Second, let's take a look at her melee weapon, as it's the most damaging option she has. It has 1d8+10 damage per hit, average 14.5, meaning she needs 6 hits on average to down herself. An accuracy of +10 vs EAC means she needs a natural 14 to hit her counterpart, which is a 35% chance. So she needs to attack herself about 17-18 times with a doshko. That is almost two minutes of beating herself with a laser polearm to kill herself.
Am I the only one who thinks this is excessively slow?

Remember to vote for which Ensoulment characters you think should get in!
strawpoll.com/rg6z66x

Where are you getting these stats?

Reminder

>To be honest I did intend to give every applicant full reviews fairly constantly throughout the process, but I've been pretty overwhelmed by the number of applicants, and the number of those who revise their apps constantly and are thus in constant need of new reviews, so I've limited myself to only responding to specific questions for the most part. And I do still give full reviews on request, but have been trying to space out the amount I do at once which leads to backlogs and days off spent on review sprees.

Reviewanons, your help is needed for Flower Court! Help out all those applicants!

This got leaked.

>EAC
>KAC
i'm guessing Energy Armor Class and Kinetic Armor Class?

Yeah.

Well, it makes sense when you consider that full plate and a shield make it exceedingly difficult for a low level fighter to hit himself in Pathfinder. That and from all we've seen, the Soldier is supposed to be the tough guy, right?

This does tell me that accuracy boosters are going to be more important than before, as will be focus fire. The only thing I feel is a little slow here is the weapon damage scaling; at least one of those should have been a 2d6 by now, but that may just be Paizo's infamously terrible ability to build characters rearing its head by giving her shitty weapons.

That does look slow, but she's clearly a melee focused character at least judging by the damage and attack numbers. Kind of like saying that PF combat is slow because a greatsword focused fighter doesn't do much damage with his backup ranged weapon.

>Kinetic and Energy
>Not Kinetic and Thermal
Dropped.

I posted melee calculations, too.
She needs an average of 18 rounds to kill herself in melee. Even more than that if she full-attacks instead of single-attacking.

Hey man, gotta account for the lightning bolts.

18 in both strength and dexterity? The hell?

>18 in both strength and dexterity? The hell?
Probably augmentations.
That sheet has +2 str/dex/con/int relative to her level 1 sheet, which is an increase in whooping 4 stats.

I'd say it's a mistake to assume much without full knowledge of feats/equipment.

PF characters can have a hard time killing themselves. Although maybe not to this extent, Paizo is garbage at making characters.

QUALITYFINDER

They did say they were going to make stat bonuses easier to get, I think, when someone complained about a feat requiring 15 dex.

I hope one of you is going to upload the Starfinder rulebook for the rest of us while we wait for an SRD and roll20 support.

Glad to see that Starfinder is going to be another clusterfuck of shitty mechanics. Never change, Paizo!

I'll see what I can do.

>Frost Rifle
>Level 5
>1d8+2
>Againdt 45 stamina and 41 HP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RANGED BTFO

Is it worth it to make a bomb focused alchemist?

Good thing there's no Hollowslayer Greatsword.

Yes. It can be a ton of fun.

No. You run out of bombs far, far too quickly.

Still wondering how this counts the same ranks for the skill twice.

Without that it's 10 ranks + 3 for class skill + 5 for stat = 18 + take 10 = 28

For an attack roll it's 10 BAB + 2 weapon + 5 stat = +17 before the roll, so otherwise similar numbers if you're full BAB, other than making it reliable. And that's not assuming you're a harbinger which adds even more int on top to the attack roll(or at least gets it to the same number if you didn't max Str/Dex)

Yeah, there's still Skill Focus not included, but that also leaves off any buffs you might get to your attack roll too.

I mean that's how much damage a regular bow does. For all we know it has multiple shots per turn.Or PC's have more health than trash enemies. Definitely worrying though.

>charge attack is now a special ability that requires training to do

MARTIALS; NO FUN ALLOWED

Maybe it's just a class feature for soldiers?

>Or PC's have more health than trash enemies
We all but know that's the case; not a single one of the goblins in the Starfinder playtest livestream had stamina, even though the players did.

I'm being EAC is just touch AC, and KAC is just normal AC

You can, but you'll want some backup weapons.

You have [Alchemist Level] + [INT] bombs/day, though a few racial FCBs add an extra half a bom/level, and the "Extra" feat for it only provides 2 more/day.

Which means you'll be starting with probably 4-5 at level 1, where they will only do 1d6+[INT], fortunately against Touch AC, but still.

The version of Throw Anything the Alchemist has as a class feature, though, adds your Int Mod to ALL splash weapons. [eg. Alchemists Fire] So, those can be solid backups for a while, if a running expense.

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure

Seems like they're both normal AC, and attacks come in two flavors.

And TAC and FFAC will likely still be a thing beneath them...

Can someone explain what kind of stupid shit is a "Native Outsider" supposed to mean?

>People thought that this game craze would settle down after overlewd

All shit.

Well yeah.

Outsider is both a racial type and an origin type folded into one.

A native outsider is generally a creature that has a very strong spiritual/philosophical tie to the prime material plane.

Mostly they're either oni or kami.

Actually, they mentioned that touch and flatfooted are gone. Check out Point 2.
paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/browse?path=&tab=paizo

Outsider is a general moniker for shit like angels, demons and elementals. That is, weird things that aren't aberrations or fey. Native means you're native to the material plane, despite your type being outsider.

The short is, can't be banished back to whatever home plane its kind usually comes from.

They also thought it would be over after RotJR.

Most of these games seem decent, though. At least it's not more aimless "I don't have any plans, but I promise ERP for everyone" shit like Overlewd was.

It only has one shot per turn, look at the lack of special writing or anything to suggest otherwise!

GUNS SUCK AHAHAHAHAHAHA, GET REKT

>not new IPs
>over a minute apart
:thinking:

I'm sure the modifiers will still be there.

>A butthurt user samefagging, what a scandalous and shocking idea!

Yeah. I joined up with JttW because the concept sounded cool, not because of lewds.

Am I the only one who finds this to be a really weird comment/complaint since PLD is looking for another player, and basically caused Overlewd?

The soldier's EAC at level 1 was higher than 10+DEX. Apparently armour can give bonuses to EAC.

Oh god who left PLD this time
Wist?
IKiD?
Lysander?
The replacement for the good and caring daddy?

Overlewd is a hyper-generic "you're evil, sandbox" while PLD at least entertains the idea of a campaign.

You're evil, sandbox, and it's all about fucking.

Overlewd caused itself. MaximumSleep is Rory level thirst trash, except that he has tighter reins on his logs.

>everyone that doesn't like my circle jerking attention whore pageants is the same person!!!!
Fuck off back to the Discord.

Wist got tired of Vult always begging for ERP and quit.

Read the roll20 page.

Mr. Nobody aka Bon-bon no-showed with no explanation for two sessions

>TFW looking at the new Samsaran Beguiler app for Ensoulment
>Mystic Past Life
>He didn't read the class
Top kek

So he's still trash?

Flat-footed is a -2 penalty to AC now. That was already leaked.

>female character take the Leadership feat
>cohort is also female
>they're gay together

this would be funny desu

oh shit
>Thursday at about 6:30 pm EST to about 10:30
>JttW is from 9:00 to 12:00 but 'flexible' so maybe 10:00 to 1:00
W-will Wist be applying to JttW?

Bon Bon vanished. There was maybe drama that was being downplayed since she was raped before the others and didn't get cool transformation stuff from it. Then there was a character reroll. Then her logs got posted again. They were bad logs compared to what Wist and IKID did. Then she vanished.

I guess she was embarrassed? Or didn't want to get raped again. Do note how Vult made a note saying that rape ERP is no longer required.

Lysander logs never.

Running like a sperg with a stick in your hand is dangerous, kids. It's for trained professionals only, don't do this at home.

I don't get the joke. What's wrong with that?

Oh hey, look!
I can do that too!

Will this make me popular with all those bitter anons?

Wist is a goddess of RP

I mean believe I doctored the image if it makes you feel better, but me and the user that posted the /trash/ message are different people.

I lack the knowledge to do such a thing, but I have no proof.

Probably went back to Clown College.

Vult probably sperged them away

It's a Racial Trait, not a Trait.

Bon-bon was offered a retcon for troll tf's read : big honkin' knockers and such because I decided to tweak the corruption system after her scene, because I was unhappy she didn't have the choice of getting tf'd. She declined in favor of rerolling a new character. They built the new character, and then vanished with no word to me or any of my players, even after several attempts to contact on all fronts.

If you hear anything beyond that, it's someone speculating on the matter to shitpost and troll.

>Bon-Bon never left the college again. Too traumatized by troll rape to ever leave, and seemingly mentally intact after it nonetheless, she decided to leave the group that seemed so enthusiastic about fucking the man who abandoned her to get brutalized in a cave, and went to college, majoring in Clownonomics with a minor in Stage Magic.

>Sigmund is still dead and rotting, though.

In terms of punching, how good would Steelfist Commando | Dynamic Striker (Brawler) be?

Is JttW even a lewd game? It doesn't seem to be.

:thinking:

Not "basically", it's "literally". I assume the reasoning is to make it so that standing still isn't so heavily encouraged so that fighting can be more mobile and dynamic. I'm fine with that idea, if it's their intention. But how well do two attacks at -4 going to compare to one attack at no penalty? I don't math well enough to know how much better that is.

I hate this.

She can't full attack with her doshka anyway IIRC, it's got some special property called "unwieldy" or something like that which prevents it from being used for full attacks.

>Sigmund is still dead and rotting, though.

But his wife and child are still out there!

>That does look slow, but she's clearly a melee focused character at least judging by the damage and attack numbers.

user... She's QUALITY built, her Ranged attribute is just as strong as her Melee attribute, and her Ranged SUCKS ASS.

She's even got Deadly Aim!

F

strawpoll.com/ar5yrf8

Is this proof that Kobolds will always win in the end?

So I want to make a magus bladebound with a katana iaido style flavor using spellstrike where I hold the scabbard in my left hand to enchant the sword and use quick draw with my right, and then after all attacks, sheathes it. Apparently quick draw doesn't include quick sheathing. Should I just ask my DM if it can be included for the sake of flavor? Is there anything broken that I'm missing from trying to not take two seemingly shitty feats?

>still shitposting
m8 that's not even my handle anymore.

just play a mithral current initiator instead.

They need a newer, gooderer, more caring daddy

Captain Slow still gets all the deets and chats with them occasionally.

If they allow Path of War, try to work in some Mithral Current stuff. It has a stance that does just that.

He's a man with a busy schedule of giving dicky daddy cummies to daddy's princess types!