Gravis "Beergut" Armour

So what the hell is it?

A modernized and standardized artificer armour? A stop-gap between regular power armour and terminator armour?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Reiver_Squad
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aggressor_Squad
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What kind of beergut is behind the pecs?

>A modernized and standardized artificer armour? A stop-gap between regular power armour and terminator armour?

None of the above, it's brand new. It gives +1T

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Reiver_Squad

>A Reiver Squad is a close combat Primaris Space Marine unit, that wears skull faced helms and is equipped with silent power armour, that has been adapted for stealth work. They wield combat knives, power swords and heavy bolt pistols and have had their left pauldrons enlarged, in order to provide them with better protection in melee combat.[1]

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aggressor_Squad

>An Aggressor Squad is a Primaris Space Marine unit, that is equipped with shoulder mounted missle racks, that are reloaded from internal armour stores located within the Agressors' Gravis power armour. They also wield Flame Gauntlets, that billow forth burning promethium

...why the hell would a massive left pauldron provide any sort of advantage?

The aggressors sound decent though.

Sounds like the beergut is an ammo storage.

I hate his stupid fucking t-rex arms and little baby helmet

what a miserable design

T-rex arm pattern power armour, that's what.

Adeptus Bobandyus

>A Reiver Squad is a close combat Primaris Space Marine unit, that wears skull faced helms and is equipped with silent power armour, that has been adapted for stealth work. They wield combat knives, power swords and heavy bolt pistols and have had their left pauldrons enlarged, in order to provide them with better protection in melee combat
marine Striking Scorpions

>An Aggressor Squad is a Primaris Space Marine unit, that is equipped with shoulder mounted missle racks, that are reloaded from internal armour stores located within the Agressors' Gravis power armour. They also wield Flame Gauntlets, that billow forth burning promethium
marine Fire Dragons

Female close combat primaris with sonic masks when?

>long range missile launcher unit
>DEY IS FIRE DRAGONS

Against a right handed opponent, the larger left pauldron will be more likely to deflect hits. It's similar to why Tau Fire Warriors have a bigass left pauldron. Because they hold their gun in their right hand, left shoulder faces towards the enemy, so making it bigger makes it more likely to block fire.

Gravis: with gravity, as in, Grave.

It's Grave Armor. As in Dire Armor. As in More Serious Than Normal Armor. As in Bigger Than Usual Armor.

God dammit Kopinski, fucked everything up.
Fucking truescale fags.

The weird thing about that armor is Inceptors are also wearing Gravis armor but it doesn't look nearly as retarded.

OP, if that's a beergut, there's a lot of muscular men out there who would be running in shame for the gym. Proportionally speaking, the armor does not have a beergut, and no matter how hard I stare at it... I can only think that the "plates stacked on top of each other" design choice would be why this is even a meme. Underneath those plates the marine's stomach would be muscular as hell, but considering each plate looks to be decently thick and is wrapped over a another layer of core armor, the dude underneath would likely be fairly normal in proportions or even God forbid, thin.

It has that belt thing to break up the look.

Where is the beer gut? The only thing that looks enlarged is the pecs? Is this a new meme?

I hate memes

>Chestplate protrudes further than stomach
>Beergut

Ok

I tell you what, I think that marine is gravid.

It's its own kind of retarded.

Its the poses that get me. Everything else can be saved (depending on how the non starter set kits are designed) but the poses just suck.

Just look at the corresponding model. It's much more blatant there.

Also, I think he's gonna bro up to Eidolon soon. Fat Space Marine solidarity and all that.

I mean, the packs, and the guns? Nah, I'm not seeing it.

>it doesn't look nearly as retarded.
The Inceptors look even MORE retarded, IMO. But more because of the jump packs than anything.

I dont mind the guns, and yeah the packs can be saved. What makes them look weird is how they attach to the hood like that. A fix can be made, but the difficulty will depend on how it assembles.

I'd wait for them to get a multi-part kit first, and then hybridise them with Intercessor torsos and old-Marine jump packs or something. Or knock together an alternate jump pack design if the old packs don't fit properly.

>REEEEEE I DONT GET JOKES

Also, it's more obvious on the model than in the art.

I guess I'm blind, because it looks fucking fine. At the very least it looks just as stupid as any other space marine.

Ithink people have a problem with it because the plates are rounded and protrude past his waist. I think. I personally don't see the problem with it. I mean the pose is a bit odd, but that's just part and parcel with 40k really.

>Trailer park boys reference
Muh nigga

He's a Space Marine in the same terrible scoliosis pose as the plastic Ork boys, but looks even dumber for it because he isn't a hunched football alien.

omg the flying gullimuhreenz look so fucking stupid just fucking kill everything

his ass doesn't stick out enough for that though.

Its something marinelets cant compete with.

If it helps (like it did with me), they drop from low orbit, instead of jumping out of Thunderhawks like Assault Marines.

>they drop from low orbit
>CAP trooper marines

I thought they looked a little ape-like...

it's just his wide, child-bearing hips that create the illusion

>wide hips
>stomach bulge

Femarines secretly confirmed!

Explains the harness.

The reference was great, but you ruined it with a pic of the shitty movie MI who weren't proper cap troopers nor apes.

Like I said, "he's" gravid.

How does a Primaris Space Marine stealth when he has a fuckhuge left pauldron and is taller than a normal Space Marine?

How the fuck do Orks stealth?

Why did geedub release these as some new Marines? Just reading the tg stuff it all sounds like a mess. They should have released these as updated models and left it at that.

he can cloak? legit says it's silent and it's been referenced elsewhere they can stealth

Lorewise it introduces some cool new possibilities. Greyshields, Cawl going through with his traitor legion geneseed plot to give us loyalist traitors, Guilliman slowly becoming as ruthless as the Emperor and following his footsteps even as he grows to despise the man.

But as per usual the real reason is MONEY.

it was a good source of reaction pics tho

The interesting thing about Guilliman is he would have been made the chief administrator of the Imperium post-Crusade anyway if there was no heresy. So in a way, we're seeing how that life would have worked out for Guilliman. Would he have liked it forever? Would he indeed grow to despite Big E for being so distant?

The problem isnt Emps being distant its Emps being a massive lying cunt.

In time, space marines will lose their vestigial limbs and become totally armless.

The Dark Angel in that 6th edition art just makes me wonder if the artist (Alex Boyd, maybe?) just stopped giving a fuck about proportions altogether. The whole torso area just seems off.

that image is amazing

>Reiver
>Primaris with stealth suits, giant knives, and skull helmets

If I had a collage of an Eversor, Catachan, Carcharodon, and Raptors chapter marine all rubbing blood on their cheeks, that's what I'd post.

>How the fuck do Orks stealth?
Pic related

>"Beergut"
cannot unsee

underrated