Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

That feel when the Imperium is increasingly heretical... edition.

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/31/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-necrons/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mjZcYAN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh look it's a trashcan thread.

Quicksilver Swiftness

What else would 40k general be?

so whats the word on drop pods?

Utter garbage now that jump pack deep striking and terminator armor can do it flawlessly?

Multi Melta devastator squad for an expensive cookout?

I don't like how they are making the Emperor seem like a total asshole even in the Dark Imperium.

He should have least had the honesty to explain to Guilliman why he thought the Primarchs were tools (which they totally are as creations) and maybe explained how he himself was also a creation too, or how his birth dad got killed by his uncle when he was some caveman kid pre-Emprahing.

A cute!
CUTE!

2000 points of conscripts vs 2000 points of fenrisian wolves - who wins?

I'm thinking of building a casual SM army of salamanders, but I really like the HH power armors better. If I get a bunch of HH infantry, paint them salamanders, I'm sure I could use them in 40K, but would I be allowed to at any special event, league or GW tournament? Would they say that all my 30k men aren't allowed for use in 40k even if they're official? Would they not allow me to use a Contemptor as a regular dreadnought?

With blasts gone, is Ork shooting penalized harder than it was before?

I need to paint a bunch of dangles for my friend.

Normally i prime grey and then basecoat

are the gw or army painter sprays good for this purpose? Should I just use caliban green spray and call it a day or should I prime also?

I made an attempt at "my dudes" Primaris chapter. Will I get made fun of or will it swoosh in games just fine? Any change you reccomend? Also what's a good way to make the bell logo for the minis?

Fluff is they use the sound of huge bells when they go to battle together with lithanies and chants for morale, and eventually id like to make a conversion and make this big golden bell surrounded by servitors. I don't think I would actually field it as anything tho.

Xth for melee baneblade:

Any news on Corsairs? It looks like they won't be an independent army anymore. Fucking FW.

The sneak peak for the FW Index Xenos shows an "Asuryani" section with the Craftworlds Army List, and the Corsairs units, but no Corsairs Army List. I hope I'm missing something here and/or the Craftworlds Army List from FW can be used to make an all-Corsairs detachment. It doesn't look like it though... there's only 3 Corsairs infantry units listed and most of the rest is stuff shared with Craftworlds

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>local store is doing 15 off 75
>play tyranids

Do I get a second SC!, 2 boxes of warriors, or a Trygon and a box of gribblies?

Could be he does have subtlety left and is goading Guilliman to go find his lost brothers for help rather than relying on papa.

Could also be that Horus was actually put onto the Astronomicon in the Emperor's place, and the Emperor has been dead for quite some time already.

I dig it. As for painting the bell emblem, you might be able to find transfer sheets for it. If not it's not too hard to freehand.

Bell from Skaven might be a nice base, although you'd need to do some serious conversion work.

I think a lot of AdMech players would agree that in 7th, these guys weren't really worth using. I think they got a buff in 8th- +1 shot, and S5. All of that with a points reduction.

For the faction, I'm not super happy about losing so many unique faction rules and gaining an incredibly weak version of canticles to make up for it, but it seems AdMech are on a similar power level to other factions, so I'm overall happy.

What do other AdMech/Skitarii players think about Electro Priests? How about the faction in general?

...I must admit, "Bells of Terra" is actually a cool title. Bravo, user.

Reposting for critique

thanks, I saw that but didn't see orks in tehre

Then they haven't been implemented for 8th edition, yet

Warhammer 40k General Discord channel invite: discord.gg/mjZcYAN

Everyone's welcome to join. You don't have to, no one's making you. The link is here whenever you want it.

Any suggestions on where to order 40k in the US that gives a discount and hopefully isn't too far from the midwest?

Went to preorder my 8e stuff and discovered that my local store has suddenly decided to stop giving any kind of preorder/special order discount on GW products, starting now. Fuckin' cunts, and of course it's the only store within several hours that carries 40k.

>Sorcerer 173pts
Staff, combi-melta

>5 C. Terminators 256
4 combi-bolters, 1 reaper cannon
2 fists, chainfist, power claws, power maul

>10 chaos marines 158
melta, plasma pistol, power sword
>rhino 81
Combi-flamer
>10 chaos marines 153
plasma gun, heavy bolter

>Keeper of Secrets 223
>herald of Slaanesh 66

>10 Daemonettes 125
Icon, Instrument
>10 Daemonettes 125
Icon, Instrument
>3 Fiends of Slaanesh 138

I'm going to try this list for my first game of 8th, I'm allowed to put all this in a battalion together, from what I understand, because they have the same faction.

I'll try freehand, I was afraid of fucking it up because it will be my first attempt at it. Thanks
That is an awesome base indeed. I didn't knew about it, thanks a lot for sharing.
Thanks, I feel better about the general idea now. I was afraid it sounded too stupid. I love the Bell of Lost Souls lore and used it as inspiration.

Not a fan of the name or the insignia personally, but that's a really good color scheme

How are Dark Angels this edition? They were great in 7th, been nerfed now?

Primaris are made from Heresy era men, Bjorn is no longer oldest space marine.

i wish they'd stop calling them Primaris marines there still space marines just with a updated gene seed

>people saying and losing there shit that a techpreist outdid the emperors own work

he took what was already there and modified it bullshit like the custodes and primarchs are still unknowable to all but big E

Halp

No one knows, the edition is wildly different and no one has been doing the kinds of testing where we even understand what the meta will look like, let alone how individual units or armies will perform in that meta.

Miniature Market is one of the biggest retailers and is located in STL.

Nobody would bat an eye, esspecially if it's the plastic HH stuff and esspecialy for a first founding chapter.

If it's GW plastic it's allowed in 99% of cases.

What do you think of this guy now that hes not free bullshit?

The best Marine model, since beakie.

>Havent bought new models in years
>Need some more sisters with heavy bolters
>Impossible to buy

Any 8th ed fluff photos?

I've been thinking about picking up some WH40K stuff when the new edition comes out, figuring it's as good a time as any to jump in. I've never played any other edition, but I have experience with other miniatures games. I'm having a tough time deciding what faction to pick up, though I was thinking of splitting the upcoming two player box with a friend. He wants the Death Guard, so that would leave with me with the Primaris Ultramarines.

If, down the road, I were to get another Space Marine faction, could I field it with the Primaris Ultramarines, or can you only field one chapter at a time?

Always prime first, chaos black is good for DAngles

Forge World is just as legal as GW. You can use them as counts-as in any 40k official event just fine, as armor marks for basic Space Marines are just styles and don't really confer any mechanical bonus or penalty.

As for the Contemptor, it has Forge World rules for 40k, but I'm not sure if it has GW 40k rules. Still, it shouldn't be a problem since, even though its silhouette is a changed factor, it can only really work against you since its much taller than a regular Dread.

So what is the meta looking like now
Apparently Eldar actually got bumped down a fair bit, orks are looking good actually and no longer need to meme about being bad anymore

yes

You can paint the Primaris however you want to, dude.

I agree, it just felt like a shame leaving him in the army box all the time last edition.

They remind me of the final boss in Bioshock.

I understand, I went with an "easy" scheme that will collide nicely, or so I think, with blue and gold. Thanks for the imput, I feel content and will finally do this color scheme when I get the DC box.

The Contemptor does have 40k rules, ever since they ported Calth into 40k.

I've managed to collect a rather large Talons of the Emperor army for 30k and 40k (Using 30k rules, but now that 30k is staying in 7E, I feel kind of... Out of options? Feeling the lack of tools? I dunno how to express it. But do you guys think they might give the Talons some 30k gear with the upcoming Imperial Armour releases, or should I just pack them away on my shelf?

The contemptor is IN the 8th space marine army book. So are those 30k terminators and seemingly most guns that were in 30k.

A lot of stuff will be missing but they said that forge world is full legal and books for the entirety of forge worlds history are coming out for regular 40k by the end of the month. They'll probably be identical to the rest of the books we already have except for forge world.

i like it, but the lack of noise marines makes me sad :(

It's much more even now across factions. Proper tier lists won't be out for a while though as it's all speculation currently.

Unless you count tyranids, whom I played against with admech today. Lost top of 2 due to so many early game charges. Broken as shit.

Can a unit move after disembarking from a moving valkyrie?

Don't see why not.

Well I always thought they were absolute shit that I would never buy or use, but after seeing the new rules I'm actually considering picking up some of the pure melee variant. I ffeel like they've gotten a lot better, and I'm going to need something to protect my other boys from the turn one assualt madness with and they just might fit the bill.

It doesn't say they can't so they probably can.

I dont own any yet.

That's all Slaanesh faction alright but not a battalion your short 2 HQ's. Battalion requires 3 HQ's minimum.

Yep. Unlike not!Deep Strike, it doesn't say it happens at the end of the movement phase. It's exactly like getting out of a Chimera or Taurox, they can still move.

They remain to be hideous looking models, but their ability to hand out mortal wounds like candy makes them an extremely dangerous snowball unit that is effective against pretty much everything once they get their first kill.

You can definitely build a list around getting these guys into combat

Disembarking counts as their movement
Read the rules

Its a disembark not a 'deep strike' so yes they act normally after disembarking.

It's tough to justify their cost, but keep in mind that you can put 2 5-man units in it
double devastators seems like enough of an investment to justify the pod

>t. assmad infinity/warmahordes fag who realized 8th edition is going to kill all the alternative wargames now that GW stopped fucking around and released a genuinely good ruleset for once

I remember not even a week ago orks crying and GKs rejoicing over the leaks
fun to see things pan out

What do you have already?

ork blast weapons are overall worse
however, everything that was previously twin-linked now chucks out double shots instead, which is better
so, little column A, little column B

So why are grey knights still shit, because of lesser smite or low model count from terminator spam?

I actually like the models, so the appearance is definitely not a drawback. It's kind of frustrating how fragile these fuckers are in a faction with no transports.

I think delivery is the hardest thing about these guys, and likely will continue to be. Now that they aren't as expensive, they might have a reason to exist.

Tyranids went from being a gimicky army that had to spam 1 unit to being OP in a single edition change. Man how writing can change an army

>Read the rules

You act normally after disembarking from transports.

Go play your dying wargame instead of shitting up a better ones general

Orks needed a buff, not go top tier with the new objectives rules. Ridiculous.

>ork blast weapons are overall worse

All blast weapons in the game are worse in the same way, which is good for orks. Most of their vehicles are way tougher and are good in mellee. Most of their randumb garbage is just flat out better in every way now.

Orks are almost entirely column A, its just a question of how much.

Im talking about 8th btw
sorry for not clarifying

Being able to run screeching like a retard and fire a million shots is slightly better. Pistols in combat is better for other people than us but its not that bad

Our Bikes and Fliers shooting is way better than it used to be

Casual list I'm thinking of, mainly because I like tanks and armour, for those who can't read my terrible hand writing

Hq
Pask, battle cannon, heavy bolter

Heavy support
6 leman russes, battle cannon, heavy bolter
3 Basilisks, earth shaker, heavy bolter

Fast attack
3 banewolf, chem cannon, heavy flamer
3 armoured sentinel, plasma cannon, saw

That's using the spear head formation, I know it's not massively optimised, but any thoughts?

Sorcerer, KoS and Herald.

I'm allowed to run them in one detachment now, right?

They're not shit, some GKfags are overreacting based on theorycraft without playing the damn game first.

That lesser smite NEEDS to be what it is, or they would be OP.

FLG playtesters seem to think that most armies are pretty damned good these days. The only major armies they seemed down on were Craftworld Eldar and Daemons. Eldar can be run as Ynnari to make them a lot better though. Orks, Nids, and Dark Eldar are probably the most improves armies relative to 7th, and may be on top. Marines of all flavors are good and play pretty differently. Harlequins are apparently insane ninja clowns of doom now. Despite their small size they consider them one of the top armies easily. Still, this is only a few guys, so don't take it as gospel.

livestream this is from:
twitch DOT tv/videos/149230276

>Read the Rules
>Didn't read the rules

No Shiggy Diggy.

Anyone familiar with nids?

Basis are good now. Battle Cannons suck, though.

>Played the shit out of combi-plasma wolf guards in drop-pod from 5th to 7th
>8th edition happens
>I can do the exact same thing for the exact some point cost by giving jump packs to the wolf guards

I'm going to pointlessly throw away the lives of my wolf guards and there's nothing you can do about it.

No one knows, duder. Game isn't even out yet. We can look at the rules and points and kinda maybe sketch out how things could maybe work kinda. You're not going to get useful advice without being a lot more specific in what you're asking.

>The only major armies they seemed down on were Craftworld Eldar and Daemons.
Wow, the skill-less fags who played the two most OP races suddenly can't win when everyone is at the same level. Would you look at that.

How big are bloodbowl miniatures compared to 40k? I have been thinking of using bloodbowl orcs as Stormboyz, adding a rocket pack to each one.

I've always played a heavy mek ork list. I'm liking that I can actually take all the kans and dreds I own now

New player getting into 40k for the first time since all my gaming buds are excited to play again with 8th edition.
I'm a poorfag and don't have shit loads of free cash laying around to build an army, so are any of the armies less expensive to buy into?

I like the name, idea and emblem but the color scheme could use some work IMO, it's pretty boring.
Since they're associated with bells and Terra, maybe try a flashy and ornate look with burnished gold, copper or silver?

Help, I want a Baneblade variant even more now. I used to hate super heavies and I still kind of do, but now I want one.

Not sure what one I should get. Probably Stormlord since I like Bullgryn and assault units.

Emperor's Children Warband, 1782/2000, Battalion Detachment

HQ - 249

Chaos Lord on Steed of Slaanesh, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol - 109

Sorceror on Steed of Slaanesh, Force Stave, Plasma Pistol - 140

Troops - 982

2x 10 Noise Marines, 7 w/ Sonic Blasters, 2 w/ Blastmasters, Noise Champion with Doom Siren, Power Sword and Plasma Pistol, Icon of Excess, Chaos Rhino and Combi-Bolter. - 682

2x30 Cultists, Autopistols and Brutal Assault Weapons, Cultist Champion, Autopistol and Brutal Assault Weapon - 300

Fast Attack - 386

1x 10 Raptors, 2 Plasma Pistols and Chainswords, Icon of Excess, 2 Plasma Guns, Raptor Champion, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword - 221

1x5 Chaos Spawn - 165

Elite - 165

Helbrute, Twin Lascannon, Power Scourge - 165

What to add to this to make up the points, lads?

Also to add with regard to the other faction who are burning their models. They though Tau were pretty good. "The Greater Good" is very powerful in practice. The one thing they did say is the Riptide is pretty much dead, you want one at most, and eary charges are a thing. So you can't just expect to shoot your opponent off the table before they reach you. Tau players need to adapt, use screening units (Kroot!) etc. They seemed pretty high on a Crisis heavy "Ninja Tau" style army but felt infantry based lists could work too. Sniper Drones are apparently the best snipers around aside from the Vindicaire.

But it just about made the Blitz-Bomma and the Waz-Bomma worse didn't it?

Yeah.

Too bad the larger Ork walkers have even less use now than they did before.

Delivery would be an issue if I expected to try and get them to my opponent. I reckon I'll make a good amount and then keep them around for when I play my buddies who play nids, orks, and SW, so that I can use them as meat shields for my gunline, cause it feels like i'm going to need a way to keep them from getting into melee with my guys. But that's just me, and i'm really not that good at 40k so I may just be trippin balls.

A Valkyrie filled with 2 units of special weapon squads armed with either meltaguns or flamers Is a amazing combo.
Fly the valk in and disembark the 2 squads 9" away from a enemy, then move 6" to get into flamer and melta range.