How did such terrible writing get so popular?

How did such terrible writing get so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jkj8KmxYpkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because love can bloom

An assassin breed and trained to hate and kill anything xenos falls in loves in an instant.... shipfags are the worst.

Seriously, if you take the Warhammer 40k setting away it's just another dime a dozen romance shitty romance novel. Though the shit produced by GW you faggots still buy from I'm not really surprised you would want THIS to be canon.

memes

Is it really any worse than believing a green frog and recurring digits can magically alter reality?

I don't know, it's so retarded.

These are both good points, but I don't know, forced romanced plots have been one of my biggest (autistic) pet peeves

*romance

Because at the time it was written it was good compared to the rest of the writing and shitty quests happening on this board. Memes did the rest.

Stupid was part of the novelty. It was also a part of the times, like how Andy Griffith is no longer quite as entertaining as it was way back when. Times change, perspectives alter, but the important thing is that these memes and stories laid the foundation for a lot of current board culture. You don't have to respect them for what they are, but do respect them for their presence in our history.

It's a shipfic not the fucking wheel.

back then Veeky Forums didn't care much about 40k lore, you get that from all the other OC at the time.

nowadays Veeky Forums only wishes to not care about 40k lore

Old Veeky Forums was less mature.

early Veeky Forums was a time when /b/ was actually influential

very different time back then

It wasn't just all kik ads and trap threads?

Because everyone yearns for some tacky love. Even you, OP. You just haven't let it bloom.

Touche, I have guilty pleasures, but when people call this shit "deep" and "meaningful" It's just disappointing to me.

>Andy Griffith is no longer quite as entertaining as it was way back when
Fite me

Compared to what?

I'll take old Veeky Forums immaturity over the current "I'm too smart for this board, but I'm here anyway mentality"

How about we both agree both mentalities are very very stupid.... or you are perceiving "I am too smart" from people who just don't have the same immature tastes as you.

neither.

you presume too much

Being a retard is better than being at least a bit more intelligent (if more pretentious)?

You are the problem.

Still better than most of the setting.

again you presume too much.

I don't understand how you are just seemingly making up entire thesis for me when I'm doing my best to not say anything at all.

If you want to bitch, bitch, but don't put words in people's mouths.

The idea of Veeky Forums producing ANY long form content gave it novelty and appeal. Veeky Forums was the first board to do so, hence "Veeky Forums gets shit done." Since then, /a/ made a VN, /k/ created Nuggetfest and a small board economy, /g/ created actual useful software, /v/ kicked off gamergate, and /pol/ changed the world (love or hate them, they did impact the 2016 election), but nobody from back then would have believed you if you told them.

>I'll take the Veeky Forums immaturity over the current "I'm too smart for this board, but I'm here anyway mentality"

This is not a statement then, you said nothing, you are so intellectual that you can just pretend you never made any points, amazing.

And Veeky Forums made shitty fanfiction, truly this is a great board with a legacy that will last for the ages.

which you proceeded to ignore subsequently at when I provided a response, but you are just making up answers anyway so what's the point?

Here, have more vague statements.
Like this statement.
have fun interpreting it as you please.

Jesus fucking Christ

I'm being facetious, god damn the autism, I'm mocking your point that immaturity is better than perceived superiority.

Then I responded that both ways of thinking are stupid.

Do I have to deconstruct everything for you retard?

Yes, we can read wikias too user

>I was merely pretending

really? you are going to call other people retarded with this shit?

whatever. good night.

what you don't understand is that this immaturity you are lashing out against was the flipside of raw, unchecked creativity. and watching this energy in play was waaaaaaaay more entertaining than having any conversation with you

>m-muh shitty fanfic
we know. shut up.

>whatever. good night.
>Spergs out 30 minutes later

What did he mean by this?

teenagers

Also the only reason it sticks around in the board's consciousness is because it's the skub of the dawn of war memes. There's no arguments over steel rain, "gifts" and lost baneblades.

Shut up, Alicia

Because at the time it was written it felt like a fresh way of looking at the 40k setting even if that fresh way was via dumb cliche romance novel shit. 40k as a setting at that point could not have been more painfully stagnant and one-note, Veeky Forums was desperate for anything that would give the setting new life. That's why we had cutsey tyrannids and anime waifu girl tau and a million goofy gimmick spinoffs of the Angry Marines at the same time as Love Can Bloom.

Also, its a reasonably well written (for post-by-post fanfiction standards if nothing else) story where the flaws in the writing are easily glossed over by it being engaging and interesting and doing good things with what at its core is one of the most elemental story archetypes in western literature, the tragic star-crossed lovers on opposite sides of a war. Star Wars became one of the most influential movies in history doing those things, is it really that shocking that LCB managed mere lasting popularity in a niche internet fandom? Its not a high bar.

It's easy to sit back and throw stones at it now that we're all older and jaded and eager for any excuse to shit on everything, but fuck that attitude. LIVII fought a Grey Knight for his Psychic Waifu and earned her Immortal Elf Love, and it was great.

lol, eurofag here, i just got up, you're confusing me with that muricabro over there:

Go to the 40k general (or any other "muh canon" fight) and sample the maturity for yourself.
Veeky Forums always had stupid threads and constructive threads at the same time, but back in the day stupid wasn't taken so seriously, and the sheer quantity of drawfags and writefags made for a good amount of gold nuggets.
I don't see anything where current Veeky Forums is better than the old one.
Heck, we got rid of questfags, and instead of giving more space to good content, we just got more clickbait threads.

I still enjoy discussing about systems here, but being retarded together isn't as fun as it used to be.

Veeky Forums is majority Imperium-fags that can only like other factions if they can turn their women into cuty anime waifus for their self-inserts to fuck, whiled disregarding what an insult that is to these factions.

>How did such terrible writing get so popular?

Are you asking about this story specifically or 40k in general?

>Andy Griffith
I bet he would have gotten more respect if he used one of those

>implying Veeky Forums doesn't turn everything into waifus
>implying Veeky Forums doesn't want to be the little girl
I'm disappoint, son.

Yeah, just like Veeky Forums is /totall gay/, /d/-lite and the home of quests, right?

>53628213
>le waifu strawman.

Actually, yes.
What are you even doing here if you don't like monstergirls, homoshit and roleplaying?

Crunch, lore-discussion, board games. And really, if you think that playing forum games about fucking gay monstergirls is the only role-playing activity you can talk about around here, then there is no helping.

There are forums for that shit

>How did such terrible writing get so popular?
Do it better faggot

user, what's the point on being on an anonymous imageboard if you can't deviate from what's socially acceptable?
I come here to see someone seriously discuss the political implications of Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS in a thread about furries on the eastern front. Or learn things about horse anuses.

If you want more respectability and better retard identification, use a regular forum.

because fuckheads like you decided to post over and over again that it was shit, even thought its sorta a funny meme and charming. Instead you need to autistically screech from atop the tallest structure you can find that you dont like it, and everyone needs to agree with you and not like it as well.

That about sum it up?

Old Veeky Forums was shit in a way I liked, new Veeky Forums is shit in a way I dislike. Oh god, I remember the endless quest bitching because you chucklefucks needed a Satan to blame for the shit state of the board and when quests got moved to a separate board you know what happened? Fucking nothing that's what except now you have no scapegoat left to blame.

Nothing of what he said made what you want to talk about impossible.

How about how on the other hand this meme gets endlessly paraded around and forced into various threads, instead of recongizing that these kind of things can have an expiration date and we are clearly passed it.

Hello kettle, have you met pot?

That snek is cute.

Exactly, I used read stupid fanfics when I was 14 to, now I don't because I realized they are neither "funny" or "charming"

But it doesn't? No one had a lcb thread until OP

No, quests have seriously gotten low in quality.

Quests used to be a rarer occurrence and it rarely went beyond 5 parts. It was also more frequently visited by random drawfags which in turn made the stories more memorable and wider /tg / culture.

Then the great purge came and amount of content just died. Threads died with no rhyme or reason and contributers saw no reason to stay. So there was a gaping hole and random quests just filled the place. These quests were ultimately very insular due to the sheer length and lack of universal content and it started taking up chunks of the board that was bumping faster than anything else while being a complete deadspace for majority of the users. It also didn't help that other boards were making tg the dumpground for their quests due to their mod enforcement. So tg got littered with threads that meant so little for majority users while refusing to disappear.

Quests being gone was a good thing in general. Obscure topics last longer and less content to filter.

Obscure topics didn't suddenly get less obscure, they still get bumped off the board at the same speed they did while quests were here.

I'll take that all back in a heartbeat if it means we got some of the writers and artists back. It was immature but fun and occasionally led to entire nonsense threads because or a particularly poorly placed typo.

>hurdur learn to cook

No, he means writing

Go to Tumblr or Fanfiction for your faggy stories then user

>great purge
>hey, strangely a lot of contributors got fed up with this bullshit and left
>should we let them come back?
>nah, just remove quests entirely. Surely it won't burn the last bridges with the drawfags

Even without talking about Sturgeon's law and how it might biase your perception of the evolution of quest quality, I hope you see the issue in the current situation.

The bridge was burned already and I've lurked at plenty of quests. Roaming drawfags are dead and have been dead since the mod purge.

The board is now post purge crowd and we will never go back to the days when tg was fun.

Assholes like these are why tg will never be enjoyable again. Can't let people have fun, maybe share anything, nope.

Boo fucking hoo, just because the majority don't find your cringey shit fun does not mean you can't still do it.

I will never stop enjoying the butt hurt of IGfag over Gorgutz victory.

IG were the winners of Kronus though right?

You just told the guy not to do it before. Stop crying for a bit and stop being a hypocrite

I refuse to suck someones dick just because he made some OC.

When did I say "not to do it"? I mocked him, but I didn't call a ban of shipfags

No one asked for fellatio. This is a blue board. People do that on soc and b

>Go to Tumblr or Fanfiction for your faggy stories then user

If he could do it here why would he be told to go elsewhere ?

Logic escapes you

Those were the Blood Ravens.

Yeah, I'm glad that we send smutfags to there.

>I like to mop instead of doing something, the post.
I suspect say it's partially your fault. Get those fingers out, user. One step at a time. In every aspect of your life.

Then what's your complaint?

Do you just want to suck dicks? Is that why you are accusing others of soliciting oral sex? Are you just being tsundere?

Gross

Get your fingers out?

>53638226
Just fishing for (You)'s, right?

There was one when the fan video came out.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jkj8KmxYpkQ

But you are right, nobody says much about it except the twats whose is always screeching "REEEEEEEE WAIFUFAGS RUINED THE ELDAR REEEEEEEEEEEEE"
Those guys and OP should fuck themselves with a chainsword.

>Those guys and OP should fuck themselves with a chainsword.

I thought I was the salty one, though waifufags are saltier faggots than they care to admit.

Because funny

Also because anytime something has bits of metal gear in it you should expect terrible writing.

Also terrible writing never stopped the metal gear series.

...you're right, everyone who cares about a thing cares about it in exactly the way you do, and expresses it the same way too.

Stupid piece of shit.

>53639617
>Implying I am salty.
>Implying I am a waifufag.
>Implying I go to ruin others threads with "muh canon/headcanon iz betta dan youz!" like you lot does.

Fuck eldar in general. 《Cause dey murderfucked slaanesh into existance》in all other terms meh. Also orks are better. Get an ork wifu dey da best wifu if your mental and need lonly fag like love.

Im with salt mine on this salt accuser

>Also orks are better.
Here is a user of wealth and tas-
>Get an ork wifu dey da best wifu if your mental and need lonly fag like love.
ZOG YOU YA PINKY CHAOS BOY!

Board culture across the website was a lot more honest back then.

If you go look at old screencaps from a decade ago (fun reminder that 2006 was 11 years ago and this site was started in 2003, 14 years ago), you'll probably wince at the unironic use of "epic" and "lulz" compared to everyone just calling each other cucks

The death of BBS systems and increasing shrinkage of the Internet''s variety to fewer and fewer companies and sites holding more and more traffic is probably part of it. The wild west days are over, but back then everything seemed a lot more bright and exciting and novel because nobody had done the shit we take for granted.

Stuff like lcb and angry marines would be mocked as reddit tier nonsense if it came out today.

Everything has to be subversive, metapostironic garbage nowadays. Veeky Forums has always been contrarian, but with increased cross-pollination with other sites there's dudes basically self radicalizing in response to the idea of becoming mainstream.

So yeah, OP, cute drawings of humans and eldar getting along in the vein of trashy romance novels used to be good enough, now they're not.

Orks are the biggest and the strongest lovers

40k writing is already retarded i dont see how this is any worse

Maybe something that does not take itself so seriously like a Guardsman falling in love with a Wraithlord

he's a thirsty boye

Because it shows a pair from different factions not backstabbing each other and having few to none desires to do so.
Something that really piss off the purists, if the reaction of the ending of DoW 3 is anuthing to go.

No shit retard, reading at least a bit of the fluff, you would know that diplomacy has be tried more than once on multiple sides in the galaxy because of how immense the Imperium really is.

No, we are just mocking a shitty fanfic.

>Seinfeld isn't funny!

Now you reminded me of that fapfic where a Dreadnought and a Wraithlady tried to get frisky.