Connected to RunnerNet

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Stuffer_Shack:_Deliberate_Attack_Against_It?.news
>Stealing_Commlinks:_How_Badly_Can_You_Fuck_Up_Compilation.trid
>Killing_Gangers:_When_even_the_corps_are_too_lazy.thread
>Lockpicking.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -9999 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chummer, ya gonna help me! This was supposed to be a milkrun but now we're tailed by three Firewatch helicopters. What should we do?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Error.BTL...

>Shoot straight (as if you'd hit anything)
>Conserve ammo (you'll need some money when hiding)
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon (you're gonna fail anyway)

Failure Edition
When have you fucked up?
When have you really fucked up?
When have you fucked up a Milk run?

My mage was on a long-distance flight when terrorists tried to hijack it. I instantly leapt into action to be the hero, opening myself to the Astral and ready to hurl spells.
I forgot it was a suborbital flight.
We were at maximum altitude.
My mage slipped gracelessly into a coma and permanently lost a couple points of Willpower.

We have yet to have any truly catastrophic fuck ups, but it's only a matter of time.

Our opening mission involved stealing a crate from a shipping warehouse.
(We could have stolen it from the Yakuza en route to the warehouse, or a Knight Errant Team after it shipped, but the Warehouse was easiest.)

We scoped the place, we got in, hacked the systems, ID'd the crate, and even managed to slip our Infiltrator/Sniper into the warehouse to where the crate was.

Then we realised the crate was actually pretty fucking heavy, our Infiltrator could barely lift it, and our Troll was outside waiting in the van.

While we were arguing about this our Infiltrator got spotted, a firefight broke out, and we ended up with an Attack Helicopter on our asses, our Hacker (me) and Dumb Muscle arrested by the Star, and several high calibre rounds punched through the heavy, but apparently badly armoured crate full of valuable paracritter hides.

Since I'd stowed all my hacking gear and only had my (licensed) sidearm, and a dummy commlink on me, I got off pretty easy. The Dumb Muscle got all of his (unlicensed) weapons taken off him, a massive beating, then another massive beating because he had a forbidden weapon and thought that hiding it UNDER THE NEXT VEHICLE was secure.

Our cut from the run was drastically reduced to cover the damaged goods, and our bail money. It took us a few shitty runs to get off our Fixer's Shit List

Post modern and futuristic hand cannons

>By that logic, Second Skin would not be able to fit with anything.
>Second Skin is Zoe IIRC. CGL just fucked that part up.

Yup. Second Skin stacks with Executive Suite, Nightshade/Moonsilver, and Heritage. You can tell this by the way, after the list of Vashon Island armour, the next header is "ZOÉ", followed by a list of armour, which ends at "ARES VICTORY".

What are some naturally occurring toxins for chemglands? All I can think of is snake venom, which I can't find a price for.

Check Hard Targets for a list. 192-193.

*192-194

how does summoning or creating abominations that defy reality (like a giant crab/tank hybrid monster) work in shadow run 3rd edition?

besides it being a spirit wearing that shape, what are other ways to do it?

I have heard negative things reguarding 5th edition shadowrun. What edition would you recommend for someone new to shadowrun?

5th edition.

Probably 5th.

5th Edition is Best Edition!

5e hands down.

5th Edition. The editing is absolute shit, but once you figure out that most tests are just Attribute + Attribute vs Threshold, you'll be fine.

>how does summoning or creating abominations that defy reality (like a giant crab/tank hybrid monster) work in shadow run 3rd edition?
>besides it being a spirit wearing that shape, what are other ways to do it?

same but for 4th instead of 3rd

>Attribute + Skill
I got you mate.

To add on to what everyone else is saying, with the exception of editing, any complaint you had with 5e is going to be found about the same or worse in some other edition.

So it's all a matter of what thing worries you the most and then choosing the edition that does that least bad.

Like to have easy choice as to metatype? Go back to 1e and hope the dice don't give your sammy a serious allergy to his chrome, guns, and armor.

Want a better explained and imagined Matrix. Go 3e or 4e. But in 3e it's basically its own game, and in 4e its all scripts all the time. And both are slower than in 5e.

I stand corrected! Thank you for your input, I'm excited to play this game

5E is not the best, but it's the edition most people play, and thus are more likely to be able to answer questions about.

Thanks Senpai, you're alright

Don't go to the Stuffer Shack Tomorrow

You aren't exactly "corrected", necessarily, some of the bad things you've heard about 5 may well be true (particularly if you were warned about shoddy editing), but it still probably is the best edition to play if your group isn't heavily entrenched in a previous edition.
Be sure to use Chummer, it'll help counteract some of the editing issues.

Been out of the loop a while, so at what level of Magicrun are we at now? Full-blown fuck-the-muggles-magic-will-always-rule-forever-and-ever or is there a better balance between mundane and magic?

Full blown fuck the muggles.

There's now a drug/reagent that lets mages nullify physical drain.

It's made from adept veins, but it's only 14R so..yeah. CGL is still going on magewankery.

I'm a touch confused on how selecting a class works?
It just has a huge block of stats and things but it tells you how to generate those stats in the chapter previous?

Do you just take that statblock?

"Its cool officer, these Magically Refined Veins of a magical Metaperson? I've got a doctor's note for them"

vs

"OH FUCK HE'S GOT HOLLOW POINT BULLETS IN HIS DERRINGER TAKE HIM DOWN BOYS"

Yep. Basically.

Those are example characters, for when you need a character right now and can't be assed going through the entire chargen chapter.

One thing you may want to do (that reminded me of) is look at older editions for bits of fluff and info.

Too much of 5e (and some of 4e) is written assuming that you already know stuff. Like what ASIST is, as an example.

Not quite. So far the true reagent needed for it is not known. So as far as most of anyone making the laws knows, it's perfectly legal.

But that's very likely to change once the secret gets out. And that will also make it harder to get.

Speaking of older editions, are Explosive and EX-Ex rounds better in 1e-3e, where they're +1/2 to Power, and have Barrier rating fuckery and a possibility to explode, or in 4e-5e, where they're +X to DV, -X to AP?

Why did I ever even expect any better? The magic bias was always clear and at some point, they'll just chuck the normies in the bin or simply relegate them to cheerleader/spectator/npc status

Nothing a bunch of bullets can't solve.

In 1e it doesn't matter too much as the staging attribute of the gun matters a bit more. It's why I've heard light pistols were so scary in 1e.

In 2e, I don't really know much other than staging's gone.

In 3e, it's really useful for the extremes of power. On a low power gun, it might mean that the target doesn't count 2s as successes. On a high power gun, it might make the success number high enough that only a tank has any real chance of making it.

So it really depends on the target's armor set-up because that determines what number they need to roll to start staging down damage code.

Because he gassed us with Neurostun IX last run, and I'd rather that not happen again.

>On a high power gun, it might make the success number high enough that only a tank has any real chance of making it.
>EX-Ex in a Ranger Arms SM-3
>damage code is now 16S

Catsuit.

How big is too big for your female Shadowrunner's tits?

I'm confident they'll release an anti-bullet spell soon enough, and I'm not even joking. We all know where this road leads to.

Depends on what role they're filling.

You mean like Physical Barrier?

One that'll be body-conforming, moves with the mage, makes them immune to bullets and is long-lasting as well as easy to cast.

Yeah. Even in heavy security armor with a helmet, you're going to need to roll a lot of 8s to stage down the damage.

So hopefully they didn't get more than two successes, or you're probably done for.

So either a pact for Immunity to normal weapons, or heavy cheeze on an armor or combat sense spell?

So, how do you build a burnout adept? Moreover, why?

So...body armor?

Looks like it'll be the end of the gentleman's agreement not to spam grenades. And then the end of the game.

Even CGL won't be retarded enough to kill their cash cow. They can't embezzle what they don't get.

>a lot of 8s
My 3rd's rusty, but I thought you had to actually beat or equal the Power to start staging down damage.

Any bigger than twice the size of her head is questionable.

Bullet Immunity: Drain is equal to force, each point of force negates a single bullet. Duration is a number of hours equal to its force

Power - Applicable armor. That heavy setup has 8 points of ballistic armor, so you 'only' need to roll a pair of eight or betters on your modified Body+applied Combat Pool of d6es to stage it down.

Granted, for that thing it's better to try putting lots of your combat pool into dodging because that's going to be a lower target number on the dice, so it helps stage down faster. On the flip side, you also usually have no base dice there, so.

Huge tits are great for smuggling stuff. Especially binary explosives.

In 5e the only reason is if in game you suffered damage that cost essence to fix. Otherwise there is no reason other than fluff.

Depends on metavariant and role, Keep in mind your average shadowrunner is probably gonna wrap them up while on the job and wear a good bra otherwise. All my female runners spring for nice underwear so they can be comfortable.
A troll or something you could go as big or bigger than a watermelon, Elves you wont wanna go much more than an apple.

Considering the availability, ease, and how innocuous Sixth World cosmetic surgery is, I can handwave almost anything and I expect any sensible GM to do so too.

That's honestly kind of useless, given that even a long burst or short FA tosses out six bullets.

I'm going to be a contrarian fuccboi and recommend 3rd Edition. 3e remembered it was the future 80s

Type-0
Biocompatability Bioware
Burnout Bioware
All standard = Delta
-20% ess cost
boom, Burnout.

Hey ya'll, just curious but does the Drake quality not add an extra point of MAG if you are already a mage/adept/whatever?

Huge tits are insanely impractical for most shadow runners to have.
They do a lot of running, Its in the job description, And huge tits will knock you out or fuck up your back or just generally get in the way.
Get that adept power that lets you sculpt your body and make em bigger or smaller at will.

Got drafted to 4e.
Never played 4e before, Am very used to 5e.
I want to be the king of the rhumba beatandbythatImeanuseexplosives, what shit should I pay attention to?

Dynamic tit-growth is one area in which ware matches magic in terms of power, actually!

>"OH FUCK HE'S GOT HOLLOW POINT BULLETS IN HIS DERRINGER TAKE HIM DOWN BOYS"
Not really. Illegal bullets is something they find after the fact, and add to the list of charges. Unless you left the wireless for the bullets on. Then the first patrol flips you.

>The adept community fnds the rise in demand for their body parts for alchemical experimentation abhorrent. They actively seek out those who would use such things for their own particular brand of revenge

Unless a game goes full on FATAL and has mechanics that measure and penalize characters for breast size then it should have no impact aside from in-character narrative fluff.

Sure, but if they're Corruption of Champions big, they're not gonna be practical to take on a run.

Make an adept, Go 6 points into Demolitions, Then get Improved Skill: Demolitions x6 and pump up LOG
If done right you should have 20-22 Demolitions dice, You can take brand loyalty and use Commercial Explosives.

This is as close to Cuban Pete as you'll probably get. Get LOG boosting 'ware if it its more effecient than a point of magic. I don't actually remember what they are called to check right now.

Yeah. But it's not quite known that Drain Away is the specific compound that's needing Adept Veins.

Just that some really dark dreckheads are using bits of Adept for things. That getting out into more meaningful hands will probably raise it from the baseline of 14R.

The DM should be adequately punishing you for having beachballs strapped to your chest while trying to fire a gun or swing a sword.
And good luck getting properly fitted armor.

I'll defend big anime tiddies until the GM starts invoking penalties. And by then I'm probably quitting the game due to GM faggotry. If the buxom lass is a liability to the team then the troll and ork aren't coming either because they might trip over their massive dicks when it comes time to run escape the scene of the crime.

But huge breasts IRL actually cause serious issues and are generally annoying user.
A big dick is at worst just making it hard to get laid.

Ware is much more effective at granting bonuses to agility and strength, both of which can be easily fit in 1 ESS if you have cash.

If you mean full burnout instead of just a bit of ware, cyborgs are cool. Just slap a bunch of chrome onto your adept.

I'll meet you half way on this. Large tits fall under the Adiposis negative quality.

This is true for any setting, the absolute most you're going to see on a woman before things get stupid is pic related.

If your dick is big enough to trip over and you decided to describe that to the group, I'm going to have you roll to not trip over that shit when running for your life while under fire.

Asking me to do anything else is asking me to be unfaithful to the fiction you established.

Shit man, I wouldn't even be mad. It'd give me something to green text about in /srg/ if nothing else.

>Unless a game goes full on FATAL and has mechanics that measure and penalize characters for breast size then it should have no impact aside from in-character narrative fluff

Any character that insists on having large breasts are also going to be expected to provide reasons they can operate without the girls getting in the way. It could be as simple as chest bindings or as complex as some freaky detachable-tits (these are my "working girl", these are my "fun bags", etc) but opening Pandora's Box means the player is now required to close it.

Oh my god why am I actually getting interested in figuring out the cost of detachable tits.

Cereberal Booster R2 gets you an extra point at the cost of a MAG, Add Genetic Optimization for LOG and you'll get 3 for the price of one.
If your DM lets you start with more than 25 karma of qualities you can get exceptional attribute LOG too, Otherwise either pop the +3 LOG drug or consider attribute boost. With enough effort you'll be able to roll 25ish dice with your explosives, Enough to theoretically deal like 30dv with your explosives or something.

Even that is seriously pushing it for a Shadowrunner user, Big tits are a fucking annoyance. There's a reason breast reduction surgery is a thing.
Bigdickproblems
I gotta agree that if you are describing your tits as that huge you damn well better believe you're gonna get penalties for some actions. It ain't fatal, its roleplaying.
Also I think theres a bodyware that would cover detactable tits but I cant remember its name.

>Even that is seriously pushing it for a Shadowrunner user

Agreed, I was just using that pic as an example of the universal maximum you could go before any character will just look stupid.

I'll never understand people's thought processes on how bigger is better means the tits gotta be as big as their body.

>Any character that insists on having large breasts are also going to be expected to provide reasons they can operate without the girls getting in the way.

Why does the idea of large breasts not getting in the way, out of all the hundreds of ridiculous things in Shadowrun (both in-universe and game mechanics-wise) break suspension of disbelief?

Is that Larkin Love?

Just do like comic book and spy heroines and cram 'em into a partially-zipped catsuit.

Because huge knockers is something people deal with in the real world, it's something we see and for some of us deal with on a daily basis. We don't have magic or cybernetics (yet), but we do know what tits like do to a woman trying to be all high-intensity athletics and the results aren't pretty.

Verisimilitude is the word we're looking for here. Megacorporations and dragons are fantastical and thus don't trigger our, "hey, that don't real" brain bits, but big fat tits slapped on a Street Samurai who's expected to do a lot of legwork? That's going to confuzzle folk.

>Tfw your funbags are so huge your fullbody suit doesn't actually fit properly
>tfw you get shot in the chest

Seeing as we're on lewd but serious topics, can you fuck a spirit? Would you?

And one can't use their imagination to put huge breasts in the same category as dragons and magic?

Some of them probably, Probably not.
Do keep in mind that a lot of the people here actually have no idea about breasts in a real sense and think Hitomi J-Cup could jog a mile just fine without getting knocked unconcious or breaking her back.

A Shadowrunner that can't zip up her catsuit due to the size of her tits needs to do a better job stuffing her tits in there.

Besides, it makes her unzipping the catsuit to seduce or put the moves on a fellow chummer is way hotter than them always being out.

Not if they have autism.

>And one can't use their imagination to put huge breasts in the same category as dragons and magic?

Well, no. Because huge tits exist and are fairly common in the real world.

This reminds me of the time in this thread I was asking what a good reward would be for a spirit to offer the party if they chased down her absentee boyfriend for her.

The thread decided the appropriate reward would be asking for sexual favors.

Which led to a humorous exchange about whoever asked for that now has a dependent quality that if they do not follow through on, will result in an angry lady spirit showing up mid stealth run and demanding you deal with her needs.

>Tfw the street sam is staying over at your place recovering from gunshot wounds and unwraps her chest and it turns out shes got huge breasts
>Now shes sleeping topless on your couch
>Tfw you're just a beta decker so you don't say anything

Well, she can. A mile is an incredibly short distance, even for a J-cup or obese man.

Slight problem. It's street scum.

I forgot where I was for a moment. Thank you for the reminder.

Thanks user, you're triggering my memories of a tomboy friend that used to do this.

There's a difference between literally ignoring something obvious, and accepting an internally-consistent fictional element that has no obvious and immediate impossibilities to it.

"My character falls through the floor for no particular reason" is not the same as "My character falls through the floor by casting a spell of etherealness on himself."
Both are fiction, one is believable and the other is not.

Furthermore, deep down you knew that already back when you wrote your post.

>not bagging the tomboy
I should behead you for not grasping this golden and rare opportunity.

>Implying I didn't

Sorry Veeky Forums, on Veeky Forums a mile is some kind of unbreakable barrier.