Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (Pathfinder & Starfinder, formerly /pfg/)

How often does your character wash their clothes? Do they have multiple outfits?

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How often does your character wash
Every chance they get
>How many outfits
Depends on the character, but three at a minimum, up to closer to a dozen on the high end (traveling with more than that just isn't worth the space.)

>How often does your character wash their clothes?
She washes after every fight, or whenever it gets dirty. 1k gp for an item of at-will prestidigitation is worth never being dirty.

>Do they have multiple outfits?
At home, yes. On the road, she only carries one spare.

>How often does your character wash their clothes?
at least twice a day. typically a cold shower in the morning, then a hot bath at night.

>Do they have multiple outfits?
one of their bags of holding is practically a portable wardrobe. cold weather gear, hot weather clothes, vacation clothes, high society clothes, stake-out clothes, festive clothes, mourning clothes, relaxation clothes...and then there's adventuring clothes and armor.

Continuing fromLets randomly make some Gods!

Go here
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains
And look at the Paizo domains

Now, roll 4d37 in the options field. This will determine your 4 domains. If you get repeating digits or incompatable domains (Like Good+Evil, or Law+Chaos) you may reroll.

Alternatively, you may roll 6d37, and use the latter two options to replace any conflicting or repeated rolls, but that's entirely up to you

Now, with just this, start comingup with ideas for a deity to fit those domains and go nuts. You'll come up with your own alignment, portfolio, favored weapon, clergy, and everything else. If you wihs you may choose to assume either Golarion setting, or make them setting agnostic. If you get stuck with the specifics yo can ask for help, or not, its up to you.

Also,if you wish to repost your previously made Gods and Goddesses here, or even go more in depth on them, then feel free to do so as well. I myself will repost the God I rolled and made into this thread as well

(You)
(You)
Callote, The Miragemonger
>Alignment: NE
>Portfolio: Mirages, Magicians, Mountebanks
>Domains: Fire, Healing, Magic, Trickery
>Subdomains: Alchemy, Deception, Greed, Medicine, Smoke
>Favored Weapon: Sling
>Favored Colors: Maroon and White
>Favored Animal: Chameleon
>Holy Symbol: A vial filled with smoke

Calote may be a minor God, but his name is always the first on the tongue of snake-oil peddlers, false street magicians, and other people who live off of deceiving others for personal gain. He is the patron of those who bamboozle gullible fools into buying faulty curatives, or who use their own skills as a smokescreen to blind others. All manner of fake miracle worker prays for aid and blessing from the Miragemoger for skill at gulling and luck in profits. To Calote, the world is a playground filled with fools and idiots whose minds are filled with smoke, so its no skin off his teeth to take advantage of such fools, and better yet to trick them into believing they were helped so the ignorant saps may return to be milked more and more for profit and laughs. Callote's followers share in his mindset, and will use whatever means they have at their disposal to keep raking in the cash and praise from the smoke-eyed sheep around them.

Callote has no official church, nor does he possess any holy texts, and those that worship him either are solitary, or form small congregations often consisting of members of the same merchant/hustler family, circus troupe, or similar. Clerics of Callote will often masquerade as followers of other gods in order to scam fools out of tithes with false or temporary blessings and miracles. Spellcasters and magicians who worship Callote often favor spells that make use of illusions, temporary and removable buffs, and commonly will use smoke and pyrotechnics to distract their enemies and victims alike.

>Earth, Destruction, Death, Weather

Ururu is the Chained God. He is trapped within the earth, an unkillable monster-god that is bound underground. He struggles agaisnt his bondage, and those who pray to him do so only to calm him and grant him restful and peaceful dreams.

Because when he does not dream, when he remembers where he is and why he is bound, he struggles, and he draws breath to scream. The drawing of his breath creates tornadoes, and his yells erupt into hurricanes. His struggles agaisnt the entrapping earth creates earthquakes and cause volcanoes to erupt.

He is a tragic, damned thing, a god cursed never to be free, for his freedom would result in a swath of death and destruction, unending torrents of rain and constant and repetitive earthquakes as he walks the earth. Magma and tornadoes would storm in his wake.

Ururu is the God of Kaiju, and fear his waking moments, for his children will flock to him and the world will be rent asunder in their joyous games.

>Reposting from deleted thread

Callote rarely reveals himself before mortals, often prefering to take the form of an inocuous peddlar or grifter, though often his own flamboyant behavior will sell him out as someone who's not a common charlatan. When he does reveal himself he often takes the form of a masked figure wreathed in billowing smoke and heat, with hil sleeved arms lined with dozens of pristine flasks and vials filled with all manner of liquids. While he is most often found traveling the planes in order to trick would-be travelers, his home where he resides and stores his vast collection of ill gotten gains is the Chateau de Fume, a giant mansion of solid smoke which stradles the space between the Elemental Plane of Fire and the Plane of Shadows. Many would-be adventurers have attmepted to raid this estate in the past, though nearly all of them have fallen pray to all maner of traps, both magical and mundane, as well to their own greed, as the smoke of the mansion will shape itself to the desires of those who enter, leading them to awful traps and imprisoning them in an unending cage of their own unsatiated want.

Whentoo lazy to decieve people himself, Callote will often send his herald in his stead, The Smoldering Duchess. This divinely empowered Efreet was once eftreeti royalty, before she entered into a foolish bargain with the Miragemonger and inadverdently sold herself into servitude to him for a while. Though she has long since fulfilled her indenture, she has chosen to stay and serve the Callote as his closest servant and herald, having learned to take pleasure from the thrill of deceiving and goading mortals into foolish bargains, and now serves as Callotes herald and closest companion.

So he's essentially Rovagug?

Recruiting:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/79068/journey-to-the-west
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78876/depths-of-darkess-a-pathfinder-adventure

>tfw shields are shit
>tfw they don't let you make a fort save in place of a reflex for area damage effects
>tfw there isn't a feat to extend a 15 ft. cone behind you to protect your qt mage gf
>tfw all they can do is bashing with TWF and even that takes up a shit ton of feats
>tfw they don't have an option to do PoW style counters

>StarToad's game gets skipped again
Cracks me up every goddamn time.

What about 3pp domains?

This is the reason I default to Zweihander Sentinel when I make a defensive knight dude. I love shields and I just want them to be usable. God damn it.

Too lazy to comb through all of them and find the good ones. For now, jut stick to 1pp to make things easier

I'd be genuinely amazed if anyone who's seen him talk about pathfinder would even consider joining his game.

What's your favorite class/archetype to play and why?

Mine is Merciful Healer!

I like helping people!

Hope you know that RAW you have to be True Neutral, since to be an alignment other than TN they need the corresponding alignment's Domain.

Well I guess he can either have 5 Domains then, or just replace Fire with Evil

Occultist

Kineticist (but only with third-party)

My favorite class has to be Hunter. I love the way it interacts with things, I love having a pet

My favorite archetype is less clear. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I really love the Devil Binder summoner archetype; it absolutely cripples the summoner's combat ability, but it just has so much damn style.

In theory:
>Kineticist
>Medium (Spirit Dancer)
>Vigilante

In Practice:
>Unchained Rogue/Rogue (properly archetyped)
>Occultist
>Bard

Why does nobody sign up to /pfg/ games with drow?

because drow are gay

I love mobile fighters, so Monk and Swashbuckler are typically my go-to.

It helps that our games don't tend to have much magic.

I've never signed up to a /pfg/ game yet and honestly, I don't think people would be down with how I'd play drow.

Exactly, so: why does nobody from /pfg/ sign up?

ARGENTUUUM.

because you're gay and touch yourself at night

Because Drowanon lurks in the shadows. As soon as a drow appears, he'll PM them

Tend to not fit appropriately for most games/settings/campaigns

Pretty much this. The only drow character I've played was in Iron Gods, and they spent most of that campaign masked, in armor, avoiding the front lines.

I think Cavaliers are really fun and cool. I also enjoy Oracles but mostly because of the flavor the curses provide.

Dubs demand I ask what he did?

Did it turn out that JttW was a ruse cruise?

Barbarian. I unironically like playing a basic bitch bruiser with a big-ass sword.

Check Ensoulment.

Wrong meme game.

"Joke apps" are a plague

How does Paizo Psionics stack up against DSP in terms of fun and usability?

It's shit. It's basically usual spontaneous casting but with a slightly different spell list.

I was making some warhammer lego in another thread and decided to make the starfinder iconics. Enjoy. Or don't I guess.

Nice!

Really cool. They have some kind of lego thing for Destiny as well. I am considering getting it because I couldn't get any of the pre-order swag

Big titty witches

If you want reactions, you should post the level 8 ability.

>mfw Nyarlathotep is now a core deity in Starfinder

It's gonna get weird.

How many children can a tiefling produce supposing that she's 68 years old and she looks like she's still in her 20?

What is this from?

Legacy of the First World

Okay, after some quick research, human women usually hit puberty at 11 and menopause at 51. So that's 40 years, 480 months, where an average human can have children. Tieflings have an absolute maximum age of 850, as opposed to human 110, so let's say that they take ~7.5 times as long to age as humans. Tiefling adulthood is 60 as opposed to human's 15 in Pathfinder, so let's say they take 4 times as long to mature.

So if we accept these assumptions, the average tiefling woman hits puberty at 44 and menopause at 382 and a half. That gives us 4,062 months where this tiefling can get pregnant. Assuming the same monthly cycle of fertility and the same nine-month pregnancy, that gives us ~440 children under ideal conditions, closer to 400 maximum.

If you meant how many children your tiefling could already have had, she'd have been capable of having children for 24 years, or 96 months, so probably around 10, maximum. If you mean how many more she could theoretically have, ~390-430 depending on how obsessively she times this shit.

Whoops, I fucked that up, 24 years is 288 months, so that's like 28-30 kids. But that also assumes you're a-okay with her getting knocked up right from the moment she officially becomes a teenager, which I really hope you aren't. She's been an adult for 8 years, which actually is 96 months, so the non-creepy answer works out to the same for the first question, 10 kids up until now, and up to 370-410 more until menopause.

>But that also assumes you're a-okay with her getting knocked up right from the moment she officially becomes a teenager, which I really hope you aren't.

Don't people get viciously slaughtered every day in Pathfinder? I feel like this bit is small potatoes, especially if she's a highly advanced demonperson anyway.

Well, yes, but people tend to be more comfortable with violence than kiddy rape in their games, plus historically speaking child marriage and pregnancy wasn't actually as common as rumor has it in the areas Pathfinder draws inspiration from. There's Qadira and other desert shitholes, I guess, but most civilized nations won't let that fly, generally speaking.

How old would she be assuming that they waited for her to be her equivalent of 13 years?

That's a fair point. Even if there's love, wait for your waifu.
And if she grows up and dumps your crazy ass, fuck, I guess you should've found an older waifu, huh?

No exact idea, but tieflings hit adulthood in 4 times the time humans need, so I was assuming that until they stopped growing they grew up 4 times as slowly in general. So, 52, I guess. 16 years, 12 months a year, 192 months, ~21 kids under optimal conditions or more realistically 19. Again, I still advise and urge against actually applying these calculations to a game.

Shit, fucking tieflings. Leave one fertile female with a partner long enough and she produces a whole clan/tribe of people all by herself. She can field an army from her breeches.

Do people actually RP in this game? A lot of places I look its always discussions about racing to get x gold to get x magic item and munchkin x build. Wtf? Why not play a video game or something?

Very slowly, yeah, but assuming that all human races are roughly the same as humans reproduction-wise, the same's true of any planetouched or other long-lived race like elves, dwarves, or whatever. Humans have an advantage in that their own kids grow up and start breeding faster.

Tiefling Kid 1 takes 60 years to start producing babies (hopefully), and so do all her hundreds of kids. Meanwhile, a human can get 4 generations of kids by the time the tiefling's first generation is ready to reproduce. Even if you make the tieflings or whatever breed early, the humans will breed earlier at a proportionate rate too.

Not like aasimar are any better. I mean, Sleep's rocking one and that horndog is hitting on a woman who looks and acts like a grandma.

Pres
ti
di
gi
ta
tion

Yes they do. We just talk mechanics because, well, you can RP in any fucking system you want, but Pathfinder's mechanics can only be discussed in a Pathfinder thread.

Here's your (You). On the off chance you're actually serious, yes, plenty of people RP but you can't come up with objective metrics for RP the way you can count gold or stats or whatever so the latter gets discussed more online.

Stay here long enough and you'll wish people stopped taking about their roleplaying.

Is anyone else even waiting to apply to Ensoulment?
Also
>Isao gone
hahaha wew

I'm waiting to reapply.

I have my app complete. I'm waiting on posting it though, in case more setting details prompt a rewrite and to confirm my own schedule.

People complained when we talked about everything we roleplayed.

Should I only allow a SoP-only game (no other 3PP, not even the base paizo material and associated class conversions, such as Sphere Wizard)?

Most of my players agreed to try out a PoW only game but they got bored fast, like within 6 sessions, for some reason (I was away for that campaign for my finals). They said SoP should have less of that issue.

Sounds cuhrazy but your players probably know this better than us.

5 bucks that there're two Ensoulment groups, and group 2 is filled with memesters.

>memesters

W-who's a memester?

Is ironfang still not announced? I'm waiting for DHb to by btfo.

Can you enchant a shield to be both a +1 (weapon) flaming shield and a +1 (armor) bashing shield?

yea

No but you can enchant the shield spikes on the shield to be one a weapon, but those enchant costs are different to the shield armor one.

Like this?

>implying it wasn't a bamboozle
All games running that AP are cursed

How would you reflavor your magical realm /pgg/lets?

>595kb paragraph of text

Jesus christ.

I'm waiting to hear back on Ironfang. I also am just finishing up some deets. I highly suspect that my app won't get into the game but since he added the little "They'll still be present in the world." thing I will apply anyways since I think they'd be a fun side character for whoever the main group ends up being.

>png
It's a phoneposter.

You know, this makes me wonder how long-lived races treat their children. I mean, you can theoretically have hundred of them over decades. In no time, you get tens of thousands of grand-children. Obviously, the typical family pack cant sustain itself with such numbers.

Well, technically a human woman can have like 48 children but in almost all cases, they don't. Largely because they couldn't afford that. So each family member, assuming they're at least moderately rational, intelligent people, only has as many children as they support.

Actually, tell me about Spheres of Power.
I didn't really have a chance to look at it yet.

You love every last one of them.

You just... you know... can't remember which is which.

I'm checking people's availability right now. You should have received a PM if you are on the short list. Some of them have replied to me that they are occupied though

Light Blindness sucks ass

What's the most Punk region of Golarion to hail from?

>Told my DM about a stupid joke character idea, not even being serious
>"You gave me a great idea, I might use this"

What should be the consequences for play off a daughter (not yours) and the mother?

Okay Veeky Forums, I need for advice for an upcoming game.
A long time ago, our group was TPK'd by Mokmurian (a stone giant wizard 14). His notable spells are solid fog, wall of force, some save-or-die spells (flesh to stone, baleful polymorph, disintegrate), reverse gravity and limited wish.
We're going to have a rematch against this motherfucker with new characters (level 11). The question, obviously, is how do we beat him. I don't want to build my character specifically to screw him. I made an archaeologist bard 6 / swashbuckler 5 with very high melee attack and damage, and some nice utility spells. What magic items and tactics should I use to avoid getting disintegrated or spending the fight in the solid fog ?
The rest of the party is an inquisitor, a rogue and a gunslinger. I might consider dropping a level of swashbuckler in favor of bard 7 in order to get level 3 spells (namely haste).

>swashbuckler
>fighting a wizard without a dedicated spellcaster

I wouldn't be asking for advice otherwise

Hm, I'd say to go full bard. Both you and the inquisitor should grab Dispel Magic, and spam it when Wall of Force or Solid Fog are thrown around, then let the gunslinger and rogue DPR it down, probably buffing them up before the fight begins.

so I'm trying to convert some old 3.5 characters to PF. what's the closest thing pathfinder has to the Malconvoker?

The heck did a malconvoker do?

basically it was a prestige that let you summon evil creatures as a non-evil guy, with free buffs if you could pass a bluff check against them, plus it gave buffs to planar binding devils and demons and whatnot.

Don't forget the fact that you get an ADDITIONAL FREE SUMMONED MONSTER for each summoning. Having played one, I can't begin to tell you how huge this is.