/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Minotaur and Spectre
Walk in, maze-ify the place, take the shinies, and walk out.

Alright, think I've put the final touches on this for now. Rebalanced the drawbacks a little and integrated the expansion into the main CYOA.

Any feedback or builds would be appreciated! I'll probably work on the Grand Joust and Elf War DLC at some point next weekend.

>add waifus to my cyoa
>don't make them unconditionally love user
>secretly give them a netorare fetish

What are the top 10 cyoa betrayals?

>secretly
If it's not on page it's not in play.

>Spectre
>Merrow

Going to make myself as hard to find as possible.

I think Spectre might be a little too strong given the scenario, unless the UNPSTF has ways of tracking them despite their power.

Spectre is nightmare fuel. Terrible idea to pick it.

what if it is in text near-impossible to see?

>Booming Drake
It seems pretty cool, and is the closest to a Dragon I can get without having to deal with too many negatives like the Hydra.

>Strong Bond
Becoming closer with the animal who I share a link with is only natural. I use it to enhance my attack, and then the Drake gets enhanced intelligence. Using its extreme speed, we can make numerous rapid aerial assaults that pack quite the punch.

>Military
It seems like a comfortable position, and our abilities should allow us to excel in such a role. Maybe I could get something strong like a lance that would make my aerial charges even stronger.

>Lucy Harpford
I believe her when she says we are destined for great things.

>The Dragonrider
In truth, I wanted to bond with a dragon. This gives me a chance, no matter how small, to learn how to do so. I can only hope my combat style will allow me to fight the dragon using clever tactics, or at least let me assault his rider and hopefully deal with him and leave the Dragon dazed. Though what I really want is to learn how to bind a dragon, and I will do whatever it takes to achieve it.

How so?

Alright suit yourself.

Doesnt' count. If I could claim that the period at the end of a sentence is actually a really detailed and thorough drawback to your perk/choice/boon only in a very very small text form, it's more of an asspull and doesn't make it any fun.

It's a form of contract entrapment and would not hold up in a court of law.

Silly human thinks human concepts of Law apply to cyoas.

No one will ever remember you. You will never have friends, lovers, family, etc.

>Rules Lawyer
>Human
Pick one and only one.

I don't know, at least you'll be safe. With the rest, you might have friends but you'll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder in fear of lobotomy squads because your friend took a picture of you and commented on your weird hair.

>tfw you realize the majority of cyoas turn you into a multidynamic hyperChaddish cucking machine

I'm sorry, bros. I'm not doing it on purpose. I swear.

>Chimera
>Mutation
>Other

I'm going to be the ultimate bodyguard; between my mounts senses and my own (further amplified by the mutation) as well as our raw power, we should command high prices even if I am a scaly/furry freak.

>Gallardio
Needs a good guard and guide and has the gold to make it worth my while.

>War of the Elves
Once Gallardio has finished his tour I'll sign up with the Elves; not sure what side yet though, I'll have to see what each side offers first. I should be good on attack or defensive with my perceptive prowess and attack power.

What you need is some /comfy/ fellow robot

Didn't finish page2 today, or the resource system, but I don't really know what to write in weapons sections. Aside from stating the obvious.

As for resource, assume you have 800 points total pool for 5 girls. Scout hull/weapons is 5, Light is 10, Med 20, Heavy 30, S.Hvy 40, Dread 60,

Not sure if its balanced at all, so I'll appreciate feedback

>Quiet lying about having answers to his cyoa's mysteries

That can work as a mystery box which have a waifu and in her description it's mentioned that unlike others she is not into ntr

> I posted a big ass thing and then realized the thread was at bump limit afterwards.

fuk
---

See

>everything is waifus

Will there be an immortality option? Otherwise why would anyone want to lose decades of their lives and be an old man?

Also terribly organized. I have no idea what's going on or what I'm choosing.

Vampire and Spectre
Isn't Spectre a bit OP?

What's there to misunderstand? You choose your character's background, then choose the backgound of girls. 2nd page is equipment for girls.

But if you can improve it, I'm listening.

>I have no idea what's going on
There's your problem.You shouldn't be thinking. It's just a waifu cyoa. The lowest of the low. Look at it, maybe pick something, fap to it, and throw it aside. It will be forgotten within days of being made. It's not worth spending any real attention on.

The actual rules are hidden within blocks of flavour text, a ~ alone isn't enough mark them. Recolor the rules text or do something else make it stand out, you should be able to tell at glance where the rules are.

It's Fujoshit! (Seriously, I had a hearty kek.)

I do not like you.

Nor you really,.

#
Droll. But useful civilizations.

And you are not playing a fantasy setting anymore.

>Monstergirls are not a fantasy setting

>expecting namefags and attention whores to make sense

cmon user

> Being beaten by your wife

Literally worse than cuck fags.

"War God"
.\Celestial
Major
\Wisdom
.|Order
.|Defense
..\Offense
Minor
\Cunning
..\Justice

(Good influence, no hope of survival long term aginst the above.)
"Fertility"
\Celestial
Major
\Fertility
.|Love
.|Death
..\Nature
Minor
\Beauty
..\Debauchery

"The Lady of Farms"
.\Celestial
Major
\Love
.|The Sun
.|Agriculture
..\Weather
Minor
\The Moon
..\Flowers

Also, their is a lot behind good design. A good cyoa willl naturally draw the eyes of the read to where they need to be.

>ZBG STILL hasn't said who he collaborates with!

he has

try not to encourage that shit user, these threads could use a little less talking about tripfags

I don't know how to do that. Even this simple design takes me hours to write and make

What's your favourite kind of magic in a cyoa and why is ice magic so comfy?

Water magic and earth magic tend to be a good mix of comfort, power and utility in CYOAs

I just came up with a really cool concept. The entire world is brought into a new magical realm but it happens in phases. Those in the first phase get 100 points to spend, those in the second get 50 points to spend, those in the third get 25 points to spend, those in the fourth get 5 points to spend, and finally the fifth and last ones get 1 point to spend. Each phase or wave contains more people than the last.

Isn't this clever? How do I make it clevererer?

"The Child of Inspiration"
Terrestrial

-The Moon
-Entertainment
-Creativity
-Craft
-Trade
-Beauty

No one knows who sired the child of inspiration, nor what pantheon he might have belonged to. What is known is that he holds contempt for gods that try to dictate passions to others. Appearing as a cat wearing whicker hat, a green vest, and two boots the Child of Inspiration walks and speaks as a human would. Throughout the world he wanders, lighting the fires of inspiration in the creatives of the world. For reasons unknown though, he never touches those who have great faith in other gods. Instead he saves his blessings for those that dedicate themselves to their fellow man. For this reason, many gods (especially celestials) find his existence unnerving, but no one so far has been able to slay him. Any attempts merely result in him splattering like wet paint, only for him to pop up somewhere else.

Each phase has different spells to pick, those coming later get more 'refined' versions.

Unless your plan is to just have anons come in first wave so that they can lord over the later scrubs.

Make it so being in earlier waves comes with downsides (wild monsters, demonic forces, whatever)

Atleast he gets to eat hospital food instead of living in a shed.

I was thinking that earlier waves are more dangerous than later waves. The first wave might only consist out of dozen people and although they have godly powers, they are foreign and dangerous to an existing magical realm.

>Water magic
My nigga

Spatial. It's all about the teleports and pocket dimensions, man.

Is that user who was making the gallery with the VERY angry plant a few days ago here? How is the progress?

He must've pulled a fast one on us. I tell ya, don't respond to a genie gallery not by beri!

Plant/nature/earth magic. Too bad it's usually underpowered and not really useful in modern or urban life so i gotta pick something op like mind or teleportation.

This.

Don't want to fight?
>teleport away
Want someone dead?
>teleport them into a volcano
They can't be teleported?
>teleport the lava directly on top of them
Want a big screen TV?
>teleport it to your pocked dimension without anyone noticing
Want a tropical vacation?
>teleport to the beach next to the volcano you teleported that asshole in

>Nature/earth magic is underpowered
>You can get all the precious metals and gems you could ever want
>Construction companies love you
>Can create plant waifus
>Farmers love you
>If you really wanted you could make a giant tree your house
>If you are pissed off you can destroy cities with earthquakes/Overwhelm them with plants and vines

Literally you

This is one of my favorite cyoas, there are just so many interesting combinations.

Aetherial:
Death, Order
Justice, Beauty, Creativity

I would have really liked Wisdom or Defense, but it is not worth taking Celestial for and I feel like combining Death and Order is more important, otherwise there would probably be a constant power struggle, like in the Holy Roman Empire, between various popes and emperors.

My country is a constitutional monarchy, with the king or queen also being the head of my church. There is a strong empathise on honesty and personal choice, while entitlement. It is believed that rigtheous people are reincarnated into more beautiful bodys, because of that people who are proud of their looks would not be seen as vain. It is also believed that you will meet the people you made very strong connections with in a previous life in the new one. (I am not really a fan of heaven/paradise, because no matter how great it would have to get boring at some point, unless you take the peoples free will to make them always happy) I will only intervene in politics if absolutely necessary, instead I'll be spending most of my time as a sort of muse to artists.

I meant to say entitlment is looked down upon, seems like I accidentally deleted that

A uniform size to the images would be the first place I'd start. It would make it look neater and more organised, lending to greater readability.

Been looking forward to this one since you first discussed the idea many /cyoag/s ago, keep up the good work!

In case someone was wondering what and are talking about, here's a link:

Should we make a rule not to do these things if you're illiterate and can't finish it in one day?

My favorite kind of magic IS magic.

Why limit yourself chumass

>You will never know if spare parts turned you in to a loli hivemind

In a modern setting you need to keep a low profile usually and if you go all out helping farmers and construction companies you sure will have all the governments and secret organisations hunting you down to experiment or use to do their bidding and you don't really got many powers to defend yourself. In a fantasy setting it's okay, but still gona be outperformed by many of the other magic schools.

Me nigga. Seriously, he's said it like 5 times.

>you don't really got many powers to defend yourself
>Impale everything with earth spires
>Create a army of golems
>Create a brand new disease
>Turn armies in to shreds with thorny vines
>Turn a mountain in to your very own fortress

Is it possible for other people to ride my Booming Drake, or would it end up killing them since they don't have my Bond power?

Also, if I take Nothing But The Bond, am I able to raise one of my Medium stats to X-High, or does it need to start as High?

Lastly, a combo question - if I upgrade a creature's speed to X-High, will riding it kill me because it doesn't have that adaptive bond ability?

>Doesn't say who he is or what he made.

That's part of the mystery.

>Is it possible for other people to ride my Booming Drake, or would it end up killing them since they don't have my Bond power?
Other people could ride the Drake, but it's top speed would be too much for normal people, who would either get torn off or have their eardrums rupture or something. There are plenty of people with powers in some shape or form out there that would let them survive though, its a big, magic world; out of the companions listed Grasken and Grail could probably handle it.

>Also, if I take Nothing But The Bond, am I able to raise one of my Medium stats to X-High, or does it need to start as High?
A stat needs to be High to raise to X-High, but that does include the stats you've already raised from Mid; so you could end up with an X-High Power Leechwolf for example.

>Lastly, a combo question - if I upgrade a creature's speed to X-High, will riding it kill me because it doesn't have that adaptive bond ability?
Hmm. I'm going to say no; part of the danger of the Booming Drake is the sonic booms, not just the speed. It'd require a practice though, but you're a hermit, you have plenty of time

Ashen Tiger

You and I Against the World
(Power: High, Tough: High, Speed: X-High, Int: High)

Courier
No Companions
The Grand Joust

I've got a reputation as someone who can get anything you want delivered anywhere you want. It's not true, of course - my buddy can only swim so far and there's some mountains too steep to leap up. But otherwise we've yet to fail.

On one of our trips, we found out about King Archibald's latest tournament. Not normally the kind of thing we're a part of, but something about it sounds like a good time. Maybe we'll win, and maybe we'll just see how good the two of us are, and how much we have to improve. I don't even know what I'd ask for if I won - I've got everything I need on the open road. Maybe I'll just ask for a really good meal - we could always use another one of those.

This is fucking sweet.

Just a shame there's not more of it, seems like there could have been more than 4 events for instance.

Booming Drake is seeming to be quite popular...

I'll take a Drake with Strong Bond (strength boost), perfect for doing Courier work moving small things fast or heavy things at a more reasonable speed.

Going to get roped into the Elf War with Ryanne. Should be plenty of use for a flying scout, and dropping a large rock at supersonic speed would be pretty destructive if I need to fight directly.

Well, back to the drawing board. I had a fun idea for a Booming Drake Military build with Lucy riding sidesaddle. Drop an angry ball of fuck you on targets, then jet off while it has a snack and repeat until done.

It's the only critter with an X-High that doesn't require you to live innawoods without the possibility of elf waifus. Plus its X-High is speed, which means it's perfect for Couriers.

>seems like there could have been more than 4 events for instance

Perhaps I'll add more in the future. I'm working on 2 bits of DLC now though, a short one detailing the Grand Joust that'll net you another companion and some rewards, and a longer Elf War one with missions, more companions and further rewards depending on which side you help win.

You could still do that, but yeah you wouldn't be able to hit max speed with Lucy aboard.

Good builds! And yes, Booming Drake seems more popular than I expected.

It's me. Dio

I can't give them uniform width, because the girls are all different and I need to show machine parts too.

I mean, if I cut away B-2's wings, nobody would see it as B-2 girl.

You're a poop.

Because wise old grandfather commander is kinda a thing in military stories, I think.

The middle aged option is closer to daughteru squad option

How the hell did you guys guess what I look like?

Going to assume you can milk a Cockatrice for it's venom and store it for later use.

Hunter and Gideon, for taking down dangerous prey with venomous arrows.

Cally and War of the Elves (winter) - I'm sure I can help out by providing venom for their (probably superior to me) archers and not have to expose my Cockatrice to any big dangers.

Sometimes it's impossible to specialize in multiple forms of magic. Most of the time specializing in multiple forms of magic means you can't devote as much time and energy into mastering all of them, so you'll have broader but weaker and shallower control. It's only in stupid settings like D&D that studying magic gets you total mastery over all the arcane arts equally.

This is why you become immortal.

Beast: Curse-Eater Cat
Bond: N/A
Job: Other (Mage Binder)
Companions: Lisette, Grail
Event: N/A

Funny thing, being bonded to a Curse-Eater Cat. Lisette might be trouble for everyone else, but she's just pleasant if extremely needy company for me and my kitty. Grail complains to hell and back, of course, but he can't deny how useful she is when we're going after a mage with backup.

>tfw your CYOA is too /d/ to ever be posted on Veeky Forums
Can't even censor the images. They will all need to be censored.

post it on /d/ and link it. Other anons do it.

>Dragon Turtle
Yes. Yes please.

>Strong Bond, +Speed
Thought about undersea resident, but I liked the flavor on strong bond, and wanted to raise the turtle's stats instead of just my own.

>Researcher
Not passing up the opportunity to explore the ocean.

>Leenya Norocelli
Merfolk cities should be interesting.

>The New Age of Piracy
Pirates.