Miniatures games without miniatures !

I want to run games that require miniatures (savage worlds, Strife, D&D) but I don't have any and I can't buy them (I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere with no game-stores in sight and amazon won't deliver where I live)

What the fuck do I do ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWWu9Ny8cW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Paper-craft? Vassal 40k? Print outs?

Lego.

at least for RPGs, cardboard tokens will do you alright. I prefer minis and some scenery in person for the "authenticity" factor but in a pinch printing off some tokens and a good ol fashioned homemade map works great.

Print out portraits and stick them on coins or pokerchips.

You don't absolutely have to use miniatures with Savage Worlds or D&D, but it helps.

There's a game called bananagrams . It's a scrabble-type crossword game, but it's cheap, portable, and commonly available. Makes perfect tokens, especially for mobs (all of the C's are orcs) for the example. Works good for encounters.

I've also taken quarter sized washers, glued/taped printed art from the Internet on it as tokens (there's a java app called tokentool which lets you place, scale and everything into a token.

what god forsaken hell hole do you live in?

Hex-and-chit wargames

>2017
>being a frog in the middle of the sea

...are you stranded? Should we send help?

>requires miniatures
>d&d

What?

>population of 240,000 and Amazon doesn't deliver

Holy fuck

I'd kill myself.

I live in Okinawa and we still get prime if you're register on the JP Amazon. Then again, we have like 6 times the population. But damn, that sucks.

>tfw too retarded to think of proxy by yourself

have your shit delivered to an island nearby or another country that you plan to visit
you can rent mailboxes

you can make cardstock miniatures. i've done it before for DnD. vid related
>youtube.com/watch?v=VWWu9Ny8cW8

When my group needs miniatures for a D&D combat we just pull out the monopoly tokens for PCs and get coins out for enemies with a piece of paper with the first letter of the enemy's name and stick it on them. Works well since there's a coin size for every size category except gargantuan in which we use a dollar bill.

fellow anons, we must organize a rescue op. We might need to loop /k/ and /trv/ in

These guys have it. If you don't have minis, do what we always had to do Back In The Day (tm) and make yourself some. You can find plans for print-out paper buildings, vehicles, and all kinds of other stuff around the web, for a start. Little print out men like those above work fine too (use coins as bases, for weight).

Might also be worth looking at some of the aussie manufacturers to see if you can mail-order stuff cheaper from there. I know Eureka makes some good stuff.

How do you even have somebody to play with?

Play video games

check out my guys, basic tfold paper miniatures. Look up dark city games for some ideas

Do you need us to let someone know you're out there?