Are struggling malls wise investments? Has there ever been a 'comeback' of a mall before...

Are struggling malls wise investments? Has there ever been a 'comeback' of a mall before? The mall I am looking in particular has a 32% occupancy rate, only one anchor store (JCPenny). The bottom line per square foot is absolutely horrible but at it's peak, the numbers hovered in $120-140

there's a giant mall 3 minutes from my house that has been empty for years. it's just sitting there. no one will buy it.

Probably not. Retail is dead. If you buy a mall you have to turn it into an attraction for it to be any sort of draw.

Malls are dead.

If you bought one, you'd have to turn the whole thing into something awesome with some stores in it to draw people in.

The tax loopholes that made malls profitable were closed 2 decades ago. Not only that, but you have to compete with online shopping as well now.

Buy a mall house the homeless, be proud of yourself rather than wondering why you still feel so empty inside

I blame the Jews.

>JCPenny

Catch up.

This

Or at least make it a NEET palace

If youre in the US, fact is there are too many malls. Someone did a calculation on this back in the 70s, only one mall per thousand square meters can survive in the long run.

same, when fortunoff went out of business the whole mall economy collapsed.
Its a literal ghost town that can barely afford its electricity bills.
Since no one is willing to buy it, it kind of just occupies space.
Its location is decent too

modify a few of them into indoor paintball or reball arenas.

>He thinks the Jews will ever allow retail to come back

Think again kiddo.

Hmm
Whites don't notice the demographic change if they stay home?

Theyre starting to build apartment skyscrapers ontop of my mall turning it into some kind of civilian utopia, 21 apartment skyscrapes are getting built within like 5 years

Malls are pretty much a dead endeavor. The general populace prefers the modern day form of gentrification, which is a cluster of "artisan" shops and eateries.

Or you could just do what the user at
said to do, that'd be cool as fuck, I can't say much about what kind of profits you'd turn that way though.

make it a skate park, plan for bankruptcy.
or add living quarters and make it neet heaven, where you can live without ever having to step outside during winter/summer/rainy season/day time/night time

>Accept Monero as a payment option in all your stores
>sell goods that have a good resale value on the street if unopened\unused
>sell Amazon gift cards in bulk
>profit

user, you've gotta make it into an amusement park if you want anything to come out of it. Half of the reason why people go to malls is to have something fun to do, a large concentration of big stores are no longer worthy of presence anymore sadly.

step 1:
calculate how many NEET on welfare bux you can house
step 2:
get your NEETS to fill a statement that the majority of their welfarebux goes to rent
step3:
now that you have a secure and predictable income in form of welfare sponsored rent money, you can try and keep your maintenance cost below that threshold
step 4:
add a central small supermarket grocery store, all the basic stuff like food, toilet paper, whatever is there for your NEETS to buy, delivery service for those extra autistic shutins, rather infrequent one-time-buy items like electronics are order only

given enough mini neet apartements you can fund the entire place with rent only, the problem would be plumbing since there are only public toilets, would need additional fixing like showers and maybe heating, extended wifi network and so on

>house the homeless
Why? People aren’t homeless because they don’t have homes. They’re homeless cause they are too focused on herione and booze to maintaing a productive role in society and have burned all their bridges.

It might work if you can turn it into real estate or office space. If you're going to keep it as retail space, absolutely not, that's dead.

that's what tv and movies will tell you. The reality there are a lot of working, but homeless, single moms who can't afford all of the costs of taking care of a child because USA has no interest in taking care of its citizens and families.

Is it possible to buy a mall and re-purpose it into an office complex or something like that?

Explain the tax loopholes senpai.

Getting pregnant isn't some horrible shit that falls from the sky. These women fucked up. We shouldn't subsidize constant fuck ups.

trips of truth

Malls are actually booming in my country. The problem here is that Americans are retarded and still don't understand that developments need to be mixed use (retail + offices + hotels + entertainment + residential + park) and have good public transit connectivity in order to drive foot traffic. The only difference that online retail has made here is in the types of stores you find in them (mostly fashion and food nowadays).

I work for a top US mall owner. 90% of our portfolio is high quality malls. All the shit malls are going to die out and we are going to be fine.

kys libtard

>327 of the homeless people surveyed used crack/cocaine in the past month, 76 per cent of them were male;
355 of the homeless people surveyed used heroine in the past month, 77 per cent of them were male;
358 of the homeless people surveyed used methadone in the past month, 75 per cent of them were male;
2,659 of the homeless people surveyed had mental health problems, 71 per cent of them were male.

It's easier to pretend that everyone in a bad situation is there becuase of their own actions, hence they deserve it and you don't have to feel bad for them.

Easy for the emotionally weal fuckups like yourself, that is

Is it possible? Sure, anything is possible. The land will almost certainly be zoned for commercial use anyways. Is it feasible? Probably not. Malls have way too much empty space (by design), most stores would be too small for your average office space, and the mall itself would have to be in a good location to actually bring in business. Not to mention you'd be in direct competition with actual office parks that lease out those nicer-looking office suites in smaller buildings. You'd be better off just demolishing an existing mall in a good location and building something new.

Buy it and rent everything as co-working space abd offices. Try and get things in there other than retail basically.

I can't tell wether your right or not, but usually what you said there is the swan song of any dying industry

Got any renders?

What if malls were converted to mixed use areas of residential, retail, and business? They could basically be little towns.

Exactly, I was in Japan for the summer, people can basically work, live, and play in the same block and catch a train somewhere because space isn't wasted on having highways in ridiculous places and giant megamalls surrounded by grass and hedges. Fuck, even the highways have restaurants and stuff underneath them in Tokyo. Americans are dump for falling for the Car-Jew when we had all the transit oriented development we needed, but GM needed their shekels
Where are you user, Europe?

Nah, in Chile.

Best thing to do would be to turn it into some kids fun palace like this: I can see that doing pretty well

>buy a mall
>make it NEET palace
>only for Crypto-NEETS
>???
>profit

Malls as they were in the past are dead. Malls with gyms, entertainment, this sort of stuff - it will work. But shopping? Nope.

They need to lower the price.

I tried to talk a few people in to buying this empty buildings and turning in to housing/work centers for the homeless. Of course they would work to pay for it and should be able to get tax breaks, gov funding etc. Like happy works camps is how I envision it.

Looks like area near Harujuku in Tokyo or like Seoul in some locations.

they have a bunch of sketches construction just started however they still completed several towers north of the mall, just look up lougheed town center burnaby projects