Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Thread Question: How are Deathwatch looking in this edition?

>Previous Thread
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

O rly

Ya rly fool

no

First for power level goes straight into the trash bin where it belongs

Can you cast the same power twice if you cast it again as your soulburst?

Also Ynnari is still OP edition

6th for Flash Gitz in a moving Battlewagon shooting at full BS

Funnily enough this guy loves AoS and the main drive behind his hype of 8th is purely simplification and was very vocal in his opinion that things like toughness were an outdated concept and needed to die.

Will Blood Angels be any good with deep strike being 9", drop pod and death company nerfs?
Tyranids looking pretty shit too

AoS doesn't actually have power levels.

Nth for Ksons being b& from having any regular infantry.

Is a first company termie + dreadnought army viable?

>Tyranids looking pretty shit too

user, they are top tier.

Each power (except Smite) can only be attempted once per turn, so no.

Sounds like somebody that doesn't know how to basic math, lol.

wat

they have tzaangors

>what are tzaangors

So here comes the answer to all versions of "Is X viable ?" for the coming months untill the meta starts to settle :

We don't know for sure. Try it yourself and tell us how it went.

Unsure what to make of deathwatch. Some things look great; infernus heavy bolters in a small squad will never get charged cause of the ridiculous overwatch (does a charge from 9" away prevent the use of flamers though?), hand flamers in squads can give some crazy combat shooting, flier looks good.

On the other hand enjoy no combat points and barely any vehicles due to cost. Movement seems to rely on bikes and deep strike as transports as so expensive, even more so with toys cost for DW. The lack of some weapons, such as twin auto cannons on dreads, looks like it could hurt too.

Wondering what other thoughts on them are as I was thinking about starting up a DW army for 8th

You can soulburst in an opponents turn which would bypass the restriction.

It's equivalent is figure it out with your opponent which is even worse and is easily taken advantage of in random pick-up games. Most people used wounds or model count before points existed and I never saw someone advocating for model count except to use sigmarines against anything else for an ugly advantage

The psychic power limitation says per turn, not per player turn.

What's the rules on Flash Gitz?

The collective is a battle round, in which each player has a turn.

>does a charge from 9" away prevent the use of flamers though?
It does. There's no rule that gives flamers infinite range during overwatch anymore.

Instead of stating the obvious, you could help by giving your own considerations and sharing your experiences

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated.
One nice thing about a new edition is you can run literally anything you like before the meta settles. It becomes harder to do that after people have figured out how to optimize lists to take advantage of the rules & dynamics to the max.

Bs 4+ is a nice touch.

They should still have default 'eavy armour like Nobs and acess to big choppas.
Kaptin should have a Powa-stabba by default.

Definitely irregular.

Spent five years putting together a list which used Possessed and Warp Talons together as gap-fillers and now I'm not allowed 'em.
Had raptors and CSM's as chaff and now I'm not allowed 'em.

They aren't a full enough army yet to be so exclusive.

Nor is DG, just wait until the codex. you can use the raptors and possessed however, just without the legion keyword

>Ammo runts
That's chaffin' delicious

They're not bad, just a little pricey for what you get.
Regular Nobs can give you 3 st5 ap-2 attacks each that hit on 3+ in melee, and for only 20 points a piece instead of 27 for flash gitz.
Nobs also have a better save, the same ability to take ablative grots for wounds, and frankly some of their gun options are almost as good as flash gitz anyway (especially kombi-skorchas, though those are really expensive).
The only thing Flash Gitz have on Nobs is range and the 6+ = more shots rule. I don't feel that's worth 7 extra points per model, personally.

Yeah, and Badrukk is WAY better now.

Can someone post the various leman russ stats? Also Anyone else reckon splinter cannons look a bit shit now? I won't be able to sit back and ping things to death anymore :(

Posted this in the last thread, right before it was abandoned:

Fast attack Slaaneshi CSM, 1250pts

Lord w/ jump pack, twin claws - 106

Sorcerer w/ jump pack, force axe - 130

6x Noise marines w/ power sword, blastmaster, three sonic blasters, bolter - 140pts

6x Noise marines w/ power sword, blastmaster, three sonic blasters, bolter - 140pts

6x Raptors w/ twin LC, 2x plasma pistols - 129pts

Lascannon Pred (with all the weapons actually paid for this time) - 202pts

= 1245pts

Do you have a good picture of pg 16/17?
Or is yours the same blurry mess as in the PDF?

>Thunderhawk is no longer listed in the FW shop

So 8th and 9th company marine armies?

The assault and devastator reserve companies.

Now if I understand correctly, bike and land speeder marines fall under assault marine jurisdiction, so the assault company can actually be pretty diverse. Hell, you can even fluff a unit of vanguard vets as the company command squad if you like.

9th company is a bit trickier though: You're kinda limited to Devastators, Centurions and Razorbacks really, right?

>The lack of Chaos Dreadnoughts rules make FW a bunch of faggots

good fuck dark eldar

thought those were ork skulls on that for a moment, tried to think what'd happen if you put an ork in a dreadnought.

Land Raiders cannot shoot if an enemy is within 1", and they cannot shoot if they Withdraw. (And if you surround it, it can't even withdraw since Tank Shock is dead).

8th: Where a Tau Shield Drone poking a Land Raider can stop it from shooting for a turn. Enjoy rolling 6s to hit it.

R-rude baka

What's your beef with the best race

i wonder if they will ever bring back to FW dreads

Playing a game of 8th right now. Can jump pack units not be charged by normal units unless they have the FLY keyword?

As long as I get a way to once again load a dread with a Blastmaster, I'll be happy

Aren't Chaos Dreads just Hellbrutes?

...no? Where the hell did you get that idea from?

Can i include two detachments of seperate factions in an army list? Like two patrols detachments one orks one space marines

Only if it's on their datasheet.

it's pretty unlucky that the raider missed all 10+ of it's overwatch attacks that would have stopped the drone from charging, then missed all 6 of it's attacks during the fight phase too

tough break cry about it bitch

user, please, they're just updating the design.

No

Any SM player here? Are Centurions (the ones with guns) viable? Can you drop them from a Drop Pod? We are gifting them to a friend

>Are Centurions (the ones with guns) viable? Can you drop them from a Drop Pod?

In casual play sure, giive them lascannons and theyll rip shit apart, cant go in a pod anymore.

I'm not sure how I forgot those existed. I think I thought of killa-kans and discarded deff-dreads off handedly.

k thanks. we didn't want to gift him something that he doesn't have because they are irrelevant.

Speaking of Centurions, what are their weapon load outs like?

I've never used them, played them and I'm at work so I can't download the new rules right now

Pondering how to get my chaos fucking shits into shape for 8th. A lot of the CSM side is already built so I'm locked into loadouts, but how's this look?

>2000 point battalion

Sorcerer in termi armour (combibolter & force stave) - 156

Herald of khorne - 56

10 CSM (plasma gun, heavy bolter, power sword) - 157

10 CSM (plasma gun, heavy bolter, power sword) - 157

1 rhino (combibolter) - 70

16 bloodletters (instrument of chaos) - 154

5 terminators (2 combimelta, 2 combibolter, 1 reaper autocannon, 1 chainfist, 1 lightning claw, 3 power axe) - 261
>not built yet, so can adjust loadout easily

5 raptors (2 meltagun, power sword) - 123

6 bloodcrushers of khorne (instrument of chaos) - 292

Maulerfiend (2 magma cutters) - 181

Defiler (reaper autocannon, defiler scourge) - 246
>not built yet

Skull cannon of khorne - 147

>total: 2000 points exactly

Shield Drones are 4++ and you're rolling 6s to hit. It doesn't even need to be a Shield Drone. It could be a Gretchin for example. You are still rolling 6s to hit no matter what.

Tldr, Redeemer is best Land Raider, especially since it also can do anti-aircraft with its Flamestorm Cannons.

Daemon Prince is 165 points with two talons and warp bolter.

Very strong in melee, no degrading unit profile and can hide among crap troops.

What's the catch?

There are anti-daemon units in the game, it's just a single model that can be focused down. But no, it's good.

What's the Eldar Scatbike of 8th edition?

IG mortars.

Is tzeentch daemons dead now? Looks like khorne will be the top dog with melee being strong and +1 s and a when charging or being charged. Where do you see daemons going in 8th?

Isn't rhino with combi bolter 72 points

Seems solid.

>Plasma Pistol Raptors are a thing now.
So weird. I like it.

pistols seems really cool now, it's great that they have something which sets them apart from other guns instead of just being an extra CC attack

Are plasma cannons redundant now?seems the risk of straight death makes them terrible on vehicles and even for troops auto cannons or las do a better job. D3 hits looks wank

I dunno, are tanks part of the Devastator company?

Buggerit, I knew there'd be something I missed. I guess changing the termi's lightning claw to an axe fixes that.

No.

There's a bunch.

hey tg, this is a weird question to ask and I may be dumb for asking.
Do sergeants/squad leaders and if so how much more and where are their costs in the index?

What the fuck are you asking?

Nice rend value.

They're pretty good on troops who can gain access to reroll ones to allow for an overcharge turn. Damage to tanks is a bit much yeah.

Get rid of two lascannons and replace with two heavy bolters on your predator

Get rid of sorcerer.

Get a daemon prince of Slaanesh with two warp talons and warp bolter, guy is s beast and also a psyker

Tzeentch daemons seem like they won't be doing much good anymore. I'm perfectly fine with the summoning nerf, it was deserved and I never really used it anyways so that part's completely fine but shootiness and psychic stuff was absolutely butchered, which feels a little bit too far to me. It's sad.

>Hahaha we used power level for beer and pretzels night where we dont care about winning
>Not wanting to spend 5 fucking minutes adding up points to ensure a more balanced game
I wish I could explain what the fuck people are thinking

Do sergeants/squad leaders cost more and if so how much more and where are their costs in the index*
fuck it's getting late

They're only risky if you overcharge them. Honestly i feel like their normal fire mode is adequate enough

No

Best Dread right there

No.

They cost the same as the rest of the guys in the unit, if thats what you're asking.

Yes and no. Helbrutes are a type of chaos dread, but the guy in heavy metal who used a Helbrute as part of a thousand sons force is a fag who doesn't grasp their basic lore.

Yep, I love it and hope GW gives us it when they update EC stuff.

This. If private Jenkins would like to be a hero and become a commissar he would overcharge it to kill something big because he preferes to blow up instead of being eated alive, if not he will be happy following what his squad leader said and just shoot it on regular, he's going to do a job just fine without leaving a crater with his helmet in it.

so unlike 8th you don't pay more for them, asking specifically becasue tau never had sergeants that weren't an extra point cost but now they're just an option like "one fire warrior shas'ui may take the place of a fire warrior" while not being a default option

So am I reading the new codex's right and are vindicators absolute shit now? Or am I missing something?

Yes

I love that of all the possible things they could redesign the heavy bolter sponsons took priority

What was forge world thinking with the range of high-armpitted boxy dreads?

Seriously. They are liquid shit.

Would it be worth taking IG units e.g Bane Wolves or a Baneblade varient, with Nids and Cult? (Through the Brood Brothers rule;not sure if i'm even reading into that correctly honestly)

Yes all unit champions are free.

One of the reasons why Orks are so retardedly strong now.

Will be older named different pattern or retconnected?

It's needs .gif showind what happens when the three each hit a window and then the marine looking smug.

Also needs a necron added.