Want to start magnetizing shit, need to get a power drill as a result

>Want to start magnetizing shit, need to get a power drill as a result.
>Look on the web, people say cheap ones are obviously shit for their lack of power.
>People keep recommending the Dremel Stylus.
>Go look for one, they're all discontinued.

Thanks useless forum posts from 2008.

Does anyone know good modelling drills to use for magnetizing? Preferably small like that stylus.

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/00196101/
ebay.com/itm/80-Pieces-Chicago-Electric-AC-DC-Rotary-Tool-Kit-Cut-Drill-Grind-Glass-Metal-/251295387790?hash=item3a825f508e:g:4oEAAMXQV0BSInJL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just the the right sized drill bits and do it by hand.

Gee I didn't think about that.

Except that's a lot of work, and my hand is going to be disabled with the amount of slow, painful manual drilling to do magnetizing on mass scale.

Either get a pin vice or a proper drill. Pin vices are more accurate, a proper hardware drill can do bigger holes (say, for magnetising knights) and proper ones are indestructible. I've had a Bosch drill for a decade now that I've used for both miniatures and DIY and it still works perfectly. It's also nowhere near as hard on the hands as a pin vice.

This. Get a pin vice set and another set of bits for when you need more options.

Can't reccomend, it'll fuck up the nerve endings in your fingertips if you do a big number of units.. Don't know about you but i'd like to keep my fine motor skills, besides it's a great tool with many applications, i use an old model, 30 years+, some danish brand.

Nigga, just buy drill bits and turn them with your fingers. I did that for all of my 40k shit.

i use this for metal minis.
buy on aliexpress for 4$

Fuck, that some ghetto drill right there. Fine if it works. I bought mine discontinued cheapo brand some 10€ years ago.

>plugged directly in the mains
Have fun

The stylus itself was discontinued, but you can get dremels with little trouble.

The one I'm showing you is $40 on amazon.

HAHAHAHAHAH
o fuck, this nearly killed me laughing

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/00196101/
You're welcome.

I appreciate the DIY ethos, but how are you not dead?

This shit right here was the best money I ever spent and I'm double glad I got it since the line has been discontinued.

Seconding this post. I thought it was going to useless, but I was able to reattach the legs of my couch with it, as well as bore holes for magnetizing models. It works great, especially for the price. The battery isn't stellar, but who cares? You aren't going to be drilling for 2 hours straight anyway.

*quiet waaaagh in the distance*

ebay.com/itm/80-Pieces-Chicago-Electric-AC-DC-Rotary-Tool-Kit-Cut-Drill-Grind-Glass-Metal-/251295387790?hash=item3a825f508e:g:4oEAAMXQV0BSInJL

It has a surprising amount of torque and because it's low speed, you won't accidentally bore all the way through your model. Also, the chuck will do wire gauge no trouble.

>quiet
>WAAAGH
that's just unorky that is

Just buy a dremel and then pick up a precision grip, it's functionally the same thing and probably why the stylus was discontinued in the first place. It's easier to convince people to buy an attachment for a dremel they already have than to buy a whole new dremel.

I have a dremel 3000 with a precision grip, it's what I used to give my Steel Legion shotguns.

That looks great, did you use the saw attachment? Must be a bit dangerous.

I used the engraver's bit that comes packed with the precision grip and just carved the lasgun out.

It's kind of dangerous I guess but using power tools always is. The grip makes it a lot easier to keep the dremel under control and the lowest speed setting is more than enough to get the job done so no need to go mental.

I didn't use a vice as I don't have one but it would be a good idea and would make the work a lot safer.