Galactic Federation

Subjugated bird empire edition

Flesh and Bone to earth and stone!

Also... What are we without the sky scrawwwww

Greetings all! I have just had a visit of my cousin from Jhool Prime, and he brought a basket of Zeena Berries, would anyone like to try some?

It is most good to see you Speaker. I would like to try some. What news of your front?

Nothing exciting I'm afraid, we had an election, so we have elected a new president. Although I do not agree with off his policies I do find the decreased cost of research stations very appealing. We also had an incident of a survey satellite crashing on a primitive world.

Perhaps you would be interested in our recent findings in the Avarian data vaults? I imagine their observatory station designs would be appealing to you.

Sure, sounds like a great idea.

Very week, we shall give you the data slates with the information on them. They are extremely complex however, most of this Avarian stuff is.

I will send it to the science labs in Jhool Prime as soon as I can, as I am only a humble speaker, and no scientist

Good day,Ambassadors.Anything happening with your people?

Best put your greatest scientists on it, fallen empire tech is immensely complex

Carter good to see you, what news?

Good day Ambassador Carter, as I just have told Taxla, we just finished an election, and one of our survey satellites went down over a primitive world.

Also feel free to try a Zeena Berry, they are delicious.

The Hematization is going well.However,we have the subject with the camera feed ready,to go into the Wastes and study the crashed Avarian ring stations.
In other news,I recently traveled across the Wastes and found a lush forest,with a strange small creature.It had a white suit and hat,and a flute.If any of you happen to know what this is,please inform me,as it cannot speak.

Excellent news. We have also fracked open the vault containing the blueprints for the Beacon.

Who won the election?Noo politics were always intriguing to me.
As for the satellite,did any primitives happen on it?Last I heard,there are laws on interacting with primitives and affecting their growth,except in cases of emergency

Really?Could you send it to me?These shadow creatures mentioned that were attracted by it seem extremely interesting.

Of course, but they are extremely complex. And we both know of the danger surrounding these Beacons.

Thank you,Ovaa.
>Carter trys one.
Might I say that,for all the technological wonders of other cultures,your people can't be topped when it comes to the simple pleasures in life.

Why,of course.Do not worry.The Wastes has dealt with many extra planar creatures before,so I will have it commissioned to be built in a null zone,by my best scientist,Dr.Feln.

I am afraid I must decline, honoured speaker; variances in our species biology render your delicacies a low-grade emetic for my species.

I do beg the parliament's indulgence, but I have a matter to discuss and time is of the essence.

I am well aware that relations between the Federation and our divine Kingdom have been, shall we say 'non-communicative' at best and downright cool ever since the Kingdom's expansion into the Ashfeld arm and enlightenment of no less than three pre-spaceflight species, against the advice of the Federation... It is therefore with no little reluctance and embarrassment that I come here today with a request, signed by representatives of the High Council and her Divine Majesty, High Queen Sheldren the fourth, for Federation aid in the matter of some 1.2 billion refugees that have resulted from disastrous rogue meteorite field that passed through the lesser kingdom of Ryush some 26 gal-standard days ago and the... Regrettable civil disturbance that resulted from the deployment of the Second Fleet to the disaster zone.

It appears that only continuous use attracts them. Also I should mention that these beacons are place on stations or worlds, and the ships home in on them.

I realize this.The plan is to allow some of these ships to come to the Wastes,where they will crash into the Null zone.Hematization aside,the residents can still use self defense,and so if any of them attack they will be eliminated.I plan on capturing one,to study it.I already have learned much from the captured Hive ship.

Do you need help in housing them?Or just transporting them?
And if you have a pic to represent you,please post it.The draw request is nearly done being made.

It appears that a small number can be drawn out of the Beacon is 'opened', rather than having to jump continuously.

Declining birthrates on Solutus' have led to very depressing population shrinkages, but also lots of empty land around the great sausage-factory teocalli.

Solutus is open for many migration treaties, and is happy to export the many and varied local-culture sourced meat products (especially the Sacred Sausages from the temple-factories!) to fellow federation members in return.

That will make it easier.I hear jumping too much in one session is bad for your health.

Esteemed ambassadors. Servant monarchs. Faces of nations.

We, I, It. The Carmine Plane. The Astral Predator. Eater of Cancer. Majority Stockholder of ExoCorp Intergalactic.

We, I, It. Have come to treat, deal, demand.

We demand that the sanctions on Generall Goods Industries be lifted in the western expanse, this has cut profits by .89%. This loss is unacceptable.

Well,we currently have Sir Ty'solan here with aa refugee problem.Perhaps you could help house them?

It makes it more controllable, but you must prepare around it. The shadow beings will go straight for the Beacon in the initial stages to keep it open.

I haven't heard of any sanctions,at least not in a while.I am in support of lifting it if there is one,however.Sanctions only harm our economy.
Would you like one of Ovaa's Zenaida Berries?They are very good.

Trust me,Brain Taxla,if those things even try hurting a denizen of the Wastes,I'm going to have to hire a janitor to wash them out of the floor,if you catch my drift.

I trust in your defenses, anything you need you let us know.

Sorry,I meant Baron.

tfw to intelligent

This thing is still alive?
Do you at least have some fluff like thing, or do you just shitpost what you want?

The Solutus is ... *are* glad to be of great service. We are experts at handling and processing large numbers of people, after all! The Solutus wish only to be of service to the Great Federation.

Good representative, the Solutus are eagerly happy to aid you with the matter of your refugees. We will dispatch all matter of craft immediately, if you give us leave to help these poor unfortunate souls.

[/spoiler]From what I've seen,there is fluff to individual cultures,and how the Federation acts on things,but it's also developed alongside the posts,and is kind of open ended so people can join in without being too restricted.[/spoiler]

I would, but a) I'm using my Stellaris lot and they are depressingly human-like and b) I only just decided to join in as this looked like fun. I don't want to be an intrusive asshole if there's a 'thing' going on.

Both, unfortunately. The only worlds that are sufficiently close to house the influx of refugees are woefully under-developed* and the sheer scale of the disaster as well as... Various regrettable factors** are making both transport of the population from immediate danger, as well as housing, medical assistance, sustenance, policing*** and other essentials frankly impossible!

Naturally, an assistance effort would require an amendment to several treaties regarding the sanctity of the Kingdom's borders****, but as an ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary, in addition to the signatures of my divine sovereign and her most excellent council, I am authorised to make such amendments for the duration of this emergency.

I am afraid that is out of the question. Laws dating back to the Kingdom's First Contact forbid the movement of Royal citizens from movement outside of Eortite territory, without express permission of a royal charter. Any and all management of the refugees must be conducted within Kingdom space.

[Federation diplomatic database notifications]
* The Ryush sector (local designation: Lesser Kingdom) is self-sufficient and possessed of a developed industrial base. Likelihood of fasehood: 56% with 4% margin-of-error
** Federation intelligence reports indicate the Eortite Second Fleet has engaged in light combat since its deployment to the Ryush sector. Opponent unknown.
*** The Kingdom of Eortan's legal code is at odds with the Federation legal code on 14 major and 87 minor points that may cause a diplomatic incident. The majority of these points concern the civil rights of citizens.
**** The Kingdom of Eortan closed its borders to all Federation civilian and military traffic 3 galactic-standard years after contact, with exceptions for economic exchange in three border worlds. This situation has persisted for 47 galactic-standard years and has resulted in 2 engagements with Federation citizens violating Eoritite space. Death-toll stands at 149 Federation citizens, 37 of which were considered category-C criminals under Federation law and an unknown number of Eortite casualties.

Do not worry,Sir Ty'solan.We can help transport them,and set up crucial infrastructure on these underdeveloped worlds,and I believe Solutus has an impressive transport fleet if my memory serves me.All we ask is that an embassy is set up on one of these planets,to allow Federation workers to follow Federation laws,at least for a short time.
You can post it if you'd like,but if you feel it's too human like then that s fine.Just keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to use a Stellaris avatar,and to be in the draw request you need one.

And don't worry about being intrusive.As long as you don't do something like blow up half of the ambassadors,you are welcome to join in.It's more fun when dealing with new issues and new cultures.

>Further explorations of the data vaults on Avar have uncovered many advanced mining and farming techniques. The technology to repair the 3 remaining fortresses in orbit has also been found, and engineering crews are being sent to begin repairs.

Perhaps these fortresses have caches of weapons or knowledge in them.

Well, they have extremely advance weaponry on board, as well as comfortable living spaces. However when we took them before the invasion, they were in such a state of disrepair that the weapons wouldn't even fire. Seems the long years of stagnation had effected their weapons too.

Wonder why they were left in such a bad state?The Avarians sound like a proud people,and their androids were formidable,I hear,It doesn't make sense to abandon a fortress,at least without a good reason.

The were crewed, at full strength even. But so many centuries without a enemy to fight, I imagine it was a miracle their advanced warships and androids actually worked.

Ah,so they let their guard down.Not a very smart move,especially if your running a privateering operation.

They grew decadent, hoarding technology and let it all fall into disrepair. Apparently there hadn't been a single scientific innovation in over 400 years.

I hope the Dukedom reeducares them,then.Such complacency leads to weakness,after all.

They are strong of mind, and if spirit. We are actually surprised to find many scientists and military minds are quite happy to see us, although there has been a.....unforeseen side effect to our conquest.

Educates.I don't even know if educares is a word.

Side effect?Is it cultural differences,or issues with keeping government jobs?

We shall devour this morsel.

Yes these sanctions have been emplaced due to "unethical" work environments in the manufacturing facilities. I do not see the use in such ephemeral concepts when the current circumstance is the most efficient.

Well, it appears that for some time before our invasion, a party had formed advocating re-armament and a reclamation of their lost territory. They see us as a means to achieve this goal.

May the ascendant devourer that is the Carmine Plane interest you in an exciting business venture in the Generall Goods Industries manufacturing centers? Your flesh seems resilient and hardy.

I don't have experience dealing with ethics,since the Wastes runs on a survival of the fittest method.However,I would recommend either reforming work conditions,or utilizing automatons.If the conditions were reformed,your workers would work with a new vigor and enthusiasm,and sanctions would be lifted,both helping your profit margins.And if you use non ai automatons,work would be even more efficient and cost effective,and sanctions would be lifted.

That seems troublesome.Much of the lost territory is in Ploraxian space and Rumaar space.Both are allies,and both have mighty armies.Perhaps negotiating with them for the territory would be advantageous.

The Solutus are happy where they are, and who they are with at any time, and we do so cherish our cultural goods & sausages production.

While we wait for the good Sir Ty'solan to come back to us with a reply, can we interest you in a wreath of very cultural Sacred Sausages? They were fashioned in mournful rememberance of those who left the Solutus temple-factories, but it is said that this only enhances the taste.

We are currently informing them that such a venture cannot be carried out, due to the size of the nations holding them, but I fear that there technology is,staggering. Already Avarian engineers have set to work on rebuilding and repairing their ancient vessels. We are currently in talks right now.

The factories use automated workers. That is the problem, the automata continue to cease their own existences due to said "unethical" labour conditions.

The sanctions refer to the machines, there is no fleshing servants.

Bring us this sausage, so the souls of your fallen may tremble at the insatiable hunger and terrible quarterly earnings of the Crimson Plane?

Ah, if your quarterly earnings are terrible, rest assured, should you go bankrupt and be hounded by relentless enemies for all the deeds you have done in ExoCorp, the Solutus will shelter and shield you from all outsiders. We do, after all, have quite many empty homes to fill near the teocalli.

Perhaps a new ideology may help?The automatons are ceasing themselves because they believe in ethical conditions.Either remove their sense of self and reduce them to "dumb" ai,or possibly teach them a way of seeing their work,like capitalism or communism.They may be human centric,but they could motivate working.

Greetings my fair friends, it has been too long since I was last able to attend one of theses meetings. I'm afraid an alarming number of heretics, cursed be their perversions of the way, has kept the many houses and her grace, her light the eminent wisdom of Moxif, very busy. Pray tell, what has happened in my absence.

You may want to be more forceful.The Avarians don't seem as honor bound as the rest of the Dukedom,and they may go against orders to not reclaim territory.

The stagnant ascendancy of the Avarian empire has been subdued by Dukedom forces. There data banks are now open and we have knowledge of many powerful technologies.

We fought off a hive mind,met two extraplanar entities,Hematization is occurring in the Wastes,and the Dukedom has made multiple technological ventures.As of now we are assisting in a refugee crisis,and helping the Carmine Plane prevent his worker's mass suicide.
It has been a while,your Highness.Any recent events with your people?

They are too far in our territory to threaten others. We have also commandeered most of their vessels and factories. They view others as lesser it would seem.

Gre͜e̡ting̕s̴ ͡p̕hy͝s̢ical̷ r͘eaļm͡er͢s, I ͘see ͢a̵n͜o̶t̵h͡ęr͟ meéting ̕h͡ąś ̧b̢e̵e̵n d̛e̴cr͟eed̡?͝

It seems that they need to learn that there is more to the galaxy than Avaria.Perhaps teaching them will open their minds?

A hive mind you say! Why, what a fascinating experience that must have been. I, Trustworthy Solutus, yes, representative of the Solutus, would like to inquire if you know where that hive mind came from? Or went, after you beat them?

It's a very cultural affair for us, you understand, that's what drives the Solutus to ask.

It is good to see you Voidspeaker.You may want to meet the Carmine Plane,I think you would find much to discuss.However,I must ask a question of your past.

They have seen it all, they have existed for many years. They feel that caring about such lessees is beyond them. I feel they see us as merely a tool to use. It may take a very long time to adjust them to everything.

We are not sure where it originated.It somehow came to the Wastes,where it mutated into a ravenous being that desired destruction.Due to the efforts of our combined forces,it was defeated,non violently I might add.Last I saw them,they were in the custody of the Phss.However,I captured one of their ships in the battle to analyze them.If you wish,I can send a specimen or two over,with some research notes.

O͞h̸? Ẃhat i͜s it̀?

Of course,but it will be worth the effort.They will soon realize that the Dukedom is much more than their subjugation,and they will be proud to be a part of it.

After the Dukedom's forces defeated Avaria,much technology was recovered.Some history was as well,detailing a war with certain Shadow Creatures,or demons as they called them.They were largely responsible for the Avarian's collapse of much of their empire,and commited numerous atrocities,even managing to crash a number of ring stations within the Wastes.I plan on exploring these,but I noticed that these creatures sound very much like the creatures in your history.The ones that committed such atrocities and wars that your people merged into five,and two of those five into one.

Remind me, honoured speakers and delegates, has the federation not yet extended full rights to sapient machines? Eortite philosophers proved the theoretical existence of the silica animus before our contact with your polity and every AI yet created by the Kingdom has been granted full citizenship rights, but I digress...

The offer of the Carnem Wastes is most appreciated, honoured ambassador I will have my aide transmit the details immediately*, but deployment will have to wait until an agreement can be reached regarding the right-of-passage amendment. Speaking of which, I have brought with me a draft copy. Please accept the transmission to your terminals**. I might also remind the honoured ambassador that the Federation already maintains an embassy on our sanctified homeworld, by the tolerance of her Divine Majesty. A further embassy in the Ryush sector would be completely surplus to requirements***.
Don't have many other avatars and given the Kingdom's sovereign status (Ty'solan acting as a foreign ambassador, rather than part of the federation), I don't think it'd be appropriate

[Federation diplomatic database notifications]
* All public news reports indicate that only two worlds within the Ryush sector were affected by the meteorite storm. Deployment request indicates refugee movement from four worlds, 7 moons and 48 asteroid and orbital facilities. Deployment request further includes request for medical supplies far exceeding projections of requirement for a one-time event.
** Proposal includes several points that contradict Federation law, including the censorship of information and restriction of the rights to freedom of movement and association.
*** Possible deflection detected. Likelihood 81% with 9% margin-of-error

I may be wrong,and I apologive if I am,but have you encountered these creatures?Your knowledge may help in our study of them.I planned to try and attract them to the Wastes with a beacon,but I won't until you give the go ahead,just in case.

Solutus would love to share all manner of insights with your scientists! We shall bring a banquet of the most cultural sausages we can muster from the temple-factories!

Yes it will. They have military minds that would startle even a seasoned veteran. But we have learned of the greatest cache of their technology, on their original home world of Avar.

It.̛.̛. ̵that̨ ͟is..͘.̡ wor͟rys̢om͢e͡.

You be̛l̛iev͠e V̧o̴i̛d͝ He͡reti̕çs ͟b̶r̶ok̸e̢ ̵ìnto t͘h͞įs̨ ͢r̢ea͡lm of̵ ̴realit͢y?

Interesting news, my feathery winged friend, the scientists of the Igna castes will certainly be thrilled to analyse the data.
You make me blush! I am only a lord and undeserving of the title highness, that is simply an image of the blessing to our empire who I represent, It seems many troubles have beset the federation, only more fuel for the isolationists I fear. I bear curiosity to this hematization of the wastes you speak of. As for the empire, things are mixed at best. A star that had crystallised into Zro has been discovered The celebrations of the festival of the first colour were the grandest they have ever been, house Ta'Vu out did themselves this year. Many So'Vih I know were overjoyed to learn of the new cultures we had opened too. This was sadly washed away by terror attacks during the festival of liberating flight. More attacks have happened elsewhere. Heretics, to whom a thousand hells would not be enough, have publicly stated that they believe the storm kings held the true path, something which I am disgusted to even quote, and seek to create a new one.

Why of course.Give me one moment.

>Carter checks his transmission vox receiver,leather bound and covered in a substance that looks like blood and bile.

I see.Do not worry,these terms are fine.I will send ships of my own to help shortly,and I assume Solutus will help as well.Excuse me for forgetting about the embassy.My memory leaves me sometimes.
As for your concerns about AI,I am fairly certain that machines are considered to have rights.However,it depends on the AI,and recently a movement heralded by a robot named John in the Federation has devoted itself to "enlightening" robots.

Perhaps.Further research is required.If I attract some,I will send the data to you.Do you believe they are still a threat?

We are willing to offer the schematics for ringworlds, and other medical and agricultural marvels in the vault, also the schematics for observation posts.

No issue,my friend!Here,I will send it now.

Sure those ships would arrive in time, if you remembered to pay the regular fee for protection against illegal piracy. Ah, not that I mean to pry but, are much is their cargo worth in federation credits?

T̕he ̡h͡e͟r̷ȩt͝ićs ͘àr̸e̕ ͜a̷s ͜da̷ng͝ero̢u̷s͢ a̵s ͝a͝ s̴t̸ar͟ ab͞oút́ t́o ͡go ͟s͠u͞per̷ņóva,̵ unp̕r͢ędi̕c͜t͝abl͝e and h͡at͟èf̷u͢l̸. ̧T͡hèý ̵see ̸t͜h͝e un̡i͜o̶n̢ às ́a si̧n a̴nd͡ ́c̶o͜urse ̛t̨h̕e͡ ͘ga̡l̛ąxy͜ ̨lo͟o̕ki͡n͘g for͜ a ̧way ͡t̡o ͝bręak̸ away ̕f͟r͢o͞m͞ ̧i̴t̡..͠.

T̢he͜ỳ s̸ho̕ul͜d͞ be termi̛nated on͜ s̕igh̡t̸, ͠le̛st ͢t̶hey̵ ͘deşt̴r̕oy ̕t͠ḩe̴ ͢s̨acr̷e͝d͘ u͞n͝i̸o͞ns o̢f͜ our civ͘íl͞iz͢at̕i̕o̵n.

If you offer this as a gift, it is most graciously accepted, if it is a trade, I am sure her highness, who's wings are a rainbow of glory, would offer our great treasures for.

Excuse me for mistaking you for her Higness then,I did not mean offense.Please send my regards to her,it has been a while since we discussed.
I am happy that you are learning about such culture,but terrorism is not something I take lightly.If you require assistapence defeating these foul terrorists,I will send a fleet to help out.
As for Hematization,it is when an Organ in the sky of the Wastes sheds its outer layer.New life is birthed,sustenance is plentiful,and for a week and a half no violence is instigated.Multiple stalls and attractions are built,showing different cultural values unified under the Wastes,a dangerous beautiful place.It is like a festival,with weirder happenings.
I would recommend going.A trip to the Wastes is life changing for many,and it has no fear of violence during this time.

What is this thing not of flesh?

These technologies could save countless lives and further scientific knowledge in fields that go beyond military prowess. We are opening these technologies to all civilised peoples, Avian or not.

Well,I won't let any more than necessary survive.To study the may grant benefits,however.
This is the Voidspeaker.I believe you two may have much in common.
No cargo other than basic essentials to transport as many refugees as possible.Trust me,pirates won't be an issue.They are heavily armed,and bioships as well.

That is good news.In these times sharing knowledge is as important as helping with resources and military might.

Greetings, Mortals!

I for one, would sure love a migration treaty with all of you. That we might culturally enrich your empires with our presence.
We Space Hydra are the very model of congeniality!

No offence taken my friend. The hematization sounds like a wondrous thing, I would be thrilled to see it. I must sadly decline your help however, the strikes have mostly been on planets with large isolationist elements, and foreign help would likely strengthen their resolve.
Blessings upon you and your kindness. It is good to see such charity in these darkening times.