Warhammer 40k general

Thread Question: How do GW get away with this broken shit, and when's the FAQ?

>Previous Thread
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Io3RLZJYqXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the Iron Warriors

2nd for
>imperial guard

Keep crying pansee

LFGS Manager suggested that the new codexes will be out by october, and an FAQ should be expected within weeks. Take that for what it's worth.

In the mean time, I plan to take full advantage of poor wording and simply broken rules.

Pic related, it's my anti-flyers.

> How do they keep getting away with it.

Because despite how many issues 8E has it is better than the last edition, which is really fucking saying something.

>and when's the FAQ?
Soon I would imagine.

They're probably working on getting the community site overhaul up with the live FAQ discussion/voting system.

Where could I find the rules for Shadow War Armageddon? It doesn't seem tot be in the mega.

>better than last edition
>better than literal shit

It's not saying much at all.

>suggested that the new codexes will be out by october
What, all of them?!

>and when's the FAQ?
what exactly needs FAQing? genuinely curious.

Did they mean the first codex, or ALL codexes?

That, or at least a majority of them. Do not expect the indexes to last you very long.

GW's new way to make money: release broken rules very regularly, so you have an excuse to release more broken rules.

It's mostly just idiot-proofing

>Can I deep strike more than 9" away and be in my 9" melta range?
>Do i have to pay points for basic warhead?
>Can I name my Hive Fleet Ultramarines and take Guilliman for buffs?

What are these "broken rules"? I was under the impression 8th fixed all of the bullshit from 7th.

> This is the best edition ever guys, honestly, we've spent over two years play testing it.

Within weeks we need what will likely be a 5 page FAQ.

Come one GW, you were already playing on easy mode by making everything in the game have a toughness and updating all the books in one go.

I would snap at you and say "go to their general" but it seems SWAG isn't around right now. I'm not actually sure right now.

Rate this list

Battallion detachment, 2000 points

Captain with a relic blade and storm bolter
Librarian in terminator armor with a force stave and storm bolter

Tactical marine squad with a gravgun and a missile launcher, combi-flamer sgt
Tactical squad with a plasmagun and plasma cannon, combi-flamer sgt
Guard infantry squad with a flamer and autocannon

Guard special weapon squad with 3 flamers
Guard special weapon squad with 3 grenade launchers
Chimera with 2 heavy bolters and a storm bolter
Contemptor dreadnought with multimelta and storm bolter
5 cataphractii, sgt with sword + storm bolter, one with power fist + heavy flamer, 1 with power fist + storm bolter, 2 with double lightning claws
5 vanguard with jump packs. Sgt with thunder hammer and storm shield, 2 with bolt pistol + power sword, 2 with bolt pistol + chainsword

Assault squad with eviscerator and 2 flamers, no jump packs
Razorback with TL lascannon, storm bolter

Predator with TL lascannon and 2 heavy bolters
Leman russ with battle cannon, lascannon, 2 heavy bolters
Guard heavy weapon squad with 3 mortars

Expecting to fight Tyranids, CSM, Orks, Tau, SM, Guard

From my impression, at least a majority of them. I'd guess they've been working on the codexes since 8th ed was """""""""finished""""""""".

Seeing as as soon as the whole edition leaked, Veeky Forums had pointed out a bunch of broken shit within 24 hours, they're probably on full damage control/money making mode.

>>Can I name my Hive Fleet Ultramarines and take Guilliman for buffs?
This is the only thing that genuinely needs FAQing

I think also clarifying the fact that plasma will blow up a tank if it fails an overcharge would be nice. Or have I just been memed this whole time?

Basically some guns and vehicles do not behave like they should, such as flamers being the ultimate anti-aircraft weapons.

Some of the points costs seem a bit off as well with some upgrades being useless.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It definitely does because a leman russ has a rule that says it only take 6 mortal wounds instead of dying

>see Forge World release
>Spartan!
>AWESOME!
>CANNOT TAKE PRIMARIS MODELS

FUCKING WHY? IT SAYS IT CAN TAKE CENTURION SUITS FOR 3 SLOTS. WHY CAN'T PRIMARIS TAKE UP 3 SLOTS? OR 4? WHY CAN'T I HAVE 5 PRIMARIS + CHARACTER IN IT?

How the fuck does the Repressor take 6 Primaris but the Spartan Tank can't?

I need good fluffy reason for Grey Knights teaming up with Magnus against Guillman.

in 90% of cases, if a tank takes a plasma gun, the gun itself says "takes a mortal wound" (as in the case of heavy plasma cannons for space marines)
or the tank will have rules to mitigate the model dying (as in leman russes' plasma vents rules)

basically: read the fucking rules, and 99% of these situations could be avoided.

Because people already own spartans, to carry primaris you must buy a new tank.

It's a LOT better than 7th. Like, by miles.

Because Primaris are gay.

WHY ARE FLASH GITZ Sv 6+ STILL!!!!

Really shit ones, maybe.

They hit automatically, but they have shit range and AP.

They won't do much.

Some upgrades cost points and actively make the unit worse in the process. Some units are just entirely useless when other units from the same army do the same job but better for less points, or are so much better at the job that they're much more worth their points cost. Killa Kans vs Meganobz is the biggest culprit here.

Someone made a series of mspaint comics highlighting how ridiculouus some of the stuff in 8th is.

Sure, but razorbacks with a TL plasmagun are kinda useless. You either never supercharge, or you risk instantly killing your tank.

Ah fuck this. Gonna cancel my orders.

Yup.

Veeky Forums, are Broadsides worth taking? Their firepower is insane, but for their point cost they're way easier to kill than Dreadnoughts. Should I just stick shield generators on them for 8pts and give them that sweet 4++ with an Ethereal nearby for 6's to ignore unsaved wounds? I'm already taking two Hammerheads and I own four Broadsides. I was thinking about using two with heavy rail rifles and SMS.

If they call it 'The Wu Tang Clan Trick' in the actual FAQ statement I will probably die from ruptured sides

Lol no

Run the Grey Knight as counts-as Thousand Sons, they're both power armoured psyker armies.

>"go to their general" but it seems SWAG isn't around right now.
Yeah, that was the FIRST place I tried to find.

>put burnas in trukk
>burnas effectively have 20" range and can all fire from a single molecule anywhere on it, so if one's in range they're all in range
>not to mention the trukk fires too

automatic hits is all it takes

>FW IA coming soon
>astartes
>chaos
>xenos
>astra militarum
Well, admech confirmed shit for a long time to come

I'm trying to get my wife into Necrons. I'm buying her the Starter Set with Index but what should I look to be fielding in this edition?

I feel 1 Ghost Ark, at least 2x 20 warriors, Crypteks, Lords but that is about as far as my knowledge goes in regards to what I think is good in this edition.

Tips please? My Orks want to skull fuck some Necrons.

Do shield generators still block in a direction or always count as he closest model for the broadsides? You've got to think about your opponents. If you reliably screen them they'll be fine except vs deepstriking stuff

They overestimate the average IQ of the community.

Remember even glue products weren't originaly released with "don't fucking eat this you colossal tard fuck".

If you look in the archives there is a link to the ebook in that thread.

Spartan Assault tank is too pure and too beatifull for carrying those filthy primaris plebs !

the titan legions and knight houses are in the guard book.
the rest of the admech stuff is 30k only, and we will likely see them in Fires of Craxys

Explain this, 8th shills.

Because it's a dead game populated only by sniper scouts and skitarii

Have fun wounding the thing with S4 AP0 dude

>Repressor

What's a Repressor? Sincerely been looking for a primaris transport and haven't seen this anywhere.

>The Wu Tang Clan Trick

Sorry, I've been behind; what's this?

Haven't collected 40k figures in a long, long time. Is GW getting its shit together? Are prices going down? Is 8th edition more balanced?

Combo-plasma on Chaos vehicles is the same way. Honestly though, I don't mind never overcharging with it, since its still decent shooting, but them clarifying on it would be nice

Not drones, actual shield generators. You can take drones and allocate wounds from models within 3" to a drone, but shield drones are fairly expensive and I'd rather bring more Fire Warriors for the cost.

Put a KFF or Painboy next to them, or in a Battlewagon, or both. If you can afford Flash Gitz, you can afford a Battlewagon.

Hence "confirmed shit for a long time to come"

Thanks. Good call. I always forget the archive exists.

Flamers don't do nearly enough damage to be "the ultimate anti aircraft".

A full 10-man burna squad is averaging 3 wounds on a T6 flyer, and on top of that they only have a 8" range.

This is kind of the problem with listening to Veeky Forums about anything. As a general rule Veeky Forums is really, really bad at playing wargames.

I thought flamers fired napalm like liquid fire, but still the "auto hit" should be subject to the -1 to hit from flyers and have to roll a 2+ imo

They're roughly as durable as dreadnoughts against most things thanks to their 2+ save, and you can mitigate that further with drones

FAQ: Any vehicle with the flying rule cannot be hit by weapons with the automatically hits rule.

There, that wasn't so hard.

Oh no, I need 5s on my 12xd3 automatic hits.

Sorry, I meant Repulssor.

youtu.be/Io3RLZJYqXk

He means Repulsor. The Repressor is an old Forgeworld Sisters vehicle.

Jet engine intakes.

if you make your hive fleet you can put it in the same detachment as your chapter

or if you make your craftworld , you can benefit from Guilliman's buffs, for example.

The tags are abusable

Why won't this retarded AA meme die.

Link to FAQ???

Oh okay my bad, yeah you're gonna need some sort of protection or I'm gonna be dropping scourges 9" away from them with blasters and shooting em to shit

>Is GW getting its shit together?
Depends on who you ask. They seem less shit-heads than when Kirby was the head CEO. Though saying anything postive about GW makes you a GW shill.

>Are prices going down?
Lolno. Though there are decent deals like the start collecting boxes.

> Is 8th edition more balanced?
More balanced than 6th and 7th edition for sure.

Top fucking kek.

Congrats, flamers can no longer hit eldar, tau, or necron vehicles at all, or land speeders

That's fucking retarded, holy shit.

GW isn't the problem with shit like this, it's the players.

If theyre doing a bombing run, they get to fly 40+" above your unit and way past you, meaning you have no chance to shoot them on the pass.

The only way it works is if you have flamers waiting near where it stops or in a transport fast enough to catch up, and even then it won't be doing a lot of damage.

Airborne rule rather than fly probably. You still want to hit Crisis suits and jetbikes with flamers.

>or in a Battlewagon
There are people who don't run Badrukks battlewagon pirateship?

I certainly am Repulsed.

Better FAQ:

Units with the Airborne ability can't be hit by weapons with a maximum range of 12" or less

Flamers are meh as anti air.

GK Smite spam and Purge Soul is where it's at.

top jej

Some of the problems are just people purposely trying to break the game like Mr hive fleet ultramarine.
But the flamers auto hitting flyers is something they should have caught if they were actually play testing like they say. And if u stick those Burma's in a truck or wagon with measuring distance from anywhere on the hull because open topped, it seems a lot more possible to get into position to get the flyers.

Also anything that deep strikes near that line is fucked the next turn. I've got 8 SMS systems on the Broadsides and Hammerheads, and a further 4 on the two Devilfish hanging out near the front. There's also 20 Fire Warriors and 20 Pathfinders in Tidewalls that make up the main line. You'd be lucky to get within 30" of it.

Thanks.

I like this a lot better. Also means you won't have people taking pot-shots with grenades or pistols.

Maybe make it so that only applies to units without they fly rule though, so Stormboyz could still rocket up to something and blast it with sluggas before charging

>Retards on Veeky Forums kept moaning about psychic phase being shit
>Smite spam is disgustingly strong now against any non horde
I dont know what retard thought auto hitting mortal wounds was a smart idea.

So I'm stop playing vets for 8e, however now I am left with 4 chimeras. What should I put in them?

Link for the comics?

The commentators briefly mentioned Custodes can take custodian guards as a HQ choice. Where is this specified in the index? It seems like leaks are missing the Custodes intro page.
Also, anyone recorded the whole match?

Some fireworks, they're pretty shit in 8E.

Even better. I'll be sure to suggest this on the community site when they get the FAQ voting up.

Still waiting for my Arkanaut Ironclad.

Your butt :D

It wouldnt slide amongst anyone with a lick of sense, the tag itself is or and if we take that as the base tag as we should, it doesn't matter what you call them because any buffs say "affects any units". It's just tg being retarded as per usual. Literally no one in their right mind would say "oh I'm going to call my genestealers cult the Prophets of the Flesh so that they get Urien Rakarth's buff.

Thanks! I'm definitely considering building up my nid or nurgle army again.

>I dont know what retard thought auto hitting mortal wounds was a smart idea.
Don't worry, mortal wounds will be very rare :^)

Right, cool. Frankly I've only skimmed the rules so far. I've absolutely no idea why, but whenever I try to concentrate on them right now my head just turns to mush.

Assuming best rolls:
36 hits * 1/3 (S4 vs T7) = 12 wounds on average
12 wounds * 1/3 (3+ Save) = 4 wounds on average
Shit dude, really scary.

It's not a balance problem. There's nothing "broken" about it. It just feels odd from a "realism" perspective.

Fear me.