What's the best RPG to use for a Samurai Jack game?

What's the best RPG to use for a Samurai Jack game?

>Feng Shui
>Rifts
>Legends of the Wulin (but wither all the magitech?)
>Exalted
>TORG

It would need to have wuxia martial arts, gun-fu, magic, robots, supertech... and time travel.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/349844123/Straight-to-Vhs-0-4-playtest-edition
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LotW's abstracted to the point you could mostly deal with the magitech via Internal techiques, Secret Arts and Legendary Weapons/Transcendant Techniques.

LotW Comes with the default caveats though, the core book is a busted clusterfuck of awful editing and unclear rules that makes it way harder to use than necessary. If you can get past that, it's amazing, but it's a goddamn huge barrier to entry.

That doesn't sound like the optimal choice then, but thanks for your honesty.

BESM obviously.

Like this?

Perhaps Gamma World?

Is there magic, martial arts and high-tech in Gamma World? I thought it was all post-apoc mutants (which is but a part of SJ's setting).

D&D 5e fan made gamma world would have all that yes

Best bet would be Savage Rifts IMO. Just run a gonzo setting without any strong background fluff which DESU is entirely what Rifts look like from afar.

>wuxia martial arts,
GURPS Martial Arts
>gun-fu,
GURPS Gun-Fu
>magic,
GURPS Magic
>robots, supertech... and time travel.
GURPS Ultra-Tech

Realistically you won't need all or any of those books (Robots, magic, ect. are all in the basic set), but GURPS fits the bill.

Intradesting...link?

Could be a good option...yeah.

GURPS is entirely too realistic and simulationist for the stylized craziness of SJ.

I'm also considering Straight to VHS, which has all the requisite wacky hijinks plus dimensional doors.

scribd.com/document/349844123/Straight-to-Vhs-0-4-playtest-edition

Exalted would have been my first guess, but you'll have to work its original setting out and replace it with THE EVIL THAT IS AKU AND HIS GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS.

Pathfinder.

I put my hat into Feng Shui 2. The game already has time travel, gun-fu, kung-fu, supertech, magic, and robot gorilla super-soldiers.

Can GURPS support a ninja grinding up a mechas arm on a weaponized skateboard before lopping off its head with a scythe?

Yes, if you use the Ninja Skateboard Robot supplement.

Which is completely optional, so don't say it's too complicated!

It most certainly can. However, after going through the math and rules for it, you will never think of such a scene as "cool" or "fun" ever again.

GURPS is basically the system for people who look at spreadsheets all day at their work AND LIKE IT then come home to read more spreadsheets. Kind of like people who play farming simulators.

As someone that you just described perfectly. Yes, I think that's about accurate.

From what I remember of the show, I'd say Mutants and Masterminds can do all that, and has the about the same level of granularity for a PC as Samurai Jack has in regards to grittiness, risk of permadeath, etc.

There are tons of cinematic rules for GURPS though. It does gritty and cuhrazey equally well. And there are no spreadsheets involved.

>GURPS IDF is an actual thing
>this is sad

FATE. probably.

>FATE

Stay. Back.

... Usagi Yojimbo?

We're done here.

Usagi has no SciFi elements. Wouldn't work at all.

He goes to space a one time.

Wushu.

Someone should license a Samurai Jack system. It's actually fucking perfect for a generic system for "Gennedy" action cause Samurai Jack had EVERYTHING. Wanna play a Spartan? Go ahead. Want to play a dog man piloting a mechanic suit? Fucking do it! Want to ride a sea monster into battle while holding a massive mini gun? DO IT!

It'd be hard to make tho. It'd need the grittyness of a survival game coupled with the nutso-ness of Samurai Jack action scenes. I'd say you'd have two types of games, one where you're a squad of Sam Jack level power players and one where you eventually get to Jacks level.

Dungeons: the dragoning can be used to run damn near anything, and refluffing things isn't hard.

So Rifts but good?

It'd be pretty neat to play good guys who are badasses, but far below jack's level so you can have things to run away from.

Especially if you have some clear quest that Aku's minions keep getting in the way of.

Like you'd be hard enough to tear through little robots like it was no big deal, but things like massive robots and monsters, or assassins like Scaramouche haunt your dreams at night because of how thoroughly they would stomp your shit in a fair fight. And of course Aku himself is literally unbeatable to the PCs.

Pretty much.

qin: the warring state lightly modded or exalted second edition

>>Legends of the Wulin (but wither all the magitech?)
What makes you think you couldn't do magitech in LotW?

L5R
Or did you forget the shadowlands is reminiscent of Aku's Crash landing post fission from his greater self?

Savage Worlds got everything, especially with Savage Rifts.

FAE is always open for a more narrative approach, which the show does take on occasion.

Strike! is also kinda narrative, but lighter and has a pretty fun tactical combat system.

Hey now, I've spent my entire academic and professional life avoiding math as much as possible, and I like GURPS.

>Dawn Castle Solar VS Soulsteel Caste Alchemical dot gif