>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread:
How does this make you feel?

But user we were on page 5, is this really neccesary?

>How does this make you feel?
They aren't the same archetype and are not meant to replace one another.

>WotC adds one of the least interesting UA they've made and bitch-slaps Warlocks back to Eldritch blasting only
This UA was profoundly shitty

ordinarily i'd say
>nothing good happens past 330 posts and we're not going to run out of internet ink
but OP is an unfunny fag who posted this image like three times already in the last thread

No but they always do this. Probably just to lower the quality of the 5e threads over time.

>G-g-g-guys, knight wasn't meant as an evolution of cavalier! We can still get it!
Face it, Mearls hates 4e, and will not allow marks to appear in this game.

>make Conquest and Sheperd incredibly powerful
>put Warlock back in a hole

But my Watermellon Knight!

>bitch-slaps Warlocks back to Eldritch blasting only

How? I'm not seeing it.

Mearls is /ourguy/, this is all Perkins' doing.
You know it's him when every martial except Paladin gets the shaft and casters (which he considers Paladin to be an honoray member of) are boosted above and beyond them even further. Even Warlock is a reflection of this; he just shit on Bladelocks with this Smite change.

I could get in an enemy's face with a substandard Pact and burn a spell slot for damage and no extra effect as was present in the previous weapon invocations,
or I could drop a Fireball on their face and AoE other creatures as well from safety while firing all my other EBs

So is Xanathars guide going to just be a UA compilation +maybe some further reaching Lore?

What is this Dwarf's sorrow, /5eg/?
What is the woman's?
Why are they on the DMG page about trebuchets and diseases?

Nerfed smite damage, cut improved pact weapons and removed Cursebringer and the fey bow. The absurd 2d8 2 spell-slot damage made the choice viable.

They also removed pact restrictions on the EB invocations so EB spam got substantially better.

>Wizard: I cast Mage Armor when I wake up and Arcane Recovery while having breakfast
How do you prevent this?

Warlock Invocations/Maddening Hex:
Does this mean a 20 Cha Warlock gets a +5 per round if he damages a hexxed target? Isn't that insane for DPR?
Agonizing Blast damage + Hex Damage + Maddening Hex ? For example my 12 Warlock would do:

3d10 + 3x5 (Agonizing Blast) + 1d6 (Hex) + 5(Maddening Hex)

She's sick senpai

It says right in this UA that celestial replaces undying light. It doesn't say cavalier replaces knight. We're probably getting both if knight tested well. Knight mostly needed a formatting change because the Implacable Mark feature needs to be split up a bit even if it all stays at the same level.

>What is this Dwarf's sorrow, /5eg/
Probably 25 move speed. Also the fact that the race of supposedly great warriors is actually bad at being fighters.

>Dwarf

He can't help her because she's dying of a super plague

>Her

She's dying of a super plague and knows not even magic will help her.

>Why are they

Diseases

Yep, EB continues to eat up everything that could be good about the class.

You can literally see the wound in her belly.

She was pregnant. (early stage).

Now she's gonna die.

The woman is inconsolable because the dead goblin (lower right) frightened her, causing her to spill a chalice of non-alcoholic grape juice on her dress (note the stain). The Dwarf is preparing to snap her neck before her unstoppable wailing attracts more goblinoids and imperils the group of children he is leading out of the slave pens; he regrets this burden, but the younglings deserve a chance at life.

How do I make the blastier sorcerer at level 9? Archetype, spells, etc.

I guess it's spam time, fuck any flavour book of ancient secrets had, I'm swapping it

Druid became a summoner, good luck to anyone playing with one not making combat a mess.

Paladin became good against mooks, terrible against anything else.

Warlocks are just spammers with no-brainer invocations needed to become viable while they keep pumping cool invocations that nobody will ever pick over agonising blast.

And I meant 3d6 for Hex damage. GODDAMN

>Paladin
>Being terrible against anything
You could literally give them an archetype that gives them nothing, and they would still be decent.

What are some cool optimized lvl 15 builds.

Wizard.

Are you suggesting 17.5 + 15 + 10.5 + 5 = 48 damage is too much for a level 12 Warlock that exists to blast people?

Why would you? If they're using Recovery for a single level 1 slot, that means they're level 1 or 2 and need to do whatever they can to stay alive.

Besides, Mage Armor only lasts 8 hours. If something happens in the later part of the day, they'd have to cast it again.

No kidding. Its almost like forgot conquest paladins have smites and spells.

How would you build Odin, Thor, and Loki in 5e? I want to introduce them into my norse-themed campaign at around level 10 for the party to interact with and maybe travel briefly with. Loki and Thor I've got figured out decently, but I really don't know what to do with Odin.

Loki is obviously a College of Whispers Bard, with high charisma, intelligence, and dex, lower strength, wisdom, and con.

Thor is either 8 Tempest Cleric/2 Paladin or 5 Eldritch Knight/5 Tempest Cleric, with high strength, con, and okay other stats.

Odin I think is a toss up between Knowledge Cleric, Raven Queen Warlcok, and Lore Bard with high int, wis, and cha.

Any good ways to refine/streamline this?

It's still the best Warlock DPR, they killed Blade.

Also, 3d10 average is 16.5 and Maddening Hex can deal 5 to every creature in a 5 range of the target.

Don't build fucking gods as player characters. You could even not give them stats and do whatever you want to. All your players need to know for combat against a god at level 10 is "you lose"

I mean, I'm not sure how much damage other classes do, haven't really played anything 'till that level. 48 dpr sounds a lot for a cantrip, even if that's all I have. I do have 3 5lvl spells slots and a 6th lvl Utility spell. Also Rod of the Pact Keeper and Ring of Spell Storing. What do Wizards have at that point making them more damaging? I'm not asking sarcastically.

If Hexbringer doesn't get some crazy powerful shit come the book this fall Bladelocks as a whole are dead.

What's the highest AC I can get with a fighter?

Wizards aren't meant to blow everything up forever. Their AoEs are good but not constant, while Warlocks are acting as more fragile super-archer martials.

If a Wizard wants to kill everything in a room forever he just cheeses even non-combat spells in such a way as to end the fight immediately. They have oodles of utility that can be used creatively to break the game in a way that "I cast Eldritch Blast" or "I swing my sword" doesn't.

The class is designed around that cantrip. We've seen the loops WotC has been trying to jump to make Bladelock viable. Warlocks are more like martials than other casters on that aspect, you do consistent damage over all else.

You really shouldn't try and stat out gods as player characters. Find the most comparable boss in the DMG and use that as a basis.

21. Full Plate (18), Shield (+2), Defense Fighting Style (+1)
Increases after this point are dependant on finding items. +1 armor, +1 shield, a +1 ring or cloak.

Why do they continue to fuck up so hard and constantly leave casters as the most overpowered?

Dex-based Lizardfolk does it the same way (13 base AC + 5 Dex) with a shield and Mariner instead of Defense.

Because 3E irrevocably broke two generations of players.

Except now they are just shitty Paladins with less utility, slots and a far better playstyle sitting next to them in EB spam.

It's comical how bad they keep getting the shaft.

Perkins writes adventures not UA shit

Yes, that is what I meant in that post

Totally get that, but still, 48 DPR is high as fuck isn't it? Considering any spells and such. Fireball does what... 11d6 as 6th level spell? Still less. Sure has damage on a successful save as opposed to rolling against AC, but still less than getting 2 or 1 EBs on the target.
Is EB the most powerful spell with all those additions? Still, asking for real, I haven't played other classes

Stockholm syndrome is a bitch

Yes, user, every UA has literally been Mearls alone in a basement, accepting no input from anyone or even telling them that he's working on something. He just emerges from his hole every month and says "this is the way things are now" and everyone puts up with it because they fear his eldritch power.

I'm trying to figure out how to let my Paladin and Fighter players contribute as much to the game as the party cleric and sorcerer. It's kind of hard when the rules actively go against letting anyone that isn't a full caster do something interesting besides 'hit the enemy'.

I'm not really treating them as all-powerful deities in this campaign. The gods are more palpable and interactive in the world and walk among it, while my player's characters exist as lesser gods (and are variations of various lesser Norse deities). I'm trying to build them as player characters because there will be a story later in which my players can actually play them for a series of side-stories.

You shouldn't be comparing Eldritch Blast to spells. It's a weapon attack that just happens to be a cantrip.

Sharpshooter Fighters doing 1d8+15 * 3 are what you're comparing this to, and it doesn't take them investing nearly as many class features or set-up to do that.

You're gonna need more than 20 levels for it, then.

Anyone have advice for running a campaign with younger folks?

My brothers are 18, 14, 11, and a cousin is 13. They're all ultra-hyper and don't know shit about D&D.

Help.

You're joking, but if you were her for the 5e's playtest, you would know better.

Well now it's a weapon attack that flings fireballs, kills movement, pushes, pulls, and AoE's. Most at the same time.

>older than 10
That's old enough to play RPGs. Shit, I was playing a Shaman King FRPG at that age.

>Level 10 shepard druid
>Summon 16 giant bats with 30 health
>Heal them every round for 5 health
DM is going to love that

They're fine
That's just their Ruty "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo" Rutenberg is our DM face.

Make yourself not give a single fuck.

what the actual fuck are those numbers. where do they get all these from?

Odin being a warlock still doesn't make sense on several different levels. Just homebrew something instead of trying to fit a square peg on a round hole, if you insist on statting them as PCs

I used to run 10 man games in malls its very easy to get these kids to cooperate if you recognize its not going to be a 3 hour session

granted at least at the game store you know the kids had enough interest to beg their parents to show up every week so there was that going for me.
remember that the world WILL be shaped by them and in so doing will be a somewhat childish world even in a serious campaign. Dont feed into it but let it happen to some extent.
remember KISS
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

have an idea for where the story is going to go, dont give them a sandbox right off the bat.
if you are going to let them build their own characters (not always a bad idea) ask them what their characters did before becoming adventurers and what they would do if they had a million gold. this sorta gets rid of a lot of sloppy playing by forcing them to at least think about their character with some depth.
aside from that, just roll with it man its going to be clunky but if you dont get frustrated its going to be a lot of fun too.
they dont have the same expectations of some of us older guys so a halfway decent job will really leave an impression on them.

Your Paladin already has utility magic and high Charisma, which puts him in a good place to do shit to begin with.

Letting the Fighter contribute is as simple as pretending this is an 80s action movie and that everything he attempts doesn't need a roll. Just tell him he succeeds. Kicking down a door? Done, he's got at least 18 Strength, why would you even question whether he could do that? Leaping that chasm? Forget the Athletics checks and the jump distance rules, he clears it because he's a fucking badass who works out all day in heavy armor. Scrambling to catch the flying MacGuffin? He can attack twice as much as anyone else, he's got the reaction speed of a pistol shrimp.

Recall that in early D&D, Fighters who reached 9th level were automatically so fucking awesome and renowned that people from all over the country showed up on his doorstop begging to suck his dick and be trained. They'd drop everything to help him build a fucking castle. Meanwhile, Wizards had trouble finding the components to make a few shitty homonuculi to help them with their mud brick two story tower.

All pure martials are Legolas in the movies, they're John Carter of Mars, they're Conan, they're Snake Plisskin or Jack Burton or literally any Bruce Willis character.

>knight wasn't meant as an evolution of cavalier

It wasn't, you retard.

Cavaliers are mounted combatants.

Knights are battlefield tanks.

>bad at being fighters
?

Longbow (1d8) + 5 Dex damage + Sharpshooter's 10 damage, times three attacks since the other user was talking about a level 12 Warlock who had three rays.

Free profs for weapon, armor and shit speed.

He's either "STR is a shitty stat" memeing or referring to Mountain Dwarf's racials being completely redundant for martial classes that already receive proficiency in everything they offer by default.

>Boosts to stats are meaningless, since fighter will max strength and constitution almost instantly
>Wasted armor proficiency, wasted weapon proficiency
>25 speed is a fucking killer, literally. My party can never retreat from combat, because it would mean leaving me to my death.

Well this UA just pissed on my parade for my upcoming Hexblade campaign.

Just use the older version

Yeah that was me. Goddamn thats so nasty

Not up to me, DAM is already saying he's going with the new.

they're out of booze

It would take a Mountain Dwarf Fighter three ASIs to max his Strength and Con, during which he gets no other useful feats but straight stat increases. And that's assuming he dumps everything into 15 Str and Con at creation so he can do a +1/+1, +2, and +2 by level 8. That's pretty much most of the campaign right there.
What are you talking about?

Also, just take a fucking Dash action you nonce. 5-10 feet doesn't mean shit in the grand scheme of things, and if your table is using granular stats for fucking everything your party also can't stealth anywhere ever or track overland or get the Wizard up the fucking rope. Don't be a ding dong and use group averages instead.

I've played three Dwarves so far and none of them have had any problem retreating, solo or as a group. In fact, I was the only one in the party who survived a kiting battle at low level against orcs, during which I threw just about everything in my backpack and started picking up fucking rocks to defend myself.

>Also, just take a fucking Dash action you nonce.
>implying monsters can't also take dash action

>Dwarf Fighter/ShadowMonk
>fastest party member despite wearing heavy armor and not getting bonus Monk speed
>challenge nobles to horse races and win on foot

Well, now they're not attacking, so kill them. Do you not have ball bearings and caltrops? What the fuck are you doing playing a martial (and a smart-ass tactical Dwarf besides) and not filling your backpack with goodies to help out in any situation?

Then you have a shit DM, and should quit.

Alternatively, play EB Spamming Sorlock and ruin his life.

I need a character for Adventurer's League, give me some ideas.

Variant Human, Paladin, Polearm Master.

Have fun.

>Well, now they're not attacking, so kill them
Wow, user, you're so clever. Here's how your genius plan will look like in action.
>I dash 50 feet.
>My party dashes 60 feet.
>Enemies dash 60 feet
>In about a round, I am 20 feet away from my retreating party, surrounded by enemies and with no chance to escape
>Dude caltrops lmao

>the enemies are now all clustered around you
>you open your bag of holding and climb inside
>your party throws fireballs
You're so bad at this game.

>wizard can cast grease to cover party's retreat
>ranger can cast expeditious retreat
>wizard can cast wall of [fire, force, water, etc]
>martials can drop caltrops, ball bearings, use the environment, etc
That's just off the top of my head. Sorry you aren't creative user.

Well memed, my friend.

Not him, but dude, stop trying to save face

>play dwarf fighter
>take mobile feat because i'm not retarded
>can dash 70 feet in a round

This isn't much different from any other retreat. The party still needs to do something to add a gap, otherwise
>party dashes 60 feet
>enemies all take reaction attacks against them as they leave
>enemies dash 60 feet to catch up
>party dashes 60 feet
>enemies all take reaction attacks against them as they leave again
Repeat forever until you're dead. It doesn't matter if your melee character is slower than or as fast as the enemy, he's going to eat opportunity attacks every time.

>Using your action, when you're running for your life
Hope you enjoy being dead

>tfw +2 Str instead of +1 frees up an ASI for something like that

read

Ideally the guy using an action is already ahead of the party and the enemies when you all decide to retreat, otherwise you're all fucked because

YOU NEED TO TAKE GWM OR YOU AREN'T DOING ENOUGH DAMAGE!

But.. but, if he's a Demilich, why does he have a body?