What's the most brazilian setting you can think of?

What's the most brazilian setting you can think of?

Other urls found in this thread:

historicmysteries.com/hy-brasil-the-other-atlantis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

soccer field?

Brazil

The Hues down in Hueville

/thread

Planet of the Apes

You're thinking of Argentina.

Brasilia. A Star-Wars esque planet that, for whatever reason, uses pod-racer style cars to get between the various cities that are seperated by Jungles. It is difficult to get to because it's in a nebula, and has a ridiculously high crime rate. Thanks to the podracers being used as standard vehicles, huge, deadly traffic collisions are constant.

The high crime rate, high humidity, difficulty of travel, and indifference of podracer drivers makes Brasilia an unpopular destination for trade or tourism even though the environment outside of the cities is incredibly beautiful.

Germany, 1945

Hy-Brasil. Spoiler: it's Irish.

historicmysteries.com/hy-brasil-the-other-atlantis/

>SOPA

I've played an AdEva game set in future brazil. EVAs were soccer playing robots made to bring money into brazil, but the stadium made to fit them completely ruined the surrounding area, and it ended up being a major slum.

Lots of political unrest bc of giant robot soccer, was fun.

This poster is Brazilian.

ha

This is pretty Brazilian

This is alao very Brazilian
Its power creep is a bit of a problem, but as a self contained setting its fine.

Many moons ago I did brainstorm for a brazil-esque world in Fading Suns*.

Aside from the name (Acaju) I THINK the idea was some kind of laidback agricoltural planet. You go to the cities and are mostly safe (it wasn't even particulary favelas-heavy), but the interior is some high level of feudalism even for the setting. Basically war is the new normal, but you have to play by the rules: no heavy tech, play fair but play hard, etc.
Rest was basically IRL candomblé, probably relatively integrated with the church (FS basically has the catholic church of the later middle ages in spaaaaace for religion).

I think there was something else, but might be wrong. Maybe I just wanted a nice, even tourist-friendly, backward planet (I know Vera Cruz kinda is already). Or a less puritanical planet for the Li Halan.

*=tl;dr Dune, but multicultural and something of a swiss-knife of a setting, you do basically any kind of adventure you can think, execpt really heavy fantasy adventures.

The last Judge Dredd and/or Elysium movies were "Brazil 100 years from now". The megacity architecture looks like a grander and soulless version of Niemeyer's style. The significant change to Elysium was that the rich guys wouldn't live in a space station. They would live inside the megablocks and the rest would pile up around and outside those. Travel between the megablocks would be through helicopters, flying cars and cable cars. Kids would watch the abstract paintings made by the slum-plains below from the last one.

The administrative offices in the lower levels of the megablocks would be a mess of pipe networks, smuggling and the ridiculous bureocraucy of the movie "Brazil". I'm serious.

Tinha uma história em quadrinhos de um Brasil assim, com uma gangue chamada "Ratos" tentando mudar as coisas. Não lembro o nome da história, e não consegui achar na internet.

TL;DR: Judge Dredd with the rich inside the skycrapers + Elysium + Brazil the movie.

Universal Century Gundam. The Earth Federation's Military Headquarters of Jaburo was in the heart of huehueland.

That looks andinian, which is Incan.

This.

Probably Catachan.

Catachan is Rambo+Australia

Well the book covers all of SA

Depends on how much a Brazilian is.

SOPA DE MACACO
I don't understand /lat/ memes, but I sure do love them

>You go to the cities and are mostly safe

That's not brazilian at all.

Let me try again.

Do you know of perro caca?