Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Competently made Edition.

>Previous Thread
(Cross-thread)

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

first for Skitarii have been cast to the winds

Second for the new titan meta

Third for tell me about any games of 8th you've played.
Is it better than 7th? Why? Are the armies more balanced?
Also, what army do you play and what combos/units are you enjoying using in 8th?
Batreps welcome

4th for Ynnari is still OP edition

>On being called out on not including Orkz, they said that they "forgot" them

I mean they did say they'll stream one with them now after the others, but being an Ork guy is suffering, it's bad enough being ignored or shit on, but completely and utterly forgotten? Just sad.

>Tyranids VS Deathwatch
FLUFFY

Dark Eldar vs Knights

rip in pepperonis emo space faggots

Thank FUCK we get to watch Space Marines play four fucking times though...

I swear to god those Warhammer TV clowns are the most unprofessional twats ever

>Custodes vs Guard
why

So what's this I keep hearing about the Imperium being split in two by a warp rift thing?

>Cruddace interview
>before GSC match

fuck off and read the community site you tedious cunt, no spoon feeding for you

One day Orks will be relevant.

One day.

From my test dice rolling, Dunecrawler gunlines seem completely brutal. Three of them is about 450 points and is regularly scoring OTK on shit like Land Raiders and Rowboat Girlyman if I can actually get a shot at him. They just tear though all the shit equally. Arquebi are doing an excellent job at picking off lesser characters, too. Obviously this isn't in a full game environment, just throwing dice to get a feel of things, but the "targeted annihilation" strategy is good and strong.

>Classified interview

10 bucks says it's Ward

>Google

Welcome to the Ork Boyz edition

How do I make this list viable? Limited by models owned.

VANGUARD DETACHMENT

HQ
Commander Shadowsun [167]

Elite
Riptide w/ ATS and Drone Controller [317]

Fast Attack
Marker Drones x4 [56]

Total Points = 1491

armed with what? Neutrons?

Also seem to have forgotten about Adepta Ministorum or whatever the fuck they rolled the SOB into.

I ran tripple neutron dunecrawlers with a dominus twice yesterday, and I can attest to this.

Game one, they blew up the swarmlord and two flying hive tyrants before my opponent realized how killey they were and threw everything at them

Game two, they destroyed 3 maulerfiends and nurgle HQs.

They are brutal.

Five.
Aww damn, missed Goodwin.

Why not?

>SOB
hahahahahha faggot

Not sure I can get behind fielding more Boyz on the table.

It's nice to see they're viable now, but that isn't something I'm used to seeing or putting on the table.

anywhere to watch the custodes game?

Rate my 100 power list please. Just a fluffy list I've made, I'm new to the game.

It represents a strand of Hive Fleet Kraken that fought the Ultramarines so much they absorbed their power. The Hive Mind sensing that the Ultramarines were the most superior of not just the Space Marines but all life forms adapted themselves to attempt to emulate them.

>Guilliman 18
>Marneus Calgar 13
>Swarm Lord 15

>Tiggy librarian 7
>Tyrannic war vets 5

>Intercessor squad 6
>Intercessor squad 6
>Tartaros terminator Squad 13

>Exocrine 11
>Zoanthropes 6

Plans to use the swarm lords hive commander ability to boost Guilliman into combat as quickly as possible. Likewise Guilliman let's the swarm lords reroll hits and wounds.
Venomthropes provide cover to infantry which advance to take objectives.
Zoeys and tiggy provide psyker support. Tartaros terminators deep strike in to do some damage.

>tfw I can finally take a knight and not feel like an ass.

Detachment - 51 PP

Captain in Gravis Armour (1) - 7pwr
1 Inceptor: Master-crafted power sword,Boltstorm gauntlet

Primaris Lieutenants (2) - 8pwr
2 Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted auto bolt rifle,Bolt pistol

Intercessor Squad (5) - 6pwr
1 Intercessor Sergeant
4 Intercessor

Intercessor Squad (5) - 6pwr
1 Intercessor Sergeant
4 Intercessor

Primaris Ancient (1) - 4pwr
1 Primaris Ancient: Bolt rifle,Bolt pistol

Hellblaster Squad (5) - 10pwr
1 Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma incinerator
4 Hellblaster: Plasma incinerator

Hellblaster Squad (5) - 10pwr
1 Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma incinerator
4 Hellblaster: Plasma incinerator
Rate mates.

Twitch if you've a sub, otherwise no.

It's like a pavlovian response. You've been conditioned, user.

If I squirted out a fat log of shit onto the table, what unit in 40k could I substitute that as?

No

Great Unclean One ofc

You got a call user

Eh.

I'm used used to things like lootas, burnas, flash gitz, bikers and walkers. They actually shot and or krumped better than boyz did in the previous edition.

That being said, how are Storm Boyz and Tank Bustas now?

Yeah, Neutron Lasers. They certainly seem to be devouring everything in their path, and means they seem to keep this up on the tabletop. I'll try the Icarus out now, but I'm seriously feeling that a backline firebase with 3 Crawlers, Cawl and either some Destroyers or a Datasmith/Kastelan maniple would be a hell of a backline, since the big weakness of the Kastys is low BS and it would be nice to reroll those damage-halving 2s To Hit. I also want Sniper Rangers, since they seem to also be doing serious work, but that would be about a 1200 pt deathball, and doesn't leave much to advance. Although Dragoons are cheap, so maybe three individual ones to advance and harass and tie up the shooty and then many many Vanguard just to W+M1 forwards and draw fire. If you need supporting punch, take an Infil squad and an Enginseer-Servitor unit for what I believe is a full 2.5k Brigade, although HQ taxes get properly prohibitive at that point and there doesn't really seem to be a way around needing two or three 150pt Domini at that level.

rules wise:
riptide
looks wise:
taurox prime

Fuck

Babycarrier

So we all agree that T"''a'u'" are the new shit tier army?

Has someone count how many points each of Dark Imperium army has? I'm thinking about start playing 40k and it would be really handy if I could use them in 1000 pts games

>Orks are bullied in 7th and hordes are poo
>make an 1850 Ork list with a total of 20 Ork models
>8th comes and I can no longer include my Looted Wagons and Imperial Knight
>but hordes are good

Should have just played horde, lad.

kek

its about 950 points per side

Who here has played 8th so far? I've gotten a few games in against my gf's space wolves. It certainly is easy to teach. Also she likes Tyranids because they look like dragons.

false, primaris points are wrong on the starter sheets

My Orks vs my wifes proxied Necrons (just got her a get started set as a result of this game).

Very easy to teach a basic game and she enjoyed it greatly.

It's probably the Frontline Gaming guys

Vostroyan 8e list- now base on points rather than powerlevel!

1 × company commander
2 x primaris psykers
3 x platoon commander
3 x commissar
1 x command squad w/company standard, vox, and lascannon
8 x infantry squad w/grenade launcher and vox caster
2 x heavy weapon squad w/ heavy bolters
2 x heavy weapon squad w/ mortars
1 x heavy weapons squad w/ lascannons
3 × squadron of 3 scout sentinels w/ missile launchers and HK missiles

Clocking in at 1474. Probably sprinkle some memey shit like bolt pistols for the sgts in to bring it to a nice round 1500.

The Forgeworld index may have you covered there. Their old Dreadmob army list had such a low model count that Grey Knights could almost outnumber them.

> and Imperial Knight

Why not?

>gf
>wife

ree, normies, etc etc etc

Yeah, but we're used to this shit, orks are a real army with a full codex and plastic models.

I have 180 Boyz painted that have been mostly languishing in my cupboard once the glory days of 5th ended.

I am prepared for 8th.

CAWL IS A HERETEK

GUILLIMAN IS A XENOSLOVER

IMPERIUM BTFO

CHAOS RULZ OK

Can confirm this. Keep a techpriest Dominus nearby for field repairs, because your opponent will throw everything he has at the crawlers.

I ran some destroyers with grav and flamers alongside them. They're pretty great at erasing armored units, and their flamers means they never worry about getting charged.

It feels good being IG.

How do you even get your bitches to play? SO says she wants Harlequinns for the longest time but hasn't gotten around or even come close to getting started.

>Black library literally justifying Chaos

Playing my third game of 8th tonight Veeky Forums - pretty excited.The first two have gone well, time to test my Eldar again.

I've played 5 games so far.
I've played a 1000pt game that took an hour
two 1500pt games that took an hour and a a half to 2 hours (the second one was all melee armies in combat from bottom of turn 1)
and a 2000pt game with a lot of combat that took 2:45.

Its so much faster than 7th. Its a lot simpler than 7th. it still plays a lot like 7th.
On paper, things look more balanced.

overall: good.

Chaosfag, pls. Contain yourself or I'm gonna deep strike in your deployment zone.

W-why would they care I was a sub? And how would they even know?

Basically just got her into the universe through reading books, long rants about how insane the universe is and how funny Orks are, and got her to develop an interest in an army.

We play board games together, her favourite game is Gears of War, so I just convinced her to give 40K a try as it uses similar mechanics like moving models and dice rolling (coupled with a speech about how she can play out all those awesome stories she loves to hear me go on about) and one thing lead to another.

So how many points the starter set army has?

I've played 3 games so far - all at 2k against my very competitive meta and so far we're having a blast. Had a chance to watch probably 3 more games as well - seen a fair chunk of armies played - nothing seems overtly terrible either which is nice.

You can only watch Warhammer Live recordings if you're subscribed. Live is A-OK.

You're about as funny as stale oatmal.

my weekly check in. any fulgrim leaks yet?

I got my wife to paint up my Flashgitz with nail polish. It was smooth sailing from there.

Have you tried dating someone with asperger's and a crippling need to please you?

>trying to insult a sub
That's going to backfire, user

>against Howling Griffons

Even if there was noone will tell a lazy sack of shit.

Chill, I want EC as much as anyone, but we haven't even seen the Death Guard stuff proper yet.

hot

And that's just Turn 1.

Rate

>Swarmlord
Stopped reading there/10

What kind of idiot would leave you space for a deployment zone deepstrike turn 1 these days?

eh i'd let you play it as a looted knight.

Just ask your opponents before hand.

also stop bringing this up. it reflects poorly on you, if it is you who keeps bringing it up every thread.

>20 genestealers
>no broodlord

>This webcomic
>Used in this way
I have to admit, I smirked. The guy's been feminist-preachy for fucking ever now.

There's an army builder out already?

One who hides in all the terrain

needs more vehicles. or more dedicated anti-tank.

How many fucking times are you going to post this?

Or perhaps every nid list looks the same already.

You don't. Nobody will play against this list.

950 for the Blueberries, 850 for the Snot Marines.

I absolutely would. Killing it in two turns would be super satisfying after living through 7e.

actually, it's a shit list since only 1 model in it has weapons.
so all you need to do is sit on objectives with more models and slowly whither them suits down/tarpit them

No, that's a different list if this is the same guy I'm thinking of. Tyranid lists just always look samey to non-nid players for some reason. In my experience they always have a hard time telling apart different monstrous creatures and weapons.

No it's the same fucking guy every time

We're gonna make it fit in there.

No they don't. Normal Nid players wouldn't touch Tyrant Guard or the Swarmlord.

Do we have any scans or pics of pic related already?

>mawlocs modelled as mawlocs get called trygons
>retards try to tell me that swarmy's bonesabres only ID on a 6
>Taufag calls miasma cannon broken
>after tabling my horde with three models
It's like you have to want to be bullied to still play nids.