sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Archive of Shitposting:
What was the best dungeon you've ever played? What's a dungeon idea you'd like to see in a future game?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for huge milky npc centaur jugs

Anons, I'm trying to convert the Hellbred from 3.5's Fiendish Codex II into a 5e race. How overpowered is this first draft?

5e Hellbred:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Normal
Damned and Forsaken: You are Immune to Fear and the Frightened condition. However, because your soul is damned, you cannot be affected by a Raise Dead spell: restoring you to life requires a Resurrection spell.
Findish Mien: You have Proficiency in Intimidation.
Infernal Aspect: Choose either the Tainted Soul or Corrupted Body aspect. Your remaining racial traits are determined by this choice.

Corrupted Body:
Ability Score Modifer: +2 Constitution
Filled With Corruption: You have Resistance to Poison damage, Immunity to the Poisoned condition, and Advantage on saving throws against disease.

Tainted Soul:
Ability Score Modifier: +2 Charisma
Whispers of Damnation: You can communicate telepathically with one creature that you can see within 30 feet.

Can't find anything in Google or Sage Advice, so I'll ask here.
If a barbarian uses a Finesse weapon (for some ungodly reason) do they add their Rage Bonus to it?

Started a new group and they're loot maniacs. They search constantly for money laying around, grab all of the basic armor and weapons from any dead body, and they do this as a PRIORITY!

For example, I was introducing a PC monk by having them meet him mid-combat in the basement of the mansion they were at. I told them they heard combat happening down there after they beat a minor encounter and had a npc guard run down there to guide them down there. What do they do instead? They LOOT.

They searched every body, collected every single thing off of them, and threw down potions over a real life span of 15 minutes. I had the monk roll a D.C. 10 after every attempt to loot something new to decide if he was taking damage. Thank God he rolled well and took almost no damage, but they're addicted to focusing the entire game on loot.

How do I curb this greed? They know they'll get enough wealth through the adventure, but they won't stop. Please help.

If you're using Dexterity for AB and damage, no, you don't get the Rage bonus.

But you can use Finesse weapons in a non-finessed way. You can make Strength-based attacks with a Rapier and get your Rage bonus if you want.

If they use strength to attack, yes.

Mimics.
Cursed items.

Y'all got any fun dungeon tables to roll on?

>immunity to being poisoned AND frightened
that's too much

>whispers of damnation
sounds way too strong in my opinion

Why is immunity to both Poisoned and Frightened too much, especially given the drawback that in a low-level game, death for you is permanent?

Also, why is Whispers of Damnation so strong? It's literally the same ability as the Ghostwise Halflings, only without the Brave and Lucky traits to back it up.

Have the mooks store their loot in forms that aren't obvious, like valuable carvings and objects'd art.

Why did they change the Druid's Wolf Spirit Bond to a Unicorn? They both do the exact same thing.

Regarding?

Put 'em in a crypt.
Disturbing bodies only makes a bunch of fucking ghosts and skeletons pop up and wreck their shit.
Trying to hock the doodads in the nearest town doesn't go well because everyone recognizes them as bearing the seal of the noble family that owns the whole area and
A) they actually like those guys, so it gets the fuzz on the party's ass real fast for graverobbery, or
B) those items were interred in a holy place to suppress a curse because the family dicked around with demons, and now the curse is running wild and pouring monsters everywhere and the living members of the family have turned into huge assholes who ruin everyone's life

Just in general. Good to have a few lying around.

Alright, thanks lads.

How good are Pact of Chain warlocks? The improved familiar seems like it wouldn't get better at later levels.

>You are carrying too much shit
>You now move slower
>You are carrying way too much shit
>You now have disadvantage

>If a barbarian uses a Finesse weapon (for some ungodly reason)
It's called a barbarogue and it's real.

You got it in one.

Anyone else think they nerfed cloak of flies too hard?

And what about Ghostly Gaze? Why would I ever waste an invocation on that?

>Why is immunity to both Poisoned and Frightened too much?

Because being immune to too much is boring. It takes away options from the DM to make combat more interesting. Ever fought against a Rakshasar as a Mage? The same applies to PCs

>especially given the drawback that in a low-level game, death for you is permanent?

that's not really a drawback, it's just a bit of flavor, that at worst may piss a player off, because he's losing his char. It doesn't make the char itself any weaker - neither in combat nor in social interaction

>Also, why is Whispers of Damnation so strong? It's literally the same ability as the Ghostwise Halflings, only without the Brave and Lucky traits to back it up.

Because it's literally a Warlock feature and I think that's too strong for a race feature. I also wouldn't allow Ghostwise Halflings

>Warlocks were happy for once that they could do something beyond EB spam
>Print new shit that buffs EB while nerfing everything not EB
Should have listened when people said just play a Paladin.

5e was cool about giving us a list of these in the PHB
Most used table in the book desu

Moonbow killed the Blade.

>Fiendsigh Vigor
>You can cast false life on yourself at will as a 1st-level spell, without expending a spell slot or material components.

>Shroud of Shadow
>You can cast invisibility at will, without expending a spell slot.

So, is it cast at 5th slot level or what?

Reasons not to give my rogue this?

1d2 damage with no possibility of dmg modifiers

It's crafted from materials that wouldn't exist in pre-industrial setting.
If you're just gonna handwave it because magic, sure, go ahead.

I've been outta the loop for a while, actually DMing is a lot harder than I thought, but what are you talking about?

This UA media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf ?

For the third time buddy, fuck off to pfg with that shit.

More like multiclassing and WotC being too retarded to add "you can only use Warlock spell-slot to smite"

Bow was really strong, but they shouldn't have killed the entire archtype over it or their short-sightedness. It's baffling they gutted blade and in the same UA buffed the shit out of one of the most complained about features in the game.

You just have to keep it on until you're about to take a rest.

>"you can only use Warlock spell-slot to smite"
They did add that.

But they also lowered the damage.

Go shoot yourself, shithead. Fuck off back to the 40K general if you can't handle the idea that people play things other than humans.

I asked this last thread and only got memes + 1 real answer. On a stone sorcerer, which should I try to get to 20 first, Str, Con, or Cha?

Pretty much this. It would be weak as fuck, it would get in the way of wielding anything properly in that hand and you wouldnt be able to get it off quickly.

CHA you cunt. Almost always you want your main skill to 20 first.

Not magic, but obviously very advanced mechanics.
So there'd be a single blueprint, well hidden by a league of assassins. And the only one who can make them is the gnome that invented it, who the assassins also claim.

Now it is a paladin smite that knocks adult dragons prone, though.

Yeah, needed to be one or the other not both. Shit is ruined for everyone now.
UA today invalidated what you posted, the original Hexblade was viable as shit.

>What was the best dungeon you've ever played?
This one haunted house adventure our GM put together. It was better then most regular dungeons because every area had to make logical sense in a house and we could recognize what each room was actually for, so the building actually made sense to us rather then being an endless series of hallways and chambers filled with traps and monsters.

The dungeon itself wasn't particularly large, but the entire adventure was very Resident Evil-like as we had to keep solving puzzles and unlocking new parts of the manor before we could finally decode exactly what had happened there and escape.

At 2 slots with a way worse base class. I am not denying the prone states power, but I feel it's overstated and doesn't make up for what they lost. Look at the EB invocations, you can push, pull, or stop movement just for hitting zero slots used. EB is way way better now.

I need help deciding which character to run, I've been dead even on which to go for a couple weeks now and I gotta decide in a couple days. I'm just gonna say background in a nutshell to save everyone's time. I have no idea what the rest of the party is going to be.

Aasimar paladin of bane with a big might=right shtick or a human battlemaster folk hero who knows absolutely nothing about how the world works aside from farming and his talent with a polearm. They are both incredibly racist to all goblins.

Stop fucking trying to change 5e into another Pathfinder with your donutsteel shit you edgy tumblrite faggot.

The people that replied to the last Warlock UA probably theorycrafted so hard the multiclassing that they shot down the entire concept to appease them.

Old Cloak of Flies
Fiendlock, 5 damage

New Cloak of Flies
5th level, Charisma modifier damage, once per short rest.

Those are both shit so it doesn't matter.

Considering a short/mid-long campaign meant to be more of an extended one-shot than full campaign over the summer. Thoughts and ideas for encounters? I only have a beginning and end in mind.

>Obviously ripped off from Dark Souls, though most of the players are big Dark Souls fags so I'm sure they'll appreciate it
>Players have the option to pick a character they feel died "unjustly" in a previous campaign or make a new one (Regardless, they're dead and in not-purgatory- everyone gets a modified Revenant subrace for free)
>Wake up in not-Undead Asylum at level 1, no memories at all
>Wander around and eventually fight the level 1 miniboss, get back basic memories of who they were and given their plot hook- there's a big-ass tower. If you get to the top, you can return to life
>Long (Abridged due to few encounters, maybe 2 sessions) trek across bleak ash desert, get to big mystery tower, at level 3 at this point and have all their lifetime memories back
>Each floor is a Dungeon in it's own, some being underground, some appearing to be outdoors (Rather than xp or milestones, doing a simple 1 level per floor)
>Floor 21 is the rooftop, where they'll speak to and fight an Avatar of a LN Life/Death God who runs this particular plane, if they win they get returned to the material plane alive

>Sticks to Snakes
>1st level spell
>1 min concentration
>V.S.M (Varies)
At 1st level you get 3 Poisonous Snakes, or 1 Flying Snake, or 1 Constrictor Snake. Flavor/Components are 3 Sticks or 1 Arrow, or 1 Quarterstaff.
Gives more at other spell slots, at 3rd you can use a faggot to get a Swarm of Poisonous Snakes.

Because of the revised UA with summoner Druid, I wanted non 3rd level summon spells. Summoners are probably the sorest spot I've ever seen here. Is it balance (DPR)? Is it slowdown (clunky initiative)? Is it something else? I want to mitigate the issues that can be answered.

How do I Red Mage?

bard.

Multiclassing ruined Warlocks.

>Is it slowdown (clunky initiative)? Is it something else?

Yes because it's summoning something that should have stayed minimal.

eldritch Knight or Elven Blademage out of sword coast.

Or, the obvious one, Bard.

Is his name Wez, and does he have a red mohawk?

It's literally just a hand crossbow but wrist-mounted.

Don't forget the ASSLESS CHAPS

Just ignore him.
It's mentally healthier for you.

So if you were going to have other summon spells, they wouldn't be like the ones that start with potentially 8, and scale to 16 with other slots. They'd start with 1, and summon a better singular monster with other slots.

>new UA didn't fix the Warlock invocations that let you smite for 2d8 per spell level, essentially a super smite

So they're just gonna leave cursebringer and shit like that? Seems too powerful.

If I go bard, would Valor or Sword be better?

So what are confirmed subclasses for XGE and what are strong hints through stream of anihalation?

Confirmed
>Cavalier
>Inquisitive
>Horizon Guardian

Featured in the Stream
>Grung player race
>Barbarian Storm Herald

Fucking cavalier. Its so bad.

New invocations are meant to replace the old, Cursebringer is pretty much in limbo until the book later in the year.

The Weeping Colossus in Princes of the Apocalypse was pretty fucking cool. A good mix of environmental hazards, puzzles, ambiance, and a really neat boss fight against a fire prophet, a red dragon, and potentially the Elemental Prince of Flame. One of the best boss fights I've run.

I'd like to see some kind of high level dungeon/campaign. Not that I would ever want to *run* a game past level 12 or so, but I need to know that it's actually possible to *write* material for players at that level. My group of level 11 players eat liches for breakfast. What the hell would I throw at level 16 players, much less 20?

Wait, what? Grung as a playable race? Are you sure?

I'm a shitty DM who needs maps to help me.

What are some good utilities for making maps? Tiamat is nice but oy vey, and someone suggested Pyromancer but it seems incredibly basic.

No, which is why "featured" was separated from "confirmed"

Nah I have hand crossbows larger than that, since the "light" crossbow is a pretty big crossbow, while the heavy is fuckhuge.

A lot of strong enemies at once. I'm running a campaign that has reached higher levels already, an example end-of-dungeon bossfight at 14th level was a buffed Marilith (with OP legendary actions), 3 glabrezu (though one came late) and 4 vrocks.

Huh... I have no idea how that'd work if it turns out to be true. But, hey, if Xanathar's includes some new PC race options, that's always a good thing.

My guess is the last two UAs have been about doing a second on some subclasses, which'll then get redone again for XGE.

Hmmm, I was considering a demon/devil campaign somewhere down the line. You don't get bogged down with too many actions per round?

a hand crossbows normal range is 30 ft, if you rule a hand crossbow is much bigger than what the pic he shared was then you should increase its range

HAHAHAHA WARLOCKS GOT KEKED AGAIN

The real question is...How do I Blue Mage?

If they're not all different types of enemies, handling ~10 is usually manageable. Though your mileage may vary, I try to resolve combat very quickly.

see

FF11 Blue Mages are the best kind

I would love to resolve combat quickly, but my players are all pretty casual and take forever to make decisions. Do you use any rules/timers to keep things moving?

>be first time DM
>the adventure starts with the PCs being contestants on The Bachelor/Bachelorette show of the world
>people tune in via scrying mirrors (basically TVs)
>the person they're trying to marry gets kidnapped
>the party decides to save her, for several reasons (winning her heart, money, fame)

I'm kind of stumped for what to do next. I want this adventure to be a globe trotting kind of thing, and I want to involve political intrigue along with the idea that basically everyone knows who they are. It's a sort of light hearted, tongue in cheek kind of world, but the guys I play with seem really into it.

How do I deal with a summoner?
>Summons 16 fucking wolves
>spends 5 mins a turn until I manage to break their concentration
>does it again

sounds like a memetier faggot liberal campaign

Action economy is the reason that summoning should not be a thing.

Nah, I just shout and threaten to skip their turn if they take too long, it's usually enough especially since they're all relatively proficient at the game.

>Blue Mage
>Bard
I guess I kind of see it with Magical Secrets. But beyond that, not really. I feel like a Blue Mage needs to beable to see/experience a spell and learn/copy it.

Base it off one of those old cartoons (the Karate Kid cartoon comes to mind) where they're always right on the kidnappers asses, chasing them to !notChina, then !notHawaii, then !notWhereever, and always manage to thwart some evil scheme that the villains lay out, while never quite rescuing the princess. Or if they do well enough to rescue her earlier than you'd like, then it's a clone, a robot, an evil twin, she was the villain all along, some twist. Just give them some macguffin to teleport/fast travel, and vary up the setting each week - urban to wilderness, desert to tundra to jungle, etc...

AoE the fuck out of them.

that's just RP, don't pick spells you haven't seen.

Stop asking how to do dumb shit when you know you can't do it without homebrew

Yeah... some of my players might be idiots... over a year and some still ask how to roll initiative...

>pathfinder
>can't stand playing things other than humans
What did he mean by this?

Xanathar's Guide to Everything sounds fucking retarded.

I know what you mean, but it's more like a reason to be wary instead of "not a thing". Summon spells take an action to cast, they required concentration. One CR 2 creature giving it's additional actions are never usually the problem, it's 5e's monster health/damage scaling, and 8 wolves outdamaging most other spells you might use your action, and concentration for.
Abusing the economy lets this be possible, but it's the extreme it's taken to (weak monster x8) that leads to the normal summon spells being a black sheep in 5e.

First off, consider asking them too. Like, personally say, 'this is silly and slowing the game down and making it a lot less interesting to GM'.

Encumbrance rules. Perhaps be a bit more lax than the default ones, but let them feel the weight of all the cruft.

Make time matter to them as well. Have some sort of contextual feedback within the game whenever they take too long (though if you rolling so much didn't tip them off then this might not do much).

Remember (or remind them) that scavenged loot like second-hand armor only gets 1/2 the normal value *at most*. Don't hesitate to chop that in half again if you decide it's in exceptionally bad condition.
Combine that with some degree of weight-tracking and they'll probably stop.

Or, you could make it easier and cut to the chase. And the end of the next encounter you could do something like this: "You waste a half-hour and find 100 lbs. worth of junk that you might get 50 gold for if you're lucky; with all the rest of your gear you'll only move at half-speed with it. Also in that half-hour reinforcements showed up. Roll for initiative".

>Reminder that if you are wild shaped, you can't give your summons orders.