/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - Nobody Won On Prospero Edition

Rolled 5, 4 = 9 (2d6)

BL Author Cage Match Sub-edition

Bread-baking EC user is bad because he didn't read the whole thread, people complained about each other's BL husbandos, and a glorious user released the data files regarding the newly discovered 'Crimson King' text.

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

www93.zippyshare.com/v/eh414W4y/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ADB wins the cage fight

He's not that muscly though.

Night Lords don't fight fair, duh

and still they always fail

Haha yeah, I love the job Legions

They work for the Primarch. The masketta man.

Mortarion?

Aye.

Dark Imperium?
here you go.
www93.zippyshare.com/v/eh414W4y/file.html

The Space Wolves won the battle of Prospero though.

get ém on board, I'll call it in.

(You)

>Barrabas Dantioch KIA
SHUT UP

Dantioch's death hit me in the feel feels

I'm halfway through and it's growing on me. I still think it's too noblebright for 40k (Guilliman's trying to stop the traditional waste of lives, get all the departamentos to work with each other, etc.) but at least he's encountering inertia and being driven crazy by it.

Back on topic - is it overkill to take ~8 missile launcher heavy tactical support dudes as well as six Javelins? The Javelins would have missile launchers too, because at 2 shots (twin-linked) they seem a lot better than single-shot TL lascannons. The heavy support guys would get flakk missiles to be my anti-air. That'd be all my anti-tank, so against Spartans I'd have to count on the Javelins outflanking to get around the flare shield.

Why NL suck at fighting other Legions? Seriously.

6mm Lucius-pattern Warlord titan proxy by The Titan Manufactorum (I think they're only on Facebook).

I assume that if Titanicus comes out and does well, they'll redo it in 8mm. For now it's true-scale 6mm, so it's bigger than the original Epic minis (the titans were significantly underscaled).

their whole shtick is blinding their enemies with fear

Astartes know no Fear.

They're no better fluff-wise. Did they do anything during the Dropsite Masscre besides Curze saving Lorgar's ass?

I use a coat rack as a emperor titan proxy

Titan chibi pattern
Plastic Emperor Titan cosplay when?

My kid might be able to pull off an Imperator. The problem is that by the time he started walking, he was like 30" tall. The Warlord's only 22".

>it's an "everyone tries to piss off Curzefag" thread

Come now, we're not that cruel.

Oh wait yes we are. But we like you, you entertain us.

I don't know why the fuck this guy isn't a loyalist.

He honoured iron, he's now eternal, unlike those turncoat traitors.

“From iron cometh strength

From strength cometh will

From will cometh faith

From faith cometh honor

From honor cometh iron

This is the Unbreakable Litany. May it forever be so”

May it be forever so.
F.
And then Guilliman deletes the records

To be fair, Cruze kind of considered the bloody mess good enough. He just took the edge too far and got his throat slit to show how 'hardcore' he was. But unlike Grandpa Smurf, he couldn't shake it off.

>tfw you cut too deep

Not funny

I wonder what the Emperor wanted each of his numbered creations to become
>Fulgrim
His attention to detail. His Paragon
>Perturabo
His Breaker
>Jaghatai
His Eagerness?
>Russ
His Executioner, turned jobber
>Dorn & Ferrus
His...is "Uncompromising-ness" a word? Ferrus wouldn't be himself without both the necrodermis hands and Medusa being a Mechanicum outpost
>Curze
His Retribution
>Sanguinius
His Messenger of Wrath
>Angron
His real Executioner, or that's how records show He used the legion. Angron wouldn't be himself without the nails
>Roboute
His...what's the name when you want to build stuff for the future but not regarding to building acual fortressses nor hope itself?
>Mortarion & Vulkan
His Relentlessness
>Horus
His Dangerous charisma
>Lorgar
His zealot
>Corax
His unescapable & uncontainable thirst for Justice
>Alpharius
His Guile and Cunning

Who jobs the most: Lucius, Mortarion or then entire Night Lords legion?

>His unescapable & uncontainable thirst for Justice
That would be senpai himself. Obviously.

They do overlap a bit, but Corax is more to right a wrong where Curze is to make an example of traitors.
Ironic.

Corax is LIBERATION. Konrad is JUSTICE.

Thinking of starting 30k with Mechanicum. I've heard 30k is balanced more like Warmahordes, so what is the tournament ruling for units with out a model? Are kit bashes legal? What if forge world later releases an official model?

Just wanna see if I can troll this thread with one post.

Official Legion Tier-List:

God: Sons of Horus, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers

High: Imperial Fists, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Raven Guard

Mid: Ultramarines, Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Alpha Legion

Low: Salamanders, Death Guard, Space Wolves, Iron Hands

TBD: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, White Scars

>TBD: BA

You rustled my jimmies.

>NL/RG not God Tier
You succeeded.

Is this rules wise?

Are they really as good as Thousand Sons and Sons of Horus? Seems doubtful.
I'm considering rules, Rites of War, and special units.

Oh, this is crunchwise? Never mind.

Where would you put them then?

>God: Thousand Sons, Death Guard
>High: Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Iron Hands
>Mid: Emperor's Children, Salamanders, Alpha Legion, Sons of Horus, Raven Guard
>Low: Night Lords, Space Wolves, Word Bearers
>TBD: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, White Scars (likely all high tier, just off their legion rule and rites)
This is on the mixture of legion rules, wargear, Rites and Characters. While IF have awful rites, they've got top-tier everything else.

>Death Guard either a shite or God
You're both faggots, but reach a consensus plz.
Not only based on what (rules, characters, RoWs, etc), but HOW?
In all fairness, I think Deathshrouds win against anything with a single wound.

Please don't troll with obviously wrong tier-lists.

IDK how much of a troll this list is meant to be, but it just reaffirms my belief that Sons of Horus are the best.

That part is unironic. I play Sons of Horus and they are absolutely brutal. Sacrificial Offering is the best Rite of War in the game.

My nigga.

Are your sons painted late or early Heresy?

>deathguard
>the reaping
>morty's one of the best general-use, fast-moving primarchs and has a perma-ID weapon
>scythe is been one of the few ap2 weapons at faster than I1
>chem flamers are fucking brutal
Pls elaborate

Anybody who thinks Sons of Horus aren't top-tier is bonkers. Death Dealer is insane with combi-plasma Veterans and Edge of the Spear means your reserves are very reliable. Maloghurst is the best character in the game by a large margin and gives you the best part of Pride of the Legion (vets as troops) while still allowing you to take an actual Rite of War.

>terrible legion rules
>the reaping is bad and extremely expensive with two troops required
>easily outmaneuvered because of how slow they are

I'll give you Mortarion, he's definitely a top-3 Primarch. Magnus is the obvious best but he and Pert are a close 2nd and 3rd.

Is Horus Heresy getting upgraded to 8th edition or are we stuck in 7th?

Only when you stop crying yourself to sleep at night.

>aloghurst is the best character in the game by a large margin and gives you the best part of Pride of the Legion (vets as troops) while still allowing you to take an actual Rite of War.
Nah. He's good, but not "the best by a large margin" good.
Sure Vets as troops is good no doubt, but he can barely carry his own weight, and other characters are good as well.
If termies is what you want, Golg is the only one in the heresy that allows you to bring a Terminatorwing plus RoWs. If you are using a fort, Vhalen is your dude. And all the DG characters have a dual-purpose, especially Guaranteed-infiltration + psyker Morturg.
Don't think so little of the others, is what I'm saying.
>Outmaneuvered.
I'm not understanding. Attack your enemy from the front, that's how it is :^)
>>terrible legion rules
Deathshroud need no LA rules :^)
>Morty & Perty among the top 'marchs.
:)
Teleport all termies turn one!

>the reaping is bad
>because two troops
Opinion discarded, barring spam lists like ironfire and berserker assault its one of the best infantry-based legion-specifics
I'll give you the legion rules are lackluster, but deathshroud are in an excellent place with number of attacks and toughness-the only thing that can really fuck them is justaerin and firedrakes, and they're way better than those two against 1w termies with powerfists due to swinging first with an AP2 weapon. Grave Wardens are pretty good infantry-clearers and absolute murder to charge. Morturg and Typhon are both pretty good too, not maloghursts or siggy's but certainly better than the likes of word bearers, ultramarine and nightlords characters

I'll touch myself to that!

So, Maloghurst+BS5 Vets are pretty much the only reason SoH are rated high?

Yes.

Eventually 8th but for now, 7.5. When does that come out? Nobody knows.

>describes previous /hhg/ thread
>doesn't link to it
*corrupted screeching*

Or, does someone have a link to Crimson King?

I personally don't think SoH aren't that great because they don't get deep strike wargear which somehow 'cut off the head' legion don't get but somehow siege defense and terror assault legions get.

Oh and siege-themed legion primarch can teleport on turn one but horus can't for some weird reason. Sigh.

Like all legions, they have a specialty, just like berserker horde WE and ultramarines spamming suzerains are rated high. Overall though, they've got one decent character who lets you run Pride+RoW, everyone else is hot dogshit-abby and loken are mediocre at best, Horus is an insane beatstick that any competent character can dodge easily and costs a bomb, their melee rules are mediocre, the only thing that has any real application is bs5 veteran rapidfire. The plasma rapidfire is nice, but good luck doing that against a landraider list, or a berserker horde, or an air-based list, etc. So yes, they're a one-trick pony with a mediocre trick

Different user here, I'm of the opinion SoHs have good tools for the Close & Personal theatre, which is the job the astartes can do that no one else can.. That's a plus right there. On the contrary, I think their characters and legion specifics are overcosted, and Abaddon is just shitty.
If the SoHs are lower ranked, it's because either the one doing the ranking doesn't know them or the others are better, not because they're bad by any means.
Except Abaddon.

Hey look, it's the chaos spawn that goes with Cultist chan.

>Nah. He's good, but not "the best by a large margin" good.

Gonna disagree with you there. He's fearless, MotL, has a banner, is a scoring unit if he's the warlord, makes Vets troops, and is only 140 points. I'm not discounting the others, Mal is just that good. When he came out it totally changed the way I played my army.

>I'm not understanding. Attack your enemy from the front, that's how it is :^)

Mass Outflank/Deep Strike is extremely strong.

>Deathshroud need no LA rules :^)

Good news! Their rules mostly do nothing and have a nice drawback to boot!

>Opinion discarded, barring spam lists like ironfire and berserker assault its one of the best infantry-based legion-specifics

Having a 200+ point barrier to entry to your Rite of War is bad news.

>but deathshroud are in an excellent place with number of attacks and toughness-the only thing that can really fuck them is justaerin and firedrakes, and they're way better than those two against 1w termies with powerfists due to swinging first with an AP2 weapon.

On the other hand, only having access to flamers and low-strength weapons limits the targets they can be good against. If they get charged by, like, any dreadnought or Mechanicum robot they're boned.

The Long March is also an extremely good Rite of War.

>The plasma rapidfire is nice, but good luck doing that against a landraider list, or a berserker horde, or an air-based list, etc. So yes, they're a one-trick pony with a mediocre trick

I dunno, Vets in Dreadclaws with Meltas and Machine Killer give vehicles a real run for their money.

I'd say the real Sons of Horus drawback is they don't have a good way to get across the board. Any Rite of War that gets around that makes them pretty fucking rad.

Sure, but you have morty for admech monsters and heavy supports as troops for vehicles, or just throw your own dreads at them. Deathshroud murder any infantry, and do it very well with their huge amounts of attacks. And the entry tax has its place, despoilers with rad grenades are a solid unit and will drown elite units in saves.

>He's fearless
That only matters when you're losing, user. Go for the win.
>He's scoring
That only matters if he's all alone in the back. If he's got someone worth being with, like vets with power weapons, then he's not in the back. If he's with a tax squad like tacticals, then he's not needed because those guys are scoring themselves.
If he's in the front, it still only matters until you kill the enemy because they deny. That's not only situational, that's a damn waste of a WT.
Even a Warsmith's -1 to cover instead of a WT is better.
>He's cheap
So are Rask and Moturg, both can fight unlike Maloghurst, the first one is great in both Rites and buffs offensive abilities, the other has witchery, rad grenades and the WT everybody picks whenever they're allowed to choose a Strategic trait: Infiltrate three units.

Maloghurst's gist is Vets as troops, his WT and Banner don't matter. I recognize Vets are powerful, but don't come saying the other two things give you +1VP at best. Not when killing him is worth a VP as well.

>I'd say the real Sons of Horus drawback is they don't have a good way to get across the board. Any Rite of War that gets around that makes them pretty fucking rad.
They have acces to dreadclaws and a bit of teleport, they'll do nice.

Good to hear, thanks.

Do you have ideas for a character of (You)r legion? Maybe from the fluff of your OCs.
Remember stuff like "Ex-Destroyer Diabolist that wants to see the galaxy burn", "pre-heresy Warhound without Nails" and "psychic DG Praetor with chem bombardment" are official FW characters.

>53644893

Scoring and fearless Rapiers / Heavy Support Squad wouldn't be so bad imo

Darik Charel, Pre-Nostraman Night Lords tank commander, modelled after Heinz Guderian, complete with spiffing hat, with an orth-style rolling out of his tank if it blows up rule. Allows Terror Squads to take rhinos.

Hermann, herald of the 20th company who slew the Techno-Barbarian warlord Varus with his standard during the Unification War. Awarded Custodian Aquila-vexilla for his valor. Will die during the Siege of Terra, planting his aquilla in the snow.

Imagine being Perturabo in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Fulgrim, you fuckin' fine, all perfect with your snake body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally give my lifeforce to you, both my persona and the real me." when all he really wants to do is design another aesthically flawless city. Like seriously imagine having to be Perturabo and not only sit in that chair while Fulgrim flaunts xher's disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing xher's scales and feminine face, and just sit there, minute after minute, hour after hour, while xhe ascended to Daemonhood. Not only having to tolerate xher's monstrous fucking visage but xher's haughty attitude as everyone on Iydris tells xhim xhe's THE PARAGON OF PERFECTION and DAMN, FULGRIM LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch xher's tranny fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been conquering nothing but a healthy diet of non-compliant worlds and later Loyalist strongholds for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Olympia. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on xher's dimpled stomach as xhe sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in xher's "perfect (for that is what xhe calls xherself)" beauty, the beauty xhe worked so hard for by being Slaanesh' bitch in the previous months. And then Fulgrim praises xherself again, and you know you could kill every single Astartes on Iydris before Slaaneshi daemons could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Perturabo. You're not going to lose your future daemonhood over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

What I wouldn't give to read a 40k what-if where Chaos failed to scatter the chibi-primarchs all over hell and gone and Emps actually got a chance to raise them himself. Especially if DA wrote it.How would things have turned out?

Daemon Fulgrim has a mix of daemon and handsome man face. He's not a tranny, nor is he Slaanesh.
And Perturabo disliked every fucking moment of it, even before Fulgrim became a daemon. He even disliked greeting his peacock of a brother.

BA are high tier already, same with white scars. And that's only going to go up once units get released. Sanguinius will be a bullshit and a half on his own.

Warsmith of an ill favored Grand Battalion who kept his detachment from going under with bureaucratic trickery and filling his ranks with astartes who'd run just as afoul of the legion's high command as he had. This includes radical techpreists and apothecaries who value a boss who willfully neglects things like "ethical oversight" and "proven safe" over more prestigious, restrictive positions in the legion. This left him in a favorable position once the war ground on and conventional means of resupply started getting difficult for everyone else as he'd been used to i working with for decades. His own apothocarion having long ago gotten the hang if all sorts of hand shortcuts for speedily ready, if unstable and short lived, space marines.

Because I really, really want a send-in-the-next-wave style rule for my 20 man bolter blobs.

>another fucking Magnus/Thousand Sons book
>still nothing on Mortarian/Death Guard except for a fucking Garro compilation, short stories and cameos in other books

Regarding BL, anonimity is better than shitty stories. That's how those guys do.

Wait, how are Worst Bearers anything BUT shit?

No model? Kitbash that shit, man, just keep it with all the right equipment.
Does have a model that you dislike? Also kitbash that shit, it's fun and perfectly legal unless your opponents are dicks as long as it's about the right size and again has all the right equipment. I know plenty of people that are still rocking converted Mechanicum Land Raiders from before the Macrocarid model, and because Forge World isn't as autistic about producing exact models for every slight wargear variation for us as for the Legions you're probably going to need to at least convert your Magi to have the right gear anyway., Unless you want to play every game with Irrad Cleanser and Servo-arm, which is a pretty terrible idea.

Hetaeron and Shield-Captain are done. Just gotta seal them

It's not nearly as balanced as Warmahordes. In fact, it's not balanced at all - if there's a sense of balance it's because the player base is generally more interested in narrative games and deliberately shies away from the power builds. It's not a game that has a traditional tournament scene.

If there's no model, kitbashing is encouraged. If you're going to play in a GW facility you probably want to stick to GW bits, but most people don't care as long as it looks correct for the period.

>the average IW player

>B-brother, your blade is touching mine. In public. T-they're gonna see.
>;^)

>Not a fatass.
>Not a neckbeard, apears bathed.
>Non-hippie haircut.
>Embittered thousand yard stare
Give that man standard panoply, engineering education and send him to a trench/10

Stop talking about yourself in the third person Perry
An IW who has a super advanced Deimos rhino so he sees the world just like a total war battle

Crimson king is linked in a post to the previous OP

I've never seen a non-hideous wargame player in general

cept this one guy at my FLGS who is absolutely ripped, but very much looks like a nerd otherwise.

Stop appropriating muh culture, why are you using Marder tanks anyway

Luc Eschete, a Terran EC chaplain, who enjoys utilizing a hand-crafted volkite charger named Cindermaw, gifted to him after a lengthy campaign alongside the Salamander forge-lord, Ralla Pavone. Although sworn to uphold the Imperial Truth, Luc frequently skirts the line between rational inspiration and faith in the Emperor and his Imperium

You don't need to be Perturabo to be naturally suspicious of the Phoenician.

There is a link to it in the OP you blind fuck.

Like father like son
But like, how is he or what does he do besides eschewing a WT for -1 to cover?
>It's also a big pole
He and an IW biketillery squad would work nicely together.

What is your local FLGS?

Because I might be that guy you're talking about...

Has anyone got ebook versions of Book 42: Garro or Book 43: Shattered Legions?

I think I've got everything except those two which I seem to have missed for some unexplainable reason..

Freeblade from Hive Anatolya, piloting Crusader-pattern Knight Alba Auleoli... or whatever translation is.