AdMech Players:

So lets say, 6 months from now, Cawl and starts a war between himself, those declared for him, and the rest of the Imperium (probably the rest of the galaxy too). The story is given a "wrath of magnus" style treatment with the campaign book, the lore updates, etc.

If you care about the story behind your dudes, will they declare for Cawl? Or will they side with the Guilliman/the incumbent FabGen? What would make you switch sides and fight against/for him?

Against, fuck tech-heresy. AIs are a large part of what got us in this mess in the first place

I like Cawl tho

Against, the guy's a heretek in all but official classification and nearly squanders the teachings of the Credo Omnissiah in his maddened lust for power. He is absolutely everything that got Humanity into this mess, the rebirth of the Dark Age's arrogance incarnate, and were it not for the precarious situation my dudes wouldn't be opposed to just lancing his followers from orbit whenever possible.

I am going to have so much fun telling bootlickers to get bent when this inevitably happens

Cawl4Lyfe

's'alright, just make sure you have fun when Cawl's creations turn on him and some Primaris go to Chaos or Cawl Inferior becomes a true silica animus.

>Cawl and starts a war between himself, those declared for him, and the rest of the Imperium

Why would Cawl declare war on himself?

With Cawl Inferior supposedly being a psychically-laced near-silica animus, I wouldn't be surprised by this point. He's gone from eccentric in Gathering Storm to completely bonkers in Dark Imperium if the rumours are anything to go by.

Self-loathing and insanity caused by the nightmarish awareness of what blasphemy he has wrought in the Parimaris Marines, and his psychotic and self destructive inability to stop himself from going even farther

For reals tho I accidentally the first "and"

For Cawl. The Imperium tried stagnation for 10 000 years already, and it has not gone well. Something must change. Plus, he really seems like he has his shit together.

t.Dark Mechanicus

They will declare for Cawl.

are already hereteks led by an AI.

Ahhh, so it's time for Marius Sue Machina: The Thread, Pt. III.

Seriously, what's with all the fucking Belisarius "OC Archmagos Donut Steel" Cawl threads recently? The recent Herohammer fluff was bad enough without everyone pissing their pants over it.

Mostly due to some interesting shifts in attitudes in the Dark Millennium book that show Cawl going far into left field now that he had been given a loose chain and a blank check. Even Bobby G foresees a future where Cawl became a problem.

We need more Cawl, we need Mars to jump to the forefront & just chew into shit. I see a Red Wind blowing, calling the Forgeworlds to awaken from their nascent cradles & bathe a thousand thousand worlds in Chrome & Fire, for the glory of the Omnissiah!!!
Flesh is weak, metal endures!
Cast off your wretched soft coating & exalt in a body of gilded majesty!

Is he still hanging out with Trazyn?

For millenia, we have been the testing grounds for the Adeptus Mechanicus' creations. We, the dishonored martians, who were punished for our beliefs, and forced to bare the most dangerous of the mechanicus' experiments. We, who had been shunned and mocked and used as guinea pigs for the most reckless of innovations.

No more; The Martian Field Experimantory corps will no longer bow to the foolishness and religious hypiocracy of the Admech! We, who wanted progress, and were banished to the battlefields to test the same dangetrous weapons for millenia, will have no more!

Cawl offers progress and a future. You offer only torment and loathing.

Our loyalty is logical.

>I see a Red Wind blowing
I see Cawl on the rise
I see heresies are growing
I see burning Martian skies

Don't go augmentin'
Cuz it's bound to be tech-sin
There's a Red Wind blowin'

“Once we were Gods, but what are we now? Wilfully ignorant savages and self-deluded fools, little more than helpless children scattered and lost in the cold dark. But I tell you, we have been Gods and we shall be Gods again.”

—In Defence of the Future: A Logical Discourse
Author unknown, banned M.36

to the tune of Bad Moon Rising?

This. My force utilizes heretical tech anyways, in the form of proxy Knights, so I don't have much of a choice but to sign on with Cawl.

Cawl has invented better tech since M31 than the entire rest of the Admech put together. CAWL FOR FABRICATOR-EMPEROR OF MANKIND! MAKE THE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN!