Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Bubblechukkas are good edition

>Previous Thread
>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/06/04/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-agents/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r3Dju2i4FZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tyranids are awesome.

first for farsight

I...think this is correct. Thoughts?

HQ

[164pts] Typhus

[184pts] Lord of Contagion

ELITES

[80pts] Noxious Blightbringer

TROOPS

[268pts] 10x Plague Marines (Icon of Despair, 2x Plague Launcher, Power Fist)

[266pts] 10x Plague Marines (Icon of Despair, 2x Plasma Gun, Power Fist)

[120pts] 20x Poxwalker

FAST ATTACK

[158pts] Foetid Bloat-Drone

[158pts] Foetid Bloat-Drone

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

[72pts] Chaos Rhino

[72pts] Chaos Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT

[177pts] Chaos Predator (Twin Lascannon, Lascannon)

[268pts] Defiler

DETACHMENT: Battalion
TOTAL: 1987/2000pts, 106 Power

I do concede that the smasha has its place. I had misread the profile as 2d6 greater than toughness, rather than greater than or equal to, which is a very big difference for T5-8.

Is there any point in taking Plague Drones? Blight Drones are better im every way.

Why are some idiots saying the swarmlord isn't the best HQ to lead nids with

Yesss, Instinctive Behaviour is still in

Am I wrong for wanting to staple a combi and havoc launcher onto my rhino and just have it support a blob of CSM?

Because cheaper options exist than a 300 point double move.

>Juggerlord is S5
>Berzerkers are S5
>Kharn is S5
Mark of Khorne will give +1S. Prove me wrong.

has enough wounds to be blasted away by anything, rather than only snipers

Did rules for the Blight Drones leak?

conscripts without commisar, tanky
without commisar, dead

With LD 4, simply killing 1 will guarantee at least 1 flees half the time.
Kill like 7 in one round and as many as 9 may flee.

So how will Tau vs Orks match ups likely go when it comes to Battlesuit heavy vs Walker heavy armies? Or the Farsight list vs the Dreadmob list?

Also, how are Farsight and The Eight now? Are they still a nine unit army or has that changed a bit now?

Even if they're good, they're going to slow down gameplay SO much.

How do you reckon 2 DE start collectings would be to start?
2xArchon means I can go for the 3cp detachment.
Squad of kabalites, probably run the second as trueborn.
Raiders to transport them.
6x reavers.
Throw in the squad of wyches I've already got, and build from there.

Played a game if 8th today, Ultramarines vs. Yiffs.
Decided to take a bunch of charecters since it seems like their using bonuses is what will define good lists this edition.
No mercy, I got first first turn
Highlights
>grimnar, some yiffinators and a land raider taking 3 turns to beat a 6 man bike squad
>calgar BTFOing a ten man termie squad by himself
>20 tacs, sicarius, 5 vangaurd, 3 gravcents and an apothecary all piling in to attack a termie squad, killing all but the serg in one round, and then spending the rest of the game locked in combat
>ironclad dreadnought is a beast
>bjorn got anhilated turn one by a lascannon razorback, rolled all 6s for to hit, to wound and damage.

All in all, it was fun. Centurions with an apothecary is absurdly powerful, as are their missle launchers. Also, I have to say I like the way how rather than using everything to buff a single character like in 7th, now it's characters who buff units around them. Makes for a more fun and interesting game IMO, and is more rewarding of unit placement, tactics and strategies.

How is everyone else enjoying 8th?

Are they going to slow it down more than austically moving 200 boyz will? Even if GW made these rules go much faster, the tilt towards infantry is going to make games very slow.

Farsight aura buffs to reroll 1's to hit every phase for every unit type against orks.
Rest of Enclave characters dont exist

What's the deal with custodes not being able to deep strike anymore?

I want to make a Tzeentch daemon army because I like dominating psychic powers and also the new daemon models.

Problem is I also really like Slaanesh and the darker/spiker Chaos aesthetic, which Tzeentch trades up for more technicolor octopuses. Also Slaanesh has better lightning CQC.

Any ideas on how I could incorporate some Slaaneshi crunch and visual elements into my army without losing psychic bonuses or over-complicating the looks?

Buy some movement trays. How selfish a cunt do you have to be to move 200 models individually damn.

Yep, it's why I've found snipers to be so important this edition.
Tellion+sniper scouts in cloaks taking out a commisar and then letting devs, cents, termies or ass cannon razorback mow down blobs is a winning combo based upon what I've played

GW literally has no fucking clue what its doing.

Good, just keep in mind Archons are probably the weakest of the HQs long term.

In 8th, when the points per model says (does not include wargear) does that mean it doesn't include the default wargear or that it doesn't include wargear that is in addition to and/or swapped from the default?

I'll just shove my boyz forward because I'm not an asshole. My point is just that between orks, nids, guard and gsc massive armies are going to be a thing and the games will be slowed down by anyone who thinks they can get an advantage out of individually moving their models.

We only have rules for Farsight himself, we haven't yet gotten rules for the Enclaves and their unique options. We'll likely get more info when codices release.

Does not include any wargear, so you have to go and buy the wargear it requires you to buy.

Disregard slaneeshi whores, aquire pink horrors.
Seriously, tzeentch master race, smite spam plus flamer rubrics is a far funner and better combo than abhorrent multi-god lists

The furfag is a retard for not spamming Wulfen and Thunderwolves. Those things have literally no weaknesses.

Thanks for the clarification.

>Farsight aura buffs to reroll 1's to hit every phase for every unit type against orks.

I want to see that in action with a Stormsurge or a Sky Ray.

But it's one of the best special rules in the game and can be used every turn
Except when it's accompanied by tyrant guard that take its wounds on a 2+ no matter what's shooting it

>he can't move 200 models faster than his opponents can move their three models
It's like you don't actually play a horde army

Bubblechukkas are awesome
You're forcing your opponent to take part in their own demise.
If a unit is ruined by it, they can't help but feel they made a bad decision
Brutally Kunning

6'' range limit thought I think, so gonna need to keep things close-ish unless farsight is chilling in your backline

No wargear period. You have to lookup the points for all of them. If its meant to be included it will be 0 points on the wargear list. That said, you only have to pay for your final wargear loadout. Not for anything you dont have anymore becuse you swapped it out.

He did bring a unit of wulfen, but they were in a land raider which my bikes charged and surrounded turn one in his deployment zone, making them unable to do much since by that point most of his army had been wiped out.

Also, it was just a fun test game, neither of us brought extremely powerful lists.

so besides snipers is another way to eliminate characters?

what do you have against whores? not like the tzeentch daemons can pull their weight in combat now

i'd get some seekers and possibly a slaanesh herald on steed or chariot though idk how they do yet

see

Stop trying to force this movement tray meme, not everyone is shit at moving their models.

Seriously though, those things are insane. I wouldn't recommend playing competitive against anyone who fields them.

genuine autism

Ass ass ins

this might be the worst post on Veeky Forums right now

>besides snipers
If they aren't bubblewrapped you can just fly an airborne unit as close as possible to them and blow them off the board. Horde armies will have the easiest time protecting their characters, which is probably best because it looks like they really need those auras.

Some psychic powers can single out characters. Otherwise you have to either shoot the bubblewrap or drag the character into melee.

>look everybody i said meme
>this idea people have been using for decades is bad because i said meme

awesome so you assign the 1s first
Thanks m8

Reminder that the AdMech are fans of Rush.

youtube.com/watch?v=r3Dju2i4FZw

kys

Charge/pile in/consolidate into them. Flank them if they dont have a screen in the rear. Hit the with certain psychic powers. Chew up their screen until theyre exposed.

Thoughts on the Sporocyst? Is it efficient?

>what do you have against whores? not like the tzeentch daemons can pull their weight in combat now
They're the most uninspired god (dude sex LMAO), the fanbase is the most annoying by far (dude, sex and degenecy LMAO. Now let me spam the thread about how traps aren't gay and all my sexual exploits, because a Mongolian throat singing forum is the place for that) and I'm not a huge fan of the models.

Plus anyone who encourages anything but mono-god is a fag.

flamers of tzeentch are also amazing now that you can have them shoot into combat

>most intelligent human faction
No wonder.

Movement trays are bad for 40k as you have to keep taking them off it to either fit in terrain or fight properly in close combat.

So im sorta lost with the whole Primaris thing, whats going to happen with chapter exclusive troops? Like will we ever see a deathwing knight primaris?

No, that's basically a chaos Razorback

Oh yeah, most definitely. I'm still working out the best way to deal with them as regular Astartes. Besides fielding guilliman that is.

>being this upset because you're trash at moving models
Lmao

see

Just shove them all as one big blob and then fix any that fell over real quick. Templates are gone so spacing doesn't matter.

That post assumes that there is a 1 rolled, which only happens ~48% of the time. It also assumes that the Ork player is stupid and lets his opponent assign the 1 instead of assigning it first to deny his opponent. Bubblechukas are very swingy units, if you're assuming an equitable distribution of numbers, which you should not because rolls are independently distributed, then the decisions will look mediocre. But turn that into something as simple as {3,2,5,6} and all of a sudden your opponent has a conundrum on their hands. Take 2 or 3 bubblechukkas and you should expect that about once per turn you get a great set of rolls to really fuck somebody's day up.

Play both. Mono-god daemons are going to be real bad. Paint them with a cohesive color palette and they'll tie together just fine.

50x Conscripts + Commissar = 180pt
11x Khorne Berserker w/ Chainaxes = 187pt

Two berserkers down to overwatch, remaining attacks kill 13 conscripts twice, 24 remaining conscripts kill one berserker fighting back. One conscript gets blammed.

23 / 50 conscripts survived, 8 / 11 berserkers survived. Without the commissar, conscripts test battleshock at 1d6 + 26 - 4, wiping the unit.

>where do you assign it
Depends upon the unit you're shooting at. If you're firing at a vehicle you might as well assign it to S since you'll be wounding on 6's anyway. If you're firing against infantry you could put it on damage.

>Plus anyone who encourages anything but mono-god is a fag.
My Iron Warriors may be autistic, but they're not fags god dammit.

So what happens turn 2?

I'd love to get a Lelith Hesperax etc too.
It'd be basically to start with, as I've only got Dangles from Dark Vengeance and the wyches so far.

>Now let me spam the thread about how traps aren't gay and all my sexual exploits, because a Mongolian throat singing forum is the place for that
So much this. Holy shit you're mentally ill we get it, now shut the fuck up already.

After they get rid of the current marinelet stock, probably.

It's hard to tell.
Some people think that Primaris are going to phase out marinelets entirely, others are saying they'll just be a new type of unit for existing marine armies.
Only time and sales figures will tell.

How do the heavy weapons look on tactical squads?

>that banshee jumped straight into the maw of a maulerfiend
Rip in pepperoni (see what i did there)

The DE SC! Box is arguably the best box in terms of usefulness. You can stick 2 squads of Kabalites in one raider, blasterborn and 5 kabalites + Blaster in the other, and then have 6 Reavers fuck around. You can also take an under strength unit of Kabs AND Trueborn, and stick 2 blaster Archons in the raiders.

Conscripts fall back, berserkers charge again and kill everyone at the cost of one or two berserkers.

Even with a commissar?

No clear winners or losers. Pick your favorite or what complements the rest of your army.

>gonna need to keep things close-ish unless farsight is chilling in your backline

Might not be a bad thing given that charge from Deep Strike is a thing now.

Post your 8e shopping lists

Even with a commissar they're all dead, then commissar is next

a tad unfair but i'll bite, there's more to slaanesh then sex and drugs. the problem is they haven't bothered to do much about slaanesh and they pretty much buried her. sigvald (whfb character but slaanesh still) is an interesting character about more then just sex

GW wants to protect their IP so doing victorian creepy horror and some dorian grey elements would work well without completely killing slaanesh

>Conscripts fall back, berserkers charge again and kill everyone at the cost of one or two berserkers
But you can't overwatch if you fall back, right?

All are good. Pick whatever you like the most or fits the fluff the best.
My blood ravens have been running a 10 man squad with a serg with powerfist, heavy bolter and flamer in a rhino and been doing quite well, which is the first time in a long time that I've been able to say that. 8th, at least for marines from what I've played, is balanced enough that any option is viable.

Tyranid harpies can pick one unit they flew over in the movement phase and drop a spore mine on them. It's only on a 4+ though.

11 berserkers down to 9 on the charge kill 26 conscripts. 9 berserkers down to 8 on the charge kill about 23 conscripts, which is enough to wipe the unit. If one of the conscripts survives the commissar shoots him. The unit is either gone or down to one or two guys.

You can, you're only prevented from shooting the turn you fall back.

are they really your blood ravens or were they gifted?

I find it funny that a chaos pred can have:
>Autocannon
>pair of heavy bolters
>combi-weapon
>havoc launcher

That's 2d3+6+1/2/4/d6+d6 shots.

>not buying from the chinamen

I have 3k points of WAACy tyranids waiting for me.

How do I make the most out of battlesuits?
My commander needs a bodyguard.

He'd be fine as a god of six of the seven deadly sins (wrath being khorne of course). Would still be interesting without attracting so many attention-starved homosexuals.

Put a priest in there and fix bayonets, and it might be a good bit closer. No idea how much, too tired to do the math. The fact that the conscripts don't just straight up die gives me some confidence that melee guard could be viable against non dedicates melee. Units.

Haven't got much else, yet.

Sounds good, I have a few missile launchers which I may use.

For context my squads both have a combi and plasma gun.

And here we are, another thing I hate about slaneesh: "muh it's so much more than sex and drugs"
No it's not. GW does fuck all to charectize it as such, the players don't do anything to get rid of that notion and the fluff supports that notion the majority of the time.
The only time you fags ever say "but it's so much more" is when someone calls you out on it, the rest of the time it's "dude sex and drugs LMAO"
At least fucking own your god. Khorne players aren't afraid to scream about violence like spastics, tzeentch players don't deny the "just as planned" stuff, nurglites don't live down the fact that it's all about disease and decay.
Only slaneeshis, when confronted with how vapid their god is, become defensive, when they don't act like it's anything more any other time.