How many ways can Veeky Forums break this system?

Okay fellas, I'm coming up with a home brew where the base magic power centers around conjuration.

I came up with some limitations for what can and cannot be created.
>Conjuration cannot create food, water, gasoline, or other consumable objects.
>Anything you create will disappear 1 minute unless you’re in contact with it.
>Conjuration cannot create living creatures, though it can create effigies with limited motor function.
>Anything you create can only follow simple instructions relating to its function.
>You cannot create something that you’ve never seen or handled before.
>You can only create an object that you can carry without assistance.
And I just want to know, what's the most broken thing you can make off the top of your head that doesn't violate these restrictions?

Also, assume that you can only make one thing at a time.

Solar-powered tank.

Violates

What if it's a model tank?

Could a magic user summon a fireball inside of an opponent?

>Make obsidian throwing knife.
>Conjure one.
>Throw. It shatters upon impact leaving razor glass shards in all open wounds.
>Repeat

Not particularly broken, but useful.

I guess that could work.
You could create a fireball that hits a dude that you can see but you wouldn't be able to target internal organs since you can't get line-of-sight on them from the outside unless you create a large enough wound or something.

A wizard could theoretically carry a tank with a strong enough levitation or or STR buff spell. This is not considered assistance since the ability to cast spells is a part of the wizard.

This argument works better for sorcerers.

While you're not wrong, if you're playing a wizard who can buff their STR enough to lift a tank, do you really need the tank in the first place?

What a stupid question. Your arms can't reach out 4 kilometers.

No, but you could probably throw a rock that far if you're already that physically powerful.

Why the hell is water banned? I can understand not being able to summon organic stuff like food or something but it seems strange. Just saying. Also, if you summon a vehicle does it just run because you will it to, regardless of fuel?

Also, if you can summon fire, what's to stop one from summoning lightning?

Other things would depend on the time period. Grenades. RPGs. C4 mounted on remote controlled car.

If inanimate objects can follow directions, homing throwing knives, homing anything really. Or a cloud of something unbreathable like glass dust localized on your enemy. Just have it follow them around until they keel over.

>Also, if you summon a vehicle does it just run because you will it to, regardless of fuel?
Ignore this, I saw that post mentioning a tank and forgot about the weight limit.

Nuclear powered self-replicating mini-bots that can follow basic move, replicate, and self-destruct commands. I create one and order it to run to my enemy's lair, and that every 50 seconds it shall replicate and pass on the orders. When it reaches my foe's fortifications, it shall replicate for some time until it and all copies self destruct, setting off the micro-nuclear cores and annihilating everything there. If not that, than it creates a self-replicating pile of radioactive waste.

Alternatively, I can use them as half-sentient miniature nuclear hand grenades.

I think the
>>Anything you create can only follow simple instructions relating to its function.
>>You cannot create something that you’ve never seen or handled before.
clauses might interfere with that plan. Unless you already have self-replicating robot technology.

How far does "You cannot create something that you’ve never seen or handled before" extend? Like, I've never seen a totally seamless hollow stone sphere, but I feel like I should be able to create one if I wanted to. Or, I've seen apples before, and I can't make food, but can I make a replica of an apple out of another material?

Skeletons. It can create skeleton armies.

>Robots use imprinted Conjuration Spell, effectively a button that they can push on their chest
>Have handled the Spell before, thus circumventing the rule

The biggest issue is miniaturizing a nuclear power source to fit into a small robot.

>Also, assume that you can only make one thing at a time.

Eh, this is making quite a few leaps in logic that I don't agree with. I'm not OP mind you.

I would argue that you've never seen or handled a robot that could do magic. You could make an effigy of a spellcaster but it would really only have simple motor functions.

Conjuring handfuls of metal things above people seems easy to weaponize. Nails or ball bearings come to mind.

Cyanide conjured at people also seems to work. Well, most poisonous or corrosive liquids or gases would also work. They would need to be ones that do permanent damage within the 1 min before they disappear. On the plus side, they would clean up after themselves.

Conjuring heated/cooled materials seems useful. Preventing thermodynamic fuckery is going to be hard to make a blanket rule against. Banning heated/cooled material opens questions about things that are not stable at standard conditions. Pressurized stuff is going to make a mess of things too.

>enchant a pebble whose only purpose is to duplicate itself when told
>conjure pebble creating pebble and order it to create as many pebbles as possible and order them to do the same
>infinitly replicating pebbles
>end world

Do I win?

What defines "consumable"?
Can I conjure ice or steam? Does salt count as a food? Could I conjure spices? Can I conjure the smell of food?
Are arrows consumable? Throwing weapons?
Bullets? Grenades? A molotov cocktail?
Does wood count as consumable? What if I conjure logs to fuel my steam engine?
Is fire a consumable? What about poison? Or acid?

What defines "one thing at a time"? I conjure a stick and break it in half. Haha, I broke the rules!
I conjure 50 feet of rope, and cut it in half so that I have two 25-foot-long ropes. Wait, is rope a consumable?
To get more rules-lawyery, I could conjure 2 swords that are connected by a string, and then I cut the string. Ditto for any non-sword object.

DESU, I'm not sure why you actually need the "one object" rule. A collection of objects should be fine as long as the objects could still be carried all-together.

Brings up a good point. You'll probably want a rule like:
>conjured objects are always at ambient temperature

You're definitely gonna want a rules for
>You can't conjure enchanted objects
and
>Conjured creatures can't cast spells
and maybe even
>You can't conjure magical objects
>Conjured creatures can't use any magical abilities

>go to magic scroll shop or whatever, a library full of magic scrolls? Wizards tower? Anywhere you can interact with as many magic scrolls as possible
>you now immediatly have access to any magical scroll ever written whenever you want

You could conjure loaded crossbows or firearms, then let go of them instead of reloading.

How do you define "touching"?

Does it have to be on bare skin? Through layers or cloth and armor? If I'm touching something that's touching another thing, and I touching both of them? If I break something in two and keep only one part, am I touching them both or just one part?

>create a mirror or something that allows you to remotly view stuff
>"mirror, show me a liche"
>alternativly, just go find a liche and try to see him from far away
>can now conjure a commandable liche

Its dead so it circumvents the no living rule, I assume liches are pretty lightweight being mostly bones and skin for the weight restriction. This basically applies to any undead though.

>Also, if you can summon fire, what's to stop one from summoning lightning?
you need to handle stuff before summoning it.

If his character is ever hit by a lightning spell wouldn't that count? A party member could shuffle his feet on the carpet and give him a static shock and it would technically be handeling lightning.

I don't see any rules about where conjured objects can or can't appear.

Following the rules you've outlined, I'd conjure stones to appear inside an enemy's brainpan.

I'm guessing OP probably meant the "holding in your hands and examining" sort of handling

You put a lot of restriction on what you can make, basically killing any possibility to conjure anything broken by having the requirement of having handled the object before hand, since you have to introduce any object that can be conjured to the players. This is a glorified replicator.

However, you introduced no restrictions on where and how this magic works. The way to break this is to exploit conjuring mundane objects in creative circumstances.

Conjuring stuff inside people comes to mind immediately, since you didn't restrict the location. Conjuring large objects in small places also comes to mind (large rock in mouth of enemy). You could also conjure a spear in your hands in such a way that it appears past the opponents guard and stab him. You could simply conjure a large rock above an enemy, since even 20kg rocks dropped from 3 meters or so can kill or injure.

Also, since you put the restriction as "something you can lift" I can't help but imagine a bunch of really buff conjurers working out at the gym, consuming all sorts of steroids for those gains, since being able to lift more than your opponent offers you serious advantages.

I'd probably just conjure a box filled with some substance that is lethal in less than a minute around something if I needed it dead. Presumably made out of some very light, but durable substance, like some form of plastic.

Can you define "consumable?"

You can consume just about anything if you try really hard and aren't concerned with the consequences.

Would somebody who is lactose intolerant be able to conjure milk?

This.

I think a better restriction would be that conjured items dissipate shortly after they enter the magical aura of a creature; this eliminates poisons/antidotes/drugs/food/water/etc., while weapons would still wound at least.

OP here.
>Why the hell is water banned?
I guess I should make myself clearer, you can create water but it's not water that you can drink.
You can actually create energy based conjurations such as fire, lightning, etc. in my system, it just operates off of separate rules from creating physical objects.

>it's not water that you can drink.
Why not? What happens to it?

Why can you not drink it? Is it fucking poisonous? If so it isn't really water, alternatively why would it have random lethal impurities?

OP here
Unfortunately, such a robot wouldn't work because anything you create can only use basic motor functions, which would prevent them from being able to conjure their own objects.

Not the most broken thing, but I'd probably exploit the 'disappears after a minute' feature and corner the market on casting objects. Infinitely detailed molds that I don't have to remove myself? Don't mind if I do.

>How far does "You cannot create something that you’ve never seen or handled before" extend?
Basically, you have to have seen and handled the thing that you're trying to create but once you've fulfilled that requirement, you can create the object with whatever properties you want, so long as it doesn't violate any of the limitations mentioned in the OP.
>Like, I've never seen a totally seamless hollow stone sphere, but I feel like I should be able to create one if I wanted to.
You can, since I'm going to assume that your character has seen/handled stones and balls before.
>Or, I've seen apples before, and I can't make food, but can I make a replica of an apple out of another material?
You can.

This also stops "conjuring an item inside of someone".

>What defines "consumable"?
Anything that you ingest, so food, drinking water, alcohol, etc.
>What defines "one thing at a time"?
Basically, you can't conjure more than one object. So you could create a stick and break it half or take 50 ft. of rope and slice it in half to get two 25 ft. pieces of rope and it'd still be legal because you simply cut one object in half, rather than create two objects at the same time.

Since you can only create effigies with limited motor functions, you'd basically just create a skeleton with a nice cloak.
As I mentioned earlier ITT, you'd still need line-of-sight to do that.

Would this work?
>Conjured objects disappear the moment they enter a living creature.

Without giving too much away, the water would basically make you more thirsty the more you drink it. It's not poison per se, but you're better off just drinking fresh water.

Kido No.99

>create a giant metal golem or something
>tie to the ground
>cast a weightlessness spell on it that lasts a second or two
>touch it before it regains its weight
>conjure one while its 2-second weightless state
>it loses its weightlessness and becomes a normal big stompy robot

I think you need to be more specific about magic outside of conjuration.

Honestly you'd be better off just saying only mundane, inorganic items items and forms of energy can be conjured.

Remove the "only one" limitation and one minute rule but emphasise that the more item you summon, the size of them and the longer you manifest them for the greater the toll on the body becomes.

This allows for some fun interactions (like the obsidian throwing knives mentioned above but you could imbue them with element effects immediatly before throwing them) and if anyone tries anything stupid like conjuring a million anvils above an enemy the strain will knock them unconcious and the anvils will dissapate before they have an effect.

So I made a modified set of limitations based on what I've seen ITT.
>Conjured objects disappear shortly after they enter a living creature.
>Anything you create will disappear 1 minute unless you’re in contact with it.
>Conjuration cannot create living creatures, only effigies with limited motor function.
>Anything you create can only follow simple instructions relating to its function.
>Anything you create is incapable of using conjuration themselves.
>Anything conjured must be observable without any specialized equipment.
>Conjured objects are always at room temperature.
>Conjured objects cannot be larger than the space that they’re trying to occupy.
>Conjured objects must appear in either the user’s hand or on a solid piece of land.
>You must have line of sight on any area that you’re attempting to conjure an object.
Is it exploitable still?

It wouldn't work because
Also, the "only one object at a time" limitation isn't an actual limitation though, I'm only saying "you can only one object at a time" for this scenario as a baseline.

But you can conjure it and at the time of "handeling" it is a weightless golem.

You're essentially conjuring a weightless golem which then regains its weight after a few seconds.

Getting a bit convoluted.

>>Conjured objects are always at room temperature.
Is not a very good rule. Many things will explode if they are at room temperature. Pretty much all pyrophoric liquids would be examples. Even inert liquids with boiling points below room temperature will expand violently.

Corrosives also do damage by contacting you, which by passes the entering body thing. Conjuring room temperature liquid chlorine at someone is going to kill them is a pretty horrific fashion.

In order to conjure it though you must have already seen/handled a golem in the first place.
Shoot, I was afraid of that. I'll leave the list up for now and rework it a bit after I get home from work.