/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Magical realm edition?

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/totalwar/status/871713243441639426
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/dragon-empire-tabletop-army
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
forlornhopegames.com/collections/mind-chinese
kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/pantheon-of-chaos-chapter-two
knightmareminiatures.com
greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com/2015/11/101st-post-p2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The missing novel link has gone dead.

Does anyone have any guidelines for using the corruption values from Tome of Corruption? What would create Severe corruption values? Would it be any old shrine or would that only happen with massive shards of warpstone or only with chaos portals?

Some kind of demon weapon of great power or a one off item, maybe relating to demons.

Posting some stuff about Cathayan kitbashing that I found at random online. It's out of order and I don't have all the pictures anyway.

> twitter.com/totalwar/status/871713243441639426
High Elf roster reveal is today for any interested parties, might have interesting surprises considering how the Lizard roster went
> youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Lizardmen roster reveal if you missed it

I really like this, it's such a shame they don't do stuff like this anymore.

Any chance to find WFRP 2nd Ed italian pdfs?

Imagine the stuff GW could have done if they went to NOTasia

This is the worst Age of Sigmar has done.
True the old lore won't go away and will stay with us. But we won't get any new lore. No books, no armies, no new fluff.

Age of Sigmar took the future of the WHFB world.

Granted, while the kitbashing is wonderful, I think the army suffers from using Bretonnia rules as a base - there's no cannons or crossbows or other things that you normally associate with not!China, let alone all the fantastical shit that was mentioned in bits of lore. Even the mostly-black colorscheme is a little boring, and you could argue the Men-at-Arms base doesn't look very Chinese.

I don't know, the fact that the fanbase hasn't disappeared has given me some hope. Maybe someone will take the disparate bits of lore about Cathay we have and try to make an armybook out of them - and maybe they'll be something beyond straight copying history like some fanbooks do. Besides, think about how people react to every move GW makes - do you think we would really be happy if GW was updating and adding new armies, likely with far less to them than we'd hope?

I play Kings of War but with Warhammer lore.

And with the Kingdoms of Men armylist you could build a very nice Cathay army.

Or do a Nippon army.
With those miniatures it would even be possible:
kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/dragon-empire-tabletop-army

But still. And 3 books novel series about some drunken master dude traveling Cathay would be pretty cool. Imagine Slaanesh opium dens, fighting Clan Eshin in his homegrounds, Kurgan hordes attacking the Bastion and add all the cool stuff of chinese mythology.

And what did we got? Endtimes and Age of Warcr... I mean Sigmar

Are there any good movies that would go well with Warhammer not!asia?

The Great Wall

Seriously? Didn't it got a lot of flak?
Is it worth watching?

Yeah, its worth a watch. A lot of the flak was over a white guy in China being the hero, and not the movie itself. It's not exactly an intelligent movie, but its a decent fantasy romp.

Hai guys, im new here, i have been playing wfrp2 with friends for few months, and want to ask you few things

What do you guys think about 1 dodge and 1 parry per turn?
What if you take 6 hits on the face, even with 90 Dexterity you can dodge only one of them.

The pictures mentioned the movie Hero, and you could probably include any movie or show set in China - Marco Polo's not bad. You could probably include plenty of kung-fu movies - I remember there being one with the main character timetravelling back to ancient China, though I don't remember the name of it. There's also the Chinese take on Mulan, the 2009 film.

There's probably a lot of literature and myth too, but I don't know much. There's an 'Outlaws of the Marsh' book, but it's a bit of a boring read - the gist of it is a bunch of dudes from various parts of society of become (chivalrous) bandits, fated by heaven to all be together, and some of them have supernatural strength or other abilities and skills. And there's one fight where a ghost intervenes.

I heard that having the winds of magic flow through you is a considerable rejuvenator. How much does the lifespan of a magic user get increased?

Who is the pontus of the old world?

chaos dwarfs

You mean the Hannibal, like the original joke is based on? Since Pontus is a place and all. It'd probably be Mannfred - 'we should destroyed Sylvania, every vampire, skeleton, and zombie, many years ago,' Mannfred is sneaky and will probably attack from some direction that they don't expect, etc.

I'd rather have Age of Sigmar than
>NIP NONG CHING CHONG WHY ME SOR ASIAN

no, that's surtha ek.

I don't really get the new layout for the armybooks in 9th.
Say for example the Empire book unit Marshal. Is the Marshal able to be a great tactician AND pick from the other options that the regular marshals can take? Or is he cucked forever and will stand there with his fullplate and hand weapon just shouting orders?

Not on his shield
0/10 shit mod

Just a polite notice that Veeky Forums's Blood Bowl league is starting up again shortly, with a clean slate of teams so this is the ideal time to join up. We use the free java applet and website FUMBBL rather than the official video game, which is missing chunks of teams and rules.

You'll be expected to play a game per week for six rounds, with playoffs to decide the Champions. Pop over to /bbg/ if you're interested

bump?

>Kurgan hordes attacking the Bastion

Hung I think.

God that film was awful.

If they ever existed I doubt there will be any floating around. You may still be able to buy them somewhere though. I'm sure there's a website that sells old RPG's in PDF format.

Cool army but I would have worked the other way from historical miniatures, I guess they couldn't do this in White Dwarf though.

> Normiebook live.

Why? Could they not have put it on Twitch or something?

They supposedly get more people watching when they stream to Facebook, but I don't get why they don't do both. The fact that it won't let you watch unless you log in is bullshit thought.

There'll hopefully be a post on the site with the roster after the stream is done and a YT recording later.

I really wish CA added Shield Bearers in TWW

totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>The fact that it won't let you watch unless you log in is bullshit thought.
It's for the bean-counters, so they know just how well the advertising is working.

Same principle as how you have to sign in to the local facebook page if you want to use your GW store's wifi. They know not every stop at the location results in a purchase, so this gives them additional info about how much foot traffic they're getting.

Also
>tfw you have to wait for 3 more armies worth of previes and such before you can crush warmblood with your saurian might

Really good, only the White Lion chariot can be seen as annoying to miss but the rest is brilliant.

Taking this from the Veeky Forums thread of missing units and new units.

Lords
>Archmage,
>Anointed of Asuryan,

Heroes
>Dragon Mage,
>Handmaiden of the Everqueen,
>Sea Helm,

Other units
>Shadow Warrrior,
>White Lion Chariot,
>Lothern Skycutter,
>Sisters of Avelorn

We do have new units which are
>Gate Guard-Garrison force at Fortress Gates (only in campaign).
>Ithilmar Chariot-Strong melee chariot
>All Dragons can be independent monsters-Sun Dragon, Moon Dragon, Star Dragon.
>Princess-Female Prince

Holy crap. I thought for sure they we're going to cut the phoneixs. Glad their in.

But is any worried about how they kept saying "This is the best unit type in the game" High Elves looking really OP...

Its a shame I do play any games where I can use Lizardmen, they were always my favourite. I might end up buying some just to paint them.

Does China have a lot of historical miniatures to work from? Either way, it is cool to see them making something 'good enough' from GW bits.

Looking good overall.

My only disappointment was that none of the other Sea Guard stuff got in.

I based my army on Cothique so I would have liked to be able to build an army of sea elves.

I dunno, GEs, RBTs, SG, SH, and Tyrion are basically the full Lothern list minus the 8e skychariots and apparently few of us like those.

Hey, anyone know if there's a preorder box set? I'd shell out for a real Teclis hat and plushie shoulder Skink.

Depends which period you want, most people seem to think Cathay is Ming China so there will be loads of 28mm models, most probably in metal though.

It would have been nice to have Sea Helm as an available hero, maybe even with a bonus for naval battles.

Sea Lord Aislinn DLC?

High Elves have a lot of named characters to choose from actually.

>loads of 28mm models

There are very few and even fewer good/accurate ones.

If I had sculpting skills or ludicrous dosh I'd want to get a range of models for Korea and China going. There's plenty of good samurai on the market to go with them.

Here's some.

forlornhopegames.com/collections/mind-chinese

Ignore the shit paintjobs.

I'm sure Perry has a range of Koreans.

Can you fuck off with your shilling bullshit please?

While not terrible, those aren't even up to mid 90s GW standards.

Found the GW employee.

Speaking of TMS.

Is anyone excited for 9th Age 2.0?

Or has all enthusiasm died for it.

I'm waiting for more lore.
I care about that more than rules.

Warhammer having a Rome was a great idea, not sure what to think of their Chaos and greenskin lore but I'm keeping an open mind.

>8th edition with a new coat of paint

Speaking of which, is there a mod for Total Warhammer that removes all units released after the 6th edition? Or at least after the 7th edition.

T9A moved away from 8.5 into new game territory with the last update actually.

Nobody would want to make such a mod since the rebalancing needed would be insane.

Alarielle is pretty much confirmed as the first High Elf DLC lord, with the Handmaidens as the bonus unit

I don't really think there's a market for that.

where can I find rules for siege scenarios and castle walls?

Just found out river trolls are gone

Unwashed Masses confirmed for next squatted.

Pantheon Of Chaos 2 just started!
Get your Malal army cheap or get Chaos minis designed by Tony Ackland himself.

kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/pantheon-of-chaos-chapter-two

For 8E I believe they're in the main rulebook.

It'll be a re-boxing with rounds.

Reminder to click "email me" on every out of stock miniature on GWs website that still ships with square bases. Don't let aoscuckies win.

are these what you're looking for? they're called troggoths if so.

>Ignore the shit paintjobs.
The problem isn't the paintjobs,the problem is the ahistorical sculpts courtesy of Osprey Publishing.

>I'm sure Perry has a range of Koreans.
This is probably the best range for a post-Mongol East Asian aesthetic.

Doesn't really matter about it being historically incorrect does it? They're for Fantasy.

Wait, 9th Age lore exists as more than a cheap excuse to keep the GW legal team off their backs?

Quads of hope.

They have sold out but it was a box with square bases, this happened with the skeletons and they came back with rounds.

One interesting thing we can glean from this is that GW is putting round and square kits under a different stock code.

Doesn't quite activate my almonds like the last batch did.

Who's selling the old ones anyway? I assume after the KS they went on to regular retail?

Increasingly so.

People want to look forward to new lore, so some folks enjoy reading it.

>I refuse to believe the 1980s ended: The Kickstarter

I get people wanting the bizarreness of 1980s Chaos back, but the whole aesthetic has aged poorly, IMO.

knightmareminiatures.com

They said more will be added though. Strange to not have it all at the start though.

Thanks, is there a game for them? I was thinking of using the SBG for them.

Nah, that's like saying Starcraft 2 designs look better than Starcraft 1 to me.

It just looks cheap and cluttered or oversimplified now. The feel is gone.

> TFW the woman with the scorpion tail is the only one I want and she's not on.

No, they're just minis for whatever you want to use them with. There was suggestion of their own game eventually, but they're made for Warhammer.

Compare to this.

Check the bottom, they say more will be added later.

Notice how the Hook Horror, their signature model, isn't there either?

Those two aren't very different. I see more in common between those two than I do with '80s versus new Chaos.

I think my problem may be more with the sculpting style though. Ackland's clearly still got that '80s approach to model designs, back when the limited casting tech meant that they were restricted to whatever poses worked with a simple two-part mould.

They go well with Warmonger game's old Kev stuff as well.

They should make a skirmish game for them, I can't see many people wanting to splash out on the number you would need for Warhammer.

If you're going with the master race of square bases you have to restrict movement.

Although to be fair modern GW poses are pretty much just dance moves.

>Doesn't really matter about it being historically incorrect does it? They're for Fantasy.
I should have framed it better.

The author of the Osprey volume inexplicably depicted lamellar as padded armor(E2) and the existing miniature ranges followed suit.
greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com/2015/11/101st-post-p2.html

Lamellar from that time period.

>tfw the oos items you want are going to come back in stock as round based aoshit minis

JUST

i bet theyll increase the price and decrease the models per box too.

We got ourselves a regular fuckin Nostrodomus over here.

don't let it be true ;_;

I'm currently working on a mod for TW:W That gives Franz access to some of the Lore of Heavens spells as abilities with no casting cost. I've already made a modified Uranonn's Thunderbolt as the ability "Lord of Heavens" and I'm wondering what other abilities would be lore-friendlyish in making a Not!Franz Ascendant.

The trend lately is to increase the price but increase the models also so it's less per mini.

It's almost like GW realised their shit is a bit over-costed, shame they had to destroy everything to reach this conclusion.

What else could it possibly be?
This is Games fucking Workshop.
At any point assuming anything but the worst from them is being prepared for disappointment.

Lightning strikes like Blood Bowl resurrected and licensing WFB for vidya can't be counted on.

Neat. Some sort of harmonic convergence buff, or that flaming swords buff to signify Franz inspiring his armies with HOLY MIGHT.

I'm thinking a passive like Roiling Skies except more... not limited to just enemy flyers which is already super fucking limited in the game considering the lack of majority flying units.

If you're making a global debuff against all enemy units, I'm assuming this isn't meant to be balanced. In which case, I'd say go hog wild. Make it a constant mortis engine type affect that has a 500m range or something as the forces of evil literally disintegrate when in range of Karl's goodness.

I'm not necessarily thinking a passive that hits the whole enemy force or the whole ally force. I'd like for it to be balanced. But something that buffs morale or keeping with the Wind of Heavens theme, increasing missile resistance for Karl's army.

Like Metal Shifting gives a +4% bonus to armor piercing damage. Life-leeching improves wind Recharge rate, smoke and Mirrors increases speed by +6% Life Bloom heals everyone when a spell is cast.

I'm thinking like... +10% missile resistance or... ya know, something that isn't absurd. Just more useful than Roiling Skies (-8 Melee Defense, -6 Missile Parry (with Shield) but only if the enemy is flying) I mean I could just remove the "With Flying" trait and lazy out of it. Lord of Thunder is just an Overcast Urannon's Thunderbolt you don't pay winds for afterall.